Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I'm getting weird color corruption on Gems of War on my Galaxy S6, anyone else seen this? It's only on certain interface elements, mainly load screens, and it looks kind of like the color depth is set wrong.

It works fine on my S5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Antti posted:

I can't get past the animal chapter boss in Alphabear. I've tried something like ten times and I've once managed to get within 1000 points of the golden egg limit. So many goddamn Ys and you need to clear all of them or your bear won't be big enough.

How big are the bonuses on the bears you're using? I think I had 3 bears giving over 300% final bonuses each and I got it on my second try (just yesterday). I have been stuck on the Animal Chapter for a long time though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Drone posted:

New Humble Mobile Bundle is Games Workshop stuff... at least a couple of which is already f2p to begin with? (Space Wolf is f2p and Warhammer: the App is a free advertising app).

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

God drat it. I literally just bought Warhammer Quest yesterday.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Gems of war chat:

I think I found basically the best team.

Webweaver
Valkryie
Lady Sapphira
Hero with the eye Xanthenos (blue/purple)
With Whitehelm hometown (+2 yellow each yellow match)

I sure there are stronger teams, but this team kills things reliably, fairly quickly, and most important increase your rewards per match immensely. Valkyrie can use her ability in two yellow matches. And at level 15, she gives 4 souls each time you use her ability. That is same as a normal match's soul rewards. It is not unusually to get 16-20 souls without prolonging the match. Then Webweaver gets fed by Valkryie and use its huge board color change and does AOE damage + posion. If you get it right it you can get 4-5 cast in a row. Which usually fuels everyone on your team, deals a hit or two, and fairly frequently gets you a free map. Lady sapphira and hero are just there for cleaning up and backup plan. Lady deals true damage so it works really well with poison. The hero is just there because valkyrie will fill him up as well and he covers the last color. Usually every two Valkryie cast gets me the hero's ability.

Long story short, I get about 12-16 extra souls and about 30-50 extra gold per match. And every 5-10 matches or so I get a free map.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib

Drone posted:

New Humble Mobile Bundle is Games Workshop stuff... at least a couple of which is already f2p to begin with? (Space Wolf is f2p and Warhammer: the App is a free advertising app).

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

Are any of the not-free games worth downloading?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Does anyone else get next to no surveys.... Like ever?
I've had I think 2 in the past 4 or 5 days. One generic one just asked me if I had kids
That's it :/

That's 2 since I downloaded it

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I got next to nothing for a while, but I've been getting some good ones lately. Heck, one of the ones I got in the last few days was 70-something cents! So just don't worry about it; it's not like you have to keep checking it.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Antti posted:

I can't get past the animal chapter boss in Alphabear. I've tried something like ten times and I've once managed to get within 1000 points of the golden egg limit. So many goddamn Ys and you need to clear all of them or your bear won't be big enough.

There was an update today that majorly changed bear leveling, sleep times, scoring, etc. If you hadn't updated when you wrote this, do so and try again.

That boss is brainy bear. You get werebears every time for getting a silver egg when battling him. If you splurged for the $5 infinite honey, then purposely don't beat him yet. Get a crapheap of werebear upgrades. Get that son of a bitch werebear up to 500% if you have the patience, because it's worth it. (Similarly, the chapter 5 boss gives brainy bears as the only silver prize. Brainy Bear rapidly becomes a monster. He gets to 610% at level 7 post-update).

Anyway, then go at the Chapter 5 boss with werebear and either octobear or hexabee. Plus anyone else that helps you make long words (like more S's). With octobear, each turn is like banging your head against a wall, but you should be able to get a very high score.

Also here's a list of 8 letter words containing two y's.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Thanks for the tips. I noticed today that they'd updated the ratings. My werebear is already up to 400% from banging my head on the brainy boss but I guess there's always room to grind him even further up.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I've had I think 2 in the past 4 or 5 days. One generic one just asked me if I had kids

That's not bad.

Fwiw, I got a total of the first three months I had it. Last month I got 10. It works in mysterious ways.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Almost as if it was meant to be an incentivised market research tool and not a dependable source of free money

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Final Fantasy Tactics is 30% off for the next 2 weeks (down from $14 to just under $10).

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Geektox posted:

Almost as if it was meant to be an incentivised market research tool and not a dependable source of free money

Don't forget a way for Google to serve you better targeted ads within its apps and services.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mrkillboy posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics is 30% off for the next 2 weeks (down from $14 to just under $10).

Is there a way to use Google Credit if you are under the amount? I got 3.22 from surveys, but I really dislike I got to add ten dollars to buy this, completely ignoring my credit.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rirse posted:

Is there a way to use Google Credit if you are under the amount? I got 3.22 from surveys, but I really dislike I got to add ten dollars to buy this, completely ignoring my credit.

No, it's dumb, I agree, but you can't partial pay using Google Credit. Has to be greater than or equal to the purchase price.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Rirse posted:

You can add credits to your balance if you live in the US
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3423011?hl=en

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Are you a white guy? That demo is pretty oversaturated on Rewards, obviously, so fewer surveys. My wife, OTOH, has been getting 3 a day for the last two weeks and is up to $17.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Are you a white guy? That demo is pretty oversaturated on Rewards, obviously, so fewer surveys. My wife, OTOH, has been getting 3 a day for the last two weeks and is up to $17.

Same with mine. I keep telling her to buy Galaxy Trucker so we can play together :argh:

EDIT: I kind of wish they asked about my job or work, so that maybe I could provide insight into stuff like that, like a lot of people could. But I guess it doesn't involve me shopping or spending money in places, so maybe they never will.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Same with mine. I keep telling her to buy Galaxy Trucker so we can play together :argh:

EDIT: I kind of wish they asked about my job or work, so that maybe I could provide insight into stuff like that, like a lot of people could. But I guess it doesn't involve me shopping or spending money in places, so maybe they never will.

Why are you wife/family having people not sharing a google account for the appstore.
I have a generic thesalads@gmail.com account that I use to tie our calendars and play accounts with so that if one of us buys something the other one gets access to it.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 4, 2015

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

mrkillboy posted:

Yes! Thanks! pURCHASED!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

It's kind of a duh statement, but I started getting a shitload more surveys after upgrading phones and basically turning all the location services and poo poo on.

I mean yeah, Google is basically tracking my movements now, but free money. :v:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I woke up to an extra $1.25 in my account this morning. Also just got a survey asking if I'd attended a polo match in the past 30 days.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

tater_salad posted:

Why are you wife/family having people not sharing a google account for the appstore.
I have a generic thesalads@gmail.com account that I use to tie our calendars and play accounts with so that if one of us buys something the other one gets access to it.

(EDIT: Actually, I re-read what you wrote, and see what you mean, I initially thought you were saying that app sharing was a thing (like what Steam does with family sharing), but you're not. Ok, disregard the first part of my post below)

I didn't even know this was a thing, but then again, could we both access the same account at the same time to play multiplayer with each other? If not, that doesn't really help the situation I brought up.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I've never had a problem with it for the limited multiplayer things that I've done with games purchased with the shared account.

The way it seems to work is that the purchase is tied to the thesalads@gmail.com account

If I were to register for a game's multiplayer system then I use whatever e-mail I want, I can't think of anything that forces me to use the google purchase account.

If the game is Google play based I can still tie it to the google play account I have as my personal e-mail address, and my wife her's (so we don't overwrite progress)

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Alphabears gave me a freebie at the start of a round:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Meatwave posted:

You're a fool if you don't do "cameras" on that board instead.

Also, has anyone noticed that they removed dirty words in the latest update? I can't play "oval office" anymore and it definitely worked before.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Meatwave posted:

'Cameramen'? Nice.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

mrkillboy posted:

Interesting looking cartoony spaceship trade and crew management game Cosmonautica is out on the Play Store after a few months in beta early access.

This looks really fun but $7 is a bit steep for a game I might only play for a day or two. Think I'll wait to see if someone here reviews it or the price comes down.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Weren't people saying ff tactics on Android was a terrible port?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lowness 72 posted:

It's based off the psp release.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Lowness 72 posted:

The numbers are ugly and the sprites aren't quite the same, plus the animations in battle are sped up, but the touch controls are fine.

I complained earlier in the thread about it dropping from my memory, but so far that hasn't happened once after the S6 update.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

The numbers are ugly and the sprites aren't quite the same, plus the animations in battle are sped up, but the touch controls are fine.

I complained earlier in the thread about it dropping from my memory, but so far that hasn't happened once after the S6 update.

Ah that might have been you. I think you said you went in for a refund right away?

Good to hear it's working. I have a note 4 so I'm hoping it will work.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Lowness 72 posted:

Ah that might have been you. I think you said you went in for a refund right away?

Good to hear it's working. I have a note 4 so I'm hoping it will work.

Nope, kicked itself out of memory, uninstalled. :( I hope to have a better phone one day.

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 5, 2015

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
drat. What about secret of management then ? Any opinions on the mobile port?

E:Ha-ha secret of MANA.

Lowness 72 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 5, 2015

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Lowness 72 posted:

Nope, never played that one, sounds boring as poo poo. :v

Definitely not a game I'd buy on the phone, plays well with the Shield though. Tip: don't update that to lollipop.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
It's the newest Kairosoft. Climb the corporate ladder! I wonder what the IAP would be.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Lowness 72 posted:

It's the newest Kairosoft.

I have a problem, you just sold me on a fictional game.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I have a problem, you just sold me on a fictional game.

I will admit that I immediately reread the rest of the page to see if there was a newest Kairosoft game.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Lowness 72 posted:

E:Ha-ha secret of MANA.

Runs fine and looks good on my S3, but the movement controls have you running at all times, so it's gonna take some getting used to at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Gems of War Talk:

Is there any reason to keep duplicate troops?

Other than Arena and Treasure Hunt is there anything of note to clearing the rest of the cities, or just a bunch of income?

Is there any way to boost Map/Key acquisition rates in-battle or are they just random drops?

Also, what info do I need to give you to drop my mediocre pubbie guild for sweet goony access?