Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Josh Lyman posted:

But is it the right choice for that type of gun?

If you like it, it's the right choice. But it's like a monkey's paw wish - You're going to like it, but wouldn't it be nice if you also had a <X> and then a <Y> to complement it? And if you already have those three what would one more hurt....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

If you like it, it's the right choice. But it's like a monkey's paw wish - You're going to like it, but wouldn't it be nice if you also had a <X> and then a <Y> to complement it? And if you already have those three what would one more hurt....
James Bond didn't need anything else. :colbert:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

James Bond didn't need anything else. :colbert:

Except a six to eight figure expense account, a fap tasktic car, an entire country backing him and a supposedly humungous :dong:

buy a real loving gun you pleb.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Or alternatively, don't buy a gun because they're pathetic kids toys.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Says the person that paid money for this:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
#rekt

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

SpartanIV posted:

Says the person that paid money for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5souw4K5UQc

music is cool cos it isn't directly supporting death & so are shirts that take the piss out of branding and consumerism

pls post ur tactical outfits

edit: maybe you gun idiots should set up some kind of carbon neutral style write off for guns where you support anti-war groups so that you dumb idiots aren't supporting military industrial complexes just to have cool gun shoot good like in my vidya

gucci bane has a new favorite as of 07:15 on Aug 5, 2015

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Harley C posted:

Or alternatively, don't buy a gun because they're pathetic kids toys.

As opposed to a sweet katana?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Harley C posted:

music is cool cos it isn't directly supporting death & so are shirts that take the piss out of branding and consumerism

edit: maybe you gun idiots should set up some kind of carbon neutral style write off for guns where you support anti-war groups so that you dumb idiots aren't supporting military industrial complexes just to have cool gun shoot good like in my vidya

Death is a vital part of life.

I'm pro-war, pro-profiteering, and anti-hippie.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I better be ironic because I can't deal with the consequences of my autistic hobbys!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Just purchased this t-shirt that a friend designed:

So where's the link to this, fella????????????????????

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Harley C posted:

I better be ironic because I can't deal with the consequences of my autistic hobbys!

You see irony where there is none.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Harley C posted:

Hey man good for you fighting consumerism by buying cool shirts. Don't worry if you're awkward and stick out now, you'll find there's a lot of like minded people once you get to college. Just hang in there and deal with the bullying for now. It gets better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Harley C posted:

so are shirts that take the piss out of branding and consumerism

Did you buy one of those with that dumb as poo poo one, or are you just speaking in general?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

If I ever got a gun, it would have to be a Walther PPK.

I was able to scratch that itch a long time ago. WWII manufacture, 7.65mm goodness with the clamshell bakelite grips. The trigger is like butter and dangerously light with no uptake.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I want a set of this floor mats but they're so pricey I just can't justify them. Maybe for Christmas to myself.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

88h88 posted:

So where's the link to this, fella????????????????????

Here you go!

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

big mean giraffe posted:

I want a set of this floor mats but they're so pricey I just can't justify them. Maybe for Christmas to myself.

I have had weathertechs in several of my other vehicles, and bought them as presents for other people. Every other floor mat can :getout:, they don't compare at all.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Attacking fashion is a bad way of deflecting that you can't justify COOL TOYS FOR ADULTS THAT ARE SHINY AND METAL & COST THOUSANDS (+support murder) T.M.

stop buying guns nerds, use them in your vidya then go buy something nice like a dvd or a dog or go outside and do something that doesn't involve murder & murder simulation

gucci bane has a new favorite as of 16:08 on Aug 5, 2015

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Harley C posted:

Attacking fashion is a bad way of deflecting that you can't justify COOL TOYS FOR ADULTS THAT ARE SHINY AND METAL & COST THOUSANDS (+support murder) T.M.

stop buying guns nerds, use them in your vidya then go buy something nice like a dvd or a dog or go outside and do something that doesn't involve murder & murder simulation

Everyone you have ever/will ever encounter thinks you are an insufferable dickhead.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Picked up a WASR after months of window shopping. No practical use to me as a home defense gun or a hunting rifle, but it sure is fun to shoot!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't own any guns and that shirt is still really dumb.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Sigma X posted:

I have had weathertechs in several of my other vehicles, and bought them as presents for other people. Every other floor mat can :getout:, they don't compare at all.

This times 100. Weathertechs are one of the best purchases you can make for your vehicle.

App13 posted:

Picked up a WASR after months of window shopping. No practical use to me as a home defense gun or a hunting rifle, but it sure is fun to shoot!

Good purchase! I have an RPK and I love it more than I thought it would. The only thing I kind of don't like is it's a beast to haul to the range and back since it's got the LMG length barrel and attached bipod.

Content because I know everyone in this thread loves guns and how cool they are. I sent off a check for this yesterday.
Nickeled Smith & Wesson M&P with mother of pearl grips.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

Everyone you have ever/will ever encounter thinks you are an insufferable dickhead.

Why because I decided to call out how much losers have an expensive, dumb and morally reprehensible gun fetish in here? Not likely m8

other guy: yeh the shirt is dumb, that is the point. i dont take myself seriously, aka carry a weapon around like a very tough strong adult baby

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Must be hard to shoot that gun with the duck penis protruding from the barrell.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
guns are stupid

or they're not and they're alright and/or pretty cool

i don't know really it's almost as if the opinion is subjective

you know what's objectively cool? florence + the machine.

bought lungs after absolutely loving ceremonials and not regretting it for a minute

colas
Feb 14, 2007

That looks lovely.

I got a mixed vegetable lunch combo with pork fried rice.

colas has a new favorite as of 16:52 on Aug 5, 2015

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

I give in. what is it?

Super lightweight seat catch?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like the people posting Youtube videos of themselves openly walking around with a gun and getting mad when cops get nervous about it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

spog posted:

I give in. what is it?

Mount for the go pedal?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

SpartanIV posted:

Nickeled Smith & Wesson M&P with mother of pearl grips.

This is a beautiful gun. I've been meaning to get my license for no other reason than I'd like to know how to handle a firearm, and wheel guns have always been a favorite of mine due to Clint Eastwood's westerns.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

spog posted:

I give in. what is it?

Dick Trauma has it, it's a mount to move the gas pedal forward about 20mm. It's much farther "down" than the brake and clutch pedals, stock, and that makes it difficult to heel-toe downshift.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Just got a suppressor and a threaded barrel for my CZ SP01 Shadow. My bullets went from BOOM BOOM BOOM to thwap thwap thwap and it still recoils like a .22. Easily my favorite gun to shoot now.

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool
New monitor.

A Dell Ultrasharp U2515H 25" 1440p IPS panel.

It's very nice and putting my old HP w2207 on the right to shame. Now I just have to save up for another one.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Very nice. What did you pay for it?

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool
£250 off Amazon UK, seems a pretty good price point for the quality. It's certainly receiving good reviews.

Aquarium Gravel
Oct 21, 2004

I dun shot my dick off
Favorite?

Rifle. Is shiny, unlike many other rifles. Hunt down from various sources and purchase many shiny parts this week for completing of rifle. Bright Stainless ambi safety levers, titanium takedown pins and Aluminum anodized mag release from Battle Arms Development, Titanium lock plate nut from V7, Anodized Aluminium Aimpoint R1 (discontinued model, gently used in great shape) and Hard Chrome bolt carrier from Rock River Arms.

About $1850 all told in this one. It's my wife's personal rifle, so she doesn't have to borrow one of mine to be morally reprehensible at the range.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Guns for show, swords for pros. Uhlmann grip, FWF titanium guard, Dynamo blade, FWF electric tip. Time to duel some dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That grip is crazy looking. What is it made out of? How do you hold it?