Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Riso posted:

Do tell, in what way are they racist?

If we're talking about Bavarians, I imagine in the worst possible way you could imagine. Hellish red eyes, dark magic incinerating immigrants, the whole Bavarian spiel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

bronin posted:

Well you should have come to the only region in Bavaria worth a drat: Allgäu :cryingschlossneuschwanstein: :cryingbraunvieh: :cryingskisprungschanzeoberstdorf:

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Hahahaha. This owns. Thanks!

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, there's a Bavarian Allgäu too? Or is that the same as the one in Swabia

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

wayfinder posted:

theres a bavarian part of swabia too

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
its very great britain united kingdom british isles

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

wayfinder posted:

Biggest part is in the district of Swabia in Bavaria. Small part is in Baden-Württemberg.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

wayfinder posted:

Come on, Swabia isn't even a real state. Das Schwabenland ist abgebrannt.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I was born in Kempten and didn't find out that I can technically call myself "Gebürtiger Schwabe" since there is such a thing as the Regierungsbezirk Schwaben.

Upon realizing this, my speech instantly became slurry and indiscernible from my other guttural sounds.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Schwäbisch owns. Allgäu owns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTyiz-LvsJI

Also visit Gunzesried if you like good cheese:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Man, now I'm jealous, we're a lot less famous for our cheese up here. (We have good tea though)

This is everything you need to know about our famous land up in the north:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc3ulY3EkGg

Now let's sing about killing Romans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eufZ91FeFzs

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Come to think of it, Bavaria is actually the country that does the most to end racism.

Because all other people and ethnicities are unified in looking down on the Bajuwaren.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Libluini posted:

If we're talking about Bavarians, I imagine in the worst possible way you could imagine. Hellish red eyes, dark magic incinerating immigrants, the whole Bavarian spiel.

True.

Randler posted:

Come to think of it, Bavaria is actually the country that does the most to end racism.

Because all other people and ethnicities are unified in looking down on the Bajuwaren.

For good reasons. It would help if they didn't have their very own political party.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
And didn't think about seceding every few months. And wore less weird traditional clothing. And didn't have a strange accent. And were less conservative. But anyway, that's enough about Texas,

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The Bavarian mans burden.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Regensburg is the best city in the world, suck it :colbert:.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
As a tourist what is good to visit in 1 day without a car near Frankfurt or Stuttgart in very late November/early December?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Ranter posted:

As a tourist what is good to visit in 1 day without a car near Frankfurt or Stuttgart in very late November/early December?

Heidelberg.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Drone posted:

Heidelberg.

Thank you. We are already visiting the following on a small group tour: Michelstadt, Heidelberg, Rothenburg ob der tauber, Wurzburg, Bamberg and end in Munich. We arrive in Frankfurt then have 3 days to get over jetlag before going on the tour that visits all these places, so wondering if there might be a good place to visit from Frankfurt before the tour leaves.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsN_JA_wXmo

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Beautiful.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Er ist wieder da:

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
That color scheme can't be coincidental.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

wayfinder posted:

Er ist wieder da:

More like a Putschschwamm.

horns.aiff

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Drone posted:

More like a Putschschwamm.

horns.aiff

:golfclap:

One thing that the Americans do so much better than us is the protection of whistle-blowers. Can't believe that they fired the Generalbundesanwalt (that's a real German word!), but the investigations against Netzpolitik.org are still not over.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Torrannor posted:

One thing that the Americans do so much better than us is the protection of whistle-blowers. Can't believe that they fired the Generalbundesanwalt (that's a real German word!), but the investigations against Netzpolitik.org are still not over.

When the Americans are not ignoring or prosecuting whistle-blowers at record levels, you mean?

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Torrannor posted:

One thing that the Americans do so much better than us is the protection of whistle-blowers.

:psyduck:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

emptyquote

and :cawg:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Torrannor posted:

Snowden and Bradley Manning ring a bell?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Torrannor posted:

The US are pretty good at protecting corporate whistleblowers, but if you tell on the government you get buttfucked. Literally.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

wayfinder posted:

Er ist wieder da:

How did they not price this at € 0.88?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Reading sueddeutsche today reminded of this thread. Some retard teacher regularly electrocuted his students for "educational purposes", someone finally got hurt and sued the school. The usual stuff, but then there is also this gem

quote:

Ein klarer Fall von Volksverhetzung

Es ging bei der Verhandlung aber nicht nur um die Stromschläge. Der 62-Jährige wurde außerdem wegen Volksverhetzung verurteilt. Die Strafe macht den größeren Anteil am Urteil aus. Der Lehrer hatte einen blonden Schüler als Arier bezeichnet und einen anderen wegen seiner tschechischen Abstammung als Zugehörigen zu einer "minderwertigen Rasse, der nichts kann".

Das sei "äußerst diskriminierend", sagte die Richterin. Da sei es auch nicht relevant, dass dies nur im Klassenverband gefallen sei. Auch der Schüler habe sich sehr verletzt gefühlt.

Für Staatsanwalt Michael Imhof ebenfalls ein klarer Fall von Volksverhetzung. "Bei dem Angeklagten lag eine völkische Ideologie vor", sagte er in seinem Plädoyer. Der junge Mann habe den Anforderungen des Lehrers nicht genügt und der habe von dessen tschechischen Wurzeln gewusst. Das habe der 62-Jährige dann zum Anlass für seine Beleidigungen genommen. "Er hat den Schüler in seiner Menschenwürde massiv verletzt", sagte Imhof, und ihn auf ganz gemeine Weise runtergemacht. Dabei habe er seine Aufgabe als Lehrer "vollkommen verfehlt". Außerdem seien das nicht die einzigen ausländerfeindlichen Äußerungen des Mannes gewesen, das hätten etliche Schüler bestätigt.

Der Lehrer dagegen will mit seinen Äußerungen lediglich Begriffe aus dem Dritten Reich erläutert haben. "Ich habe im Unterricht erklärt, wo das herkommt", sagte er. Das sei aber offensichtlich ganz anders aufgenommen worden. Er habe niemanden beleidigen wollen. Sein Mandant habe sich nicht klug verhalten, sagte Anwalt Geiger. Dennoch könne er im Begriff "Arier" keine Volksverhetzung erkennen, das Wort bezeichne lediglich die Zugehörigkeit zur indogermanischen Rasse. Den jungen Mann mit tschechischen Vorfahren habe der Angeklagte nicht korrekt behandelt, räumte der Anwalt ein, "aber unter Volksverhetzung stelle ich mir etwas anderes vor". Der 62-Jährige sei eben ein Lehrer, der manchmal provoziere, um die Schüler zu höheren Leistungen anzustacheln. Er beantragte eine Verurteilung wegen Beleidigung.

Dem widersprach das Gericht. Es habe keinen Anlass für diese Äußerungen gegeben, sagte die Richterin in ihrer Urteilsbegründung und schon gar kroner geschichtlichen Rahmen.

I can totally believe that he does not consider himself a Racist and the remarks as innocent.

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/urteil-am-amtsgericht-kronach-lehrer-versetzt-schuelern-stromstoesse-1.2598028

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
wow Riso is way older than I thought.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

One of my favorite things to to when I am forced to interact with Bavarians (Franconians included) is ask them their opinion of that whole area, Kronach, Coburg, Hof etc., and watch them recoil in horror. The last time it was a guy from Nürnberg and he made the entirety of Oberfranken sound like the darkest depths of the Congo, except more expensive to Germans.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

A friend of mine is in training to become a public servant and he and his colleagues are all desperately studying to not be part of the 90% who'll be sent to Hof for a decade or so. LOL

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

A friend of mine is in training to become a public servant and he and his colleagues are all desperately studying to not be part of the 90% who'll be sent to Hof for a decade or so. LOL

:dogbutton:

So this is what culture shock feels like.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Please explain to someone from southern Bavaria what's going on up there

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

wayfinder posted:

wow Riso is way older than I thought.

Eat poo poo.

If I were to hate people with Bohemian ancestry I'd have to move.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

bronin posted:

Please explain to someone from southern Bavaria what's going on up there

It's basically an area that used to be 100% industry (meaning that it was ugly to begin with), which then spent 45 years in the shadow of the iron curtain, and now it's 50% industry and 50% falling-apart shithole. Here's an image from Wikipedia to illustrate:

The area is also called 'Bayrisch Sibirien', incidentally. People claim it's because of the weather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
i don't see the problem, the Luftwaffe has long been searching for an area to train carpet bombing