Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

mafoose posted:

Shop around on the tint?

$99 will have a car tinted here with suntek that has a lifetime warranty. $40 more to remove old tint.

I probably should. This was at Earmark, which is a fairly high end local chain that does audio/alarms/tint, using Formula 1 tint.

meatpimp posted:

Just buy a steamer for less than that and do it yourself, then you have a steamer, too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-STEAM-SHARK-II-HARD-SURFACE-STEAM-CLEANER-EP908-EURO-PRO-X-/331608660700?hash=item4d356a9adc That's what I have. It worked on 20-year old tint on the MR2, 4 year old tint on the Juke, 10 year old tint on a truck and 3 year old tint on an Acura.

The more you take the tint off, the easier it gets, but it's really no more complex than "hit it with steam, then slowly peel." Keep the steam mostly on the dry side and it comes off clean.

Like I want to be using a steamer when the projected highs for the next week are nearly 110. At least the (decent) shops have air conditioned shops. I don't even have a garage I can pull into. My a/c is ice loving cold and can easily freeze my nipples off, but I think the steamer (and having the doors open) would offset that a bit.

I honestly have no idea how old this tint is - the rear window is the only one that has any issues, it's noticeably faded a bit more than the other windows too. I do know it wasn't tinted in Texas (missing the sticker that we've required for nearly a decade).

Sigma X posted:

I just made an appointment half an hour ago to have all-round tint put on my Fiesta and it's $355 for ceramic tint. I realize that prices change based on the market, but... your budget tint joint where they use dyed plastic film might be $99, but it's more for anything approaching quality film by a quality installer.

Ceramic or metallic is what I planned to use.

Sigma X posted:

Oh, I know. I know. I've used Huper Optik ceramic in several of my other cars and it's always been great; there's just no installers for that brand in the area. Nothing beats it for UV and heat rejection. I wish they could make it clear with the same efficacy, I'd put it on every window.

Looks like there's an installer about 20 minutes away.

I'm still sorta leaning toward FormulaOne Comfort (which is metallic). I don't want plain dyed film, even though I only plan to keep the car another couple of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I've decided my next car is going to be a Fiesta ST, either late this year or more likely early next year. Until then the plan is to put every cent I don't absolutely need to spend into savings for a sizeable down payment.

I know at least one of you guys own one of these - what do you think? Is it as fun as it looks and would you say it's worth the price in fun/$$ ratio?

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Previa_fun posted:

I've decided my next car is going to be a Fiesta ST, either late this year or more likely early next year. Until then the plan is to put every cent I don't absolutely need to spend into savings for a sizeable down payment.

I know at least one of you guys own one of these - what do you think? Is it as fun as it looks and would you say it's worth the price in fun/$$ ratio?

God yes. I'm down in Straya so we have the two-door version which only has "what color would you like?" as options, but with the recaro seats fitted and all the options you actually want anyway.

It's amazing enough stock but a simple flash tune & intake (I believe Cobb have a kit with both for USDM cars?) gives you an absurd amount of torque and a lot of very silly turbo sounds (which are excellent, it just sounds so happy!)

IIRC you yanks can get the Mountune performance kit through dealers too which is a flash tune and intake kit that doesn't void the car's warranty, which is pretty dope.

It's surprisingly fun in a straight line and a ridiculous amount of fun through the twisties. 10/10 would recommend.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I paid $180 for SunTek HP tint but I've had to reschedule like 3 times now cuz of work. All black interior is killer in the summer.

dident you get fired? should maxe scheduling easier atleast.

Anyways, i dont think this 1950s approach to dealing with my emotions is going to last any longer. every other day it really just hits me like a hammer. I never really dealt with my feelings. everytime something felt lovely i just focus on something else and move on, sorta pushing the bad stuff to the bottom of the drawer in the dark hole that is my soul. But lately these moments of weakness has gotten real regular and more violent. i can be lying in bed next to my wife, struggeling to fall asleep and just starting to...shake. all the poo poo that has being hidden in my "mind basement" just rushes forward and strangle my brain. cancer poo poo, old afghanistan poo poo, mean ex girlfriends, hell, even the time i pushed my buddy of his bike when we where 13 comes back and just drowns my ability to think in guilt, fear,confusion and darkness. I try to put up an armour of self ridicule about my disease, and i know i am on my way to recovery. but i think the sum of hiding away serious doubts and fear for the last 18 months are finally greater then my resolve. From being told that it was just routine and i would be well in three months to some months later mentally preparing to not being able to see my kids grow up. and then going back to being on the path to recovery. i dont want to sound like a pussy, but it has been really really tough.

I have never ever talked about any negative emotions, or emotions at all really, it just never was room for it in our family. it was allways handled like any other pain, just walk it of and be quiet. I dont think i ever really have sat down and thought about how i feel about things. and when my feelings now are so loving up front in my brain i have no qlue what to do. no sleep the last 74 hours or so. I had to stop the car earlier today and just cried my brains for 35 mins. I think i am finally going totally insane. and not like... good insane, like roadkill or madmax insane. but like, walking around in a trenchcoat with a brick in your left pocket and a live chicken in the other. I seriously think i should be committed, i cant deal with this poo poo.

most of all, i should probably tell my wife or something. she is a doctor, she fixes broken people. i just dont want to bother anyone with my crazyness

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

fjelltorsk posted:

just cried my brains for 35 mins.

It's all good man. Do exactly that. More importantly.......

fjelltorsk posted:

i should probably tell my wife or something. she is a doctor

You should DEFINITELY tell your wife. Doctor or not. This is who you can trust and talk to. Do it. That's the way to make it better.

You've had a lot of poo poo to deal with. Talk about it with a person you trust.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Insanity mode is really rubbing off on ya, huh?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

some texas redneck posted:

Like I want to be using a steamer when the projected highs for the next week are nearly 110. At least the (decent) shops have air conditioned shops. I don't even have a garage I can pull into. My a/c is ice loving cold and can easily freeze my nipples off, but I think the steamer (and having the doors open) would offset that a bit.

Isn't there a trick involving black garbage bags, some ammonia, and parking the car with the tint facing the sun to let it steam the tint off for you?

fjelltorsk posted:

most of all, i should probably tell my wife or something. she is a doctor, she fixes broken people. i just dont want to bother anyone with my crazyness

Dude, you've gone through an amount of poo poo that most of us have hopefully never seen the likes of. Talking those feelings over with your wife isn't bothering her, it's another step in taking care of yourself and kicking cancer in the ball.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Made it back! Bus did wonderfully (except for the leaky brake booster, but one's on order) but I can't get it to pass emissions. 600 out of 500 allowed hydrocarbons idling (and that's after I tried taking the air cleaners off and adjusting idle mixture from 2 turns out to 1.25) and 9.xx whatever CO under load out of 5.5 allowed (but 5.49 out of 5.5 allowed idling), one pass and one fail on idle and load. And after some research it looks like the PO put on these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6RGWScIG3E

EMPI EPC 34.

I know it's dangerous, but my next try is to run 1/4 or 1/2 gallon of denatured alcohol. I've already failed 4 tests this afternoon (first thing I did coming in from the freeway).

Writing up a final trip blog post now, with a ton of pictures. Short story: Side door center hinge (big one on the center rail) is broken, NOS are around $200 but I snagged a used one for $40 on an ebay auction randomly and sniped it just minutes before it ended. Needs tires (cheap, 205/75 r14), leaky brake booster, new front pads, e-brake is hosed (but locks one wheel so it works as a parking brake), BADLY needs shift lever front bushing (ordered), and the "Z-bed" it came with is a literal pile of moldy plywood and rubber with rusty hinges in the approximate places they used to be located.

The pictures in the ad were CLEARLY taken last year (9/14, there's a $1500 receipt for new pads, brand new carbs, plugs from that date in the glovebox) and it sat for the past year under a tree so it was covered in mildew/moss stuff, but I put some pictures on the blog of washing that off at a car wash (took 30 minutes with the brush and engine soak solution). Car has been probably five colors in the past, and one of the colors had decals or something because there's a weird sun or octopus decal texture when you look at it at just the right angle.

It has rust, badly in three places: driver's side skidplate/rear rocker area (have no idea how to fix), passenger side rear wheel well (2 inch hole, strong each side, that one I can get some steel plate and rivet/seam seal into place I'm guessing), and the sliding door vent window. In fact, both of the side vent windows have rust so bad beneath them that the bottom pins are simply missing, and they are held in place by the vent locks. I've looked, but I cannot seem to source new vent window "frames," just the inner glass. I need new frames, or ventless windows or something.

I have no idea how bad the rust is beneath the windshield, but I know that is generally a problem area :ohdear:

The bus drove absolutely fine, and it lost maybe 2-3 actual quarts of oil on the trip, and I'm pretty sure that is from a mystery leak on the left side of the engine, somewhere under the air shroud. You can see in the pictures in [this] blog post that over the course of the trip the back of the bus was spattered lightly with oil, but at every fillup I only had to put in 50-100 ml at most, and even with my failed hydrocarbon numbers, I pass HC on the under load test, so I don't think I'm burning much if any oil.

What scares me? The reciept in the glovebox shows a compression test done, and cylinders 2-4 were 120PSI, but cylinder 1 was 90 :ohdear:

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 6, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I liked the blog a lot, dude. Almost every entry made me laugh and I shared a few with the normals in my life who didn't find them as amusing as I did. And they call the VW bus a mass-market car.

Good work all around. Glad you are not dead.

Best of luck with your emissions system, it seems sort of insane that any state would e-test an air cooled VW. Time for an EJ22 swap?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

What's the address for the bus-blog again? I saw it this weekend before you left and forgot to bookmark it.

Just pulled a monstrous contraption out of the oven after over an hour baking. Made a bacon-weave and then mixed two eggs, hashbrowns, cheese, jalapenos, onion, and peppers and spread it out on top. Rolled that bitch up like a delicious breakfast sushi roll (that's a lie, it's the size of a Qdoba burrito) and threw it in the oven. Sooooo tasty.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
https://stupidbus.wordpress.com/

It'll change your life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fjelltorsk posted:

Anyways, i dont think this 1950s approach to dealing with my emotions is going to last any longer. every other day it really just hits me like a hammer. I never really dealt with my feelings. everytime something felt lovely i just focus on something else and move on, sorta pushing the bad stuff to the bottom of the drawer in the dark hole that is my soul. But lately these moments of weakness has gotten real regular and more violent. i can be lying in bed next to my wife, struggeling to fall asleep and just starting to...shake. all the poo poo that has being hidden in my "mind basement" just rushes forward and strangle my brain. cancer poo poo, old afghanistan poo poo, mean ex girlfriends, hell, even the time i pushed my buddy of his bike when we where 13 comes back and just drowns my ability to think in guilt, fear,confusion and darkness. I try to put up an armour of self ridicule about my disease, and i know i am on my way to recovery. but i think the sum of hiding away serious doubts and fear for the last 18 months are finally greater then my resolve. From being told that it was just routine and i would be well in three months to some months later mentally preparing to not being able to see my kids grow up. and then going back to being on the path to recovery. i dont want to sound like a pussy, but it has been really really tough.

I have never ever talked about any negative emotions, or emotions at all really, it just never was room for it in our family. it was allways handled like any other pain, just walk it of and be quiet. I dont think i ever really have sat down and thought about how i feel about things. and when my feelings now are so loving up front in my brain i have no qlue what to do. no sleep the last 74 hours or so. I had to stop the car earlier today and just cried my brains for 35 mins. I think i am finally going totally insane. and not like... good insane, like roadkill or madmax insane. but like, walking around in a trenchcoat with a brick in your left pocket and a live chicken in the other. I seriously think i should be committed, i cant deal with this poo poo.

My friend we are so much more alike than I could have guessed. poo poo I did when I was a loving child comes back to haunt me quite frequently, things I did to ex's, outright horrible things I've done as an adult.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Glad you made it back ok! Good luck on the emissions thing.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Healthcare poo poo

I'm going to resist talking about "the system" since I'm technically a part of it and have bias and will just say:

Don't put medical care off until it becomes so bad you have to go to the hospital. Otherwise you're not better than one of your customers that doesn't change their brakes when they should and so when the car finally gets to you it needs pads, rotors and possibly calipers and more.

If you're really worried about cost, there are at least two great lower cost options in Seattle, Neighborcare (neighborcare.org) and SeaMar (seamar.org) that might be able to help, and really if your income is really low, you might be able to get Medicaid and most neighborhood clinics like that will have offices that can help you apply. Also, most clinics, even Swedish in Ballard, have charity care and self pay (which comes with a discount) options.

Here's the thing we already know they're going to tell you about your lungs though: If you keep smoking you're going to die sooner than you would otherwise.

edit: congrats Geirskogul!!

Mat_Drinks fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 6, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Real talk I've had this pain in my pelvis for like 5 days and today it was getting pretty bad. It wasn't surface pain, it felt slightly below the skin. I was just taking a piss and noticed a red splotchy colored part of my skin and when I prodded it the fucker exploded. Looks like it was an infected ingrown hair or something.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I really need to stop reading this thread when I'm already nauseous

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

fjelltorsk posted:

i cant deal with this poo poo.

No you can't, and you aren't expected to. Get help, because you've come so far and done so much. You got help for the cancer and kicked it's rear end, get help for this, it's just as real.

You know how your wife would feel if something happened and she found out you decided not to trouble her.

Bajaha posted:

Insanity mode is really rubbing off on ya, huh?

:boom:

Rhyno posted:

Real talk I've had this pain in my pelvis for like 5 days and today it was getting pretty bad. It wasn't surface pain, it felt slightly below the skin. I was just taking a piss and noticed a red splotchy colored part of my skin and when I prodded it the fucker exploded. Looks like it was an infected ingrown hair or something.

There's a gross poo poo thread in pyf, they'd love you.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Had to make a sudden stop on the drive home from work today, got rearended mildly. 2012 Camry didn't even have a cracked rear bumper, while her grille was pushed back and the hood was smashed up. Traded information, I'll file the claim soon.

Could have been worse, pretty much no damage to the car besides some slight cosmetic stuff on the bottom of the rear bumper.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

loving Hell. What a day. I'm staying in Manhattan, went to a Deftones / Incubus gig in Jones Beach tonight. So I thought I'd get a zipcar as public transport there looked like poo poo.

Picked up the car, first time driving in America, first time driving a LHD car in four years. First time driving an automatic in eight. Headed off, going OK despite spatial awareness being a bit hosed up and a blind spot you could fit a bus in.

Closed road not on google maps. Fine, google maps will sort that out. Battery on my hosed old iPhone 5 dies. Plug it in. Keep driving. Still no phone or nav. Now somewhere in south Manhattan. Figure out the 12v port doesn't work. Phone back on just in time to get on Henry Hudson parkway going in the right direction. Get near our destination, turns out the wife put in Long Island not Long Beach, although TBH I'm pretty sure I told her the wrong name in the first place.

No bother, we have plenty of time so we grab a nice lunch, and drive around Jones Beach. I'm acclimatising to driving here now. Zipcar fuel card doesn't work in any gas stations. Never mind I'll pay cash.

Leaving the gig, in the dark, jet lagged to gently caress, acclimatisation back to zero. Suddenly the lack of lane discipline and general drunk teen driving style here isn't so charming. At least I can take solice that my driving is certainly not the worst on the road, hell, I would have to try pretty hard to be worse than our taxi from Laguardia. Honestly the most stressful hour and a bit of driving of my life, even counting zero visibility snow storms :derp:

Still I'm looking forward to 1500 miles round the west coast next week, and the gig was amazing, and America has been brilliant so far :911:

The Kia Forte I had is the definition of a driving appliance. Solidly OK apart from zero steering feel and a gearbox which only has two states, no acceleration and holy gently caress drop a million gears and lets go motherfuckers. It also feels a million miles wide when you are used to being on the other side of the car.

fjelltorsk, that sucks. I hope you can find somebody to talk to about it. Even if you just tell you wife look, I'm going through some poo poo, and I don't want to burden you with it, so I'm going to find somebody to talk this through with. A friend, a professional, or a somebody else who has been through similar poo poo. Mental wounds are no less of an injury than physical ones.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I made a thraed in GBS I'd like to share, :nws: Come join Kirk Johnson and Google Deep Dream in search of God :nws:

I basically refined earlier's concept out a little further

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

mariooncrack posted:

Looks like I'll be in the Boston area in a few weeks if anyone wants to hang out.

If it will be the weekend of the 22nd, come on down to CT and hang with the whole gang! I can pick you up if it is anywhere north of i90 in the boston area basically.

I am back from the bay area and that trip was great. I met someone at the wedding I was out there for and goddamn she is awesome and I hope we find some way around the whole "living on opposite sides of the country" problem because that was possibly the best week of my life so far, so much so that a few hours before getting on my flight home I was considering selling everything and moving to CA, a state that I outright hate (mostly due to silly political/emissions testing bullshit.)

Adiabatic is right, life rocks.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Besides risking a melted engine, ethanol or alcohol/naptha will reduce hydrocarbons and CO in an emissions test, right? They're not testing for nox.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Pham Nuwen posted:

Had to make a sudden stop on the drive home from work today, got rearended mildly. 2012 Camry didn't even have a cracked rear bumper, while her grille was pushed back and the hood was smashed up. Traded information, I'll file the claim soon.

Could have been worse, pretty much no damage to the car besides some slight cosmetic stuff on the bottom of the rear bumper.

I rearended a mid 90s Camry several years ago in my Accord. Exact same thing, but in reverse - I was the one that hit them. They made a sudden stop, and I had turned my head to see if I'd be okay to make my turn (she was in a right turn lane with a yield sign), Camry didn't have a scratch, my car had $3500 in damage. From a ~5 mph impact. :sigh: I caught them with the corner of my bumper with nothing behind it, not even styrofoam, so the bumper went into the headlight, into the airbox, fender, hood, and radiator support.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

14 INCH SLIT posted:

The back injury one I specifically called my provider ahead of time, asked for an in plan consult, called, made the appointment, got driven down there, looker at for 20 minutes, got told yep you strained your back, do light duty for 2 weeks, ice it, here's some ibuprofin. 2 weeks later a bill showed up and after insurance deductions my remaining balance was $209.xx

That sucks.
With my hosed up knee my dr (who charges me nothing), managed to wrangle a free MRI scan for me tomorrow (normally they cost $350).
He still hasn't worked out what to do with my hosed up back and hand though. But if it wasn't for cheap/free healthcare, I wouldn't be alive.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Aug 6, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

some texas redneck posted:

Okay, then go throw money at someone who will profit by doing the easy work you're too lazy to do, Mr. Moneybags.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

fjelltorsk posted:

I paid for it a few weeks ago online because there was a 10% off deal through their website. I also got a new job the same day I got fired.

Also, talk to your wife. I have a lot of anxiety and depression issues and tend to hold things in until I have a melt-down. Don't do that.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

kastein posted:

I am back from the bay area and that trip was great.

That's awesome man!

Yeah- I liked the bay area when I was out there. The state laws ARE awful (you can't even own a goddamn ferret as a pet there). but the weather is great especially between January and March.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Stayed up way too late playing the talos principle. I've started trying to go after the stars and it's getting really interesting...

Puzzle games are some of my favorite, and this one is relaxing (for the most part).

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
My (parent) company has a 35-revisions 14-page document specifying server naming conventions.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

bolind posted:

My (parent) company has a 35-revisions 14-page document specifying server naming conventions.

Server
Server_1
Server_new
Server_new_2
Server_2
Server_new_new

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

freelop posted:

Server_newest
Server_1
Server_new
Server_new_2
Server_2
Server_new_new

Ftfy

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Phonepostin from the loony bin. The doctor at the er recommended 72 hours of inpatient treatment while my brain sorta lands. I can leave if i want to. But i have a feeling that some good sleep and what they called an intro to therapy where i have two sessions a day is good for me.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fjelltorsk posted:

Phonepostin from the loony bin. The doctor at the er recommended 72 hours of inpatient treatment while my brain sorta lands. I can leave if i want to. But i have a feeling that some good sleep and what they called an intro to therapy where i have two sessions a day is good for me.

Good on you bror, stay strong :ohdear:

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Previa_fun posted:

It's pretty fun, I don't think you can beat the price/fun ratio in any other new car. It's also REALLY cheap to mod (compared to the Porsche I came from). Keep in mind - it's a fun car, it's a sporty car, but it's not a sports car. And the finish quality is trash-tier.

fjelltorsk posted:

What a refreshing change from literally every other goon I've ever seen post something about feeling mentally unbalanced. Good on you.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

fjelltorsk posted:

As someone very close to someone who wouldn't go get the exact same help, you're an incredibly strong person and I envy your ability to make hard choices.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

fjelltorsk posted:

Well done. You may not feel like it, but you are seen as a pillar of strength by a lot of us here. The poo poo you've been dealt over the past year is incredible and the brain is no different than any other part of the body... sometimes it hurts and you need a doctor to help it heal.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Glad you decided to get some help, fjelltorsk. I've been fighting my demons alone for years and it's a battle I've been slowly losing...finally had an intake appointment for counseling last week where they diagnosed me with PTSD/anxiety as well as severe clinical depression, so welp that explains a lot.

It's gonna be a hard road working through everything but it will all be worth it in the end.

Seriously y'all, go get help, talk to someone about your problems and feelings. poo poo is a lifesaver.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Adiabatic posted:

Life owns, get over it. :sun:

I'm glad things are working out well for you but life doesn't always work out like that for everyone.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Coredump posted:

I'm glad things are working out well for you but life doesn't always work out like that for everyone.

Not with that attitude.

Edit: That was a little blunt of me. I mean to say that what happens to you is much less important than how you deal with what happens to you, but I'm a sucker for brevity so it came out rear end in a top hat-ish. I apologize :shobon:

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

stump posted:

loving Hell. What a day. I'm staying in Manhattan, went to a Deftones / Incubus gig in Jones Beach tonight. So I thought I'd get a zipcar as public transport there looked like poo poo.

How was the concert? I'm going to their show in ATL in 7 days.

fjelltorsk posted:

Good for you, dude. An outpatient stay really helped me out a few years ago.

• Locked thread