Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
I think most organized religions should have the ability to call something akin to a Jihad or Crusade -- maybe for religions without a head, an especially zealous leader could do it or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the buddhist holy war

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Friendly Tumour posted:

the buddhist holy war

The Hindus at least should be able to do it, especially since the Indians hardly ever leave India

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Larry Parrish posted:

The Hindus at least should be able to do it, especially since the Indians hardly ever leave India

I loving wish...

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Larry Parrish posted:

the Indians hardly ever leave India

Ha ha ha, great! :twisted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just noticed that as lovely as Naval is, it only has 3 negative events. The rest all give prestige, free ships, mil power, free admirals, or 5 year modifiers like bonus morale. Also a bunch of really good +trade efficiency/power/range policies.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

is there still that thing with victoria 2 where you should always be on the beta patch? I remember it being the only good patch back when I first tried to play the game.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

what's the hot speculation on Project Augustus?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

it's EU:Rome 2 but with the name changed so people don't think of total war

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I never played EU Rome, but no one talks about it except tk say it's terrible.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

it had a bunch of ideas that i really wanted to work and could imagine being retooled to be non-retarded but yeah it was boring and lovely

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

mostly there werent enough countries and the cool seeming character stuff was really superficial or not very interactive or both (cant remember).

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i hope this stuff is actually good to use and not just cool to look at

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Buschmaki posted:

It had some interesting ideas, but yeah it was a buggy mess

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's also this bizzare thing where if you're say, Rhodes, and Cyprus is your 'natural rival' along with Sparta or whatever, you'll all have super high relations with eachother that just climb and climb and climb. So without fail they are always your natural allies actually. It makes no sense. Also the diplomacy screen just straight up lies. It says stuff like 'AI Will Accept' and then the AI never does.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

i hope this stuff is actually good to use and not just cool to look at

Looks slick

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

believableworlds.jpg

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Seems like it. some videos i've seen of it looked to show that there a few problems with drawing battlelines and the AI being a bit wonky with path finding, but other wise pretty drat nice for letting you control a huge front without tedious micromanaging.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I met a Russian dude today and he said he was from Samara and I was like oh that was part of khazan then I did the map gamer shuffle and ran away.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mapgaming is awesome.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Europeans get really impressed when you know even a tiny piece of info about their bum gently caress city.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Europeans get really impressed when you know even a tiny piece of info about their bum gently caress city.

we do

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know what makes me insanely angry about the new 1 month siege thing. Rebels.

If you get a one-province thick strip of rebels, like say if your Granada and you annex all your border provinces with Castile, the rebels won't walk through non-Castillian territory to get to other provinces. If the provinces they want to siege are under a forts Zone of Control, but not part of the cultural territory, they can just walk right past the fort like it's NBD. You got to be loving making GBS threads me.

I spent maybe 10 loans worth of mercenaries and all of my manpower chasing down rebels that started out mil tech 3, but they gained the tactics bonus when Castile leveled it up after our war, so they started pwning me handily. I'm going to get poo poo on when Castile comes back for their cores. :nallears:

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

space mapgame confirmed i guess

https://imgur.com/a/wAJgu

i dont care at all doe

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i hope it's good

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

I hope it's not turn based

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

space mapgame confirmed i guess

https://imgur.com/a/wAJgu

i dont care at all doe

Those nation names look real bad.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the confederated league of the republican kingdoms

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't liked a single other space 4X so here's hoping.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Terran Confederacy

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Stellarses.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Cause it's poo poo.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

Cause it's poo poo.

much like your post

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The Terran Confederacy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

idgaf i'm pumped to have a space mapgame that's not poo poo

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I have faith.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I have faith that this game will be at least as good as Sengoku.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i dont care

i just want hoi4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/europa-universalis-iv/?tap_s=2681-3a6e75&tap_a=1964-996bbb Eu4 for $6.40 with coupon code GMGSAV-E20GMG-SAVE20