Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Zeris posted:

Counterpoint: Kiowas.

Kiowa pilots are the annoying friend we all had in middle school who just had to lie and tell the worst stories about what he did after school, and ignored everyone's failure to take him seriously.

I have never seen an army sub-community more in denial at their lack of ability to contribute to the wars in Iraq/Aghanistan. Even chemical officers are resigned to their fate as the USR bitch (or whatever that spreadsheet pain-orgy was called). Field artillery becomes infantry or intel. MPs become detainee abuse SMEs.

But kiowa pilots, no, they put on their stetsons, fire their 9mils out the window and splooge a whooping 8 rockets and/or 300 rounds of .50cal poorly aimed by grease-pencil reticle drawn on their windshield interior (I am not making this up), assuming they haven't already gone bingo fuel thanks to hauling a franksteined-airframe with CMWS and useless FLIR, nearly doubled in weight in unironic yet unintentional homage to the Pentagon Wars, only to come back to base with their erection in one hand and a dip bottle in the other bragging to me about how they killed "about" 15 Talibans and "probably saved" the ground guys (actually, not implausible once 3rd BCT 25th ID rotated in).

And, like all actually good ideas, (army-wide multicam, etc.) Kiowas are only now being phased out of existence, to be replaced by more apaches.

poo poo man, I loved the Kiowas we had in Iraq. We rarely got drone coverage so most of the time the only way we could know what was going on around us was the Kiowas. Those guys always showed up when we had contact and were excellent at tracking poo poo and even just hanging around while we patrolled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

bitcoin bastard posted:

Are hangars filled with multiple multi-million dollar planes ever abandoned to the point where a sentry couldn't pull a fire handle?

Yes. We routinely operate Army aircraft (Well, they're DD1149'd to us) out of small private (and uncontrolled) airfields. There aren't "sentries" in the first place, there's probably a security guard at night once the offices shut down, but unless there's night-shift maintenance going on those hangars are locked and dark. The deluge system was required to be installed because otherwise the Army won't let us keep their aircraft in the hangar if it has fuel in it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

RichieHimself posted:

poo poo man, I loved the Kiowas we had in Iraq. We rarely got drone coverage so most of the time the only way we could know what was going on around us was the Kiowas. Those guys always showed up when we had contact and were excellent at tracking poo poo and even just hanging around while we patrolled.

That's interesting, and maybe explains why everyone was so excited to "contribute" in Afghanistan. I never witnessed their utility in (nor did I go to) Iraq. But it makes sense that they could do more on flat terrain, without the power concerns of flying at 7000'+ MSL and having to travel 60km+ just to reach their ground POC, etc.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

The best gay pride photo.

I love the Vark.

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHeSC_Ws5Ic

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Hunter S Thompson is my spirit animal.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

Shim is my spirit animal.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Col. Gathers is mine

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
i'm trans LGM-30G Minuteman III or RNEP depending on mood. please refer to me as either little boy or fat man

tia

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKkr9Q4llMc

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

mgs v dogge DLC looking good

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Yeah, that's about right for the people you meet at Indiantown Gap.

I hope that place burns down.

At least they fixed up the barracks in recent years.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Scratch Monkey posted:

At least they fixed up the barracks in recent years.

Barely. There are still a lot of in-use shitholes there.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Wedding photography class?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Genocide Tendency posted:

:boom:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

noice

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

:chanpop:

Took me a minute

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I'm dumb, that took me four hours to get.

Tbf to myself I just kept thinking about how silly it is that the U.S. Air Force contracted out to a Russian plane sperg developer to make their a-10 trainer.

Mike-o fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 10, 2015

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
I think its some air national guard unit actually.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Individual units don't establish their own training materials and that thing doesn't count as a sim for currency or pipeline training. They're either loving around, or that's a very early intro to something or other in the pipeline.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
So in other words it's "training" like the "training" my company had playing the military version of ArmA "learning" how to conduct convoy operations but ended up being a team killing free for all with our CO yelling in the background.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lemme show yall somethin about Force Projection

*walk over and turns on projector*

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio posted:

Individual units don't establish their own training materials and that thing doesn't count as a sim for currency or pipeline training. They're either loving around, or that's a very early intro to something or other in the pipeline.

It's the RPA version of whatever that thing is that UPT students go through out at Pueblo where they fly around in little Cirrus's or whatever the gently caress for a couple of weeks with old retiree instructors (IFS I think, I can't remember what it's called for the RPA pipeline). It's down at Randolph and every RPA pipeline 18X'er goes through it for a couple weeks before heading to the FTU at Holloman.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Chinatown posted:

lemme show yall somethin about Force Projection

*walk over and turns on projector*

*sits down backwards on a chair, AC Slater style*

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's actually ANG A-10 pilots.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYYFhCuRJyw
actual USMC training software.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holy poo poo i heard about those back in the day and looked for months to get the wads but never did

poo poo i bet they're online somewhere now

also love the wolfenstein sprites in there

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

:golfclap: ...goddamn. :golfclap:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Are you guys saying... I can play video games if I join the military???

:captainpop:

And get PAID for it??

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/630117316479614980/pu/vid/1280x720/NABeOKonN3mBh9Ti.mp4

Clip of Trump from the debate.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Needs him imagining Megyn Kelly in GQ:

Keppi
Jan 13, 2010
There's probably been loads of Robin Williams's stand up clips posted from when he was doing gigs for the troops, but this was new to me and cracked me up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cheP56UP3oI

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
On August 7, 1955, Tex Johnston flew a Boeing 707 prototype over Lake Washington and executed two barrel rolls in one of the company's first commercial jets.

http://bcove.me/eht5tdrp

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

:perfect:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4dhYpPLcVM

The tanks keep rollin, rollin, rollin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

So, if you're limited to watching one youtube in August boys, this is the one.

• Locked thread