Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

"“There’s no clear frontrunner,” says former House Newt Gingrich, a 2012 contender who briefly considered becoming Candidate 18 this spring before deciding the financial challenges were too great."

Noooooo Newt, you can still do it!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Alter Ego posted:

We have tried. And tried. We spent the entirety of the last 50 years coddling shitheads and altering public policy so they wouldn't get their feelings hurt. Shitheads are the reason we didn't get a Civil Rights Act until 1964.

And now there are shitheads running Congress, and when Obama attempted to engage them in civil discussion they spat on him and called him a fascist.

I'm done with coddling shitheads. When they're ready to listen, we'll talk, but being unwilling to listen is what makes them shitheads.

You don't even know what you are talking about, honestly.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Mirthless posted:

I think the fact that they invited Bernie God drat Sanders to speak at their university is proof enough that maybe things have been overstated about the conservative regime there. If they were as opposed to liberalism are you think they are they wouldn't have invited the most liberal presidential candidate in years to speak.

They invited Ted Kennedy in 1983. He accepted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTqePZLlv10

Whether they do it as a joke, or as some legitimate sense of cultural exchange, or whatever, I don't know - but they've been sending out invites for a long time. Hillary Clinton's campaign didn't reply.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i wholly endorse treating kids born into nutjob families with scorn and seething hate, their ancestors didnt listen and for that they must toil in the mines

Us not Them, Us not Them!

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

We have tried. And tried. We spent the entirety of the last 50 years coddling shitheads and altering public policy so they wouldn't get their feelings hurt. Shitheads are the reason we didn't get a Civil Rights Act until 1964.

And now there are shitheads running Congress, and when Obama attempted to engage them in civil discussion they spat on him and called him a fascist.

I'm done with coddling shitheads. When they're ready to listen, we'll talk, but being unwilling to listen is what makes them shitheads.

Things will get better in high school

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Chris Christie posted:

Twas the day of debate, when all throughout Cleveland,
Conservatives knew, it was time to get even.
The establishment practiced and prepped with great care,
In the fear that The Donald soon would be there.

The masses were nestled all snug in their seats,
Waiting to witness the establishments' defeat.
And moderators at their desk, and candidates on stage,
Bracing themselves for Ol' St. Trump's rage.

When out on the street there arose such a clatter,
They sprang from the Q to see what was the matter.
Into the streets they flew like a flash,
Knowing that soon there would be a great clash.

The moon shined on the breast of the Cuyahoga River,
And Walker and Bush began to quiver,
At the sight their wondering eyes had just seen,
A Sikorsky S-76, luxurious and pristine.

With a gold plated logo, and plush leather interior,
All knew in a moment Mr. Trump was superior.
The candidates all bowed their heads in shame,
As St. Trump descended, and called them by name!

"Now Walker! now, Bush! now, Marco and Rand!
You've let rapists and murderers into our land!
On our southern border, I'll build a great wall!
And I'll make the Mexicans pay for it all!"

"Oh look, it's JEB!, the establishments' choice,
They claim he'll provide a reasonable voice.
But JEB! hired his brother's foreign policy hacks,
Who started that stupid war in Iraq!"

"And Scott Walker is here, with his terrible hair!
Against me this loser hasn't a prayer!
He bowed, he groveled, and begged both the Kochs,
He's a shill, a stooge, the ultimate joke!"

"And there's Mike Huckabee, a modern day theocrat,
He raised taxes in Arkansas like some kind of Democrat!
Look, it's Chris Christie, how could you miss him?
We could solve world hunger if we let the Africans eat him!"

"Marco Rubio, they say, is the great Latin hope,
but if you ask me, he's kind of a dope.
Ben Carson I'll admit, is one fine class act,
Have I mentioned how much I love all the blacks?"

"Like father, like son, Rand Paul is a quack!
John Kasich is a Lehman Brother's Wall-Street hack!
About Ted Cruz, I won't say a bad thing,
He's the only one here smart enough to kiss the ring."

"I see that loser Lindsey Graham isn't here,
who the hell would vote for that closeted queer?
I see that Rick Perry is absent too,
That mouth-breathing retard couldn't add 2 and 2."

Humbled, the candidates spoke not a word,
With tears in their eyes, the sobs in their throats could be heard.
Donald ran his hand through his magnificent comb-over,
Knowing their campaigns were toast, it was over.

He sprang to his chopper, to the crowd he waved good-bye,
And away he flew into the night sky.
But they heard him exclaim, as he soared higher and higher,
"Let's make America Great Again!!! Obama you're fired!!!"

whoa everybody stop what you're doing and read this

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Democratic Party debate schedule:

October 13 in Nevada on CNN
November 14 in Des Moines, IA on CBS with the DMR
December 19 in Manchester, NH on ABC with WMUR
January 17 in Charleston, SC on NBC with CBC

The two remaining debates will be in Florida and Wisconsin in February and March.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

TheDisreputableDog posted:

It's okay to use slurs about gay people as long as they're republican.

It was a fictional quote by a republican to a republican written by a republican. Could you drop the persecution complex for 15 minutes?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

The two remaining debates will be in Florida and Wisconsin in February and March.

I hope they won't be as boring as the Democratic Party debates on the Something Awful Forums.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
There is also a requirement that participants in the Democratic debates poll at least 1% or higher in three national polls.

Could be trouble for Lincoln Chafee :ohdear:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pat Buchanan spoke at my convocation and we were a very liberal school, and it was basically him jerking himself off for an hour and shouting down one student who dared question his stance on the Iraq War (this was 10 years ago)

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Joementum posted:

I don't like this, there should be more.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Miltank posted:

I don't like this, there should be more.

Agreed.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Mirthless posted:

I think the fact that they invited Bernie God drat Sanders to speak at their university is proof enough that maybe things have been overstated about the conservative regime there. If they were as opposed to liberalism are you think they are they wouldn't have invited the most liberal presidential candidate in years to speak.

No, it really isn't proof of anything until they publicly revoke their "Liberty Way" rulebook that punishes being raped almost as harshly as they punish raping someone.

my bony fealty posted:

Democrats might be more open to speaking at Liberty if the college hadn't banned the College Democrats from campus

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/22/AR2009052200793.html

free speech :haw:

Yeah, exactly.

Neurolimal posted:

i wholly endorse treating kids born into nutjob families with scorn and seething hate, their ancestors didnt listen and for that they must toil in the mines

Us not Them, Us not Them!

It's funny how you think pointing out the kids are being controlled by what is essentially an abusive school means we hate the kids. You see the problem is that even if they were all totally converted to his words after the speech, it would be punishable for them to do anything about it in any sort of public way.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Bernie Sanders is speaking to Liberty University students because he hates women!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Chris Christie posted:

"Bush . . . went on to describe the publicity seeking real estate developer [Trump] . . . as 'a buffoon,' 'clown' and 'rear end in a top hat.'"

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/08/gop-2016-debate-jeb-bush-donald-trump-121076.html#ixzz3i2yGcye5

YESSSSSSSSSS

hahaha they release this right before the debates. perfect, perfect

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

"Mr. Trump, Bush called you an rear end in a top hat. Are you gonna let him get away with that?" - megan kelly at tonights debate, in a world this perfect

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

The Swastika is a 6000 year old sacred and auspicious symbol and remains in use to this day in Hinduism and Buddhism.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
The attorney general should change her racist last name.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 days!)

Schnorkles posted:

This is a pretty excellent post that I would just empty quote if I could.
It's so good, I wanna empty-quote the empty-quote praising it.

So, um, that whole voters turning on Trump for trashing POWs hasn't been reflected in the polls yet, or...?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's funny how you think pointing out the kids are being controlled by what is essentially an abusive school means we hate the kids. You see the problem is that even if they were all totally converted to his words after the speech, it would be punishable for them to do anything about it in any sort of public way.

i agree, we shouldnt reach out to the kids and encourage the next POTUS speaking to them, their lives and minds are forfeit because they ended up in a lovely school that they have no control over

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Miltank posted:

The attorney general should change her racist last name.

Coercing a woman into changing her name?? You sick patriarchal gently caress.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bernie Sanders spoke at a rally today in front of the MLK memorial to mark the 50th anniversary of the VRA and announced two new bills he's filed: one to make election day a federal holiday and another to automatically register all people to vote when they turn 18.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Just lol @ this thread falling into the identity politics trap the bourgeoisie set up

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I don't think saying that he could have worded that a bit better is calling him a secret racist people, come on.

Flipping out over not mentioning race in a loving two paragraph press release saying "I will be speaking here at this time" is stupid as gently caress.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Bernie Sanders spoke at a rally today in front of the MLK memorial to mark the 50th anniversary of the VRA and announced two new bills he's filed: one to make election day a federal holiday and another to automatically register all people to vote when they turn 18.

#nofilter

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Typical Bernie Sanders- dodging the topic of racism with his so-called 'policy.' His problems with messaging are simply compounding on top of each other as he announces these bills in front of a monument to a known adulterer.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I bet the debate is gonna be a big let down because of how much hype we gave it :\

I just can't see this.

Limited time to make an impact, literally inside the Fox news bubble, with this lineup?

I mean I'm not in this thread all day but I'm hyped as gently caress and I would be even without goddamn donald trump up there.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

It's loving disgusting that election day isn't already a holiday.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Joementum posted:

There is also a requirement that participants in the Democratic debates poll at least 1% or higher in three national polls.

Could be trouble for Lincoln Chafee :ohdear:

Depends on if it's metric or imperial %.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Neurolimal posted:

i agree, we shouldnt reach out to the kids and encourage the next POTUS speaking to them, their lives and minds are forfeit because they ended up in a lovely school that they have no control over

Hillary Clinton isn't speaking there, but anyway yes their personal freedoms are in fact forfeit as long as they're n that school, because the school is basically a fascist's dream. You're not allowed to be out of step with the official ideology at all while you're there. And we're not the ones who made it that way, it's the school itself that does that.

The only way you can regain your personal freedom if you're currently there is to graduate or accept dropping out and hope to god you can scrounge up the cash to go to a real university.

Ignite Memories posted:

It's loving disgusting that election day isn't already a holiday.

You don't seem to be aware of this but there is nothing about a holiday that means companies can't force their employees to work.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

This is cool

They still in business?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Malloreon posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

The Swastika is a 6000 year old sacred and auspicious symbol and remains in use to this day in Hinduism and Buddhism.

Isn't this common knowledge?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvONR3AnZYs

Short version of the Pre-Debate Rituals video, for those who just don't have the time.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Mirthless posted:

"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

You don't seem to be aware of this but there is nothing about a holiday that means companies can't force their employees to work.

Might as well not pass any voter's rights regulations ever, agrees U.S. Senate.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Joementum posted:

Yes but how does this keep black people from getting shot by police? Bernie doesn't have black people's lives in mind #BlackLivesMatter

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Joementum posted:

the mlk monument split in half at the horror of having bernie "kkk" sanders speak there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Ignite Memories posted:

Might as well not pass any voter's rights regulations ever, agrees U.S. Senate.

My point is that mandating early voting for like a month or more is way more helpful towards people who are blocked from voting now, then a single hypothetical day off could ever be.The numbers don't lie, early voting always helps tons.

• Locked thread