Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a JSRPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

the fight with xord made that pretty obvious, at least to me. iirc it was right after that fight that I realized who metal face was. on the other hand, the main plot doesn't seem to assume that you've figured things out by then. so ya that's pretty funny

yeah i had too but it was really cool anyway, it's neat that the scenario designers were smart enough to go hey this character would know this, why not throw that info in as an easter egg even though the reveal doesn't happen until way later

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Speaking of non-big 3 (or w/e) JRPGs, Lufia II is fun. The IP system and the itemization are both good.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

CrookedB posted:

Speaking of non-big 3 (or w/e) JRPGs, Lufia II is fun. The IP system and the itemization are both good.

my lufia 2 cart is one of my most prized possessions. it's really good and one of my fav jrpgs

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

rediscover posted:

my lufia 2 cart is one of my most prized possessions. it's really good and one of my fav jrpgs

this, but also secret of mana

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fe is a jrpg in fact awakening is probably the most jrpg game ever made

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
drat ive been on a jrpg roll a music shop was selling bof4 for 25 bucks and its in really good condition O_O

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

hubris.height posted:

this, but also secret of mana

i have that too :grin:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i sold secret of mana for 60 bucks and bought a bottle of scotch

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

som is a terrible game to actually play

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

mysterious loyall X posted:

ive played it at many different ages and had fun every time

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

its terrible if you dont have friends hmmmmm

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it's still terrible to play with other ppl becasue you're playing a buggy pile of garbage with cool down on normal attacks that revolves around grinding up your spells and weapons and holding down the weapon button to charge it up

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

it's still terrible to play with other ppl becasue you're playing a buggy pile of garbage with cool down on normal attacks that revolves around grinding up your spells and weapons and holding down the weapon button to charge it up
if you have to grind in som my pity you

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the mana games have that weird hitstun on attacks and it's made me not want to play any of them past a few minutes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SD3 is a kick rear end coop game.

Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

SD3 is a kick rear end coop game.

its really good in general, i like it more than som

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played it once (solo) a long rear end time ago on Wii VC and it does that bullshit where you play a dungeon and then reach the boss and it killed me and there were 0 save points in the dungeon so I lost a half joe of progress so I quit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Half hour*

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Shin Megami Tensei 4 - $19.99 (August 10, permanent price reduction)

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

PleasingFungus posted:

fe is NOT a jrpg!!!!!!!!

Close enough.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

starbarry clock posted:

drat ive been on a jrpg roll a music shop was selling bof4 for 25 bucks and its in really good condition O_O

get it it's really good. bof kicks butt

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fungah! posted:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

elf help book posted:

Epic win.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tfw you realize we're never getting another bof that's not a loving mobile game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
same face that people were making when that new metroid game on the 3ds got announced

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Fungah! posted:

i got it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

swag

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

good call bro

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

I'm not going to buy this... because I did already.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm not going to buy this... because I did already.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

someday i'll finish smt iv and etrian iv. well, i probalby won't actually,

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

erian 4's main game's not bad but the postgame rules. just finished it a couple days ago

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ar Tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fungah! posted:

erian 4's main game's not bad but the postgame rules. just finished it a couple days ago

hm i'm trying to recall, i don't think i did any post game content. is it dlc, or actually in the game?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hubris.height posted:

hm i'm trying to recall, i don't think i did any post game content. is it dlc, or actually in the game?

it's in the game. bunch of extra bosses, a full new labyrinth that reuses the gimmicks of a bunch of earlier dungeons in interesting ways and adds a couple new ones with the final superboss at the bottom. mostly the dungeon's the cool thing but the number two postgame boss is a lot of fun too if you fight him legit (he can be instakilled so one strategy's to just max assassinate and then savescum until you oneshot him which is retrded as hell)

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the postgame also gives quests for the three roaming dragons, who i'm pretty sure are optional bosses in most or all of the etrian games. they're hard too, but not in a complicated way, they just have really big health and damage

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Ar Tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel

those games look insanely bad

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i havent seen a GUST game that hasnt looked like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis