Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Mike Huckabee
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Rand Paul
Chris Christie
John Kasich
View Results

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Brit Hume already trying to shittalk Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

Mo_Steel posted:

Trump did drat well considering how many questions were just attacks on him as a candidate rather than policy questions; it makes me wonder if asking him to outline his policy wouldn't have been a better avenue to try to discredit him, because attacks on his person just seem to slide off or blow up in their face.

I'm starting to develop a theory that Trump is actually fairly centrist in his politics and is bullshitting his way through the entire primary season

He couldn't find anything bad to say about single-payer?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mo_Steel posted:

Trump did drat well considering how many questions were just attacks on him as a candidate rather than policy questions; it makes me wonder if asking him to outline his policy wouldn't have been a better avenue to try to discredit him, because attacks on his person just seem to slide off or blow up in their face.

I think that was intentional. :tinfoil:

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Mo_Steel posted:

Carson seemed sleepy.

Also Kasich for Postmaster General 2016.

I find it insane he managed to get through this whole thing without being nailed down on any specific policy whatsoever. Except a big wall with a big beautiful door

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
like they were actively trying to kill trump on stage

FOOLISHY OF COURSE CAN'T STUMP THE TRUMP

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

does god speak through you

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
There was only one clear loser tonight and that was Jeb Bush. Trying to play straight man as a stuttering idiot on a stage full of morons didn't work out too well for him.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Josh Lyman posted:

Brit Hume already trying to shittalk Trump.

you created this monster Fox, own it

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

I could never drink enough to numb this pain.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Skeevy Mcgee posted:

I was concerned the debate couldn't possibly live up to my expectations. I needn't have worried.

Someone told me it would be a carnival show when they tried to convince me to watch. I was apprehensive, but clearly I had nothing to worry about.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jeb bush flamed out so hard tonight

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Fox is trying really hard to focus on anything but Trump

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

i was young in 2004, now i am old and this election is going to be rough on my liver and professional life if it keeps on like this.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Monkey Fracas posted:

was bush as pathetic for the rest of the stuff I didn't see

was the second weakest technical speaker after Rubio, who is really not ready for Primetime.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Alter Ego posted:

There was only one clear loser tonight and that was Jeb Bush. Trying to play straight man as a stuttering idiot on a stage full of morons didn't work out too well for him.

I've already forgotten everything he said, and I haven't been drinking

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Mo_Steel posted:

Carson seemed sleepy.

Also Kasich for Postmaster General 2016.

yeah Trumps loving lucky they didn't ask him any policy questions. That's his real achilles heel, not answering for the 1,000th time whether he's successful or not.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Trump for CEO of Trump America

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Is Jeb Bush dumber than George W Bush

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
Trump raising his hand was an ingenious by him. Getting the attention right off the bat.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

That was one of the most wildly entertaining things I've ever seen on TV.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Haha Trump refused to pledge support to the Republican nominee. I hadn't caught that.

Hail Trump

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:
like trump's abortion answer, clearly not focus grouped at all, just "i know a guy who was an unwatned baby and he's awesome"

if he wanted to flip-flop on that later, voters would find it totally reasonable. unlike everyone else beating the poo poo out of planned parenthood for the anger vote

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
seriously tho, trumps got persona. he was able to deflect that hand raise opener and flip it back on them.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand

Venom Snake posted:

like they were actively trying to kill trump on stage

FOOLISHY OF COURSE CAN'T STUMP THE TRUMP
The moderators clearly got direction from higher-ups to hit Trump. He was literally the only one who got them to ask follow-ups after dodges.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Trump will lose a little bit in the polls after this, but will play the victim role perfectly.

Walker could maybe overtake Bush.

Fiorina in, some face out.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Lol at Fox trying to trample Trump...

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Looking forward to hearing how Ted Cruz will persecute religious liberty though. :allears:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Sheikh Djibouti posted:

Haha Trump refused to pledge support to the Republican nominee. I hadn't caught that.

Hail Trump

He said he'd guarantee that he'd support the nominee if he's the nominee. So he's almost there.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
No, he said you guys don't like him. :rolleyes:

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand

Zelder posted:

Yes.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
im going to make Trump, the Power of Luxury, in Nobilis

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Zelder posted:

Absolutely.

Also, loving :lol::lol: at his :airquote: "reverence for life" when he has the highest death count in Florida since the Civil War.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

Looking forward to hearing how Ted Cruz will persecute religious liberty though. :allears:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Fish Cant Hold Gun posted:

Trump raising his hand was an ingenious by him. Getting the attention right off the bat.

he;s smart
a business man
a real entrepreneur

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Nagato posted:

lol why did the stream do this

Because 4chan

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

I think they were all asked real questions. None of them actually answered any of them, of course, but the questions from the moderators were actually pretty good.

yeah with the exceptions of a few softballs to walker they were pretty tough. they straight up asked rubio "so explain why you don't suck"

megyn kelly has some balls and was willing to be assertive and forceful on her questions.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Wow Brit Hume is loving delusional if he thinks Jeb Bush won that shitshow.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Brit Hume just call Trump a motherfucker. You know you want to.

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

I liked Megan Kelly's question to Kasich about accepting medicaid expansion, basically was "Republicans love God but not when liking God means helping the poor because that means BIG GUBERNMENT"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
Bret and Kelly sound like the two muppets in the balcony who shittalk the show.

• Locked thread