Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Sorry it's just gonna be a flashback episode of Mama Sunakawa's adventures in Hawaii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It is called "My Mom," but that doesn't really mean much, My Christmas was about Kurihara.

Kurihara's cool by the way. I like him.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Motto posted:

This joke will never be funny.

Fine. Have a gif of Yamato sneaking a kiss with Takeo.

And Takeo going on with his birthday not realizing Yamato had kissed him.

And Yamato in despair.

And then Takeo kissing Yamato for reals.

:kimchi:

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 7, 2015

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I liked that they sang Happy Birthday, given the recent news.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yamatos's English was so cute.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The entire episode was cute. Well, Suna's traumatic memory aside.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fangz posted:

I liked that they sang Happy Birthday, given the recent news.

What, did the happy birthday people finally lose their lich-like deathgrip on the rights to that song

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Yeah I was wondering about that, if this episode gets yanked from Crunchyroll for legal reasons we'll know why.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Captain Invictus posted:

What, did the happy birthday people finally lose their lich-like deathgrip on the rights to that song

Not yet, but it's starting to look that way.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/07/filmmakers-fighting-happy-birthday-copyright-find-their-smoking-gun/

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yamatos's English was so cute.

There's an irony in this statement, given that the same voice actress got so much poo poo for her English as the character Five in Terror in Resonance.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've watch the new episode now, it was good and I'm glad it didn't take a million chapters for them to kiss.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Yeah, looking at that it seems pretty conclusive that the copyright is going to go away in the very near future. It suits me just fine, when the vast majority of the country is singing it on birthdays and has been for close to a century that seems like a very public domain song, looks like they're just finding the proper evidence of that now. I'd fight it in their shoes too though, it's hard to give up $2 million a year for doing next to nothing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok I started watching this again and I can't remember why I stopped. I am watching the episode where they go to the Beach, it's good poo poo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:yeah:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm Yamato when Takeo takes his shirt off.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

I'm Yamato when Takeo takes his shirt off.

Aren't we all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The faces really are amazing in this show. Glad I've got a chunk to marathon today.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Takeo, to Suna (Episode 13): You could try smiling...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what episode corresponds to chapter 12 of the manga, thats where i stopped reading in anticipation of the anime

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Davincie posted:

what episode corresponds to chapter 12 of the manga, thats where i stopped reading in anticipation of the anime

Episode 14

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Davincie posted:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Hannah Ayoubi, a Nickelodeon storyboard artist, has done some Ore Monogatari fanart.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Haha those are cute. Takeo's parents :xd:

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Gender matters not, Suna is the best.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love Takeo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
We all love Takeo.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
If only Mizutama Honey Boy could be that good (It's still good, though).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's good when the main guy isn't solving problems by pretending to be gay, which happens like every chapter for a bit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

These are perfect and fit so well

My Love Story transcends gender

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Looking at those just reminds me of all the rad moments we've had so far, time to watch Takeo throw a girder around again.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
There was no way I was going to watch this show, you understand, romantic anime is complete and total bullshit.

I already know the plot. Guy likes girl, they take fifteen thousand episodes to resolve that hey, maybe that time we accidentally brushed hands in the second episode was kind of pivotal, perhaps we should think about starting a conversation where we explore the socio-political ramifications of the two of us agreeing that our feelings are somehow involved here.

Then the show actually happened and holy poo poo... HOLY poo poo.

Holy poo poo.

I can't loving stop gushing about how amazing and wonderful and fantastic this show is. I've never, EVER, ever identified with the main character in anime until now.

Granted, Takeo is far more awesome than I was in high school, but that whole dynamic of being the giant guy with the pretty-boy best friend was spot on. Being the eternal cheerleader to your friend's relationships was spot on. Doing all sorts of helpful poo poo while your friend gets the credit was spot on.

The only thing I'm not liking is that this is only getting 24 episodes.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The show could get a second season that's just this and everything else is basically the same all over again and I would happily watch it every week. Takeo-chan's parents :allears:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

vibratingsheep posted:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No!!! I Think you're cool!!!

The Colonel