Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Otacon posted:

donald trumps first day in office:

this post is brought to you by carls jr

what plants crave!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Being President will be Trumps final form. All those times he's started a project, spent the money, then declared bankruptcy... this time he can just print more money and keep moving.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

NutritiousSnack posted:

I think he misunderestimates Trumps chances with the "2%" thing. Like he still is a shot in the dark, but unlike the rest of the fringe candidates he has zero loving shame.

FTFY.

I'm with whichever chucklehead said during the debate that Trump is hedging his bets for a Clinton presidency.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Nuclearmonkee posted:

i don't think he can win the general election but he could sure as gently caress win the republican primary (unlikely yes, but possible)

I guess I have to remind people once again about how our election process works.

First off 80 percent of the electoral votes are known quantities. You can count them right now for blue or red. The votes that matter are swing state votes, and in those states, like all the others, there's going to a lot of homers who will vote team red or team blue every time. However, there there are also a few people who will vote based on their issues or whims. This percentage of a percentage of voters are the people who will actually decide who is president.

Who do you think this cadre of hick idiots are going to vote for over Trump? What candidate could possibly do better?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Commie NedFlanders posted:

He's been better this year, addressing prison reform, pardoning drug criminals, and opening up relations with Cuba

But yeah he's been a slightly more left wing version of Bush for most of his presidency.

Oh yeah the Cuba thing was good.

Overall a pretty lovely job for anyone who isn't an insurance company though.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

ThaGrandCow posted:

Being President will be Trumps final form. All those times he's started a project, spent the money, then declared bankruptcy... this time he can just print more money and keep moving.

Trump will make the 16 trillion dollar coin and put his face on it.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Majestic

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Can Trump win a general election? And, more importantly, if he does win, will he have the political clout to set up the conditions for the proles to revolt?

NigelsPoppet
Jul 22, 2015

Rutibex posted:

i think the most appealing aspect of Trump is when he calls everyone else a puppet to billionaires. he just goes "yeah you're all puppets, i gave all of you money and Hillery too, because thats what the rich people that actually run this country do" and they have nothing to respond with. i think thats his real "Trump card", people loved Obama for saying that stuff, but in the end Obama was just a sell out too. Trump is his own man, he's not bought, hes the one that does the buying

Trump is the only candidate not beholden to any special interest group or billionaire

So much loving THIS

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

Bill got a taste of that, yeah?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Herman Cain remains my favorite right wing guy, because he seems like a real dude and he's funny as hell. Now that Cosby has been exposed as a rape monger, Cain should become America's new Black Dad. Trump should be relegated to the role of uncle who gets too fershnikit on holiday wine and shouts so hard at his mom that everyone gets together to throw him into the front yard and he spends a bunch of time sitting there in the snow calling everyone "bimbos" or something, then he tries to stumble to his Audi and your dad has to go get him and make him sleep it off in the tub.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
His son all just standing there taking the tantrum in, blank gaze saying so much more than words ever could.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I'm starting to get used to President Trump. The fear has left me.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Windows 98 posted:

Spider-Man for president

But he's one of those hyphenated Americans I keep hearing about

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

RaceBannon posted:

I'm starting to get used to President Trump. The fear has left me.

Accelerationism is good

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

People keep saying accelerationism is bad but I don't see any prooves

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Mugsbaloney posted:

Some people consider widespread political chaos to be unfun and not good.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Trump seems the least likely to drag us into another war in the middle east. Unironically. It costs too much and doesn't yield public support (Bush already milked that cow) and Trump legitimately seems like the only candidate smart enough to realize this.

Because he's rich and he doesn't need to profit from war.

It always comes back to his wealth. Whoever called that his trump card was right. He is simply not beholden to external financiers and that alone makes him more palatable to me over any other republican.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Toadvine posted:

It always comes back to his wealth. Whoever called that his trump card was right. He is simply not beholden to external financiers and that alone makes him more palatable to me over any other republican.
yeah i can't see how a man who oozes greed could possibly be convinced to accept campaign money from the usual suspects

do you know how much money it takes to run a campaign? more than trump has in liquid assets by a large margin.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Shumagorath posted:

yeah i can't see how a man who oozes greed could possibly be convinced to accept campaign money from the usual suspects

do you know how much money it takes to run a campaign? more than trump has in liquid assets by a large margin.

all he has to do is generate tons of debt and have one of his 600 companies file for bankruptcy and he gets a clean slate, i thought everyone knew this by now

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Mugsbaloney posted:

AGREED. AS ECONOMIC DOWNTURN PRECEDING CIVIL WAR PRECEDING A TOTALITARIAN GOVERNMENT HAS ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD THING.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
did that corporate personhood decision mean that Trump Campaign Holdings LLC can actually be on the ballot now because if so you might be right

Shumagorath has issued a correction as of 01:06 on Aug 8, 2015

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Toadvine posted:

Trump seems the least likely to drag us into another war in the middle east. Unironically. It costs too much and doesn't yield public support (Bush already milked that cow) and Trump legitimately seems like the only candidate smart enough to realize this.

Rich people don't just go "Well I'm rich enough I don't need any more money".

Trump's always trying to make more money. He doesn't even hide that he will drive whatever he's responsible off a cliff so he can rife through its broken remains, pocket whatever's left, and will call it a success because he personally made out.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Unbreakable

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
why was there a 5pm debate and i guess a prime time debate? was the 5pm debate the jv team?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Windows 98 posted:

Unbreakable
that field is so terrible all the way to the top that trump doesn't even look so bad

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Madcosby posted:

why was there a 5pm debate and i guess a prime time debate? was the 5pm debate the jv team?

Yeah the prime time one was candidates the top of the polls

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Shumagorath posted:

did that corporate personhood decision mean that Trump Campaign Holdings LLC can actually be on the ballot now because if so you might be right

Not until it turns 35, unfortunately.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah the prime time one was candidates the top of the polls

the a-team included a wildly unqualified doctor and mike huckabee, who is transparently running to seal another book deal and tv show gig.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

if trump becomes president he will start a nuclear war with russia and/or china within two (2) years.

gently caress yeah bring it on

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

that field is so terrible all the way to the top that trump doesn't even look so bad

But Chuck Todd says it's the strongest republican field in 36 years :laffo:

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

no wonder his dad had a loving heart attack

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

poopzilla posted:

if trump becomes president he will start a nuclear war with russia and/or china within two (2) years.

gently caress yeah bring it on

China and Russia are run by terrible, evil, but sane people.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

NutritiousSnack posted:

China and Russia are run by terrible, evil, but sane people.

yea, and they gonna get they asses nuked off

idiot

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Tezzor posted:

i dont necessarily disagree with the analysis but nate silver shouldnt attach arbitrary numbers like that

analyze my dick

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Ramsus posted:

analyze my dick

sample size too small

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Otacon posted:

donald trumps first day in office:

this post is brought to you by carls jr

Books are for fags

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Toadvine posted:

hi you're wrong very very wrong in fact ok cya

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Trump's the kinda guy that would boast about our military strength and threaten to use it when foreign powers act against America's will. Then they'll push back and he'll try to use it

just an ego thing that will prob lead us into another war

Trump/Satan 16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a sort of sizzle reel of the best bits of the debate? I'm interested, but not 2 hrs + interested.

• Locked thread