Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Gems of War Talk:

Is there any reason to keep duplicate troops?

Other than Arena and Treasure Hunt is there anything of note to clearing the rest of the cities, or just a bunch of income?

Is there any way to boost Map/Key acquisition rates in-battle or are they just random drops?

Also, what info do I need to give you to drop my mediocre pubbie guild for sweet goony access?

Some team uses copies of the same troops. Mostly valkyrie 2x druid and 4x brian the lucky. But i just destroy them for their sweet souls.

Cities give you a small bonus on pvp if you fight on that map. And i think you get more daily tribute.

You get a map every cascade of 7 matches.

You need your invite name which is on your hero page and not be in a guild. But i don't know if there is room. Im in a public guild myself (#6 in the game!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Elemental Wings Talk:

Is it better to combine cards in hope of them returning an upgraded one, or wait till I collect 4/5 of a kind to evolve them for the guaranteed upgrade??

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Post your invite code which is found in the character menu. Gem boys has room for 4 or 5, so come on over.

Finishing all the quests in a kingdom also unlocks an Epic troop, and some of them are quite good! Its a good way to build a squad while you wait to get a Legendary or whatever from an iron key.

You get a map from a long combo, so its effectively random. Keys are just straight up random.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Along with Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasies 3 to 6 are also on sale this week, as well as Secret of Mana and Dragon Quest 8.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Gems of wars again. Go to settings and turn on detail help. Now you can actually see skill cost and few other really helpful basic information. I don't know why this is off by default.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Gems of war invite code: SCIPIOTIK

Neat Game so far.

Lenisto
Nov 1, 2012
Can I get in on Gem Boys too? My pubbie guild is pretty lackluster.

invite code is ALARIC_1

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Why not; sign me up for this sweet, sweet poopin' time match three action.

E: Cheers! When next I pinch one off, it will be dedicated to my goon brothers.
E2: Christ this 'pvp' thing is broken. Me, at level 14, get matched with ... level 80? Yeah, okay. Needs work!

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Aug 6, 2015

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

wall monitor posted:

Elemental Wings Talk:

Is it better to combine cards in hope of them returning an upgraded one, or wait till I collect 4/5 of a kind to evolve them for the guaranteed upgrade??

I'm not sure exactly but if you enjoy the specific elemental then wait for the copies to evolve, otherwise grind them up for a random.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Would love a Gem Boys invite for TUDABEE if there's room!

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

mrkillboy posted:

Along with Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasies 3 to 6 are also on sale this week, as well as Secret of Mana and Dragon Quest 8.

Do any of those work on Lollipop yet?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Mega Comrade posted:

The latest updates for the Final Fantasies are for Android TV support so I assume those games do.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Aug 6, 2015

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Mega Comrade posted:

Final Fantasy 1-6 and Secret of Mana all work, don't know about Tactics or any Dragon Quest games beyond 1 which does work.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Veib posted:

Final Fantasy 1-6 and Secret of Mana all work, don't know about Tactics or any Dragon Quest games beyond 1 which does work.

Really? FF6 description claims it still doesn't support Art.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Adventure Time game you've all been waiting for, rhythm game Rockstars of Ooo is out on the Play Store.

edit: jokes aside, here's some video of the gameplay since the trailer on the page isn't working for me at least. It seems to have a Rhythm Heaven kind of vibe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3uIyx7o2qI

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Aug 6, 2015

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
how is the port of secret of mana?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Mega Comrade posted:

I played it from start to finish on a Nexus 5 running 5.1 (or maybe even 5.1.1 by that point, I'm not sure) a few months ago. They don't appear to update the descriptions very often, Chrono Trigger said it was updated to work on "the latest version of Android" for like six months after it stopped working on Lollipop (it has since been patched and now works as well).

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Veib posted:

I played it from start to finish on a Nexus 5 running 5.1 (or maybe even 5.1.1 by that point, I'm not sure) a few months ago. They don't appear to update the descriptions very often, Chrono Trigger said it was updated to work on "the latest version of Android" for like six months after it stopped working on Lollipop (it has since been patched and now works as well).

I really wish google would implement some kind of icon that shows version compatibility, one for controller support would be neat to while they are at it. Of course that would mean attempting to make the store not garbage, something google seems to have no intention of doing.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Mega Comrade posted:

I just bought it and played it this morning on my Note 4. Seems to work

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Pls send GEM BOYZ invite to TOSHIMO.

Robutt tax:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Never not double post about Gem Boyz.

I just hit 50 gems last night. Should I buy the +50% soul armor or keep saving for a 100 gem armor?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

I just hit 50 gems last night. Should I buy the +50% soul armor or keep saving for a 100 gem armor?

I'd say keep going. The guild's been supplying me with 5-10 a day.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Anyone have an opinion on that Zero Punctuation game?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Toshimo posted:

Do you have any of the 50 gem armors? The +50% gold is actually pretty great for quality of life when you are first getting started.

That said, with the rate we are churning out gems I regret buying a 100 gem armor.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Antifreeze Head posted:

Anyone have an opinion on that Zero Punctuation game?

It's stupid but fun. You can check it in your browser.
http://hatfall.escapistmagazine.com/

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Bandire posted:

Do you have any of the 50 gem armors? The +50% gold is actually pretty great for quality of life when you are first getting started.

That said, with the rate we are churning out gems I regret buying a 100 gem armor.

I don't have any armor, but I'm pretty much drowning in gold since I'm running a Valk/Tyri lineup for doing all the basic quests so I get 105 bonus gold/fight.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Toshimo posted:

I don't have any armor, but I'm pretty much drowning in gold since I'm running a Valk/Tyri lineup for doing all the basic quests so I get 105 bonus gold/fight.

If you've got no armor yet, I'd go ahead and buy one of the 50 gem ones. I think the 100 gem tier is pretty skipable.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bandire posted:

If you've got no armor yet, I'd go ahead and buy one of the 50 gem ones. I think the 100 gem tier is pretty skipable.

Hell i think im gonna skip the 250 armor. I already got a level 15 team and 50% gold armor.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Gold doesn't do anything (e: once you have enough to play arena) if you're newish and in a good guild, other than to plug into the guild. Once you get 2 cards as good as Goblin all you want is Souls. Also, please go post in the ADTRW thread like the rest of the gacha-game degenerates, which I'm not anymore, on account of having ragequit b/c I got released from Gem boys even though I was contributing ~1600gpd qqqqqq

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Gold doesn't do anything (e: once you have enough to play arena) if you're newish and in a good guild, other than to plug into the guild. Once you get 2 cards as good as Goblin all you want is Souls. Also, please go post in the ADTRW thread like the rest of the gacha-game degenerates, which I'm not anymore, on account of having ragequit b/c I got released from Gem boys even though I was contributing ~1600gpd qqqqqq

:stare:

(We will assuredly have openings at intervals from booting inactives if you'll want back in.)

Gold is useful later on for the obvious reason of pumping it into guild tasks for low-effort gems, keys and maps. I'm about 50 away from either pirate or spider armor and am trying to decide which. Souls bonuses are nice but when my main team is all lvl 15 they're not my highest priority.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Gold is useful later on for the obvious reason of pumping it into guild tasks for low-effort gems, keys and maps. I'm about 50 away from either pirate or spider armor and am trying to decide which. Souls bonuses are nice but when my main team is all lvl 15 they're not my highest priority.

Yeah when the entire guild is pumping gold into task they get done very quickly. I get about 15 diamond a day from my guild.

And my primary use of souls is to level up kingdoms right now. Like I said earlier I think I have one of the best team so it is hard to change things.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Ubisoft's cutesy Robin Hood RPG/village builder Little Raiders: Robin's Revenge has quietly poppd up on the Play Store about a year after its iOS release.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

MPLS to NOLA posted:

I removed people based solely on activity, and only if you haven't logged in for over 14 days. If you got kicked you can always ask to come back.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Gems of War chat:

I've been progressing slowly to say the least but I finally managed to put together a team with some decent synergy and finished off Whitehelm. I've also cleared Adana and Broken Spire. Which way should I head next? I have 0 gems and about 6600 gold.

Also, now that I'm playing regularly, if Gem Boys has room, invite code is my SA name.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
We made a small game. Mobile gaming is fascinating, and we wanted to take part in it. What better way to dive right in?

Chess Hack is now on beta in Google Play. Beta version is ad free and has all the achievements available. It's still missing some buttons on the main screen but other than that, it's a complete experience. Join the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.kakku.chesshack

Chess Hack is a combination of chess and roguelike dungeon crawling. Get to the bottom of dungeon and capture the opponents king to win. There's three game modes which play quite differently, and going for achievements can change the experience rather significantly.

We used Unity to build the game. It let us create a web version (which unfortunately ceased to work on Chrome) and get preliminary feedback. It also made testing easier. We went for an early prototype to see if the game was fun at all. I was responsible for setting the level paratemers. While I think the core concept was solid, I accidentally made the game much too hard. Now it should be pretty well balanced for a fun experience on each difficulty level and game type. The early feedback made us add a couple navigational helps.

For graphics and sound we wanted a clear, consistent style. For the next project this part needs to be planned out much more clearly. Even simple 2d takes a lot of time if you want it to look halfway decent. UI worked surprisingly well for a touch device, even on a smaller phone screen. Pinch zooming helps quite a bit.

I'd be happy to answer questions about developing the game. You're also welcome to follow us on Facebook; we're about to start the next game project soon. And of course all feedback is welcome.

Bonus screenshot:

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

mrkillboy posted:

Ubisoft's cutesy Robin Hood RPG/village builder Little Raiders: Robin's Revenge has quietly poppd up on the Play Store about a year after its iOS release.

Thanks for mentioning this, its pretty fun!

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

So does Gems of War have some hidden cap on guild tasks that give gems? We've gone about 8 tasks now without getting one that rewards gems. That seems pretty unlucky if it's just random.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

vulturesrow posted:

Gems of War chat:

I've been progressing slowly to say the least but I finally managed to put together a team with some decent synergy and finished off Whitehelm. I've also cleared Adana and Broken Spire. Which way should I head next? I have 0 gems and about 6600 gold.

Also, now that I'm playing regularly, if Gem Boys has room, invite code is my SA name.

Have you tried Arena yet? It's your ticket to infinite gold/souls/trophies. You should be able to get 8 wins every time.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
The new update for Alphabear is pretty good. They've added challenge levels which are loving hard (the chapter 3 challenge needs 56850 for a gold egg), around 20 new bears, and they've tuned the difficulty some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

vulturesrow posted:

Gems of War chat:

If you are not in a guild, get in a guild ASAP.

Arena is the primary source for souls. Pvp is the primary source of glory and gold. The story line stuff is honestly unimportant unless you want the epic. And challenges are just stupid, boring and useless.

Edit: also go to settings and turn on detailed help. It lets you see the cost of each unit/weapon skill on the card and during battle lets you know how much you have collected so far.