Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
If you're adding something to a launcher or similar program, rather than adding the app, you can go to the "shortcuts" (has stuff like quick message) and there's an Awful shortcut that opens straight to the bookmarks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

You may have already realized this, but it took me a few weeks to swipe ← on the front page. It brings you to bookmarks.

I love your av so much.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Getting a bunch of random crashes on an LG Leon LTE.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Keep getting log outs errors every time I post.

Edit: except this time.

(Galaxy s5)

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

nm posted:

Keep getting log outs errors every time I post.

Edit: except this time.

(Galaxy s5)

I'm seeing similar behaviour on my Note 4

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've been meaning to say this, I've been using the bookmarks shortcut for ages and it never works right. It will open my bookmarks page, but instead of refreshing, I get a "Loading Failed" message. Every time. This is across multiple devices, from KK to L.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I uploaded a possible fix to beta like 20min before your post, so fingers crossed.

I'd appreciate feedback if it's working on this one, my dear beta testers.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I never could reliably reproduce the Loading Failed bug, despite seeing it all the time, but I've tried a few different things and haven't seen it since the new beta version

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sereri posted:

I uploaded a possible fix to beta like 20min before your post, so fingers crossed.

I'd appreciate feedback if it's working on this one, my dear beta testers.

:woop: Working well so far!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Just updated and tried reproducing the bug (which was quite reliable previously), and no bug! Looks like it's squashed, thanks!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
for the Not Logged In popup in the beta :shrug:

gonna try clearing app data now, see if I get the error after that

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
nope, got it again

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Hey all, just posting here because I have an error I can't seem to fix. Whenever I open the app I get "Network error: Too many redirects: 21, check your network connection and try again." I've restarted my phone, reinstalled the app, and tried connecting on multiple wifi networks and 4g but I always get this error immediately. It's been going on for a couple of weeks now. Has this been brought up and solved before? Thanks.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Nonexistence posted:

Hey all, just posting here because I have an error I can't seem to fix. Whenever I open the app I get "Network error: Too many redirects: 21, check your network connection and try again." I've restarted my phone, reinstalled the app, and tried connecting on multiple wifi networks and 4g but I always get this error immediately. It's been going on for a couple of weeks now. Has this been brought up and solved before? Thanks.

Try logging out or clearing the app data.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nonexistence posted:

:nsa:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Hi, I like this app. Thanks.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Been having a problem recently in which attempting to change forums via the forums list (e.g. moving to IYG after reading threads in Games) will only take me back to the previous forum I was just on and there will just be a blank space where the threadlist should be. Refreshing doesn't do anything and bookmarks can't be accessed either. I have to close the application and open it again to resume normal operation. Using a Sony Xperia Z3C.

Thanks for all the work on this app, it's been really useful!

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010
I just got the "loading failed" message, but I was able to go to my bookmarks despite the message.

Thanks for your work.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'm still not getting the "loading failed" message after the recent beta update, so that's good. However, image attachments are still broken. Is there anything I can do to help, as a budding (read: terrible) Android developer?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
I've noticed the pics thread in YOSPOS often makes the app unresponsive to the point where I get a prompt to close it. Is this a known problem maybe with threads with a lot of images? This is on a Nexus 5.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

The Merkinman posted:

I've noticed the pics thread in YOSPOS often makes the app unresponsive to the point where I get a prompt to close it. Is this a known problem maybe with threads with a lot of images? This is on a Nexus 5.

There's an option to disable inline image loading. Images will only load when you get to that part of the thread instead of loading them all in at once.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
I've got a weird problem, after a bit of browsing the thread view will lock. I can navigate forums and bookmarks fine but any thread I click will just display the last thread I looked at before the bug hit, but it will still mark the page as read and show the correct page count for the thread I clicked, rather than the thread I see.

edit: forgot to mention I am on a Droid 4 running 4.1.2

Saraiguma fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Aug 15, 2015

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Anyone else having a bug where pages just aren't loading? Case in point, just went to check in this thread to see if others had already reported it and it happened to me.

Edit: ok, person above me has the same issue.

LG Optimus F3 on 4.1.2

Workaround right now is to force stop the app

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 15, 2015

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Kilonum posted:

Anyone else having a bug where pages just aren't loading? Case in point, just went to check in this thread to see if others had already reported it and it happened to me.

Edit: ok, person above me has the same issue.

LG Optimus F3 on 4.1.2

Workaround right now is to force stop the app

Yep, same issue here. Had it for at least a month now. Sony Xperia M if that helps.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Are you both on the latest version? And the blue loading bar only appears when it starts receiving data from the website - does that ever appear?

hooah posted:

I'm still not getting the "loading failed" message after the recent beta update, so that's good. However, image attachments are still broken. Is there anything I can do to help, as a budding (read: terrible) Android developer?

There's ye olde github if you want to fork it and experiment with it. There's a lot to take in but if you have any questions, somebody may have answers! Best thing to do is dive in really

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 16, 2015

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

baka kaba posted:

Are you both on the latest version?

I am on the latest version available through Play Store.

baka kaba posted:

And the blue loading bar only appears when it starts receiving data from the website - does that ever appear?
Yes, every time this happens.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Kilonum posted:

I am on the latest version available through Play Store.
Yes, every time this happens.

Same to both

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Does the blue bar stick at a certain point (25/50/75%) or does it go all the way?

And do you notice any pattern to when it happens? In a certain forum, opening a new thread, going to the next page, after looking at an image-heavy thread, anything like that?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Always goes full, and no discernible pattern.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Kilonum posted:

Always goes full, and no discernible pattern.

Yep, same here

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
Code tags seem to screw up swiping, it often goes wrong for me after reading the Coding Horrors thread in COC. Fixes itself after dis/re-enabling it in the options. HTC One V.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
How do you mean? You do know that you have to kind of scroll up or down a bit, then sideways, right? It's not very intuitive, unfortunately, but I at least can't think of any better solution.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
I'll upload a screenshot when I get home. It sticks mid-transition as the swipe doesn't have any momentum (is that the right term?) to it.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

hooah posted:

How do you mean? You do know that you have to kind of scroll up or down a bit, then sideways, right? It's not very intuitive, unfortunately, but I at least can't think of any better solution.

I honestly find CoC kinda unreadable because of this behavior. I wish I could just disable all the things swiping does other than scrolling text left/right, as I never purposely do any navigation with it.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
It'll come to rest here, for instance, and is reluctant to move further. Android version 4.0.3.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yeah I've noticed a sticking thing too - you should be able to unstick it by swiping outside of the code tags slightly (or in the space at the right, if it's stuck a lot)

It's an awkward situation - personally I'm more interested in being able to set a smaller font for things like code tags, so you don't have to scroll much at all, but... let's just say things are a bit intertwined as it is

Prenton posted:

It'll come to rest here, for instance, and is reluctant to move further. Android version 4.0.3.

Weird that your text has escaped there. Can't you swipe over 'lesson learned' to move it all back?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

baka kaba posted:

Does the blue bar stick at a certain point (25/50/75%) or does it go all the way?

And do you notice any pattern to when it happens? In a certain forum, opening a new thread, going to the next page, after looking at an image-heavy thread, anything like that?

There's something going on with memory management in the new version, I think. I'm on a Galaxy S2, and it keeps hanging on pages I've read instead of clearing them and displaying posts from the next thread I open. I even have to close the app and purge the phone's RAM to get it to open a fresh thread properly. Just for a clear example; I'll open Thread 1 in my bookmarks and all is well. When I open Thread 2 it'll act like it's opened it, list Thread 2's header, but the posts will be from Thread 1.

It also won't let me tap "show XX earlier posts".

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Out of interest, can y'all try going to Device and Navigation in the settings, setting Page Transitions to Default/Disabled (whatever the top one is), then close and restart the app?

That's anyone getting blank pages where you can still click things, content that's inconsistently updated, that kind of thing. See if it works any better

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

baka kaba posted:

Out of interest, can y'all try going to Device and Navigation in the settings, setting Page Transitions to Default/Disabled (whatever the top one is), then close and restart the app?

That's anyone getting blank pages where you can still click things, content that's inconsistently updated, that kind of thing. See if it works any better

I see a "page transformations" button but that says it's not available on my version of android

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saraiguma posted:

I see a "page transformations" button but that says it's not available on my version of android

Ditto for me. Android Version is 4.1.2.