Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair wicked doesn't lack empathy, she is just a sadist who understands its not okay to be one.

No, I actually don't have (affective) empathy, but am also a sadist as well. :shrug:

Content! Saint of Killers, how do you feel about nukes?

Well said. Preacher, can't remember the exact number. The real badass thing here isn't the acomplishment for the Saint, it's putting into perspective that the normal human cast has to deal with him.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

No, I actually don't have (affective) empathy, but am also a sadist as well. :shrug:

2edgy4me

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Look man, you don't have to like Wickedhate, but it's kinda lovely to act like someone's disorders are a choice.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If that is what I have done then I apologise. The tedious "why aren't more people psyched about bad people being tortured to death" gimmick (et al.) evidently led me to draw the wrong conclusions.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

TwoPair posted:

Huh. Might have to try reading this now. I distinctly remember reading Omega Men 1 and hating it but this looks good.

What is the context here?

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

TwoPair posted:

Huh. Might have to try reading this now. I distinctly remember reading Omega Men 1 and hating it but this looks good.

It's good stuff! The second issue really pushed this series into a must buy for me.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Having a disorder isn't an excuse to be a dick.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Certainly not, but it can explain things like not understanding why people are disturbed by one's stated enthusiasm for violent retribution.

E:VVV Depending on the disorder, and its severity, it could be very difficult or even impossible to ever understand. However, it would be unfair to make such assumptions about the poster in question.

haitfais fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Aug 9, 2015

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chaos Hippy posted:

Certainly not, but it can explain things like not understanding why people are disturbed by one's stated enthusiasm for violent retribution.

That excuses it once, not enough to gain a reputation for it

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Who cares, why are you having this discussion in the badass panels thread

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Stop being prejudiced against people in favor of torture and extra judicial murder for revenge. I don't need someone telling me I can't shove bamboo spikes under someone's toenails because they did something bad.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I know a lot of people see Supes as being smug here, but he's totally sincere. He's like '66 Batman, all the time. Him and Nightwing need to be full time partners.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It would rule if we could not talk about WickedHate's dumb teenage attitude in every single thread in BSS

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I've always liked the Cup O' Noodles joke here.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

It would rule if we could not talk about WickedHate's dumb teenage attitude in every single thread in BSS

Agreed, unless the thread is Power Rangers recruitment.

JLA #89

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

That panel would be so much better if the guard wasn't drawn with crazy eyes and wasn't reaching for his gun.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

WickedHate posted:

Agreed, unless the thread is Power Rangers recruitment.

JLA #89

Possibly the most badass thing in this thread.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Chaos Hippy posted:

Imagining some crazy rear end North Korean propaganda in the DCU showing them all saved by Kim Jong Il on a super powered minibike now

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Travis343 posted:

For real how does this keep being a topic? Please move past, and heal

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Chaos Hippy posted:

Where's the post where someone calculated how fast Flash was running and how many Gs each person experienced? I recall it being something like 5c or 15 c.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Yeah but SPEED FORCE

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Uthor posted:

Where's the post where someone calculated how fast Flash was running and how many Gs each person experienced? I recall it being something like 5c or 15 c.

I only remember that according to the breakdown the Flash was moving a lot faster than the speed of light.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

AnonSpore posted:

I only remember that according to the breakdown the Flash was moving a lot faster than the speed of light.

A 70 mile round-trip, about half a million times, in something less than a microsecond. By a quick calculation, that's something on the order of 94 million c, and probably higher considering just how quick that actually was and how many trips he actually had to take. (Also, he definitely had to move faster than the speed of light, otherwise he'd still lose a lot of people to radiation)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

darthbob88 posted:

A 70 mile round-trip, about half a million times, in something less than a microsecond. By a quick calculation, that's something on the order of 94 million c, and probably higher considering just how quick that actually was and how many trips he actually had to take. (Also, he definitely had to move faster than the speed of light, otherwise he'd still lose a lot of people to radiation)

Given the proximity of the mushroom cloud, he's still going to lose all the people to radiation.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

Given the proximity of the mushroom cloud, he's still going to lose all the people to radiation.

Given the smoke coming off him, he's going to lose himself to radiation.

I'm just going to assume Captain Atom was nearby to absorb all the radiation and save everyone from the residual effects.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
So wait, he was close enough to react to a nuke going off, but not enough to prevent the bomb at all?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Johnny Aztec posted:

So wait, he was close enough to react to a nuke going off, but not enough to prevent the bomb at all?

Flash can't fly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Moving at that speed I'd expect him to just push the atom back together.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Light is not that fast. It would travel all of 300 metres in a microsecond. He was going an absurdly large multiple of lightspeed.

Depending on how low "low yield" is, those people might get away with only being blind if they're looking at the explosion.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

goatface posted:

Light is not that fast. It would travel all of 300 metres in a microsecond. He was going an absurdly large multiple of lightspeed.

Depending on how low "low yield" is, those people might get away with only being blind if they're looking at the explosion.

A mushroom cloud that big doesn't really say " Low Yield" to me.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

It seems to me like if you're the guy making the flash comic, and you make a plot point of exactly how fast the flash accomplishes something and how he's moving just barely under the speed of light, that maybe you should take the time to figure out how long it would take light to make that trip?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Writer tries to portray Flash's speed as badass, ends up looking dumb.

Film at 11.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

The badass part is the guy running headlong into a nuclear event just for the hope of saving a life.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

mind the walrus posted:

Writer tries to portray Flash's speed as badass, ends up looking dumb.

Film at 11.

Nerds overanalyze made up comic-book bullshit, suck all the fun out of everything.

No film at 11 because this isn't news

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Given how easy it is to fly across the universe in comic books, I'm just going to assume they raised the speed of light at some point.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Travis343 posted:

Nerds overanalyze made up comic-book bullshit, suck all the fun out of everything.

No, all I want is everything in my funnybooks to make complete scientific sense while still simultaneously being fun, lighthearted, and cool. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK SIR :goonsay:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
If he going faster than light, how he not beat atomic flash of light???

Answer: he felt bad for the bomb so he took along some of the light particles with him for dramatic effect :smuggo:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Chaos Hippy posted:

Cabbit posted:

The badass part is the guy running headlong into a nuclear event just for the hope of saving a life.

Yes! Saving and helping people is just as cool as any fight. Since I posted the best Flash moment, I will now post the best Superman moment:

All Star Superman #10

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cabbit posted:

Then post most of the death-defying stunts almost every superhero in almost every comic has ever done. I'm a huge fan of that Joe Kelly run but that moment is straight-up boilerplate.

Travis343 posted:

TwoPair posted:

No, all I want is everything in my funnybooks to make complete scientific sense while still simultaneously being fun, lighthearted, and cool. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK SIR :goonsay:

lol k.

WickedHate posted:

Yes! Saving and helping people is just as cool as any fight. Since I posted the best Flash moment, I will now post the best Superman moment:

All Star Superman #10

You couldn't even be arsed to post the full page? It took me less than 60 seconds to google using a term as generic as "All-Star Superman."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I've always liked the Cup O' Noodles joke here.

I don't see it?