Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

RC Cola posted:

We take noted douchebag Mike Ribeiro. Internet is down my bad

noted douchebag mike ribeiro was drafted like 5 rounds ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

stab posted:

noted douchebag mike ribeiro was drafted like 5 rounds ago

Well then I'll pick tomorrow when I can get to a laptop to check the spreadsheet

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
eh, i think hes still a top 4 guy

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

well technetium's time ran from 8-10 so i guess drunk canuck will be up at 10am tomorrow? idk how that would work

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I wish you guys didn't take everyone I was planning on taking all the time so I'm going to take goal scoring machine Jason Zucker and force him to play right wing because he said he liked playing right wing.

Aye Doc posted:

well technetium's time ran from 8-10 so i guess drunk canuck will be up at 10am tomorrow? idk how that would work

owned

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

H-R notes a negative relative CORSI and Fenwick, which is way down from his prior years, and considering he only had four goals, I'd say he's declining.

He's only 30. Off years happen

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ginette Reno posted:

Jason Garrison - good steadying vet for my blue line. I'm quite amazed he was still there. I thought he was long gone.

Marchand-Malkin
Hoffman-Galchenyuk
Nichuskin

Garrison-Letang
Petry-Dumba

Schneider

There it is. I came very very close to taking him over Savard, but I already had three lefties.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

VJeff posted:

There it is. I came very very close to taking him over Savard, but I already had three lefties.

Doesn't Garrison mostly play the right, or is he just forced to do it because he can?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
So I picked Nikita Zadorov, D, 20, $1.74m through 2017, formerly of the Colorado Avalanche, formerly of the Buffalo Sabres...

Zadorov's just this kid, you know? The Sabres traded him largely because he id some dumb kid poo poo, like be late a bunch to team things and stuff. And one time he missed his flight or something and the team suspended him. So off he went to the Avs, and instead Buffalo went after classy, rule-following, respectful dudes like Evander Kane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSVoY0rjHdo
<Disrespect!>

Anyway, his teenagerism aside, this kid is way talented. And he's 6'5 like 230 he's a loving beast. He played seven games in the NHL as a barely 19 year old last season, and just turned 20 this past April, having notched 60 games this time around. People talk about Ristolainen, but the two were each others' primary partners this season by a good margin, and (a) they had the same p/g scoring rates; (b) Zadorov had a higher ES p/g rate; fancy stats suggest that Zadorov was the more effective possession player of the two, and had a greater impact on Ristolainen than vice versa. Zadorov is also younger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOh9sficG7k
<Discourtesy!>

And aside from being arguably the best fancy stat d-man on a lovely team trying its hardest to tank like hell, Zadorov can hit like a truck. No doubt he'll find a sympathetic father figure in known straight-laced rule-follower Patrick Roy, and stop worrying about getting up on time and more about lighting some fools up and scoring some loving goals. I'll pair him with one of my right handed dudes, like Niskanen or Barrie or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Pg8fNzdUY
<High bodies hit/60 rating!>

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

eXXon posted:

Doesn't Garrison mostly play the right, or is he just forced to do it because he can?

Wiki says left, so I just assumed that's what he does. Although in retospect, I remember him playing righty to Campbell on the Panthers, so, poo poo, I dunno.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
garrison had a short time where his off-side was causing him trouble but at this point id say he can play both sides

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Late night picks woo

Los Angeles Kings select LW Kevin Fiala

He's a young gun on the cusp of NHL consistent performance, with a bright future in tow. He's a perfect slot on the 2nd line to gain experience and points with ease.

starsfan is up

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Florida Panthers select D Justin Braun.

I had a choice here between two almost identical players from a statistical profile perspective to fill out my top 4, I took the guy that I also ended up taking in each of my previous two go arounds :). Braun plays the tough-minutes role on San Jose with his much more talented d-partner Vlasic, so there's always going to be some concern that Braun is being helped along.. and probably to some extent he is. What his performance over the last few years does how however is that he can play 1st pairing minutes against top competition and come out of it pretty well provided he has the right system and players around him. I think that my top 4 defense that I've selected can (and have) all handled that role, so Braun will fit in well no matter what the combinations turn out to be at the end of the day.

Ladd - Seguin - Killorn
Niederreiter - Scheifele - Coyle

Josi - Hamonic
Dillon - Braun

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Technetium posted:

I wish you guys didn't take everyone I was planning on taking all the time so I'm going to take goal scoring machine Jason Zucker and force him to play right wing because he said he liked playing right wing.

owned

fucker

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

lazerwolf is our next picker man but he won't be on the clock until 10

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 10, 2015

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Minnesota Wild take Riley Sheahan. Center depth with an attractive price tag.
Benn - Krejci - Okposo
Parise - Kesler - Vrbata
X - Sheahan - X
X - X - X

Suter - Ekholm
Campbell - X
X - X

X
X

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Verviticus is the next man up

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

By my clock it's 12:01 EDT, so St. Louis goes ahead and select LW/birthday boy Tanner Pearson. His present? Getting to play with Connor McDavid!

Ain't Got Them St. Louis Birthday Blues

C. Kreider - M. Koivu - G. Nyquist
T. Pearson - C. McDavid - A. Burakovsky

M. Vlasic - K. Shattenkirk
B. McNabb - ?????

S. Mason

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 10, 2015

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

whoa verv missed his pick??? no way!!!

jordan7hm is a reliable steady picker at least and he's up

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Time to take some centers.

The Sens take Victor Rask. He just came off a strong rookie season with Carolina, playing decent possession hockey and putting up some points despite a horrific on-ice shooting percentage. He's a natural center who probably isn't ready for my second line just yet, but I think he will be soon enough.

Boedker - Tavares - Eberle
Bailey - ? - Silfverberg
Rask

Methot - Klefbom
EJohnson

Lundqvist

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Still can't check the spread sheet is Elliot open?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

RC Cola posted:

Still can't check the spread sheet is Elliot open?

he is, and i'll fill him in for you on the spreadsheet

JoelJoel is up

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

No with a Z

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Technetium posted:

No with a Z

fuckerz

Although in hindsight, I think I kinda like Pearson a bit more, so thanks.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Infidel Castro posted:

fuckerz

Although in hindsight, I think I kinda like Pearson a bit more, so thanks.

Yeah Zucker's possession numbers/assist numbers aren't special but he can shoot the puck and he's only 22 so I'm hoping he rounds out a bit more.

edit: Fun Fact: i was looking at some ~spreadsheets~ and was happy to note that the center that played the most games over the past two years without putting up a point playing 5v5 was former Leafs Alum Jerred Smithson with 18 games played at 7+ minutes a night. Chris Mueller was second with 16 games at 9 minutes a night. Make it the last three and one Darrel Powe played 43 games at 7 minutes a night and didn't register a point.

Technetium fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 10, 2015

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

joeljoel has missed his 2 hour window so Stickarts is up

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Aye Doc posted:

joeljoel has missed his 2 hour window so Stickarts is up

you are doing god's work

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Technetium posted:

you are doing god's work

the only way i'm gonna get any of the players i want is if everyone in front of me gets double skipped this round so i am all over this poo poo

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'll take Nikolay Kulemin

proven winger, got some gas left, and should do well next year provided he isn't pushed down the islanders depth chart too far.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I guess my list was missed because it was sent to tofes but I'll take Curtis Lazar and Trevor Daley

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

THE MACHO MAN is up for his 2 picks

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
I got a computer actually give me a min to get straight.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

The Rangers select Marco Scandella and Simon Depres

Vanek-Crosby-Dano
Hayes-Kadri-Kucherov
xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx
xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx

Fowler-Depres
Scandela-Spurgeron
xxxxxx-xxxxxx

Holtby

Although both are lefties, the Rangers feel that these were the two best defensemen left on the board. Solid fancy stats, good top 4 players who can put up 25+ points and have room to improve. Furthermore, drafting these two gives the Rangers two pairs that actually exist (and are good) in real life, giving the defense some extra flexibility.

THE MACHO MAN fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 10, 2015

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

stickarts is skipped, JoelJoel's turn

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

I guess my list was missed because it was sent to tofes but I'll take Curtis Lazar and Trevor Daley

tofes is hiking and Aye Doc(?) got his list but apparently he forgot to send yours as well. :v:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

THE MACHO MAN posted:

The Rangers select Marco Scandella and Simon Depres

Vanek-Crosby-Dano
Hayes-Kadri-Kucherov
xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx
xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx

Fowler-Depres
Scandela-Spurgeron
xxxxxx-xxxxxx

Holtby

Although both are lefties, the Rangers feel that these were the two best defensemen left on the board. Solid fancy stats, good top 4 players who can put up 25+ points and have room to improve. Furthermore, drafting these two gives the Rangers two pairs that actually exist (and are good) in real life, giving the defense some extra flexibility.

I think Scandella is a great pick, he was actually on my short list for each of the last 3 selections I've made but I kept on passing him over feeling he'd be around.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

tofes is hiking and Aye Doc(?) got his list but apparently he forgot to send yours as well. :v:

Eh it happens. I would've missed out on Girgensons who I really wanted anyways so it's no biggie

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Skip, Skip, Skipadelphia
Skip, Skip, Skipadelphia

Jordan7hm can pick at his leisure

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Starsfan posted:

I think Scandella is a great pick, he was actually on my short list for each of the last 3 selections I've made but I kept on passing him over feeling he'd be around.

Agreed, I should have taken him with my last pick because after reviewing the remaining (left) defensemen there are far fewer qualities guys on board than forwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Starsfan posted:

yea I was kind of amazed both were still around tbh, esp Scandella. Depres is probably more of a fringe top 4 for player right now, but Scandella is a legit good top 4 dman (this pretty much describes all of Minny's dman really). I don't know that he'll ever reach top pairing play but he's a rock solid top 4 who can play both ways and he's got his deal at $4m x 4 already. That's a good hit for that type of player. And like I said I really like that those picks give me two defense pairings that actually work in real life, or I could go Fowler-Spurgeron and Depres-Scandella if I wanted one offense and one defensive pairing.

Depres is RFA after this season but I think he gets a much smaller deal that most of my other RFAs. Getting a team friendly deal on Scandella gives me some more leeway on cap to chase down a good and overpaid vet for my 3rd.

THE MACHO MAN fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 11, 2015

• Locked thread