Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
BTW, does anyone know how good/bad Stella Glow is going to be when it releases here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

BTW, does anyone know how good/bad Stella Glow is going to be when it releases here?

Just reading the character descriptions killed any interest I had in the game...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Pureauthor posted:

I haven't played it but people seem to like it well enough - it doesn't sound amazing or anything but imageepoch had been releasing garbage for quite a while so it's nice to see they were able to pull something good out of the bad before they died. It's not all that dissimilar to the Luminous Arc games they used to make, I guess, so it'll probably fill that same "fine but not amazing SRPG" niche.

I've not heard/read anything good about the new Langrisser game, incidentally, but people were always gonna hate that game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i took some old ps3 games into CEX over the weekend and managed to get Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, a new yoshi faceplate and majoras mask for £20. feeling pretty pleased by this :>

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
There is a little tiny bit of Japanese Stella Glow game play video around. I was interested in it until I saw that the battle system looks a lot like FF: Tactics. So if that's your thing you might be fine, the question is is it $50 fine? Yeesh.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

VideoGames posted:

i took some old ps3 games into CEX over the weekend and managed to get Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, a new yoshi faceplate and majoras mask for £20. feeling pretty pleased by this :>

Please keep everyone posted on your journey through Termina, it's my favorite Zelda and I'm curious to what someone going in blind will make of such a moody game :v:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Please keep everyone posted on your journey through Termina, it's my favorite Zelda and I'm curious to what someone going in blind will make of such a moody game :v:

I sure will! It seemed like too much of a good deal to pass up. I traded in some really old games so it was nice to get some new good things for my 3Ds. once I complete a couple more PS3 games I might even trade in my PS3 and Vita for more Nintendo things.

I'll probably play some majora's mask this evening if I can stop pullingblox/crossing animals :>

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

VideoGames posted:

I sure will! It seemed like too much of a good deal to pass up. I traded in some really old games so it was nice to get some new good things for my 3Ds. once I complete a couple more PS3 games I might even trade in my PS3 and Vita for more Nintendo things.

I'll probably play some majora's mask this evening if I can stop pullingblox/crossing animals :>

You are never around when I want to give you exotic fruit and items.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

homeless snail posted:

Binding of Isaac is new only (and is even worse than BoI usually is).

boI works fine after the patch, and it wasn't unplayable before it.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I've not heard/read anything good about the new Langrisser game, incidentally, but people were always gonna hate that game.

It could be the most godly SRPG ever made with a story to make nations weep and I still wouldn't think about touching it. The in-battle character designs are the most atrocious thing I've ever seen. I don't have Noirastronaut's talent for ugly graphics metaphors so I hope he gets a chance to play it some day and properly capture in words how horrible that crap looks.

Edit: And the hilariously bad battle animations don't help at all.

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 11, 2015

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Isn't Langrisser one of those games full of anime sex children? I categorically won't play those and I feel good about that life decision.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Welp, Nintendo Europe just tweeted they just pulled Ironfall Invasion from the eShop.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Supercar Gautier posted:

Isn't Langrisser one of those games full of anime sex children? I categorically won't play those and I feel good about that life decision.

What

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Are you an anime sex child?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Supercar Gautier posted:

Anime Sex Children

5er
Jun 1, 2000

boom boom boom posted:

Anime Sex Children

Number one anime fan.
Also a pedophile.
Probably.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
What's up with huge boobs in anime

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Gosh, you'd think it would be relatively uncontroversial not to want to play a game with anime sex children in it. In most social circles this would be the default position, but here, boy howdy, everyone just snaps if you're not down with the ASC.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The hell does anime sex children even mean.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

Literal pedophilia poo poo core

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Great, now all the trolls with anime avatars have crawled out of their beds teeming with children to post.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I am pretty sure that Langrisser does not have anime sex children, but I am unable to confirm.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
just to be clear going forward, by anime sex children, he probably meant the 14 year old girls in anime with huge boobs and always wearing bikinis or some revealing armor that ironically doesn't function as armor

but what do i know, i just like splatoon

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Supercar Gautier posted:

Gosh, you'd think it would be relatively uncontroversial not to want to play a game with anime sex children in it. In most social circles this would be the default position, but here, boy howdy, everyone just snaps if you're not down with the ASC.

I gotta be honest, if I went up to any random person on the street and asked, "what is your position on Anime Sex Children?" I don't think they would immediately reply, "My default position is that I am opposed to Anime Sex Children"

I think they'd be confused.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

elf help book posted:

Great, now all the trolls with anime avatars have crawled out of their beds teeming with children to post.

Did you know Lightning is Motomu Toriyama's anime waifu?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Literal pedophilia poo poo core

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The Colonel posted:

I am pretty sure that Langrisser does not have anime sex children, but I am unable to confirm.

Click at your own risk. Possibly :nms:

It's one of those Vita games that for some reason ended up on the 3DS. There's not even a market for it because the Japanese 3DS target audience are kids who play Yokai Watch, ladies who play Animal Crossing, and dudes who MonHun, neither of which will buy it, so it's just confusing.

Strange Quark posted:

One guy words something dumbly, another pretends not to know what the former meant by acting even more dumb.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Saoshyant posted:

One guy words something dumbly, another pretends not to know what the former meant by acting even more dumb.

Sir, I'll have you know all my posts and ignorance are 100% genuine and unironic.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

It's one of those Vita games that for some reason ended up on the 3DS. There's not even a market for it because the Japanese 3DS target audience are kids who play Yokai Watch, ladies who play Animal Crossing, and dudes who MonHun, neither of which will buy it, so it's just confusing.
:psyduck: The DS and 3DS have and had plenty of these kinds of games too, they just stand out on the Vita more because that system has a dearth of other games and publishers don't have better options when it comes to localization. The DS had that weird real-time dating sim series, for example.

Motto fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 11, 2015

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Doki Doki Majou Shinpan predates the Vita by like 5 years, the DS is just as dirty as the Vita.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Saoshyant posted:

Modern Fire Emblem

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Motto posted:

:psyduck: The DS and 3DS have and had plenty of these kinds of games too

I'm not expert on this so feel free to chime in, but to the best of my knowledge there's no plenty of these kinds of game on the 3DS/DS. I can recall that DS Witch touchy thing that the media were outraged about five years ago or so and the original Seran Kagura (which went on to release most follow ups on the Vita). That's two.

The Colonel posted:

Modern Fire Emblem

Patting some dude on the chin or a lady dressed in maid uniform is not what I'd call majorly creepy. Though it was amusing to read Sakurai's reaction on a recent interview: "they turned Fire Emblem into Nintendogs??"

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 11, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Saoshyant posted:

Are you serious? There's like, a billion RPGs on the 3DS.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Saoshyant posted:

I'm not expert on this so feel free to chime in, but to the best of my knowledge there's no plenty of these kinds of game on the 3DS/DS. I can recall that DS Witch touchy thing that the media were outraged about five years ago or so and the original Seran Kagura (which went on to release most follow ups on the Vita). That's two.

Langrisser is a tactical RPG, you weirdo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The 3DS absolutely doesn't have games with young character in horrible outfits.

On an unrelated note hey guys, how do I level up Nowi in Fire Emblem?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ImpAtom posted:

On an unrelated note hey guys, how do I level up Nowi in Fire Emblem?

Also the 14 year olds in Bravely Default, thank you.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I think there are also character designs in Etrian Odyssey people tend to raise a ruckus over

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

3DS has great modern classics like "If I Were In a Sealed Room With a Girl I'd Probably XXX".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btq-83N7IYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Lmfao