Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Groovelord Neato posted:

coulda sworn "castlevania" and "failed novelty open world japan simulator part iii" had nothing to dshow in their kickstarters.
to be fair the castlevania one was like two months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
And when it comes out it'll have maybe about half of the promised gameplay/features/length

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

BUTTERWORBS posted:

game looks g reat cant wait for the late 2013 release

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Groovelord Neato posted:

you'll find in fact that his posting is gold. Incan gold.

speaking of, is it too late to get this in the game? what kinda licensing fees would you be looking at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqgZFiUrVDY

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Groovelord Neato posted:

you'll find in fact that his posting is gold. Incan gold.

hahaha look how tiny that bottle is

anyways Gortarius' posts are even more artificial than the flavoring of this soda drink

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nessus posted:

to be fair the castlevania one was like two months ago

you should probably have some kind of gameplay footage if you're going to kickstarter and not just concept art and nostalgia.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I see a lot of people get legit mad in here about a game that is a sequel to a free one that was a parody of games and barely a game to start out with. The thing costs ten bucks, and if you're butthurt about how you spent ten bucks three years ago, then you should probably be more worried about how you're apparently a subsistence dirt farmer or something. Jesus christ, people. If I got so mad for every time I felt like I wasted ten bucks on something, I would have given myself an aneurism years ago. It's ten bucks. Who cares? Mellow the gently caress out, video game people.

But seriously, an update would be cool. No pressure, though.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Railing Kill posted:

Cheffy B. hasn't posted here since January.

What's the doughboy hiding? :tinfoil:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Fuschia tude posted:

Cheffy B. hasn't posted here since January.

What's the doughboy hiding? :tinfoil:
He yet lives... but perhaps he is afraid to post...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Railing Kill posted:

I see a lot of people get legit mad in here about a game that is a sequel to a free one that was a parody of games and barely a game to start out with. The thing costs ten bucks, and if you're butthurt about how you spent ten bucks three years ago, then you should probably be more worried about how you're apparently a subsistence dirt farmer or something. Jesus christ, people. If I got so mad for every time I felt like I wasted ten bucks on something, I would have given myself an aneurism years ago. It's ten bucks. Who cares? Mellow the gently caress out, video game people.

barkley 1 is the funniest game ever and the only good JRPG.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
ToG has a really good track record of making cool rear end poo poo. I have complete faith they'll release the game and it will own. Everyone who keeps saying it's not coming out unironically should go suck a big one. Also, Gortarius's posts are very entertaining in my humble honest fact, so shut the f****reak up or you might end up as a trunk pump dialogue :wth:!!

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

obstipator posted:

ToG has a really good track record of making cool rear end poo poo. I have complete faith they'll release the game and it will own. Everyone who keeps saying it's not coming out unironically should go suck a big one. Also, Gortarius's posts are very entertaining in my humble honest fact, so shut the f****reak up or you might end up as a trunk pump dialogue :wth:!!

Truth.

Groovelord Neato posted:

barkley 1 is the funniest game ever and the only good JRPG.

Also yes. When I said Barkley 1 was a "parody of games and barely a game to start out with," I meant that in the most loving way possible. No, I am not joking about that. It is one of the best JRPGs I've ever played.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
This thread is going to be in the game for sure. That's why I keep posting in it despite being awful at posting.

I'm also pretty sure Gortarius actually works on the game because he posts youtube videos of the game being worked on.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Khorne posted:

I'm also pretty sure Gortarius actually works on the game because he posts youtube videos of the game being worked on.
He's taking the "pretend to be a dev" backer reward to the next level by actually pretending to work on the game on youtube.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

aparmenideanmonad posted:

He's taking the "pretend to be a dev" backer reward to the next level by actually pretending to work on the game on youtube.

Or he's taking it to the next-next level by actually working on the game. But, like, "ironically."

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

But what if... This thread, is the real game?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Philip Rivers posted:

But what if... This thread, is the real game?

:psyboom:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I Payed :10bux: for Barkley and All I Got Was This Crappy Thread

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
what happened is they got enough funding to make the game way way way bigger than they first planned so even tho they hired another guy it's taking much longer than anticipated since they're still a very small team and want to maintain a high level of quality. the last update is an obvious indicator of that, where they finally finished the backend stuff after like 2.5 years and can now really work on content which is a very professional approach and p much the opposite of how indie games work.

if you want regular updates you should sub to frankie's streams, he's been doing barkley 2 stuff about every other week and plays it sometimes to test stuff. it's looking really good

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Its out guys restart Steam

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
delaying the game so it's finished and good is fine, it's just that if your main source of info about the game is laz's shitposts you get a bit fatigued after a while

bring some pitchforks to pax just in case though

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
you people don't deserve the promised update

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

owl milk posted:

what happened is they got enough funding to make the game way way way bigger than they first planned so even tho they hired another guy it's taking much longer than anticipated since they're still a very small team and want to maintain a high level of quality. the last update is an obvious indicator of that, where they finally finished the backend stuff after like 2.5 years and can now really work on content which is a very professional approach and p much the opposite of how indie games work.

if you want regular updates you should sub to frankie's streams, he's been doing barkley 2 stuff about every other week and plays it sometimes to test stuff. it's looking really good

Also $120k spread out over multiple people and three years is not a fulltime budget so these people have other jobs they need to work.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Well the ToGsters are hopefully big enough boys that they don't need us to make excuses on their behalf

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Hoopz Barkley Forever

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
hoopz! all barkleys

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

owl milk posted:

This is good......

Where's his stream? I am sorry that I am very incompetent.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
http://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Wow, this is good too.

thanks

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

HMS Boromir posted:

hoopz! all barkleys

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

tbh the only games I'm looking forward to are this and dark souls 3 man

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Holy hell, it's like a Gamefaqs style message board in here. Also,

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Gortarius should keep shitposting.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Weekend RPG looks really cool too. STFU with whining and let game men work.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
This game out yet?

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

SquadronROE posted:

This game out yet?

BUTTERWORBS posted:

game looks g reat cant wait for the late 2013 release

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

SquadronROE posted:

This game out yet?

The game in question (The Magical Realm of Tir na Nog - Escape From Necron 7: Revenge of Cuchulainn - The Official Game of the Movie: Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa) is NOT out yet. Will keep you posted on the release status.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Groovelord Neato posted:

tbh the only games I'm looking forward to are this and dark souls 3 man

I think I said exactly this, but with dark souls 2 like two years ago.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Huge Obamacare Fan posted:

I think I said exactly this, but with dark souls 2 like two years ago.

Same...

Chas McGill - september 2013 posted:

I'm only looking forward to two computer games - this, and Dark Souls 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
whoops wrong thread

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 13, 2015