Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I really like the Assault Phaser. Looks great, has unique sounds, comes with a few weapon mods, and supports plasma-based perks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

SpookyLizard posted:

Ill have to track down the link, but theres the Omegared plasma revolver every energy weapons playthrough needs. Its made out of a .357 revolver and a plasma pistol IIRC, and fires MFCs and ejects dead spent ones and inserts live ones and it loving owns.

You're talking about the M-2081 and yes indeed it loving owns
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40174/

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Psion posted:

whoa hey this is the thing the cryo revolver from project nevada is based off of

(i think it's project nevada that adds it? i don't even know anymore)

that gun owns too btw

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012
Wow that Laser revolver is a beauty. So is the Turbolaser. Those are defiantly going in. Man its been a long time since I last used EVE, hell I last used it in FO3. Man the new death effects are beauty, and the draw sounds are right up my alley.

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe

Which enbseries shaders are you using?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

EVE is a thing of beauty. Looks like I'm using Energy Weapons forever.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

The Sweetling posted:

Which enbseries shaders are you using?

onix w a buncha fuckaround tweaks
it looks real nice sometimes then it looks like total rear end a lot of the time too

for more energy weapon stuff:
AG supplementary uniques w/ all the dlc stuff has like two or three cool high end weapons and then a buncha fluff garbage
there's one specifically that i really enjoy using, it's just a super high ammunition usage tesla rifle that might as well be a lightning cannon

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Psion posted:

Yes, thank you. Especially with its singular weapon mod, its a loving beast a gun and rains green death like nobody's loving business. One of my favorite weapons ever.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I remember EVE used to cause huge instabilities and was bloated as gently caress and I avoided installing it for the longest time, the praise for it can only mean that all got changed then?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I remember EVE used to cause huge instabilities and was bloated as gently caress and I avoided installing it for the longest time, the praise for it can only mean that all got changed then?

Yeah I used to hate on it but it has been updated pretty consistently and I think it is pretty much essential if you're looking for hella rad weapons.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'm enjoying Tale Of Two Wastelands but annoyingly their forums are really vague on how to install or create FNV editions of certain Fallout 3 modules.

It's really simple as long as the mod is(doesn't use FOSE), but you'll need FNVEdit
https://taleoftwowastelands.com/sites/default/files/chucksteel/ttw_mod_conversion_guide_v1.2_0.pdf

Quick guide
-Get the conversion pack for FNVedit here: https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/fnv-edit-series-converting-fo3-mods
-Install it in your Edit Script folder
-Install the FO3 mod you want use doesn't matter how you install it just make sure it's installed properly.
-Open up FNVEdit select the mod you want to convert plus TTW and it's masters(both main games and their DLC except for the Courier's Stash pre-order stuff)
-After FNVEdit says it's finished it's startup right click on the FO3 mod and click Add Masters add everything TTW, NV, FO3, and their respective DLC
-Next click Sort Masters then expand the FO3 mod and check it's File Header and make sure it matches with TTW(It usually does, but it's nice to be sure.)
-Exit FNVEdit, save changes, and open it back up.
-Find the mod right-click and click Apply Script
-Click on the drop down menu and find TTW Conversion Script and click ok
-Wait for the Script to finish, save changes, and you're done!

You can also check for errors and make the mod consistent to whatever is in front of it, that's not in the guide I linked so I don't know if it's required, but I like to do it just to be safe.

Also you can convert mods that use FOSE it's just I have no idea how to do it and I can't find any guides.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Thanks for the basic starter guide. I might experiment with that really neat backpack mod for Fallout 3.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm trying to avoid EVE because I want to keep my active plugins below 100 and it I've heard that it is tricky as gently caress to get it to play nice with WMX and Project Nevada. Sure there's compatibility patches but then it's the order in which they need to be installed.

Regarding that Turbolaser weapon pack mentioned above: when you say it has star wars style lasers, do you mean that the beams have been replaced with actual laser projectile bolts?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Yes.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm trying to avoid EVE because I want to keep my active plugins below 100 and it I've heard that it is tricky as gently caress to get it to play nice with WMX and Project Nevada. Sure there's compatibility patches but then it's the order in which they need to be installed.

I run all three. It's not hard. PN first, WMX, then EVE. Compatibility patches after main ESPs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Uggggggh, I downloaded the FOV slider mod and now I can't go back to the default FOV, 90 is too good. But it also means that a bunch of weapons have clipping issues now, like the butt of the Gauss Rifle.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhqMcb0IBH4

At 1:30 the player flip cocks the lever-action shotgun. Any idea what mod does that? If there is one, might be custom just for the video.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

It might be one of the idle animation mods, like Gender Specific Cycling Idles or PCIDLES. I'm using one of those (can't remember which) that definitely has weapon-specific idle animations, but I never use shotguns.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhqMcb0IBH4

At 1:30 the player flip cocks the lever-action shotgun. Any idea what mod does that? If there is one, might be custom just for the video.

It's one of Hitman's animations, you can find it in his animation resource page on Nexus. I will take some credit for it though for being the one to suggest he do it :D

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
TTW has it's own set of patches, and most of the bigger, better mods have a solid guide to merge assets and keep the plugin count down and prevent poo poo from being wonky. I think they have their own version of that LODGen software, too.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Even with Fallout 4 on the horizon I still find myself bug testing this game every few days even with my mostly stable and comparatively small load order.

1. Veronica and ED-E somehow warping themselves to an area of the map I haven't even discovered and getting stuck yet drowning at the same time.

2. In the Silver Rush, Jean-Baptise spawns with a Project Nevada weapon which doesn't trigger the cutscenes properly and then the guards aggro me.

3. NPC's still finding ways to fall through the world and die.

4. Infinite spawning Cazadores. (I'm not even sure how this one happened, I just somehow managed to have ever single Cazadore spawn in the same area as me)

5. Several of the weapons from Project Nevada/WMX refusing to take mods despite saying that they can in GECK (Wattz Pistol and riot shotgun so far)

6. Jesus Christ Fallout Character Overhaul how is it half of your npc's look great but the others are clearly nothing but a half assed texture/mesh swap which doesn't even match the body and looks like the head got cut off at the forehead and neck? And your continuing eye bug.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
2: PN doesn't give Jean-Baptise a new weapon. Load up your loadorder with FNVEdit and see which mod messes with his equipment.
4: Are you sure you're not using some enemy-spawn mod with screwed up settings?
5: Most likely another mod is overriding those weapon entries. Load up your loadorder with FNVEdit and check.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Naky posted:

It's one of Hitman's animations, you can find it in his animation resource page on Nexus. I will take some credit for it though for being the one to suggest he do it :D

:tipshat:

Thank ye kindly!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Fereydun posted:

onix w a buncha fuckaround tweaks
it looks real nice sometimes then it looks like total rear end a lot of the time too

for more energy weapon stuff:
AG supplementary uniques w/ all the dlc stuff has like two or three cool high end weapons and then a buncha fluff garbage
there's one specifically that i really enjoy using, it's just a super high ammunition usage tesla rifle that might as well be a lightning cannon

The really cool thing about that one is that its firing sound is a thunderclap.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Almost finished with the game, yet again, but now something started to bug me. I'm missing some weapons in my Lombard Station weapon wall, and I don't know which ones. Please help. :sweatdrop:

Smol fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 12, 2015

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Raygereio posted:

2: PN doesn't give Jean-Baptise a new weapon. Load up your loadorder with FNVEdit and see which mod messes with his equipment.
4: Are you sure you're not using some enemy-spawn mod with screwed up settings?
5: Most likely another mod is overriding those weapon entries. Load up your loadorder with FNVEdit and check.

2. started a new game and reloaded and older save and it worked just fine, didn't even have to fix anything

4. I haven't used any esp which effects enemy spawn rate

5. I went on the nexus forums and it seems the conflict at least for the Wattz Laser Pistol was regarding Project Nevada - EVE ALL DLC.esp, which I am using FNVedit for right now. no idea yet on riot shotgun

edit: manually correcting conflicts

LEGO Genetics fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 12, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a mod that gets rid of that stupid metal bar across the bottom of the 12.7mm SMG?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Smol posted:

Almost finished with the game, yet again, but now something started to bug me. I'm missing some weapons in my Lombard Station weapon wall, and I don't know which ones. Please help. :sweatdrop:

While this is a pain in the rear end you can access the compatibility list from the weapon walls and check that against what weapons you have stored there.

Edit: Also I think you're missing the dog tag fist in the melee weapons.

Luminaflare fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 13, 2015

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
Is there a mod that removes the blur in VATS playback / kill moves? It's pretty minimal and looks decent if you're just watching from the intended perspective, but if you move the camera to try to get a different angle (via tfc 1) it goes completely nuts:

I was hoping the Blur Remover ESP that came with Onix ENB presets would do it, but alas, it does not.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So yeah not a fan of the FNV type of Super Mutants for the east coast Fallout 3 guys, they are huge sponges and pretty much costing me assload of ammo and health every time I fight like one of them. I've turned off the rebalancer option offered with Tale Of Two Wastelands but they are still pain in the asses to kill?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SeanBeansShako posted:

So yeah not a fan of the FNV type of Super Mutants for the east coast Fallout 3 guys, they are huge sponges and pretty much costing me assload of ammo and health every time I fight like one of them. I've turned off the rebalancer option offered with Tale Of Two Wastelands but they are still pain in the asses to kill?

Doesn't the rebalancer make the DC ones scaled like the original Fallout 3 Super Mutants?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yeah, I unloaded 300+ rounds from a light machine gun into some super mutant and ended up having to slowly whittle him down with a Chinese officer's sword to kill him. Thanks, TTW.

Also anybody know a good alternative to fast travel for TTW? I'll be damned if I'm gonna go through 8 subways to drop my stuff off at megaton.

vvv :bahgawd: vvv

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 14, 2015

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Yeah, I unloaded 300+ rounds from a light machine gun into some super mutant and ended up having to slowly whittle him down with a Chinese officer's sword to kill him. Thanks, TTW.

Also anybody know a good alternative to fast travel for TTW? I'll be damned if I'm gonna go through 8 subways to drop my stuff off at megaton.

I just use coc MegatonPlayerHouse

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Doesn't the rebalancer make the DC ones scaled like the original Fallout 3 Super Mutants?

I'm not really sure, checked or unchecked the terrible east coast Muties still take a small armoury to put down.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

It does the opposite and makes them even harder to kill.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Magmarashi posted:

I just use coc MegatonPlayerHouse

I'm pretty sure there's a few variables that are supposed to get set when you switch wastelands, and doing it via coc doesn't set those so things can get messed up.

fentan
Aug 3, 2012

Emy posted:

Is there a mod that removes the blur in VATS playback / kill moves? It's pretty minimal and looks decent if you're just watching from the intended perspective, but if you move the camera to try to get a different angle (via tfc 1) it goes completely nuts:

I was hoping the Blur Remover ESP that came with Onix ENB presets would do it, but alas, it does not.

I use this mod for that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lazy_Liberal posted:

vvv :bahgawd: vvv

What about this? It's a TTW compatible Mobile Truck Base from the OP.
https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/mobile-truck-base-travel-between-wastes#new

It requires Sortomatic and the load time fix update but the truck can now travel between both wastelands and the modder just updated it so you can find a map in the glovebox that allows you to travel to the Mojave and does the "Nine Years Later" thing letting you bypass the train, don't know if that will break things though.

If you decide to download it, you'll be interested in this because the truck is loud, really loud.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

fentan posted:

I use this mod for that.

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed to take combat screenshots that are clear enough to display my terrible anime hair mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

m2pt5 posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a few variables that are supposed to get set when you switch wastelands, and doing it via coc doesn't set those so things can get messed up.

Well, I coc right back to the Mojave so...