Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Give us all your money, please.

Edit: oh hey, this looks interesting!

Aleth fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
I just noticed, it says you can use the consoles from the time ships on it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The mongoloids in the forum are restless about "buh this the sci ship I always want, why u put in gamble box cryptic u suck."

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Aleth posted:

Give us all your money, please.

Edit: oh hey, this looks interesting!

I wonder who that is in cassandras avatar?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

hakimashou posted:

The mongoloids in the forum are restless about "buh this the sci ship I always want, why u put in gamble box cryptic u suck."

But how many bitching about not being able to hoard promo packs anymore?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Mondian posted:

But how many bitching about not being able to hoard promo packs anymore?

I don't think that's true.

They use the same weird rear end gibberish language in this blog as all the previous ones.

If, on the day, it's in an actual promo pack, odds are its going to stay a promo pack forever like it always has.

Unless you know something I don't, I think it's that same cryptic cryptic-ese gibberish they always post.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

They should make the convention promo codes like the ones in SWTOR, one code has so many uses, so you can share it with friends.

I want the EMH, though apparently hes just the the old EMH from the referral system with Robert Picardo's head.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

^^^ Supposedly this one is fully customizable, the old photonic science referral reward wasn't customizable at all. Haven't had a chance to confirm this yet tho.

hakimashou posted:

Unless you know something I don't, I think it's that same cryptic cryptic-ese gibberish they always post.

Nah, I know nothing. Just read the blog, guess I never paid close attention to the previous ones.

Mondian fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 11, 2015

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

hakimashou posted:

I wonder who that is in cassandras avatar?

https://www.facebook.com/gurlwithredhair

Her.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Mondian posted:

^^^ Supposedly this one is fully customizable, the old photonic science referral reward wasn't customizable at all. Haven't had a chance to confirm this yet tho.

You can change his uniform and his facial expressions, but he is locked to his Picardo head.

The KDF get an Orion female EMH. Romulans get what ever faction they're aligned with.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 11, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9498333-star-trek-online%3A-krenim-dreadnought-promo

Krenim Timeship is a DOFF pack reward.

We're probably going to fly it in this weeks episode. Though knowing how cryptic normally gears ships it won't be a good representation.
:laffo:

How much do you want to bet it's 5/3 with sensor analysis?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Asimo posted:

And it's still telling that a lot of years-old but minor bugs that were blatantly obvious in play (like the Ar'kif's singularity beam randomly cutting off for no reason) were only fixed once someone actively poked Bort or Geko on reddit about them.

Fixed? Maybe it happens a little less, but trust me, it's not fixed.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Fixed? Maybe it happens a little less, but trust me, it's not fixed.

Well... at least they were aware it actually was a problem, unlike the year or two before that. That's all you can hope for from Cryptic. :downs:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

No. No.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

This is why we can't have nice things.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

DancingShade posted:

This is why we can't have nice things.

No this is the revenue model supporting us getting nice things

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Like $60 spaceships. Hey, wait a minute...

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

No this is the revenue model supporting us getting nice things
All the many good things STO has to offer over the past year, such as:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

SKY COQ posted:

No this is the revenue model supporting us getting shat on

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Isn't this another Lina alt?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1200267/stripper-shoes

Launalady posted:

I was wondering if there are any shoes that look like stripper shoes. It is cannon that star trek has dancing girls, for example the girl's at quarks bar, and the many Orion girls who dance for males.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Yeah you beat me to it. Considering the context of the post I would assume as much. Unless he's being trolled by someone with a fake account.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

That's definitely Linamia, he uses that name on one of his identical-looking alts.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Does he really think he's fooling anyone by using a feminine name?

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Does he really think he's fooling anyone by using a feminine name?

This is Lina we are talking about. He's a fairly perfect combination of brick stupid and batshit insane.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Korgan posted:

That's definitely Linamia, he uses that name on one of his identical-looking alts.

A part of me wants to believe he is trolling, but I have to face facts this is who he is and can't help himself.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Well he's right. Strippers are part of the Star Trek canon. Arguably the entire point of the setting.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Well we've already got space blow in the form of contraband. Just need some space strippers to complete the space experience. Space.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Well he's right. Strippers are part of the Star Trek canon. Arguably the entire point of the setting.

That and the liberation of Cardassia from the oppressive Bajoran agenda.

Dukat is the truth and the way!

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Major Spag posted:

That and the liberation of Cardassia from the oppressive Bajoran agenda.

Dukat is the truth and the way!

Cardassia is always liberated. Unless you're in the Mirror Universe, but those Cardassians got subjugated by Mirror Bajorans. I'm not sure how to feel about that. But I'm pretty sure Bajorans, mirror or no, need to be subjugated and taught their proper place. Just as Dukat would have wanted.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Technical Analysis posted:

Cardassia is always liberated. Unless you're in the Mirror Universe, but those Cardassians got subjugated by Mirror Bajorans. I'm not sure how to feel about that. But I'm pretty sure Bajorans, mirror or no, need to be subjugated and taught their proper place. Just as Dukat would have wanted.

As long as Bajorans exist, Cardassians will never be free!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Free poo poo for the next few days, section 31 costume today.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Major Spag posted:

As long as Bajorans exist, Cardassians will never be free!

The Big Lie told by the Bajorans and their Federation allies is that Enabran Tain was responsible for the failure and collapse of the Cardassian empire, when, in reality, he did everything he could to fight the dominion, and was undermined by Bajoran and Federation scheming. Their belief is that by telling a lie so huge and so often, that people will begin to believe it, simply because they would not have the audacity to tell such a lie themselves.

Vulcan politics are characterized by this behavior--of lying big and then doggedly sticking to the lie no matter the circumstance.

That is why we must furnish clear platform heels with living goldfish inside to any civilization that comes across our path. It is inevitable that races will collide, and when they do, it is the tone of their calves which will determine the victor.

Obviously, I firmly believe in the supremacy of the Cardassian people thanks to their inborn will to power.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Aleth posted:

Cool, I like free stuff.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Random Pubbie posted:

I don't know, maybe it's just me. But more and more I find the players of Starfleet Dental are the ones with the best grips on reality. Some acts of shananigans aside, I am glad they are keeping the game from becoming too much of an ERP playground.

Well, looks like we still have some support. It's not all Lina apologists, yet.

Course this guy then got shouted at by that Captain Oblivious moron, so.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Canon as gently caress.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

XBenedict posted:

Canon as gently caress.

Indeed.

Aleth posted:

Bad uniform, bad uniform, underselling lowbrow ship, Horta, underselling and useless t4 ship

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Psycho Landlord posted:

Well, looks like we still have some support. It's not all Lina apologists, yet.

Course this guy then got shouted at by that Captain Oblivious moron, so.

Captain oblivious gets pissed whenever he sees a Dental in zone chat. He makes a big scene if having to minimize zone chat, but never does anyway and constantly chimes in whenever SFD is mentioned. I sent him a pm letting him know I'd accept any apology he would be willing to give to atone for his awful behavior, but he spammed my pms for like five minutes and put me on ignore.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
If anyone ever needed proof of what a bunch of :gizz: swilling :downs: morons are programming at Cryptic, this is from the Known Issues for the latest Tribble build:

someone at Cryptic posted:

Only melee powers are available on the ground.

Yes, they know about it & its fixed apparently in some yet to be released build, but really ? How the hell do you break a not-so-insignificant portion of the game so completely like that ? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Melee only bug hunt! Let's do this!

• Locked thread