Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
a Vince Russo and Bill Demott podcast sounds like a fever dream out of my worst nightmares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Eltoasto posted:

Guess we know which one turned him down.

You're not the first person to float that theory

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bill DeMott is many things but "pro wrestling great" is hardly the way I'd describe him

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
And "left to pursue new ventures" is a funny way of putting "quit so they couldn't fire me for my gross incompetence and borderline criminal behaviour".

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Memento posted:

"borderline criminal"

Wait, he also knocked somebody into the path of an oncoming train?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

And "left to pursue new ventures" is a funny way of putting "quit so they couldn't fire me for my gross incompetence and borderline criminal behaviour".

His behavior was known to management and one of the reasons they hired him in the first place, he didn't quit to avoid being fired, it was the only thing to be done to protect the company.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Spermgod posted:

You're not the first person to float that theory

I mostly remember him calling her one of the best technical wrestlers who ever lived.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Only thing "negative" I've heard Dave say about Manami Toyota was she wasn't as good of a worker as Akira Hokuto and relied more on athleticism. Considering they both have numerous 5 star matches on the Big Dave scale, whatevs.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Really enjoyed Sasha's interview with Jericho. She's the best spokesperson for the division.

What Paige's appearance on the Steve Austin Podcast should have been.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Paige's appearance on Austin's Podcast was incredible and I wouldn't change it for anything, but Sasha's interview with Jericho was really drat good in a very different way.

Her story about how she found out that Eddie had died was pretty heartbreaking though :smith:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
That Power Uti in the B&V intro. Amazing.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Vinny refused to say the condominiums burned for a reason.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
so I take it we're never getting a B&V review of Ultima Lucha

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

They always do Lucha Underground on Thursday.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

They always do Lucha Underground on Thursday.

cool, wasn't sure since Bryan was hiding from bears in Alaska for most of last week.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sasha's Eddie story :smith:

Her fav wrestler is Eddie, and he was in the first match she ever saw. She won front row tickets to a Minnesota show, and made an "I Love Eddie" sign the day of the show. When she saw all the "RIP Eddie" signs she thought the crowd just hated him, and then someone finally told her he died the previous morning

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Sasha's Eddie story :smith:

Her fav wrestler is Eddie, and he was in the first match she ever saw. She won front row tickets to a Minnesota show, and made an "I Love Eddie" sign the day of the show. When she saw all the "RIP Eddie" signs she thought the crowd just hated him, and then someone finally told her he died the previous morning

loving Hell. :smith:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

so I take it we're never getting a B&V review of Ultima Lucha

gently caress Ultima Lucha they haven't touched Impact since Slammiversary :smith:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Say/think what you want about Craig, but I love the photobombing, especially hearing that Dunn/the truck monkeys hate him for it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CVagts posted:

Say/think what you want about Craig, but I love the photobombing, especially hearing that Dunn/the truck monkeys hate him for it.

And others think he is Bryan.

Craig is good.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

CVagts posted:

he fav'd my SIT DOWN CRAIG tweet so your news is just icing

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Craig is great and I am glad he is now world famous and loved.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love the story about how they finally found an alternate angle where Craig wasn't in the shot.... except he's prominently in view via the Titantron in the background :xd:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

quote:

2. Los Villanos III & IV & V beat The Psycho Circus in 11:06. Before the match they honored Tropicasas as this was to be his final match as referee. It would have been a billion times better if he ran in as a the face ref at the end of the Alberto match. Striker compared Tropicasas to Terry Funk. I think the only thing the two have in common is they each wear handbands and both have been around wrestling for 50 plus years. Marisela Pena, the owner of AAA, was almost in tears when Tropicasas came out. I believe he is the only person left from the first AAA show ever in 1992. Konnan and Mysterio were there from the start, but they both left after a few years and then came back whereas Tropicasas was always there. They did a photo feature on the screen of Los Villanos, including showing their father, Ray Mendoza, one of the biggest stars in Lucha Libre history. Los Villanos came out wearing their masks even though two of them had lost the masks. They made a deal with the commission that for the final match they could wear their masks from their heyday as long as they unmasked in the ring after the match. The Circus had the most elaborate ring entrance with circus performers around the ring including unicycle riders. Crowd was hot for both teams at the start, although you’d never know it from television. Villano V was terribly overweight. This was a terrible match with no heat. Villano III had a stroke several months back and couldn’t do anything. The crowd was forgiving, because it was Villano III’s last match and he is a legend. At one point, Villano III tagged in, and apparently suffered a dizzy spell and fell down. This wasn’t a sell. They started doing weapons spots. They kept pushing how the Alvarado family and Mendozas were one of the biggest feuds in Mexico. Psycho Clown, who I believe is the only clown who is a member of the Alvarado family, used a diving head-butt on Villano III, but refused to pin him on two different occasions, with the idea he respected him too much to beat him in his last match. The live crowd had no idea what he was doing. They didn’t understand the story. Villano IV then used a low blow to pin one of the Clowns. The post-match was touching with the clowns hugging Tropicasas. Villano III and V unmasked. The ring filled with members of the Villano family including younger kids with Villano masks on. Joaquin Roldan (Marisela Pena’s husband who plays the face authority figure) thanked Villano. Tropicasas was in tears when he left the ring. The idea behind this was to build a Villano V vs. Psycho Clown mask vs. mask match, although that didn’t come across at all on PPV. I was scared that if they unmasked Villano V it would be Psycho’s father under the mask (Porky). The Psycho Circus led Villanos chants when it was over. The post-match was good, but as for the match, -*****

MINUS FIVE STARS~!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well that sounds relatively unpleasant to watch

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It was very unpleasant to watch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Good to know that Vince is back to being a billionaire with the stock rise.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Bryan asked for an explanation of furries on the new Lance Storm show.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

Good to know that Vince is back to being a billionaire with the stock rise.

Glad he got his B back.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Some rear end in a top hat yelled at the National Treasure Dragon King Karl for not doing his marathon through both July and August.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Court Bauer just put out a 8 minute mea culpa podcast for the Triplemania gently caress ups.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What is Court's actual position with AAA? Is he involved with production personally?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Is Court "involved" involved or is he involved in the way he was involved with Eastbound and Down?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

What is Court's actual position with AAA? Is he involved with production personally?

He definitely was for the PPV, don't think he has anything to do with them for their normal shows.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

I can't remember the exact position, but he was brought in as a consultant or producer just before the news broke about it being on US PPV.

I think given the timing it was largely assumed that he was in charge of the US PPV production or had a large role in it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 13, 2015

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Court's part of their english language rollout. Not really the top guy for that but he's BFFs with Konnan.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Manflurry isn't going to BOLA? That sucks! I had something special planned for him and Oatgan.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

After spending the last week getting into LU/Lucha Libre I just now looked at the BOLA participant list and if you're going I'd just like you to know I'm jealous of you and go to hell

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Anyone been waiting for this ultra-hot take/on-air aneurysm? I sure have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxlek4eMiRk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Capsaicin posted:

Bryan asked for an explanation of furries on the new Lance Storm show.

I enjoyed that they led off the show with this but nothing will ever top Bob Uecker discovering the "furriers."

• Locked thread