Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Stop :spergin: already. Edmund said "Isaac 2" and "sequel" and I combined them because why would I turn a short post were I express my somewhat reserved surprise about the news that there might be a completely new Isaac game in the future into a long thing that doesn't add anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.
I didn't understand your post either man, chill out

I like how ed doesn't mention that he keeps adding to the isaac series because it's sold better than any of his other games

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think that's one part "goes without saying" and another part "it's easily expanded upon" (which he said)

It's a game where you can add stuff and it's great for veterans and casuals alike.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I think there is a reasonable chance that Ed is just loving with people when he mentions an Isaac sequel or a second Rebirth expansion but I"m hopeful that he's not.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sartorius posted:

The new mode seems like you don't get items each floor, but have an increased money drop rate and have to buy your items. At least that's what it looks like to me. :shrug:

im glad of it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jibo posted:

I think there is a reasonable chance that Ed is just loving with people when he mentions an Isaac sequel or a second Rebirth expansion but I"m hopeful that he's not.

The expansion part definitely seemed like a joke to me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he will dick around instead of doing an expansion or sequel and do a pet project until he wants more money and then he will make them

im not saying he is greedy, just that he is an IRL person who has bills to pay

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

he will dick around instead of doing an expansion or sequel and do a pet project until he wants more money and then he will make them

im not saying he is greedy, just that he is an IRL person who has bills to pay

i just looked this up, he is actually doing Mewgenics again? neat

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Eonwe posted:

i just looked this up, he is actually doing Mewgenics again? neat

He will start on Mewgenics again and abandon it a year later for Isaac 2 or Meat Boy 2.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Don't think it was posted her yet. Saw on Tyrone Rodriguez's Twitter that they're working on new item synergies.

rubber cement now works on Brimstone AND Technology.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That's awesome. More synergies is a really good thing because it makes a lot of potentially boring items much more interesting.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

SereneCrimson posted:

Don't think it was posted her yet. Saw on Tyrone Rodriguez's Twitter that they're working on new item synergies.

Sweet. Imagine if they got the Parasite or Cricket's Body working with the beams.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jibo posted:

He will start on Mewgenics again and abandon it a year later for Isaac 2 or Meat Boy 2.

Also the trailer for Fingered is out and it's very... yeah...

The Steam page is a little more descriptive

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

SereneCrimson posted:

That's all I ever wanted.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.

SereneCrimson posted:

These synergies seem so.. overkill.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Not really, this still isn't even in the same ballpark as Brimstone/Tammy's Head.

Though making more cool and powerful synergies is a-ok in my book.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Manatee Cannon posted:

Not really, this still isn't even in the same ballpark as Brimstone/Tammy's Head.

What if you combine this new Rubber Cement mechanic with Brimstone/Tammy's Head?

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

You're pretty good.

Manatee Cannon posted:

why

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That's hilarious but you'd clear that room instantly even without Rubber Cement

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

You're pretty good.

Manatee Cannon posted:

That's hilarious but you'd clear that room instantly even without Rubber Cement

Exactly.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm not sure I see your problem with this

It's a cool visual effect but doesn't really make it more effective than it would have been before. It's just cool and makes picking up Rubber Cement more fun. As it is now, you might just not pick it up at all if you had Brimstone. Where's the fun in that?

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

You're pretty good.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm not sure I see your problem with this

It's a cool visual effect but doesn't really make it more effective than it would have been before. It's just cool and makes picking up Rubber Cement more fun. As it is now, you might just not pick it up at all if you had Brimstone. Where's the fun in that?

I just remember a lot of simple synergies missing in Rebirth that I hope they also address. If they also address those, then fine.

Monstro's Lung + Brimstone?

Monstro's Lung + others?

20/20 + Brimstone??? How does that not exist.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Hope knife gets some love too. Quadknife hell yes

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

A knife that bounced off walls :getin:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Jusupov posted:

Hope knife gets some love too. Quadknife hell yes

Mutant Spider + Mom's Knife is already in the base game.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Jibo posted:

I thought that was loki's horns? Or does that not work / work differently?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Loki's Horns makes you have four knives around you; Mutant Spider makes your single knife split into four when you throw it. Loki's Horns are pretty fun with Mom's Knife because you can turn yourself into a buzzsaw.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jibo posted:

My life is a lie

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
tech 1 is in desperate need of synergies. At least in the old flash version you could make your laser fill the whole room, spoon bender is currently the only interesting synergy it has.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
gently caress unlocking the Lost. First attempt ends because I close the game between Judas and Azazel to take a break, welp, can't do that. Second attempt, I kill Mom's Heart, get halfway through Sheol, and die to one f those bullshit laser eye enemies. ...and I unlocked Everything is Terrible along the way. :suicide:

But hey, at least I naturally made a Super Bandage Girl thanks to a floor one Book of Revelations. :unsmith:

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
Man the 3DS port of the game is pretty drat rough, both in framerate and overall stability, to the point that it hard-locked my system twice in the span of 15 minutes. A shame too since it'd be a really fantastic way to play the game otherwise. Has there been any word if they're still working on updates for it?

As an aside though, really have yet to find a game that scratches the same itch that this game does, Nuclear Throne is great but isn't quite the same for me.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

TheOrange posted:

Man the 3DS port of the game is pretty drat rough, both in framerate and overall stability, to the point that it hard-locked my system twice in the span of 15 minutes. A shame too since it'd be a really fantastic way to play the game otherwise. Has there been any word if they're still working on updates for it?

Ed says yes. I have no idea what Nintendo's patch approval process is like tho.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

IMJack posted:

Ed says yes. I have no idea what Nintendo's patch approval process is like tho.

Ah, hadn't even considered that, hopefully that improves it since a portable version of this game would be a fantastic time waster. It's pretty impressive that they managed to get it on a Nintendo platform without having to change a bunch of elements of the game in the first place.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of, did Ed ever explain how they managed to do that? I assume it was just the same as the process for any other third party game, maybe all they needed to do was give it an appropriate rating.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

legoman727 posted:

gently caress unlocking the Lost. First attempt ends because I close the game between Judas and Azazel to take a break, welp, can't do that. Second attempt, I kill Mom's Heart, get halfway through Sheol, and die to one f those bullshit laser eye enemies. ...and I unlocked Everything is Terrible along the way. :suicide:

But hey, at least I naturally made a Super Bandage Girl thanks to a floor one Book of Revelations. :unsmith:

You should be able to turn your computer off between attempts. And be sure to use seeds for the first three runs, you only need to do a random Azazel run.

Also if you think unlocking the Lost is bullshit.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

TheOrange posted:

As an aside though, really have yet to find a game that scratches the same itch that this game does, Nuclear Throne is great but isn't quite the same for me.

Considering it's Nicalis and how well (horrible) the PS4/Vita versions have been with patches it'll happen eventually but the parity to the PC release will always be way behind and plenty of unfixed bugs on each respective platform.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Wafer, Firemind, triple shot & cricket's body. I accept your challenge sir for I am an explosion elemental.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Testekill posted:

Wafer, Firemind, triple shot & cricket's body. I accept your challenge sir for I am an explosion elemental.

I got Fire Mind and Mutant Spider twice in a row yesterday. The first one also had Ipecac, the Parasite, and Chocolate Milk as well. :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Vic Boss posted:

20/20 + Brimstone??? How does that not exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJWSu9M4ffQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Testekill posted:

I was playing the other day and got Firemind, Inner Eye, and Bob's Brain with Pyromania. I feel like somehow Inner Eye stopped Firemind from procing though. :(