Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Triglav posted:

i recommend getting a disability placard so you can park in metered spots for free

great idea makin my crippling autism pay for itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol at anyoen who has never had 2 deal w/the ppa. jsut lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they are more expensive b/c the city sold the rights to a private company yet is still on the hook for enforcement

I don't think so I think they just bought replacement machines. they still have a bunch of the old coin op ones elsewhere.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

SFpark uses demand-responsive pricing to open up parking spaces on each block and reduce circling and double-parking. Rates may vary by block, time of day and day of week. Rates will be adjusted by no more than 50 cents per hour down or 25 cents per hour up, and no more often than once per month.

How rates are determined
SFpark charges the lowest possible hourly rate to achieve the right level of parking availability. In areas and at times where it is difficult to find a parking space, rates will increase incrementally until at least one space is available on each block most of the time. In areas where open parking spaces are plentiful, rates will decrease until some of the empty spaces fill.

What parking costs
In pilot areas, meter pricing can range from between 25 cents an hour to a maximum of $6 an hour, depending on demand. Parking meters on blocks within walking distance of the ballpark are priced between $5 and $7 an hour for events. Parking rate adjustments also happen in City-owned garages and lots in pilot areas. Hourly rates decrease in City-owned garages where there are often many empty spaces.

its boggling to me that these people are operating under some kind of hosed up delusion that paying for street parking has some sort of supply and demand component where price dictates parking duration, whereas in reality its just an unavoidable city-living tax that sucks rear end. oh, parking rate went up, guess i'll truncate my visit to the hardware store, or optician. (2 examples of 2 inelastic places i goto where i pay street parking)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
build more off street parking and subway/elevated rail

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the places where the onstreet parking used to be can be where the pylons for the etrain go

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Also a big fan of paying literally 13 dollars to park at the hospital. That's for either visiting or going to the dr offices. Cool. Great. Just let me hemorrhage money on all fronts out of all orifices. Fuckers.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

Also a big fan of paying literally 13 dollars to park at the hospital. That's for either visiting or going to the dr offices. Cool. Great. Just let me hemorrhage money on all fronts out of all orifices. Fuckers.

sounds like the problem is that your an unhealthy fat motherfucker op

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Smythe posted:

fuckers who attempt to block or obfuscate public beach access suxor

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

triple sulk posted:

sounds like the problem is that your an unhealthy fat motherfucker op

Is that so? Am I?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

Is that so? Am I?

i dont know. are you?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
have met smythe irl, he is not fat

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

triple sulk posted:

i dont know. are you?

You tell me. It's not like I'm the only YosPoster to host an entire cooking show live and on line you 1D10T

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
actually car ownership is massively underpriced especially in cities where there ought to be better alternatives to driving

gas cars, ban drivers, install ubiquitous light rail

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Beast of Bourbon posted:

have met smythe irl, he is not fat

he looked like a skinny dude in his cooking videos

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
america has an incredibly unhealthy relationship with the automobile

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

You tell me. It's not like I'm the only YosPoster to host an entire cooking show live and on line you 1D10T

when was the last time u made a live show oP??? maybe u gained weight since then

its ok tho. fat lives matter 2

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I have gained weight. In chode girth. It's shorter and thicker than ever. Think short stack of pancakes. Urination is bassy and abrupt.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

he looked like a skinny dude in his cooking videos

he's a tiny little jewboy that looks like he gets mad pussy

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

I have gained weight. In chode girth. It's shorter and thicker than ever. Think short stack of pancakes. Urination is bassy and abrupt.

nice. real turgid??

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i have never felt the touch of a woman. i have, whoever, felt the violation of a powerful alpha reaming me open with his powerful member plowing through my impotent insides and injecting me with his strong seed. It was in this way that I learned to love the smell of YOSPOS

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

i have never felt the touch of a woman. i have, whoever, felt the violation of a powerful alpha reaming me open with his powerful member plowing through my impotent insides and injecting me with his strong seed. It was in this way that I learned to love the smell of YOSPOS

this is why i don't play dota

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

are you telling me you idiots live somewhere where you don't have an app on your phone that you just type in the parking spot number and select the time and that's it? And when you're at the bar you can have it warn you when the meter is going to expire you just hit the button to add more time? are you seriously telling me that?

im not only telling you that, im telling you that my idiot city sold the parking meter rights to a private company for 99 years for a one time payment

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Enderzero posted:

im not only telling you that, im telling you that my idiot city sold the parking meter rights to a private company for 99 years for a one time payment

and that one time payment was like 4 months of parking meter revenue

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Enderzero posted:

lol, I just do dis, goddamn thing even has an actual honest to god use case for QR codes, smdh

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Alibaba’s shares skidded to a record low in New York on Wednesday after China’s biggest e-commerce company posted its slowest revenue growth in over three years.

The shares fell as much as 7.9 percent in the opening minutes of trading and the number of shares exchanged was already more than 85 percent of their full-day average.

The share price has now dropped by nearly a third since the beginning of the year.

As well as missing revenue forecasts, Alibaba announced a $4 billion share repurchase program over two years, which it said was primarily aimed at offsetting the impact of the company’s share-based compensation programs and other factors that could dilute the share price.

China’s economy is expected this year to see its slowest growth for a quarter of a century. Alibaba’s Chief Executive Daniel Zhang told CNBC on Wednesday that the company was closely monitoring the economy but was “confident for long-term growth.”

In a bid to stem slowing growth in both revenue and the value of sales over its websites, Alibaba is now branching out from its core online-only shopping platforms.

Its revenue for the three months through June rose 28 percent to $3.27 billion, well below a forecast of $3.39 billion in a Thomson Reuters SmartEstimate poll of 28 analysts.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mr. Glass posted:

actually car ownership is massively underpriced especially in cities where there ought to be better alternatives to driving

gas cars, ban drivers, install ubiquitous light rail

hasta la congestion pricing siempre!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

duTrieux. posted:

american democracy has at its core the belief that all men are equal (notwithstanding our original sin)

that is partially why challenges to one's boss aren't grounds for immediate deployment to the on-site employee grinder

yeah when i worked at samsung they had koreans give us presentations about how their management selection process is searching for great men that can feed a city and that a good manager might feed a family and a few people who work for him and a great man will feed a city full of people and it was mega hosed up "kings are chosen by god to rule you" kinda thinking, imho.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Smythe posted:

man the bay area sound like poo poo i just park where ever i want because i live in the inland empire and all parking is free and lots are vast and plentiful

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

kwinkles posted:

yeah when i worked at samsung they had koreans give us presentations about how their management selection process is searching for great men that can feed a city and that a good manager might feed a family and a few people who work for him and a great man will feed a city full of people and it was mega hosed up "kings are chosen by god to rule you" kinda thinking, imho.

well at least now american plebs know their place in the glorious sanrsung empire.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Shaggar posted:

in Portland they have those meters where you get a printed slip and put it in ur window and its lame as gently caress cause its more expensive for no reason. I like to leave my leftover slips on the machine tho so if theres extra time someone can use it.

on the other hand if you drive somewhere else in portland that's also metered, you can just leave the slip in and not have to repay to park again.

parking being a little more expensive isn't a big deal to me though. it's not like i'm street parking every day. and the meters stop running at 7pm so on weekdays by the time i get into town i'll only have to pay for like a couple hours max anyway. whatever.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
just bring a shovel w/ you and bury your car in snow wherever you park to hide it from the metermaids #mainehacks

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FCKGW posted:

man the bay area sound like poo poo i just park where ever i want because i live in the inland empire and all parking is free and lots are vast and plentiful

but have you considered the high cost of free parking?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

hobbesmaster posted:

but have you considered the high cost of free parking?

lol if you don't store all the game fees under free parking

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

FCKGW posted:

ahhahaha you live in the inland empire you poor son of a bitch

do you have valley fever yet

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
uber.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Smythe posted:

you can get your parking validated with any qualifying operation of $1500 or more though

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Smythe posted:

gotta good laugh outta this

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

qirex posted:

China stuff
i know a fund manager who was saying 5 years ago how hosed China was going to be because their economic data was all smoke and mirrors. she said that they centralized payment systems so all financial transactions get reported directly to party HQ instead of up the chain of command as was previously done. after they did that the noticed growth mysteriously dropped like 3%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Glorgnole posted:

gotta good laugh outta this

phallic flatus

really takes me back

• Locked thread