Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

qirex posted:

Alibaba is now branching out from its core online-only shopping platforms.

huh, is that how you say "bought a 20% stake in the largest b&m electronics retailer" these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

duTrieux. posted:

ahhahaha you live in the inland empire you poor son of a bitch

do you have valley fever yet

no the only thing i have is affordable housing

also the inland empire isn't the same as the san joaquin valley but good shot

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
do u say "the" to make a string of numbered highways required for directions easier to parse?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

i have never felt the touch of a woman. i have, whoever, felt the violation of a powerful alpha reaming me open with his powerful member plowing through my impotent insides and injecting me with his strong seed. It was in this way that I learned to love the smell of YOSPOS

same

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

i wasn't sure what the inland empire was (because :canada:) so i looked it up.

quote:

Air pollution, or suspended particulate matter locally generated from the increased number of automobiles in the area, from point sources such as factories, dust carried into the air by construction activity, and the contribution of similar pollutants from the Los Angeles area has regularly caused the Inland Empire to be at, or near, the bottom of many air quality ratings.

Water pollution has also been found in the Santa Ana River and Cajon wash, and pollutants from the March Air Reserve Base and Stringfellow Acid Pits have contaminated groundwater in parts of Riverside County.

that sounds great.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

JawnV6 posted:

do u say "the" to make a string of numbered highways required for directions easier to parse?

that's a California thing so yeah

jony neuemonic posted:

i wasn't sure what the inland empire was (because :canada:) so i looked it up.

that sounds great.

the inland empire comprises am area larger than a lot of US states so there's a lot of good and bad areas

but yeah the air quality is horrible. at least houses drop to 1/3 what they are in Orange County over you cross the county line

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

my city hall is between a gamestop and a nestle toll house cookie store

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
so what you are saying is that the inland empire is basically surrey, bc

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I don't know if I'd want to live near acid pits

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

FCKGW posted:

that's a California thing so yeah

wtf no its not thats a purely southern california thing

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

pr0zac posted:

excuse me have you seen the historical documentary Saturday night live

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Shaggar posted:

in Portland they have those meters where you get a printed slip and put it in ur window and its lame as gently caress cause its more expensive for no reason. I like to leave my leftover slips on the machine tho so if theres extra time someone can use it.

Portland has these, too

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FCKGW posted:

man the bay area sound like poo poo i just park where ever i want because i live in the inland empire and all parking is free and lots are vast and plentiful

my friend its not even the bay im your neighbor to the slightly west in the sprawling strip malls and dumpsters of los angeles. my ol gramms lived in the 909 my man in the ol san berdoo i know her well and i tip my hat to you heres a nice la times article http://graphics.latimes.com/san-bernardino/

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FCKGW posted:

lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my father grew up in colton

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

FCKGW posted:

a true hellscape

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

pr0zac posted:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

saying "the 280" will permanently identify you as a southern californian as will asking for french fries in your burrito

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Smythe posted:

my friend its not even the bay im your neighbor to the slightly west in the sprawling strip malls and dumpsters of los angeles. my ol gramms lived in the 909 my man in the ol san berdoo i know her well and i tip my hat to you heres a nice la times article http://graphics.latimes.com/san-bernardino/

what's happened to san bernardino is p sad actually

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

qirex posted:

french fries in your burrito

the gently caress is this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FCKGW posted:

what's happened to san bernardino is p sad actually

agreed

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Nintendo Kid posted:

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
arizona refers to roads as the 101, 202, 303, 17, etc. though we have a lot of cali transplants

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Nintendo Kid posted:

it's an orange county/san diego thing

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

kwinkles posted:

yeah when i worked at samsung they had koreans give us presentations about how their management selection process is searching for great men that can feed a city and that a good manager might feed a family and a few people who work for him and a great man will feed a city full of people and it was mega hosed up "kings are chosen by god to rule you" kinda thinking, imho.

south korea has more economic equality than the us, lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

suffix posted:

lol

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Nintendo Kid posted:

its their choice for a cheap filler instead of using rice

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

born on a buy you posted:

arizona refers to roads as the 101, 202, 303, 17, etc. though we have a lot of cali transplants

weird, everyone i know says loop 101 and i-17

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

whoa what the gently caress stop the thread is someone indulging in foodstuffs that I do not approve of?!?!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

qirex posted:

it's an orange county/san diego thing

i didnt think i could hate them even more but welp

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
pizza with pineapple on it

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

suffix posted:

this is a deep reverberating lol that hits on many levels

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lol if you live in a city and don't bike everywhere

ride beik and get meaty thighs + run over + free parking

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

yeah i'll come by place after work and eat wings that sounds great

hope we can sit outside cause i'll be a sweaty mess

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

saved $10 :c00l:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

lol if you live in a city and don't bike everywhere

ride beik and get meaty thighs + run over + free parking

+ every single component stripped off + run over + enjoying the rain

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Muscle Tracer posted:

+ every single component stripped off + run over + enjoying the rain

glad I live in a small city where bicycles don't get picked clean by default. all the more reason to ride a scrub tier bike and chuck the lights in a backpack I guess.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Smythe posted:

its boggling to me that these people are operating under some kind of hosed up delusion that paying for street parking has some sort of supply and demand component where price dictates parking duration, whereas in reality its just an unavoidable city-living tax that sucks rear end. oh, parking rate went up, guess i'll truncate my visit to the hardware store, or optician. (2 examples of 2 inelastic places i goto where i pay street parking)

it seems like it wouldn't, but empirically, it really really does. demand-based pricing helps a ton.

the high cost of free parking is a cool book on this subject with actual empirical studies and poo poo

Boot and Rally
Apr 21, 2006

8===D
Nap Ghost

JawnV6 posted:

its their choice for a cheap filler instead of using rice

This, except the trick is crunchy fries. Most people just hear "potatoes" and throw a wad of mushy mess in there, which I agree is gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it seems like it wouldn't, but empirically, it really really does. demand-based pricing helps a ton.

the high cost of free parking is a cool book on this subject with actual empirical studies and poo poo

well, guess im an idiot. news at 11

• Locked thread