Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I just went unlocked Aurum Valley... I think this was the biggest mistake I made in this game so far. Just the thought that I may end up there again, makes me give up on queueing for duty roulette...
am I the only one who would rather dip my balls in acid than go trough that dungeon again? Or should I just :gitgud:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Pigbottom posted:

I just went unlocked Aurum Valley... I think this was the biggest mistake I made in this game so far. Just the thought that I may end up there again, makes me give up on queueing for duty roulette...
am I the only one who would rather dip my balls in acid than go trough that dungeon again? Or should I just :gitgud:?

Much like Dzemael Darkhold, it's really bad, but the good news is that it doesn't have a hard mode so once you reach level 50 you never have to run it again.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Pigbottom posted:

Pissvale is reviled for a reason, but you need to run it at least once to unlock the far superior Amdapor Keep, which you also need for relic weapons.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

the pisscave dungeon, or as I like to call it "The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward"

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Drizvolta posted:

Much like Dzemael Darkhold, it's really bad, but the good news is that it doesn't have a hard mode so once you reach level 50 you never have to run it again.

dmboogie posted:

Pissvale is reviled for a reason, but you need to run it at least once to unlock the far superior Amdapor Keep, which you also need for relic weapons.

Is good to know It's not just me. Also, acording to this it seems there is an alternative way of unlocking Amdapor Keep: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117761-Unlocking-dungeons

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Virulence posted:

Just spend hundreds or thousands of real dollars on buying gil like a couple of people in the thread have. :v:

I'm pretty sure all the high-end crafters in this thread/game have enough gil to make the idea of buying any laughable. The problem is that there's no endgame for crafting, every gil spent right now on a final product is not gonna make itself back.

Mordiceius posted:

Well the way it was advertised was that you would no longer have to dump all your money into just gearing up. But instead, they made it so it's pretty much impossible to gear up more than one class unless you dump all your money into it.

Maybe I was misunderstanding how it was sold to us, but I had interpreted it as a system to help reduce the gap between poor players and obscenely wealthy players. Instead, it's only made the rich/poor gap worse. Just like real life! :D

You're not misunderstanding anything, that's exactly the problem/contradiction people complain about.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I just got my Scholar to 54. What do I do with broil? Spam it instead of ruin II whenever not doing anything that locks me to 50?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gobwalker question - do I have to wait for a stun to fall off before I can apply a second one? In phase 8 I need to stun twice, and if it drops at all the hardmind/helm instant cast their buffs.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Gobwalker question - do I have to wait for a stun to fall off before I can apply a second one? In phase 8 I need to stun twice, and if it drops at all the hardmind/helm instant cast their buffs.

nope

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Pigbottom posted:

I did my first run of Aurum today and it was fun. The Healer said "could care less" and the BLM corrected them and then the healer melted down about grammar and asses and freaked out the rest of the dungeon until the second boss where they stopped healing completely and said they'd do "alexander savage" instead. Then we replaced them and had a good time and it was one of the friendliest groups I've ever been in.

Thumbs up for Aurum Valley

e: Also hit 50 recently, is there anything I should do other than the job quests or should I just blaze through the main story quest to Heavensward?

ArtIsResistance fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 13, 2015

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

ArtIsResistance posted:

I did my first run of Aurum today and it was fun. The Healer said "could care less" and the BLM corrected them and then the healer melted down about grammar and asses and freaked out the rest of the dungeon until the second boss where they stopped healing completely and said they'd do "alexander savage" instead. Then we replaced them and had a good time and it was one of the friendliest groups I've ever been in.

Thumbs up for Aurum Valley

Hilarious low level dungeon drama is the true endgame.

CT1 still remains the most fun thing in the entire game, to this day.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That's what we were thinking. We should easily clear next week. We're just a pull or two away from it. Gobwalking is definitely hectic.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Boten Anna posted:

New 24 man raid means new pubbie drama. Please look forward to it.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's what we were thinking. We should easily clear next week. We're just a pull or two away from it. Gobwalking is definitely hectic.

Wave 8 is the hardest, wave 9 is just a big heal check. Assuming your comp is not complete garbage, enrage shouldn't even be on your minds at current gear level.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Pigbottom posted:

Is good to know It's not just me. Also, acording to this it seems there is an alternative way of unlocking Amdapor Keep: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117761-Unlocking-dungeons

They simplified it to one way a long time ago.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Boten Anna posted:

I'm kind of missing the 24-man raids, they were always so lively. People barely say a word in alex but in CT you had people fighting over aggro and complaining about the other alliances behind their backs and people yelling at each other about how to handle mechanics. Like where to tank bone dragon or the DPS killing the bone dragon too fast or how many people went in cerberus' belly. Good times.

I can't wait for the Floating Continent or w/e, we're probably getting that in 3.1, right?

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Elentor posted:

I'm pretty sure all the high-end crafters in this thread/game have enough gil to make the idea of buying any laughable. The problem is that there's no endgame for crafting, every gil spent right now on a final product is not gonna make itself back.

Now? Sure. A number of those high-end crafters you're talking about started out with the aforementioned buying massive amounts of gil, though.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Azys Lla is the floating continent but the raid might involve that boat in Sea of Clouds?

Virulence posted:

Now? Sure. A number of those high-end crafters you're talking about started out with the aforementioned buying massive amounts of gil, though.

lol

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

New 24 man raid means new pubbie drama. Please look forward to it.

Begemot posted:

I'm kind of missing the 24-man raids, they were always so lively. People barely say a word in alex but in CT you had people fighting over aggro and complaining about the other alliances behind their backs and people yelling at each other about how to handle mechanics. Like where to tank bone dragon or the DPS killing the bone dragon too fast or how many people went in cerberus' belly. Good times.

I can't wait for the Floating Continent or w/e, we're probably getting that in 3.1, right?

Yeah there's a new 24 person raid in 3.1 but we don't know what it is yet. I'm hoping for Fanatic's Tower personally oh please oh please oh please

I hope there's something as fun as CT1 but a lot of the magic of CT1 is that it has a lot of design flaws that they didn't repeat in the later ones that led to most of the funny poo poo that happens :v: While occasionally amusing, the meltdowns re: bone dragon are simply not matched in CT2 and CT3.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Putting 6 tanks in the raid was inadvertently genius.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Atomos is the best fight in the game

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Putting 6 tanks in the raid was inadvertently genius.

The best PVP in the game was 2.1-2.55 CT tank threat fights

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

bonewitch posted:

Wave 8 is the hardest, wave 9 is just a big heal check. Assuming your comp is not complete garbage, enrage shouldn't even be on your minds at current gear level.

Oh yeah we're nowhere near touching an enrage. I've been tossing on my vit gear so I can take two bomb blasts if I fuckup without dieing. I've been getting into a pretty solid groove with bomb timings, though.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Boten Anna posted:

i dont think anyone gets how petty and stubborn FFXIV's community can be until you've played a tank in crystal tower

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Boten Anna posted:

Seeing scylla spin 3 ways as 3 tanks fresh to ST try to keep hate was glorious, especially when they got caught out in daybreak afterwards :v:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Rei_ posted:

i dont think anyone gets how petty and stubborn FFXIV's community can be until you've played a tank in crystal tower

Yet most tanks are absolute garbage pansy wusses who pretty much queued just to do nothing but push the button (and failed to do that most of the time) and during its heyday, absolutely nothing would happen if I didn't swing my e-dick around and take charge of everything.

A lot of things would happen if someone else had similar plans, they were often very exciting.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Boten Anna posted:

Yet most tanks are absolute garbage pansy wusses who pretty much queued just to do nothing but push the button (and failed to do that most of the time) and during its heyday, absolutely nothing would happen if I didn't swing my e-dick around and take charge of everything.

A lot of things would happen if someone else had similar plans, they were often very exciting.

Was that you who would regularly blow cooldowns/consumables to get 10k+ HP and just eat behemoth meteors because you could? I always loved watching that :v:

Griz
May 21, 2001

Begemot posted:

I've been doing CT for the weekly poetics weapon/upgrade and trying to complete my Scylla caster set and it's hilarious. there's a new player bonus almost every time, people gently caress up every mechanic, and sometimes you get amazingly stupid poo poo like someone trying to MT with an i55 weapon.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
That's when you go into CT with str gear and the 99% of tanks wearing full vit have no chance.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Was that you who would regularly blow cooldowns/consumables to get 10k+ HP and just eat behemoth meteors because you could? I always loved watching that :v:

Oh god yes, that was so fun.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Virulence posted:

Most of the high end crafters around nowadays are people who either A) had fat stacks of cash from 1.0 or B) muscled through to riches at some point during 2.xx through sheer capacity to endure mindless tedium.

What I'm saying here is

B O O T S T R A P S

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ArtIsResistance posted:

e: Also hit 50 recently, is there anything I should do other than the job quests or should I just blaze through the main story quest to Heavensward?

You should unlock/run dungeons so you can get access to the HM Roulette, both because it is a good chunk of EXP and because the level 50 dungeons are fantastic.

You don't need to go through the Hildebrand questline, but it is the right thing to do. Become the gentleman you were meant to be.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
im being honset....... seriosely is everyone that pathic in this world to call someone a troll or stupid cuz they are to pathic to understand the truth ..... Also rp servers arent all that roleplay like seriosely i tried the so called rp servers in this game mostly it was pathic

THat being said yes i am a roleplayer normaly and i normally roleplay as a childish evil character...

also zombies can be create irl its just not going to be like in the movies but it can be done and i know how to do it I just dont see myself being allowed into a lab to do it sadly

and

ps if thats how you think YOu need to remake your character as a lame human in the game.... you have no right to be playing as demonic race since you obviosely arent a demon ... you make us who consider ourself demon-like look bad

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

In all ways but physical, I am a catgirl.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Griz posted:

I've been doing CT for the weekly poetics weapon/upgrade and trying to complete my Scylla caster set and it's hilarious. there's a new player bonus almost every time, people gently caress up every mechanic, and sometimes you get amazingly stupid poo poo like someone trying to MT with an i55 weapon.

I've been doing a number of WoD runs lately trying to finally get that card drop and it's hilarious. Every day is night before reset.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Virulence posted:

Just spend hundreds or thousands of real dollars on buying gil like a couple of people in the thread have. :v:

Do we have a Russian aluminum tycoon in our guild?

If so, I'm really sorry about shooting your plex ships. I was young and stupid.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

dmboogie posted:

Do you? I've been playing since 2.0 and I'm fairly certain I've never done Aurum Vale. I know I still run by the (what I assume) quest to unlock it near the Waking Sands sometimes and laugh.

El Cid fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 13, 2015

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

El Cid posted:

Do you? I've been playing since 2.0 and I'm fairly certain I've never done Aurum Vale. I know I still run by the (what I assume) quest to unlock it near the Waking Sands sometimes and laugh.

you used to (still are?) also be able to unlock it via grand company.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

kharaa posted:

you used to (still are?) also be able to unlock it via grand company.

This is how I did it in 2.5, unless it changed in Heavensward I bet it's still there.

Also, Aurum Vale is bad, but the Coincounter fight is cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
I like Aurum Vale tbh. Trash tier dungeons for me are totorak and halatali. I like everything else.

• Locked thread