Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012
Can I swap between SD cards with the same 3DS, or is that something I really shouldn't do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Getsuya posted:

Mercenaries Saga 2 looks good but the continuity nerd in me wants to know where the heck Mercenaries Saga 1 is.

Edit: Unless maybe the joke is that they consider FFT to be Mercenaries Saga 1.

It was a Japanese-only mobile game. MS2 is a mobile port actually.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Oh. And it looks like there's already a Mercenaries Saga 3 on iOS in Japan as well. Wonder if we'll get that one too.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Doggboat posted:

Can I swap between SD cards with the same 3DS, or is that something I really shouldn't do?

Nintendo recommends that you use only a single SD card, but you can switch between multiple ones and probably nothing bad will happen if you do. Some cartridge games can write data to the SD card, so you'd have to remember to keep track of which ones are associated with which card.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

victrix posted:

Buy a PSTV for $38: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-TV-vita/dp/B00KVMHSUM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439371732&sr=8-1&keywords=pstv

Buy Tactics Ogre for $10: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/tactics-ogre-let-us-cling-together/cid=UP0082-ULUS10565_00-TACTICSOGREPSSDL

Now pretend you're playing on your 3ds and play the best srpg :colbert:

(but seriously if you have a psp/vita/pstv or you don't mind playing emulated ppsspp, TO is realllllllly good)

Actually buy a PSP so you can ignore all the frustrating problems in TO's design and also play the GBA TO which is really solid all around

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ImpAtom posted:

It was a Japanese-only mobile game. MS2 is a mobile port actually.

Yup. When people started talking about MS2 I did some research and found out the devs are the same people that made the What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord? series for PSP, among other things.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You can still use a DSi to get DSiWare games, right? I kinda wanna reply Risky's Revenge on the original poo poo.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

noirstronaut posted:

You can still use a DSi to get DSiWare games, right? I kinda wanna reply Risky's Revenge on the original poo poo.

As far as I know, most DSi ware got ported over to the eShop anyway.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yes, you can buy DSiWare games on a DSi -- that storefront is still up. No, you will not be able to use a credit card directly like on the 3DS and will have to buy "points". If I remember right, Risky's Revenge is like 8000 points.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Well I already own the game from when I had a DSi, but I just wanted to make sure Nintendo didn't axe the whole thing when the eShop took over.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Saoshyant posted:

Yes, you can buy DSiWare games on a DSi -- that storefront is still up. No, you will not be able to use a credit card directly like on the 3DS and will have to buy "points". If I remember right, Risky's Revenge is like 8000 points.

Since when does the 3ds shop let you buy directly with a card? I went too buy something the other day and only got an option to 'add funds' in bulk.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Mega Comrade posted:

Since when does the 3ds shop let you buy directly with a card? I went too buy something the other day and only got an option to 'add funds' in bulk.

I've always had something along the lines of "Add necessary balance" or whatever

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

Watch that screen again and you will find a discreet "add only necessary" funds option. No minimum amount required either.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Bunch of Dragon Quest XI screenshots for your viewing pleasure. Viewing is all you will get when it comes to Square Enix, so enjoy!

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Well gently caress me, I could have sworn that wasn't there before. Oh well, I'm sure I'll spend the excess balance.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Menaced By Slimes: A True Story

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Slimes will kill you if you are a random villager kid.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Saoshyant posted:

Bunch of Dragon Quest XI screenshots for your viewing pleasure. Viewing is all you will get when it comes to Square Enix, so enjoy!

It does this for every screen in the game? That's crazy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

codenameFANGIO posted:

It does this for every screen in the game? That's crazy.

At some point it stops doing the dual-screen 2D/3D thing but it becomes an option you can toggle.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Better be getting us some Dragon Quest in the west or I swear to god

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That looks really good and I am ready to be disappointed when it isn't localized

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Better be getting us some Dragon Quest in the west or I swear to god

That'll you cry yourself to sleep? Yeah, I'm with you too, buddy.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I can't really see them not localizing that. How many DQ games of this apparent quality haven't been ported to NA?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have a bet that at worst the PS4 version will be localized.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Seeing as they're probably spending more money on the PS4 version, I'd say that's the version more likely to actually get a localization but I'd probably get both just to see the game's three different presentations. Of course, all of this probably matters on whether or not Heroes does okay.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

After starting Xenoblade Chronicles last night, I've decided that I feel like the control nub is poorly implemented. Trying to pull downward is inconsistent and uncomfortable. I'm grumpy about this.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

5er posted:

I can't really see them not localizing that. How many DQ games of this apparent quality haven't been ported to NA?

The remakes of 7 + 8, that's about it though for mainline games. A shitload of spin off's never got localised though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sakurazuka posted:

The remakes of 7 + 8, that's about it though for mainline games. A shitload of spin off's never got localised though.

How many non-Nintendo DQ games weren't localized is the key question.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Tae posted:

How many non-Nintendo DQ games weren't localized is the key question.

We never got the cool PS2 remake of DQ5 :(

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Is it possible that 8 and 9 got brought to the US because Level 5 was involved with them? Because I think they're involved with 11 in some way (NintendoLife claims they are, at least).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

8 got brought over because it was the PS2 generation and Square-Enix was still making more money than anything, and if I recall Nintendo helped localize 9.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Emron posted:

After starting Xenoblade Chronicles last night, I've decided that I feel like the control nub is poorly implemented. Trying to pull downward is inconsistent and uncomfortable. I'm grumpy about this.

I've heard many complaints about downward nub movement in a number of different games. Seems like a flaw in the design of the nub itself rather than its individual implementation.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The rear end Stooge posted:

I've heard many complaints about downward nub movement in a number of different games. Seems like a flaw in the design of the nub itself rather than its individual implementation.

I agree. I have the same problem in MH4U. I end up relying on camera lock.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Policenaut posted:

8 got brought over because it was the PS2 generation and Square-Enix was still making more money than anything, and if I recall Nintendo helped localize 9.

Afaik Nintendo did everything from localizing to publishing DQIX because Square-Enix couldn't be arsed.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there a way to transfer saves between SD cards using only the New 3DS' LAN filesharing?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
It's actually a DS game, but I am about 5 hours in to Final Fantasy Tactics A2, not having played (and beaten it) since release. Can't believe it's already 8 years old, but it's still pretty fun! I hope it's not nostalgia talking, because the game still feels all around solid. I really should stop playing though, because it's making me want a proper 3DS version that will never come.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Legend of Legacy has a NA release date and a first-run LE - October 13, $39.99:

Quest For Glory II posted:

Is it possible that 8 and 9 got brought to the US because Level 5 was involved with them? Because I think they're involved with 11 in some way (NintendoLife claims they are, at least).

They're not. The PS4 version is being developed by the studio that handles DQ10 and the 3DS version is by a studio called Toybox that's most noteworthy for assisting Sakurai on Smash and Kid Icarus.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Emron posted:

I agree. I have the same problem in MH4U. I end up relying on camera lock.

Try assigning the extra shoulder buttons to camera controls.

So anyway, Shin Megami Tensei IV is on sale for £8.99. Is it worth it?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yea i paid $50 for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
UK dudes, Kmart has the New XL for $100 and you should be able to pricematch at Best Buy, Walmart, etc: http://www.kmart.com/tvs-electronics-gaming-nintendo-3ds-nintendo-3ds-systems/b-1278609772