Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
there better be some way to form the roman empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

I have faith that this game will be at least as good as Sengoku.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

space mapgame confirmed i guess

https://imgur.com/a/wAJgu

i dont care at all doe

This looks like a big piece of dookie.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This looks like a big piece of dookie.

i will play it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

i will play it

gently caress you.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Knuc U Kinte posted:

gently caress you.

you will too

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I bought both sengoku and march of the eagles at full price.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

I bought both sengoku and march of the eagles at full price.

It was a "fool me once" situation for this gamer and I did not buy March of Eagles until it was 1.00

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i couldnt figure out what there was to do in sengoku besides war everyone as fast as humanly possible and tediously hand out titles

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

DICKHEAD posted:

i couldnt figure out what there was to do in sengoku besides war everyone as fast as humanly possible and tediously hand out titles

that is correct.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Paradox thread going nuts over Stellaris doesn't make me feel any better about it. IDK about you guys I feel like the million of Master of Orion 2 clones on the market all suck super bad so at least it's a low bar to be better than the average game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

you will too

I no longer have a pc capable of running videogames. :smug:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

yeah 90% of MOO clones are garbage and some of the stuff ive been hearing about stellaris doesnt make it sound great (eg tech system) but adding paradox-style diplomacy to a 4x is enough to keep me watching it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even if the SP sucks most Paradox games are more fun in MP anyway so whatever. At least that might be fun.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

A Tartan Tory posted:

I legit had an orgasm when I heard about Stellaris. :unsmith:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

space games are sometimes okay, paradox game are pretty good, so I'm thinking a paradox space game will also be pretty good

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

zeal posted:

This was my Reformed Norse empire before I upgraded to Rajas, with the Bjorn Ironside start. Best mapgame campaign I've ever had.

I like the doggie in the middle.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Grawl posted:

:eyepop:

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Grawl posted:

i see it

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Who's a good boy?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
a yorkshire terrier hacking up the bile of germany's final province and Hungary's western rump onto the flowing blue carpet of Scandinavia

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I don't see it

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I don't see it

in red, tilted, with its head facing skåne.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

in red, tilted, with its head facing skåne.

ah

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I gotta say playing in the HRE is a nightmare now. Before those lovely OPMs used to be weak on their own unless they coalitioned you. Now shitters like Brunswick or Hesse have 8k force limits at the start that just climbs and climbs even if they don't expand, so attacking an OPM with 1 ally can be a serious problem because that can easily be a 25-30k force limit

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

I gotta say playing in the HRE is a nightmare now. Before those lovely OPMs used to be weak on their own unless they coalitioned you. Now shitters like Brunswick or Hesse have 8k force limits at the start that just climbs and climbs even if they don't expand, so attacking an OPM with 1 ally can be a serious problem because that can easily be a 25-30k force limit

What about playing as one of those shitter princes... Sounds kind of epic.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pewdiepie posted:

What about playing as one of those shitter princes... Sounds kind of epic.

Its not because every neighbor you have is allied to either Austria or Bohemia or both, and if they aren't allied to one of those they have 4-5 allies that are all next to you and will rape you.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A mapgamer without a the heart of iron and a will to match, is no mapgamer at all.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Larry Parrish posted:

Its not because every neighbor you have is allied to either Austria or Bohemia or both, and if they aren't allied to one of those they have 4-5 allies that are all next to you and will rape you.
Solution: ally either Austria or Bohemia or - if that doesn't work - 4-5 allies all next to your target.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
The western expansion to the After the End mod is real fun + looks real pretty with the Horse Lords update. I played a few generations as the kingdom of Baja in the celestial empire of California and it's been a blast defending Californiadom against the inroads of the savage Consumerist holy warriors who overran Socal and Deseret.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zeal posted:

The western expansion to the After the End mod is real fun + looks real pretty with the Horse Lords update. I played a few generations as the kingdom of Baja in the celestial empire of California and it's been a blast defending Californiadom against the inroads of the savage Consumerist holy warriors who overran Socal and Deseret.

I wish the Canticle for Leibowitz mod in EU4 was as well done.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are there other apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic CK2 or EU4 mods? I've seen screenshots of a zombie mod for Victoria 2, but nothing comparable for the Paradox games I actually play.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zeal posted:

Are there other apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic CK2 or EU4 mods? I've seen screenshots of a zombie mod for Victoria 2, but nothing comparable for the Paradox games I actually play.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=364010630&searchtext=canticle

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

After the End was hella loving clunky and slow and crashed all the time so I didn't bother with it to be honest.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It was a lot better pre-Horse Lords

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i dunno, i kinda enjoy raping my way across europe

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Friendly Tumour posted:

i dunno, i kinda enjoy raping my way across europe

Ah, how is your bike tour coming anyway?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

GSD posted:

So how does the game tiebreak elections for the HRE? Like if two powers each have exactly 3 votes.

PittTheElder posted:

If one of them is the incumbent, they retain the title. If not, nobody knows.

firestruck posted:

Sweden wins by default.

Wiz posted:

Actually true because it goes by tag order in case of a tie between two non-Emperors and Sweden is the first (non rebel non native non pirate) tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

loving swede Chauvinism again.