Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Probad posted:

This is the most attention anyone has paid to Bobby Jindal in months.

I dunno I think the people of Louisiana have been paying a lot of attention to him for a year or so now. Mostly so they know what direction to aim their swearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The Nastier Nate posted:

That's what they said about Carly Fiorinia and look at her now - soaring into the limelight with 3.5%!

That's double digits! :v:

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Who sent the email with

....we are now at seven percent in Iowa.
Seven. Percent.

I laughed like an idiot at that for some reason.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

bpower posted:

Who sent the email with

Seven. Percent.

Former Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

bpower posted:

Who sent the email with

Seven. Percent.

George "Big Dick" Pataki

Or O'Malley, whatever

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Generally, yeah, the post-debate consensus was that Walker didn't do all that great.

I think Walker is more formidable than most people give him credit for.

EDIT: God help me, I think he might be going far in this thing.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Shageletic posted:

And if that poll was next year, it would mean something.

You Georgetown Dems need to get over that this race isn't like any other election.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Something Else posted:

George "Big Dick" Pataki

Or O'Malley, whatever

I've seen both of these guys on tv a few times and I swear I can not picture either of them beyond old-white-guy.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

bpower posted:

I've seen both of these guys on tv a few times and I swear I can not picture either of them beyond old-white-guy.

O'Malley has muscles and is the object of Matt Drudge's man-crush.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Shageletic posted:

It's going to be interesting. Walker's campaign has a ton of money tied up in Iowa. It's perceived as a "must win" for him. If he can't win Iowa, he might see his funding cut.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

bpower posted:

This is O'Malley

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Something Else posted:

This is O'Malley

That was O'Malley in the 90s.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Something Else posted:

This is O'Malley

Ah, running through the waves with a six pack. That dude?

oldswitcheroo
Apr 27, 2008

The bombers opened their bomb bay doors, exerted a miraculous magnetism which shrunk the fires, gathered them into cylindrical steel containers, and lifted the containers into the bellies of the planes.

Something Else posted:

This is O'Malley

Martin "Chaos is a ladder" O'Malley

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

In 2012, no one was excited about or wanted to vote for Romney.

Ahem. :colbert:

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
lololol

:golfclap:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/13/politics/mike-huckabee-iowa-six-percent-growth/index.html

Mike Huckabee promised at the Iowa state fair that his Fair Tax can make the economy grow at 6%, higher than the Jeb Bush promise of 4% and the current growth rate of 2%.

I am looking forward to Trump inventing a new form of notation to describe how fast the economy will grow under his presidency.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Nonsense posted:

You Georgetown Dems need to get over that this race isn't like any other election.

This is new.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Shageletic posted:

Walker's main qualification in this race is that somebody has to win the loving thing

(and also that he's acceptable to the establishment while being slightly less of a putz than Jeb! and less hated by the base, I guess)

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

William Bear posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/13/politics/mike-huckabee-iowa-six-percent-growth/index.html

Mike Huckabee promised at the Iowa state fair that his Fair Tax can make the economy grow at 6%, higher than the Jeb Bush promise of 4% and the current growth rate of 2%.

I am looking forward to Trump inventing a new form of notation to describe how fast the economy will grow under his presidency.

Oh yeah well I'll grow the economy infinity percent

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

William Bear posted:

growth will go from 2% to YOOGE in a matter of weeks, guaranteed

that is, as long as a certain group of losers get off their lazy asses and work for once

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
LOL.

quote:

The last batch of Hillary Clinton emails released by the State Department included one from Clinton asking to borrow a book called “Send: Why People Email So Badly and How to Do It Better,” by David Shipley and Will Schwalbe . . . it includes some advice that is particularly interesting in light of the controversy over her unconventional email arrangement at the State Department and her decision to delete tens of thousands of emails . . . . Take, for example, Chapter Six: “The Email That Can Land You In Jail.” The chapter includes a section entitled “How to Delete Something So It Stays Deleted.”

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tips-deleting-emails-email-book-hillary-clinton-wanted/story?id=33046042

Keep on believing that Trump can't do to her what he's done to the GOP field - overcome a seemingly insurmountable deficit to take the lead.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

I love how white piggy couldn't tell left from right and started the arrow in the wrong direction, then tried to rub off the permanent marker before finishing the arrow correctly.

I also love the implication that it's only cop lives that matter.

One of these statements is false.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Fun fact, the last mega-rich businessman to run in a GOP Primary and actually earn votes was Steve Forbes himself in 2000. He got 31% at the Iowa caucuses, losing to GWB, before sinking down into a distant 3rd in the NH primary. I believe he dropped out after that.

Even more fun fact: The Alaska caucuses were held the same week in 2000 as the Iowa caucuses -- Steve Forbes only lost to GWB in these caucuses by 5 votes.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tips-deleting-emails-email-book-hillary-clinton-wanted/story?id=33046042

Keep on believing that Trump can't do to her what he's done to the GOP field - overcome a seemingly insurmountable deficit to take the lead.

Map out an electoral path

Numerical Anxiety
Sep 2, 2011

Hello.

Sexual Lorax posted:

I love how white piggy couldn't tell left from right and started the arrow in the wrong direction, then tried to rub off the permanent marker before finishing the arrow correctly.

I also love the implication that it's only cop lives that matter.

One of these statements is false.

But the answer is right there - all black people should become cops, problem is solved?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Megyn Kelly is taking two weeks off of Fox which is absolutely completely voluntary and has nothing to do with Donald Trump.

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

JT Jag posted:

It's going to be interesting. Walker's campaign has a ton of money tied up in Iowa. It's perceived as a "must win" for him. If he can't win Iowa, he might see his funding cut.

Which will make it all the more viscerally pleasing when Trump kicks his rear end there.

EDIT: physically and electorally

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL.

So there was nothing remarkable in anyway about the latest batch of emails? Nothing at all?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

nachos posted:

Map out an electoral path

http://www.270towin.com/maps/5pD3v

I'm being generous leaving Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico blue. Remember, the hispanics love Trump even more than regular people.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Numerical Anxiety posted:

But the answer is right there - all black people should become cops, problem is solved?

Actually...

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Three Olives posted:

Megyn Kelly is taking two weeks off of Fox which is absolutely completely voluntary and has nothing to do with Donald Trump.

To be fair, this is kind of the season for Fox hosts going on vacation. O'Reilly has been out for a while. It is hilarious timing, though.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Boosted_C5 posted:

I'm being generous leaving Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico blue. Remember, the hispanics love Trump even more than regular people.

The most unrealistic part of this almost-plausible map to me is Virginia -- heavily Democratic northern VA will turn out in DROVES against a guy like Trump.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Boosted_C5 posted:

What was Virginia in 2012.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

railroad terror posted:

The most unrealistic part of this almost-plausible map to me is Virginia -- heavily Democratic northern VA will turn out in DROVES against a guy like Trump.

Yes that was my initial reaction as well.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Three Olives posted:

Ailes is probably giving her an all expense paid trip to a world class resort. She did exactly as he wanted and now Fox "has" to be nice to buddy Trump.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

What was Virginia in 2012.

Obama won with 50.8% of the vote.

LOL at anyone who thinks any nominee is going to equal or best Obama.

By disregard my earlier map. Hillary holds onto Virginia JUST BARELY, but surprise VP pick Scott Walker carries Wisconsin for Trump.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/56XJb

The GOP House installs JEB! as President.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I didn't watch the debate but was she more or less antagonistic than the male panelists?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Boosted_C5 posted:

LOL.

I don't believe that for a second, Hillary has near-zero charisma and is godawful at campaigning, Trump would do much better against her in the general then the polls currently indicate. Of course, Trump has to get the nomination before he can do that, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the GOP elites just straight-up block him by changing/'interpreting' the rules rather then allow a candidate not beholden to them or the big-money donors in any way.

Edit:

Boosted_C5 posted:

Obama won with 50.8% of the vote.

LOL at anyone who thinks any nominee is going to equal or best Obama.

By disregard my earlier map. Hillary holds onto Virginia JUST BARELY, but surprise VP pick Scott Walker carries Wisconsin for Trump.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/56XJb

The GOP House installs JEB! as President.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but Scott Walker isn't very popular in his home state, he only gets re-elected because Democratic voters somehow still don't get that off-years are important too.

VV Edit: Due to the electoral math this is unironically the most likely path to a Republican win. It's that bad.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
God is real, Trump will win the GOP nomination, Sanders will win the DEM nomination, Sanders will win the national popular vote, the electoral vote will end up in a 269-269 tie, and the GOP will install a hand picked President.

• Locked thread