Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I think I missed something about Card Crawl. I played it for a half hour or so, only lost to poo poo like triple 8+ enemies and coins when my hands were full of weak potions, but otherwise won pretty easily. The deck never changed, I bought a couple abilities but they didn't change gameplay much, and as far as I could tell there were no alternate heroes or decks or anything. It took me a while to even find where to spend the gold I gained, even. It's like an alpha version of a good game, but it isn't fleshed out enough yet to warrant my IAP dough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Here is the fallout tips from the iOS thread.

1) the game is not supposed to run in the background. You have to force close it each time you want to stop playing the game.

2) growing your population quickly is the worst thing you can do. You need to do it slowly or else you will find yourself with too many mouth to feed.

3) there was some glitch about not completing two the starter quest. That somehow made the third quest always easy and give a lot of lunchboxes.

4)the forced layout for your base is pretty bad. You might want to rebuild the whole place early on.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 13, 2015

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Shwqa posted:

Here is the fallout tips from the iOS thread.

1) the game is not supposed to run in the background. You have to force close it each time you want to stop playing the game.

My understanding is that it can run in the background if you pay for it (Mr Handy).

GaryLeeLoveBuckets
May 8, 2009

gromdul posted:

I booted an inactive, so Gem boys has a slot open.

Could I get an invite as Gary_14 ?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It doesn't look like there's a thread for this DBZ Dokkan game is there?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Zotix posted:

It doesn't look like there's a thread for this DBZ Dokkan game is there?

It's our best kept secret: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732619

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

My understanding is that it can run in the background if you pay for it (Mr Handy).

will my base starve etc if I just dont play for a bit?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

w00tmonger posted:

will my base starve etc if I just dont play for a bit?

If you leave it open in the background yes (and if you did not pay).

But when you are playing the timers aren't that long and there are plenty of things to do in between so I have yet to decide if it's an idle game or not. I think they managed to make it different enough from usual idle games.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Has anybody bothered to confirm that this is still an issue? I was under the impression that background problem was dealt with on the iOS version already. I was under the impression that it runs for a bit and then idles or something now, because it had been just advancing forward at light speed and everything going totally to poo poo, every time you were away for like ten minutes or something.

The breeding mechanics are depressing as gently caress, when the couple finishes doing the :D the guy comes jogging out, and then the woman comes out after him, slowly, now changed into an ugly pair of sweats. I also didn't realize that an unattended male will quickly knock up every woman in the building - and that his pregnant "ex" tends to stand right next to the backroom doorway while they're doing the nasty while she just stands there, sad and pregnant.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

coyo7e posted:

Has anybody bothered to confirm that this is still an issue? I was under the impression that background problem was dealt with on the iOS version already. I was under the impression that it runs for a bit and then idles or something now, because it had been just advancing forward at light speed and everything going totally to poo poo, every time you were away for like ten minutes or something.

The breeding mechanics are depressing as gently caress, when the couple finishes doing the :D the guy comes jogging out, and then the woman comes out after him, slowly, now changed into an ugly pair of sweats. I also didn't realize that an unattended male will quickly knock up every woman in the building - and that his pregnant "ex" tends to stand right next to the backroom doorway while they're doing the nasty while she just stands there, sad and pregnant.

Re-population is key, man. These women know the score.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Shwqa posted:

3) there was some glitch about not completing two the starter quest. That somehow made the third quest always easy and give a lot of lunchboxes.

I think they fixed this. I tried it a few times restarting the base and the 3rd quests always become harder.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

coyo7e posted:

Has anybody bothered to confirm that this is still an issue?

I left the game on idle and everyone in my base was at the lowest happiness, starving, and all the resources where depleted.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Oh well, I've got no problem task killing it, I have to do that to enough other apps that annoy me with status updates and widgets.

Definitely would recommend doubling down on water ASAP, I almost ran out before I got just enough caps from an explorer to expand to two adjacent rooms and then frantically throw everybody who wasn't pregnant, in there.

I think watching my guys explore is my favorite thing so far, although the events seem a bit limited. Reminds me of uhh, porgress quest wasn't it?

Shwqa posted:

4)the forced layout for your base is pretty bad. You might want to rebuild the whole place early on.
To add to this: if a room is enclosed on both the left and right sides, then you can't destroy it without destroying something on either side. So if you try to rebuild, don't do it right after you build a 3-wide water facility next to the generator room :downsrim:

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 13, 2015

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Fallout shelter is good IF you get a mr. handy, preferably like two of them. If you got Google survey bucks then you're all set.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008

gromdul posted:

I booted an inactive, so Gem boys has a slot open.

Please hire me into your gang. Smokey_5

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

In Fallout Shelter if I buy Mr Handy's then delete my vault can I get them back again in my new vault or are they gone for good?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I would like to join the Gem Boys next time some loser quits playing. I am GILOK

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ModeSix posted:

In Fallout Shelter if I buy Mr Handy's then delete my vault can I get them back again in my new vault or are they gone for good?

I would also like to know this. I bought the 5 pack.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I would also like to know this. I bought the 5 pack.

I had bought one and just checked on a fresh vault, and nope no butlerbot. Guess we know how Fallout 4 got fully funded. :v:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Still want to roll with the goons in gems
Tinychalupa

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds
I'd also like to get in on that sweet, sweet gem action. Invite code is SAVIK.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

coyo7e posted:

Definitely would recommend doubling down on water ASAP, I almost ran out before I got just enough caps from an explorer to expand to two adjacent rooms and then frantically throw everybody who wasn't pregnant, in there.

Pregnant women can work, and seem to do just as well as anybody else except that they run from problems (fires and attacks) rather than facing them. So take their guns away but aside from that pregnant women are as good as anybody else.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I feel like I should look up which city gives which epic at the end but I'm instead picking which one looks cool and enjoying it
Team has been bouncing between lady Sapphire, goblin, and the lich guy that makes more brown to feed the lady
I plan to try to work in more blade master and the.....dragon guy whose name escapes me. Makes red into skulls or something

I'm honestly enjoying messing with my team. I want to use boar rider with some setup and Atlanta at some point

The story is actually better then I was expecting. Need to be in a bigger guild, read goon guild, and try pvp

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Gem boys are full again, folks :saddowns:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Plastik posted:

Pregnant women can work, and seem to do just as well as anybody else except that they run from problems (fires and attacks) rather than facing them. So take their guns away but aside from that pregnant women are as good as anybody else.
Oh dang I had no idea. I tried to throw one into the wasteland for fun and then just assumed they couldn't work anywhere since they wear special outfits. :downs:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Gem boys are full again, folks :saddowns:

14 days to long to boot sir lol. 5 to 7 tops!

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Plastik posted:

I thought I was in a different thread and holy moly was I confused.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

There's only 30 spots and almost everyone plays daily. I think the plan is to kick inactives at 14 days, but there's only one guy within a week of that.

There's no reason not to join a pubbie guild temporarily until there's space. There might even be enough guys to start a second guild if interest keeps up.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Start another goon guild! We started with a very humble 5 goons. Now we're CHAMPIONS.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

gromdul posted:

Start another goon guild!

If no one else does I will tonight
Tinychalupa if someone beats me to the punch as I got crap to do for a few hours

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

If no one else does I will tonight
Tinychalupa if someone beats me to the punch as I got crap to do for a few hours

We should probably make a thread as well.

On side note I got wrecked by an armor team. Hero, templer, Rowanne, and Herdmaster. They got lucky and charge Herdmaster in the 2nd turn. Holy poo poo that dude blows up the board and charges the entire team.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 14, 2015

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I like Fallout Shelter so far but some of the game mechanisms could be explained better. I did not spend any money so far and don't see any reason to. When I turn the game off my shelter is put to sleep so they don't consume resources anymore, but at the same time my explorers keep roaming the wastelands and pregnant women keep popping babies out.

Also the lunchbox exploit isn't working anymore but I found another one instead. Rushing the infirmary gives me around 250 caps when it should be much much less.

e: After a few more tries I'm getting this rush bug in other rooms too. Rushing is super lucrative I made almost 1000 caps in just a few minutes

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Aug 14, 2015

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
If you use the "default" layout, that the tutorial leads you into (power/elevator/food/water on the second layer), spending $.99 on a Mr. Handy is super useful because you can just assign it to that floor and your vault SHOULD be self sufficient assuming half way decent manning. Otherwise, you may want 2 (1 for each floor of power/elevator/food, water/elevator/medical) if you're going to leave it idling.

Only real problems with it are that IAP doesn't carry over to other vaults and the resource bleed is way too high for an idler. Its like tamagotchi in TYOOL 2015.

So, spend 1 or 2 bucks on Mr. Handys, but don't even bother with lunchboxes.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
What's the point of leaving the game on idle? I don't see any. You produce food and water and your dwellers consume it, then what?

e: to me it seems the most efficient way to play the game is to build rooms, rush them until you reach at least 50% incident risk (the trade off isn't really important and the incident are easy to manage), send a guy to explore, arrange a few couples then turn the game off and come back a few hours later. Recall your explorer, rush, turn off. Wash rinse repeat.

The heart of the game isn't to wait, it's to assign people to room and tasks and to rush rooms. There is no incentive to wait in this game.

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 14, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Amazon's again giving away for free a bunch of games and apps for the next day or so including Goat Simulator, Scribblenauts, Bloons TD 5, Sonic 2 and Bridge Constructor: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=nav_sap_mas_15_08_13_August_Bundle?ie=UTF8&node=10076151011

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Fallout Shelter chat: Is there any way to get longer notifications or at least read what they're trying to say? Mine just says "Vault 209: One of your Vault Dwellers has been o..." That doesn't help me!

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Plastik posted:

This reads like a poo poo Reddit Says quote, when taken out of context.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Shwqa posted:

We should probably make a thread as well.

On side note I got wrecked by an armor team. Hero, templer, Rowanne, and Herdmaster. They got lucky and charge Herdmaster in the 2nd turn. Holy poo poo that dude blows up the board and charges the entire team.

This game amuses me as there are SO MANY gimmicks that can work (at least when you're on offense). Herdmaster is the budget version of Carnex and Gorgotha, all of whom are nice assets to a team and annoying to fight. The randomness of the explosions will bite you now and then but it's great for rapid mana fillups in general.

Mazebert TD: Is it just me or did this get substantially harder? I commented earlier on liking the revamped Wolf, though that started running out of steam around wave 250-300, and now I'm trying to run Darkness/Metropolis on Easy and getting plowed. The loot function revamp means a lot less potions which means a lot less power and so far my Shadows and Electric Chairs and whatnot can't keep up.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mrkillboy posted:

Amazon's again giving away for free a bunch of games and apps for the next day or so including Goat Simulator, Scribblenauts, Bloons TD 5, Sonic 2 and Bridge Constructor: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=nav_sap_mas_15_08_13_August_Bundle?ie=UTF8&node=10076151011

Holy poo poo this is a pro click. Just grabbed like 25 things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

OK, so Mr Handy will not use the elevators on his own? That's balls. Welp, guess I'm rearranging my vault so that everything that's important is on one floor... for now.