Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I love the lost city of amdapor, the music is chill af and it's pretty laid back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I loved Lost City. It reminded me a lot of Oolacile from Dark Souls.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Tam Tara Hard is the best dungeon in this game and everything about it is perfect

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Anyone really hankering for the Realm Reborn soundtrack BR and want to do a cost-split on it? I really want the minion but absolutely don't need any more physical stuff cluttering up my living space.

Willing to go 30(me)/20(you) on it since I'm bad with money anyway. :retrogames:

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

[...], starting at 2.2 with an accelerated release schedule until they catch up.
They don't plan something like this for the EU servers, do they?
Come to think of it, is there any concrete info out there about the switch? Like free transfers, completely new servers, current servers moved over? Thing happens in october and I wanna know more!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Pretty sure they're just gonna relocate the physical location of the EU servers, no other changes.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

nene. posted:

Hey do you still have room for a DPS? I would love to get my coil clear (and help others). I'm a 60 BLM around i147 right now I think. Hopefully I can join yall or at least maybe be a backup if you are full. My in game name is Cube Eightynine.

Hey, I'll add you in-game once I get the chance.

On that note, it's kind of dumb that you can't send friend invites to people who are offline... why is that exactly? I imagine it's a relic of 1.0?

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

BattleCake posted:

Hey, I'll add you in-game once I get the chance.

On that note, it's kind of dumb that you can't send friend invites to people who are offline... why is that exactly? I imagine it's a relic of 1.0?

To make it more difficult to send things between alts?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's because friending is reciprocal.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Yeah, but you can let the friend request sit there for a while before accepting or declining. Or does it not persist through login/logout?

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

It's because friending is reciprocal.

Well in most MMOs I've played, you can send them an invite even if they're aren't online, and they can accept/decline at their leisure when they see it, much more convenient.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

BattleCake posted:

We're at 4/8 so far! Posting one more time, looking for DPS and Healers.

Hey I'd love to jump in as a healer. I did turn 1 in 2.0 and haven't touched coil since. I'm probably not able to get on tonight but send Jelly Queen a friend request tomorrow if you got a spot :shobon:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
There was a guide posted in here or ffgoons, for setting up ACT. Anyone has the url saved?

Yesterday someone said I was 2nd dps in a2, and I wanna see for myself. I was under the impression that my dps was trash.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

BattleCake posted:

I wouldn't mind doing this as a healer, depending on the schedule.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Wooze posted:

They don't plan something like this for the EU servers, do they?
Come to think of it, is there any concrete info out there about the switch? Like free transfers, completely new servers, current servers moved over? Thing happens in october and I wanna know more!

They're just transferring the existing servers and data on the Chaos data center (the current "EU recommended" servers) from their current location in Canada to a new one in Europe. They haven't said anything about offering transfers from other data centers' servers yet, and I don't think there's any new servers planned.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

BattleCake posted:

I'd be down for this, DPS preferably but I can do whatever. I'm in Australia though so times might be an issue. Pinky Pavlova in game if you wanna send an invite/friend request/ERP or whatever.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

New sits in 3.1!

http://blog.livedoor.jp/umadori0726/archives/45918969.html

They didn't show Roegadude and Roegadame sits though.

Fister Roboto posted:

I loved Lost City. It reminded me a lot of Oolacile from Dark Souls.

yea Lost City's probably among my fav 2.1-2.5 dungeons, probably alongside Tamtara Hard, Stone Vigil Hard and Snowcloak

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Lost City is outstanding and a great place to feature Diabolos for the main boss.

I really want to see the patch dungeons end up with hard modes in the future. I want a Hullbreaker, Snowcloak and Lost City remix very badly.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

The Chairman posted:

They're just transferring the existing servers and data on the Chaos data center (the current "EU recommended" servers) from their current location in Canada to a new one in Europe. They haven't said anything about offering transfers from other data centers' servers yet, and I don't think there's any new servers planned.
That's interesting if they keep all of them 'international' aka english speaking. Regular procedure is to split the clusters up in a EFIGS-way, no? I remember Nexon starting Vindictus EU more ore less for the huge german market with the rest of Europe an afterthought. Not at least splitting them up into different languages sounds like a wasted opportunity to really profit of a potential new costumer base.
Or did the EU servers evolve into THE french server, THE spanish server and so on anyway? I have no clue, playing on NA myself right now.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Lost City is outstanding and a great place to feature Diabolos for the main boss.

I really want to see the patch dungeons end up with hard modes in the future. I want a Hullbreaker, Snowcloak and Lost City remix very badly.

I want an HM that is you in a better dungeon that features a scenic view of Hullbreaker on fire from a distance

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I'm guessing they will reuse them because it'll be a drat shame if they dont. A lot of work went into designing these dungeons and if they have the same 2 old dungeons get turned into hard modes and a new dungeon gets added patch paradigm they need to use them.

I also want a savage crystal tower. :getin:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I didn't enjoy Lost City very much, but I've only run it once. I'll bet it's more fun when I know the mechanics ahead of time.

Hullbreaker was alright, but again, I only ran it once, and somebody else was doing the puzzle stuff. The boss fight was pretty fun - maybe that platform-hopping business is worse if you're not a DPS?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Hullbreaker is fine, I have no idea why people hate it.

Lost City is the best music+dungeon combo. It's pure Nausicaa.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is there an easiest way to farm alexanderite? Also I may or may not have skipped all cinematics from level 47 until where I am at the level 52 storyline quest. How many hours of cinematic time am I looking at trying to catch back up?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Several hours' worth.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Emalde posted:

Anyone really hankering for the Realm Reborn soundtrack BR and want to do a cost-split on it? I really want the minion but absolutely don't need any more physical stuff cluttering up my living space.

Willing to go 30(me)/20(you) on it since I'm bad with money anyway. :retrogames:

Before you jump, double-check that the minion is still available, because I'm almost positive it's not. They were only included in the first runs of discs.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
What I really pray for in 3.X is that they just keep every level 60 dungeon in the expert rotation and use ilvl-sync to keep them 'hard', because there's always that point a month or so into a patch when you just get totally loving sick of the same two/three dungeons in the EXDR no matter how nice the music is.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 14, 2015

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Pierson posted:

What I really pray for in 3.X is that they just keep every level 60 dungeon in the expert rotation and use ilvl-sync to keep them 'hard', because there's always that point a month or so into a patch when you just get totally loving sick of the same two/three dungeons in the EXDR no matter how nice the music is.

Totally agreed. I'd rather have a spread of 15-20 dungeons to do in EXDR, even if they're older ones, than doing Neverreap and Fractal every dang day. It's also a nice use of content that might otherwise not really see the light of day very frequently.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I finished WoD last night, so the last thing on my checklist of pre-HW content is Bahamut.

EDIT: And even if I'm a little late to the endgame I do agree that new Expert Roulette dungeons can't come soon enough.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

Korean-version exclusive outfits.

I am mad about this.

Wow. I am actually just a little bit sad that my catgirl will never get to wear this pretty dress.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I'm finding that I rarely do exdr anymore. Usually between Alexander runs and Frontlines roulette I don't really have to do them to cap for the week.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Korean-version exclusive outfits.

I am mad about this.

Aw man, I want that hat. :(

If I switch my language to Korean will it somehow fool them?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Aw man, I want that hat. :(

If I switch my language to Korean will it somehow fool them?

short answer: no

long answer: no, and how do you have such a poor loving grasp of what "separate, segregated servers" means

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

RC Cola posted:

Is there an easiest way to farm alexanderite? Also I may or may not have skipped all cinematics from level 47 until where I am at the level 52 storyline quest. How many hours of cinematic time am I looking at trying to catch back up?

As noted, several hours' worth, and that's for the cutscenes you can replay at all. There are some that the book in the inn just doesn't include (such as Tataru's adventures with arcanima), and it never includes any of the "stand and chat without going into full-on cutscene mode" stuff.

General rule of thumb going forward - if you're going to want to watch the cutscenes sooner or later, just watch them when you get to them. Possible exception for cutscenes during duties (the book in the inn is very consistent about having all of those, and party members can get antsy). Max level content will still be there when you get there.

As for alexandrite, your options are basically the daily quest, grinding old hunt seals, grinding poetics (I think), and trying for RNG drops from fates. Take your pick.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

sword_man.gif posted:

short answer: no

long answer: no, and how do you have such a poor loving grasp of what "separate, segregated servers" means

Calm down friend. It was a joke.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Nipponophile posted:

Before you jump, double-check that the minion is still available, because I'm almost positive it's not. They were only included in the first runs of discs.

There are a few left on Amazon with the minion code.

KoB
May 1, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

I finished WoD last night, so the last thing on my checklist of pre-HW content is Bahamut.

EDIT: And even if I'm a little late to the endgame I do agree that new Expert Roulette dungeons can't come soon enough.

Yeah, havent capped my esos the past week or two because i just dont want to run them anymore.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!
So I think I'm confused and I didn't see it in the op. I have a 50 but never finished the story. If I buy the expansion right now. Do I have access to anything new? Or just a waste of money until I've done everything available in the main story?

Sorry I couldn't find anything other than people talking about the new storyline, where my question is more about the class unlocks.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

TokenTrevor posted:

So I think I'm confused and I didn't see it in the op. I have a 50 but never finished the story. If I buy the expansion right now. Do I have access to anything new? Or just a waste of money until I've done everything available in the main story?
You can Fantasia into an Au Ra, get EXP past 50 pre-HW content... that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You can hit like level 54 by doing the 2.0-2.55 story which lets you skip a ton of sidequesting in Heavensward.

• Locked thread