Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Myron Baloney posted:

[quote="Joementum" post="448945052"]
https://vine.co/v/edXbvrwdpgE

Describing his plan for nuclear weapons and Central Europe California

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nessus posted:

Whaaaat? But that implies the Clintons WEREN'T entirely corrupt, Joe - that can't be right!

I think it was that they had more friends than the state government had jobs.

Unrelated: Tom Harkin just endorsed Hillary.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

I can't not hear BAWK BAWK BAWK BAWK chicken sounds.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Have any of you even seen a chicken?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

OctoberBlues posted:

Let's all imagine a world where Al Gore became president after the 2000 election and where Lieberman is just now finishing his second term after winning in 2008 and 2012...

The Middle East is even more hosed because President Lieberman doesbombs whatever Israel tells him?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

President Trump reenacts the GOP Primary Debates.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

whydirt posted:

Seen one? Hell, I've choked one. :downsrim:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

whydirt posted:

I eat at KFC all that time.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Joementum posted:

I think it was that they had more friends than the state government had jobs.

Unrelated: Tom Harkin just endorsed Hillary.

Also unrelated, Hillary helped Harkin's daughter land a job at State in 2010 in a highly competitive sub-department.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

whydirt posted:

It helps if you watch it without sound--he just looks like he's going "BockBockBock"

Or if you're chinese, "BokBokBok"

GalacticAcid posted:

Also unrelated, Hillary helped Harkin's daughter land a job at State in 2010 in a highly competitive sub-department.

Entirely unrelated, I'm sure.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

whydirt posted:

I petted one once. On a farm. That I worked at.

Yes I've seen a chicken.

:bernget:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

euphronius posted:

Joe Libermann was so infuriating.

Was?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

whydirt posted:

Yes. I had a pet bantam ornamental chicken

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

he's been out of office for over two years now

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he's been out of office for over two years now

He's still vaguely in the public eye though, making regular appearances with Graham and McCain to argue against the Iran deal.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

GalacticAcid posted:

Nepotism is now most people get decent jobs. Its just how it is.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

euphronius posted:

Dear god we have five and a half months to go.

This is from almost 10 pages ago, but no, we have over a year to go.
As far as I can tell, this General election is shaping up to be as entertaining as any primary.

Last time we had unskewed polls. What do we get this time?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

OctoberBlues posted:

Let's all imagine a world where Al Gore became president after the 2000 election and where Lieberman is just now finishing his second term after winning in 2008 and 2012...

I never really thought about why it was good Gore lost. I forgot that rear end in a top hat was his running mate.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Pohl posted:

I never really thought about why it was good Gore lost. I forgot that rear end in a top hat was his running mate.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Cheney vs Lieberman
Whoever wins, we lose.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Good thing Dubya didn't finish choking out on that pretzel :shepicide:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

whydirt posted:

I lived on a farm so I've seen live ones and a whole coop full of dead ones slaughtered by a single raccoon.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
the chicken thing was an Arrested Development joke, no one cares about chickens

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Pet Rock Band posted:

*Punches the inside of my hand* Looks like we got a bourgeoisie here, boys.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The AVClub actually lists Death and Taxes as the source
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/259339/bernie-sanders-meets-curb-your-enthusiasm/

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Welp, what the hell was I thinking? :v:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Pet Rock Band posted:

I care about chickens, chickens are awesome. They have really cool personalities and make great pets.

They also taste great.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Pohl posted:

I care about chickens, chickens are awesome. They have really cool personalities and make great pets.

They also taste great.

you can't say that about just any pet!

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

AssassinPrincess posted:

you can't say that about just any pet!

Turkeys and Cows are in general really stupid. Chickens are like feathered cats and dogs. They are seriously fun to have around when they are domesticated.
Pigs are really fun too. As well as tasty.

Except this cow, this cow is a pimp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5H7uMq3mS8

Pohl fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Aug 14, 2015

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Pigs are super-smart. If this were a just world, we'd all be eating dog instead of pork.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

midnightclimax posted:

Pigs are super-smart. If this were a just world, we'd all be eating dog instead of pork.
Dogs look up to you. Cats look down on you. Pigs? Pigs look you right in the eyes.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

midnightclimax posted:

Eh, dogs are more useful, especially for a semi-nomadic tribesman, which describes the majority of human history. They can do a wide variety of chores a pig can't, in addition to being a protein source. Most a pig can do is just eat garbage for you, which is more useful in an urban environment, but dogs will do that too. Still, I have heard that they are tasty. Lewis wrote in his journals that many of the expedition preferred dog, even to venison, salmon, and horse meat.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pohl posted:

Turkeys and Cows are in general really stupid. Chickens are like feathered cats and dogs. They are seriously fun to have around when they are domesticated.
Pigs are really fun too. As well as tasty.

Except this cow, this cow is a pimp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5H7uMq3mS8

My friend who raised chickens constantly complained that they were as dumb as a sack of bricks, now I don't know what to believe.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

sullat posted:

Eh, dogs are more useful, especially for a semi-nomadic tribesman, which describes the majority of human history. They can do a wide variety of chores a pig can't, in addition to being a protein source. Most a pig can do is just eat garbage for you, which is more useful in an urban environment, but dogs will do that too. Still, I have heard that they are tasty. Lewis wrote in his journals that many of the expedition preferred dog, even to venison, salmon, and horse meat.

I think it was the Everest thread that taught me to never eat dog liver. It will kill you.
loving dogs.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

midnightclimax posted:

Pigs are intelligent enough to learn to play simple arcade-style video games without any external input, besides giving food for passing levels.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

My friend who raised chickens constantly complained that they were as dumb as a sack of bricks, now I don't know what to believe.

Their brain is the size of a piece of gravel but they are really friendly and fun. They are also stupid as gently caress.
No reason to be confused.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Der Kyhe posted:

Pigs are intelligent enough to learn to play simple arcade-style video games without any external input, besides giving food for passing levels.

I often think if I had to give up on the meat I eat, it would be pork.

drat that is almost poetry. lol.
But seriously, pigs are awesome.

Edit: Some serious typos there

Pohl fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 14, 2015

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Der Kyhe posted:

This post along with your avatar is making my night.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 14, 2015

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

JT Jag posted:

Dogs look up to you. Cats look down on you. Pigs? Pigs look you right in the eyes.

Cats are just loving assholes. I have 2 cats, I love them, and they are dicks. gently caress them.
I want a dog. I grew up with cats and I love my cats but they are just little loving forms of angst.
I have enough of my own angst, I don't need two actual physical forms that push it in my face at 6am.

loving cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Ok, back to serious time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/14/liberal-ex-senator-tom-harkin-endorses-clinton-amid-sanders-surge/

I'm posting it this way because the headline is something special.

quote:

Liberal ex-senator Tom Harkin endorses Clinton amid Sanders surge

Go gently caress yourself Harkin. Lol, Liberal.

Edit: The internet is telling me he was a progessive candidate. Am I wrong for remembering him being a centrist at best?

Yeah, I was wrong.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Aug 14, 2015

• Locked thread