Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

redbackground posted:

Next Tuesday.

edit: New Arkham Insider showing the '89 racetracks.

edit2: I take that back, the video is 80% Robin fighting an AR Challenge in an enclosed space wheeee. Just stop watching when it starts, not a single interesting thing happens for the rest of the video.

edit3: added an apostrophe for poptart_fairy's sanity

edit4: The Keatonmobile kind of looks more like a tiny plastic toy than I was expecting.

seems like you probaly cant use the keatonmobile out side the track. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Norns posted:

If a videogame litterly gave you blow jobs some of you cats would still be unhappy.

nah it's more because the dlc for this game is loving garbage tier, hth

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

redbackground posted:

Joke's on you, I won't be able to play it anyway until the DLC unlocked on PC!

:negative:

:hf:

Computer players are getting seriously boned. What the gently caress.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Would you prefer they rush out more poo poo to buy before fixing the game?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

Would you prefer they rush out more poo poo to buy before fixing the game?

Yep, actually, I'd prefer they'd just release it as is because my game runs fine.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
So it's just "gently caress you got mine" then, okay you're loving stupid.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
To be fair all of the pre-order stuff at least was available to PC players who pre-ordered at launch, so it all exists on PC already but they still haven't released that stuff for season pass owners. They wouldn't have to actually do anything, they just need to flip a switch somewhere to make it available. And I doubt implementing any of the new skins takes that much work either, it's not like there's better textures or anything in the PC port as it currently exists.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

thats an even bigger number!!

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

So it's just "gently caress you got mine" then, okay you're loving stupid.

It's not really, but OK.

There are performance issues. The odds of there being specific performance issues unique to each bit of DLC are low at best.

Why not just release the poo poo that's already out for consoles, and let people play it like they've been playing the main game?

If and when they fix the main game, presumably those fixes will affect the DLC too.

Double you're loving stupid on you.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

seems like you probaly cant use the keatonmobile out side the track. :(
I think you may be able to, actually.

WB Games Guy posted:

"The Keaton batsuit will be playable in the game immediately once the player has it. "

"All Batmobiles except for the Jokermobile are available for use in story mode. We hope this helps you make your decision, and continue to enjoy the game."

Thank you,

Gregory.H
WB Games Support

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The Jokermobile ban is probably, as mentioned earlier, a block on spoilers like the weird endgame streaming block. It's logical that that policy wouldn't apply to the Keatonmobile.

...What are the odds of a Joker challenge pack?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

The Jokermobile ban is probably, as mentioned earlier, a block on spoilers like the weird endgame streaming block. It's logical that that policy wouldn't apply to the Keatonmobile.

That doesn't really make any sense considering you can stream past those specific sequences where Every single line of dialogue is about Bruce Wayne getting his identity revealed. It'd be weird to block effectively a meaningless spoiler out of context but not way way way more significant spoilers.

I mean the spoiler block is dumb anyway but by the time you can access that skin anything you stream is going to be spoiling the game.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Joe Gillian posted:

They're doing an incredibly lovely job of getting people excited by not showing any footage of this (I have no idea why this wasn't even mentioned in that Insider. I mean, this is the first Insider in how long and they think 8 minutes of Robin fighting is what everyone was really wanting to see...?) or even confirming it themselves over twitter/on their forums with three days to go. Like, if you can go hog wild blasting through the entire city, that should be up front and center, not something that a dude had to send a support ticket to find out. It's so weird. You would think they'd at least show a few shots of Keaton Batman punching some dudes!

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 14, 2015

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Just beat the game. Really rock solid, certainly. I liked the ending a lot and in general I think it marks a fairly fitting conclusion to Rocksteady's take on Batman while leaving the story open to new possibilities, if other studios want to take the license somewhere.

I just want to say that I called the Arkham Knight's identity from the very beginning and was utterly nonplussed at the reveal, but it grew on me as I ruminated a bit. I actually kind of dig that Rocksteady went ahead and just wrote their own version of the Red Hood storyline. It wasn't a retelling or an adapatation, it was them taking the same basic concept--Jason Todd returns as a vilalin--and just doing their own thing with robots and drones. I was particularly pleased to see one of my favorite newer Batman villains, Professor Pyg to make an appearance, and thought that he was pretty creepy and well done.

I like the tone these games set. For good or ill, they feel distinctively like Batman video games and not just...well, it just feels like they were designed with gameplay first and foremost in mind, for a large part, and that came to reflect itself in the story. I love them casting the Riddler as a sort of psychotic video game designer who hates the people who pay his games. It's amusing, and I feel it's best captured in this game than all the others.

It's hard to put a finger on which of the Arkham games I like the most overall. I think Asylum will always be what I consider to be the "ideal" Batman game. You don't really need an open world, despite how immersive it is to actually patrol the rooftops as the Caped Crusader. But I liked the focused, dense environment, and the gameplay and story seemed to flow naturally and effectively from the strong art direction of the set pieces. Still, any one of them could easily be pointed at and described as "the ultimate Batman game".

And, for whatever it is worth, I liked the Batmobile, and thought it controlled and handled quite nicely overall, even if it is shoe-horned into practically everything. Still, I'd rather be actively using it than to let it be restricted only to scripted cinematic moments or minigames.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

ImpAtom posted:

That doesn't really make any sense considering you can stream past those specific sequences where Every single line of dialogue is about Bruce Wayne getting his identity revealed. It'd be weird to block effectively a meaningless spoiler out of context but not way way way more significant spoilers.

I mean the spoiler block is dumb anyway but by the time you can access that skin anything you stream is going to be spoiling the game.

Oh, I agree it's dumb and makes no sense, but it's content from the ending section that they were blocking more generally. So whatever wrongheaded rationale was the basis for that block was probably also the basis for removing the Jokermobile from general play.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Anyone free to Share Play my Arkham Knight and get me through this stupid... excavator section? That's what share play is designed for right?!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Funny you guys mentioned the game's streaming blocks to avoid spoilering the storyline.

DC has announced two new figures exclusive to gamestop, Battle Damaged Batman and Red Hood 1.0 (Jason on the Arkham Knight armor and the red helmet) :v:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

MZ posted:

Anyone free to Share Play my Arkham Knight and get me through this stupid... excavator section? That's what share play is designed for right?!

I sent you a PM.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

"I don't think this looks very fun. It lacks oomph and really doesn't live up to my expectations."

""WELL I GUESS YOU'RE NEVER HAPPY."

You've obviously not been keeping track of Minibar's progressive meltdown over the course of the thread.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Any Batman game that makes me absolutely loathe driving the Batmobile is doing something wrong.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

poptart_fairy posted:

You've obviously not been keeping track of Minibar's progressive meltdown over the course of the thread.
Kinda like the Arkham Knight's progressive meltdown over the course of the game. Hmmmmm...I wonder if they're related... :iiam:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

VolticSurge posted:

Kinda like the Arkham Knight's progressive meltdown over the course of the game. Hmmmmm...I wonder if they're related... :iiam:

Well they both invested a ton of money into something that had no guarantee of paying off. :v:

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Pirate Jet posted:

I sent you a PM.

Thanks, sorry I missed it at the time!

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Joe Gillian posted:

How is that even going to work?

I mean, I'm thrilled that the Keatonmobile is apparently drivable in story mode but it just seems like a lot of effort for a relatively small DLC (the tank mode, for example)

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I really don't have much to go on beside that WB rep. I'd love to imagine that the car moves in tank mode as if it has a million tiny wheels underneath it.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just finished the main storyline and all quests, except for riddlers trophies, on PC. Took about 35 hours since I didn't rush to blow through the quests. Still a ton of challenges left and hopefully that's where I'll find more chances to play the predator mode. There were a few sections where the tank felt like it was forced in but overall I enjoyed it and used it a lot to get around. I was lucky enough to run into an in-game issue/fps problem only once in my entire playthrough (at the very last bit of the cloudburst tank fight where the core is revealed). Otherwise, it played rock solid using a 980 ti/ g-sync monitor. Unfortunate that it'll be the last one since I really enjoyed the series. I might do a New Game + once the patches come out for PC and if 60 FPS becomes available.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Joe Gillian posted:

I really don't have much to go on beside that WB rep. I'd love to imagine that the car moves in tank mode as if it has a million tiny wheels underneath it.
FYI, Sefton came out and said that it will only be available once all the drone tanks are gone.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Aug 17, 2015

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I suppose that makes sense. Getting rid of all the ambient tanks leaves only the winch to access the other optional tank stuff, which will be effectively removed completely as a function. Not a bad concession, I guess.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

redbackground posted:

FYI, Sefton came out and said that it will only be available once all the drone tanks are gone.

Wait, so eventually in the story drone tanks stop spawning? (Still early in the game)

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Nckdictator posted:

Wait, so eventually in the story drone tanks stop spawning? (Still early in the game)

There's a finite amount of them, yes. As you go through the story, more get added to the streets, but eventually you will have destroyed them all.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of which I just realized you're meant to glide onto the flying drones not just shoot them from the ground. :psyduck:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

poptart_fairy posted:

Speaking of which I just realized you're meant to glide onto the flying drones not just shoot them from the ground. :psyduck:

Wait, really?gently caress that noise.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

poptart_fairy posted:

It's super annoying to do it, especially since you have to be looking at the drone to detonate it, so you're either trying to wrangle the camera to look up as you fall, or else have to climb back up to a rooftop to be close enough to set it off. Shooting them ends up being a lot easier assuming you can get the angle to line up.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Crappy Jack posted:

It's super annoying to do it, especially since you have to be looking at the drone to detonate it, so you're either trying to wrangle the camera to look up as you fall, or else have to climb back up to a rooftop to be close enough to set it off. Shooting them ends up being a lot easier assuming you can get the angle to line up.

Shooting the with the batmobile, or the rec gun? I've always just plummeted on the, which is just as annoying as tackling Man-Bat

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

:psyduck: I've never had any problems with gliding onto them and popping them with explosive gel. It didn't even occur to me to shoot them from the ground with the Batmobile.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

CuwiKhons posted:

:psyduck: I've never had any problems with gliding onto them and popping them with explosive gel. It didn't even occur to me to shoot them from the ground with the Batmobile.

Right?

Also the Man Bat poo poo was trivially easy.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

CuwiKhons posted:

It never occurred to me to not shoot them with the Batmobile. So your mileage may vary!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Don't you literally HAVE to climb onto one of the drones for a story mission?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

CuwiKhons posted:

...with the Batmobile.

Shoot...with the Batmobile? That's apparently a thing?

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

Don't you literally HAVE to climb onto one of the drones for a story mission?

Yes

• Locked thread