Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
The pubbies have to be wondering: what will Cryptic do for a Klondike Bar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
When you see the boogeyman in every closet you don't need a rational reason to justify your fear.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Fan-loving-tastic.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DancingShade posted:

When you see the boogeyman in every closet you don't need a rational reason to justify your fear.

If they'd just get accounts here they wouldn't see it as often.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh geez this is a lot of character customization

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

Oh geez this is a lot of character customization

Probably the best part of the game design. Not enough games let you have the freedom to mess with your character to that level.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

yeah that looks like a dude who'd be in a bad season 2 TNG episode my work's done here

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Blockhouse posted:

yeah that looks like a dude who'd be in a bad season 2 TNG episode my work's done here

You do realize you can go balls out insane and don't have to make do with the budget of the TV show when creating aliens which I believe was roughly the cost of a sandwich. Because that's what Darth Maul would've looked like on that budget. Actually scratch that, Darth Maul is what Darth Maul would've looked like on that budget. Which is pretty sad if you think about it. Still though, go nuts with your aliens. Be a Butts or whatever.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Aug 14, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Morglon posted:

You do realize you can go balls out insane and don't have to make do with the budget of the TV show when creating aliens which I believe was roughly the cost of a sandwich. Because that's what Darth Maul would've looked like on that budget. Actually scratch that, Darth Maul is what Darth Maul would've looked like on that budget. Which is pretty sad if you think about it. Still though, go nuts with your aliens. Be a Butts or whatever.

I was thinking about it but I just really like the idea of making a dude you'd actually see on TV

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Comes back two days later to prove just how little he cares.

Edit: For those that can't see, he made sure to leave all his comments under his toon name "Sera Ivey," but he liked all the posts using his real "Treavor Calkum" account, meaning he must have been regularly checking that thread on two different facebook accounts.

Editx2: And this. Remember: He TOTALLY doesn't care at all, guys.

And I'll leave you with this:

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 14, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
reyan01 wrote: »
That is the most obnoxious signature I've ever seen.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

And I'll leave you with this:

He's so dreamy :swoon:.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

reyan01 wrote: »
That is the most obnoxious signature I've ever seen.

And like two posts down some pubbie reported it to the mods.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Something I noticed when doing the new Mission. The borg don't Adapt to the Chroniton Split Beam Rifle.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tuskin38 posted:

Something I noticed when doing the new Mission. The borg don't Adapt to the Chroniton Split Beam Rifle.

The borg in that mission weren't adapting to my phaser pistol. I think they just don't adapt to the player.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MikeJF posted:

The borg in that mission weren't adapting to my phaser pistol. I think they just don't adapt to the player.

One of them adapted to my iconian rainbow rifle once.

I think it's just that they die so fast they don't get a chance.

It took me a while to figure out the ground mechanics and actually put together a good ground thing to make the iconian FEs not extremely frustrating and time consuming, and I think it's OP for normal content like Borg.

Anyway while the run from console to console part of the mission sucked, it was cool to fight and steamroller actual star trek stuff.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

MikeJF posted:

They were adapting to my weapons last night. Had to use the frequency modulator like I would in any Borg stuff.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

quote:

captainmal3 wrote: »
So the devs are now thanking the known trolls rather than banning them as they should be. It was bad enough when they turned a blind eye. Well, there goes what little respect for them I had left, shame.

quote:

Pretty much. And just when it seemed like they were wising up too.

Ah well. As the saying goes, ye reap what ye sow. Good thing there are other games to play.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9500383-star-trek-online%3A-new-dawn-giveaway!

Final Promotion... TWO FREE SHIP SLUTS slots!for one character

edit: Looks like Cryptic messed up and removed the announcement and the ship tokens and extended the Spec point giveaway. :lol:

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 14, 2015

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

It keeps coming!

quote:

Starfleet Douchers. A truckload of Klondike bars can't wipe away their stench.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Ok since I'm one of the probably 3 people or dogs on this planet that does not have a Facebook or Twitter or any sort of social media presence, whats the context on this Dev/Klondike stuff ? One of you actually sneak up to the door of Cryptic's office and leave a Lockbox of stuff for them ?

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
No, the box that was left contained a klondike bar every time you opened it and cost nothing. Distinguishing it from a real lockbox.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The racist woman haters at sto reddit shadow banned my post? Thread? Reddit? Because they have a very serious rule about making posts with links to the official sto forum, so I made another one, if yins want to go give it your dilithium or whatever.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3h035s/starfleet_dental_visita_cryptic_hq/

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MREBoy posted:

Ok since I'm one of the probably 3 people or dogs on this planet that does not have a Facebook or Twitter or any sort of social media presence, whats the context on this Dev/Klondike stuff ? One of you actually sneak up to the door of Cryptic's office and leave a Lockbox of stuff for them ?

One of the cryptic devs is friends with oats and invited them as his guests.

He flew to California and met up with butts, and the two of them went to the studio and gave the devs dental supplies such as floss, tooth brushes, and tooth paste, as well as the Klondike bars, and got to meet everyone and see everything.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

hakimashou posted:

He flew to California and met up with butts, and the two of them went to the studio and gave the devs dental supplies such as floss, tooth brushes, and tooth paste, as well as the Klondike bars, and got to meet everyone and see everything.

So they got legit invited through the front door & had schmooz time with people there, no wonder the pubs are losing their poo poo :haw:. Sounds good to me.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/632254048985452544?s=17

Butts you might have to go to PWE HQ and give trendy sunglasses

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

This is wonderful. Hail Butts.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Morrigan (@LaughingTrendy) tweeted at 11:41am - 14 Aug 15:

@repetitiveepic Can I get a badge for when I used to fly around in a swarm? Maybe make it look like a bee?
#walksamongus (https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/632260694902046720?s=17)

Trendy is an eve goon?

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

hakimashou posted:

Morrigan (@LaughingTrendy) tweeted at 11:41am - 14 Aug 15:

@repetitiveepic Can I get a badge for when I used to fly around in a swarm? Maybe make it look like a bee?
#walksamongus (https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/632260694902046720?s=17)

Trendy is an eve goon?

Lol, Trendy was in Goonswarm. This is epic news.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Going to have to cancel her RMT pension now that she's violated her goon NDA.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Da Mott Man posted:

Lol, Trendy was in Goonswarm. This is epic news.

She'll see everything! She'll see the big board!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Berke Negri posted:

Going to have to cancel her RMT pension now that she's violated her goon NDA.

Also, no cut of the profits when we sell xean's personal info to our underworld contacts.

Rip beach house for trendy.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

Also, no cut of the profits when we sell xean's personal info to our underworld contacts.

Rip beach house for trendy.

Free Nbreeki. Free Butts. The first steps on the path to redemption, Trendy! Like the biblical father welcoming his prodigal son home after so many years away, we too await you with open arms. But there must be atonement!

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

hakimashou posted:

She'll see everything! She'll see the big board!

Gentlemen! Please stop fighting. This is the war room!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Oh my.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

And like two posts down some pubbie reported it to the mods.

For some strange reason my signature was deleted and I got my forum settings reset to hide all sigs. I couldn't find any official communication from mods or anyone in my inbox or email so this was clearly a bug and I've put my signature back on. The new forums over there are terrible.

VVVVV Wow rude

Korgan fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 14, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Korgan posted:

For some strange reason my signature was deleted and I got my forum settings reset to hide all sigs. I couldn't find any official communication from mods or anyone in my inbox or email so this was clearly a bug and I've put my signature back on. The new forums over there are terrible.

Much like your posting :smugdog:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I get Iconian Rep 4 tomorrow and can get buy the parts for a three set, deflector, shields and engines I think. What should I work towards after that? I know Fleet Consoles are good but I only have 10k fleet credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DataDyne
Oct 6, 2005

Happy as a birb can be.

Carecat posted:

I get Iconian Rep 4 tomorrow and can get buy the parts for a three set, deflector, shields and engines I think. What should I work towards after that? I know Fleet Consoles are good but I only have 10k fleet credit.

Pretty sure shield is Rep 5 so you should build the warp core or singularity core if you have enough, as when upgraded it can get amp which is good. I believe you just want the entire Iconian set but I may be wrong about 3 or 4 piece.

• Locked thread