Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kojima is not the guy to run a kickstarter, his ideas are way too grand and ambitious to ever run off of a crowdfunding budget. Hopefully one of the big japanese development studios who still make things will give him a shot, but when you think MGS5 has cost $80M to date and the largest videogame kickstarter has made $6M I really can't see him him having a good time working under those conditions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Kojima is not the guy to run a kickstarter, his ideas are way too grand and ambitious to ever run off of a crowdfunding budget. Hopefully one of the big japanese development studios who still make things will give him a shot, but when you think MGS5 has cost $80M to date and the largest videogame kickstarter has made $6M I really can't see him him having a good time working under those conditions

Very, very few professional games get all their funding through kickstarter. They are usually done to prove to a publisher that there's an audience and reduce the amount of money they're going to have to ask for.

Kojima would get some criticism if he made a kickstarter because many of his games end up a highly reduced versions of his plan. That said, he could definitely get the funding he'd request.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

ThatPazuzu posted:

Very, very few professional games get all their funding through kickstarter. They are usually done to prove to a publisher that there's an audience and reduce the amount of money they're going to have to ask for.

Kojima would get some criticism if he made a kickstarter because many of his games end up a highly reduced versions of his plan. That said, he could definitely get the funding he'd request.

So Molyneux and Chris Roberts, those two got funded besides that being the case so Kickstarter would be just the place for him to go, people eat that poo poo up.

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature

ThatPazuzu posted:

Kojima would get some criticism if he made a kickstarter because many of his games end up a highly reduced versions of his plan.

This is very common in the games industry. poo poo planned for ingame gets dropped all the time, though most companies are smart enough to not mention any of it until they know its for sure going to be in.

Personally I could see Kojima starting a Kickstarter, but with his reputation I don't think it would be necessary.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

I personally can't wait for Kojima's eventual Kickstarter when MGSV is released and he drops Konami like a rock.

kojima doesn't use kickstarter, he's good at his job

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ThatPazuzu posted:

this is the dumbest loving thing I have seen in the last week

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

this is the dumbest loving thing I have seen in the last week

Neat trick. You must not read your own posts.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

flosofl posted:

Neat trick. You must not read your own posts.

I'm an illiterate magician

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I am a great magician. Your title is red!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

flosofl posted:

This is what I use:
http://www.saddlebackleather.com/frontpocketidwallet
ID card slot. Room for one Credit Card in the front. Up to 4 in the back, and my medical insurance card in the middle. It's appreciably smaller than a Bi- or Tri-fold wallet.

Mine is on year number.... 3? now, and the ID slot is starting to tear, but I bet it will hold up for another year at least.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wendigee posted:

Mine is on year number.... 3? now, and the ID slot is starting to tear, but I bet it will hold up for another year at least.

Really? I've had mine for 5 years with no tears in the seams or rips in the leather. I'd definitely hit up the service department, since all their goods have a 100 year warranty. I have one of their briefcases too, and besides looking worn and knocked up the way leather does, it's still as sturdy as ever. They call it heirloom quality, and I believe it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

flosofl posted:

Really? I've had mine for 5 years with no tears in the seams or rips in the leather. I'd definitely hit up the service department, since all their goods have a 100 year warranty. I have one of their briefcases too, and besides looking worn and knocked up the way leather does, it's still as sturdy as ever. They call it heirloom quality, and I believe it.

he was making fun of you, you stupid rear end

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
your wallet is a ugly piece of poo poo

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

YWUPOS

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Sorry if this has been posted already. Otherkin who claim to be vampires want to make a 'blood substitute' for other fake vampires. They want 666 USD!

Gofundme page posted:

As a Vampire in need of blood, I know how hard it is to obtain the real thing without a donor to extract from. That's why I have a solution: BloodLust! The Real tasting, authentic feeling blood substitute for the Vampire Hoard! Two kinds will be available: Non-caffeinated. (Type O) and Caffeinated (Type O+). If you or a fellow vampire/vampkin feels the need to feed on a realistic tasting blood, then look no further!

How? Do they have some industrial kitchen to cook up this concoction? Will is be safe to ship? What is in it? Can they assure people it won't arrive molding and spoiled? Who knows, who cares? Let's not post any info on the gofundme page.

quote:

Anonymous asked: What stage of production is bloodlust in? Is there any information you can release in advance on the ingredients or anything at all?

Answer: "All we are going to say is that, it will include all the elements of real blood (Iron, a bit of salt, protein..) There might be a bit of a wait, but trust me, once the sample vials are sent out, it’s going to be great!"
http://bloodlustofficial.tumblr.com/post/126624155863/what-stage-of-production-is-bloodlust-in-is-there

Oh no wait, they do have a really obscure product list, you just havve to force it out of them.

quote:

anonymous asked: Are you going to release a list of ingredients for those with food allergies?

Answer: "We will state a warning now:
If you are allergic to:
Iron
Protein (Whey Protein)
Food dye
corn syrup
Or salt
DON’T BUY BLOODLUST"
http://bloodlustofficial.tumblr.com/post/126624992443/are-you-going-to-release-a-list-of-ingredients-for

quote:

anonymous asked: Hi there. I am super interested in this product, is it guaranteed it will be made and sold though? I know I'd gladly do a $50 pledge, but I want to know this isn't a scam/flop ect. Not meant to be insulting, simply an investment concern. Thank you.

Answer: This is not at all a “scam” or a “flop”, we mean what we pledge to do, all the money will be used to buy the supplies to send out the first batches to customers.
http://bloodlustofficial.tumblr.com/post/126627050708/hi-there-i-am-super-interested-in-this-product

"Hi I am totally not someone running this blog page asking about obvious concerns to allay and sway people into giving money away."

I hope to gently caress they don't murder someone via foodpoisoning. By the way, here's some rewards list on the tumblr, but not on the gofundme page for some reason.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Wedemeyer posted:

Sorry if this has been posted already. Otherkin who claim to be vampires want to make a 'blood substitute' for other fake vampires. They want 666 USD!

There's nothing about this I don't love. I want to follow the ensuing drama. :allears:

Ironically, someone with some actual knowhow and business skills could probably milk the otherkin-vampire crowd with something like this. As it stands, the outright amateur nature of this kickstarter is sure to entertain.

Sadly, it looks like no one is dumb enough to take the bait...yet.

EDIT: This could be a fun plot to a modern vampire story:

1. Idiot on tumblr claims they can make blood for lame-otherkin.
2. Kickstarter fails, they steal the funds.
3. "Real" goul/vampires/monsters kill the person that created the kickstarter in an entertaining Blair-witch style climax.

Snuffman has a new favorite as of 07:08 on Aug 14, 2015

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They'll deliver a bunch of badly decanted poo poo of inconsistent texture and taste and quietly disappear

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Sorry to veer off course for a second, but fuckin' mooncrest ate a bullet.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Wedemeyer posted:

How? Do they have some industrial kitchen to cook up this concoction? Will is be safe to ship? What is in it?

I'd almost wager money that they've found a stock of this going cheap because it's expiring, and they plan to rebottle it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jedit posted:

I'd almost wager money that they've found a stock of this going cheap because it's expiring, and they plan to rebottle it.

They provide at least a partial list of ingredients:

Iron
Whey Protein
Food dye
Corn syrup
Salt

So it sounds like they're actually trying to create something with similar thickness and taste to human blood. The question remains as to whether or not they're going to surpass average "Bottling from a pot on my stove" quality.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

chitoryu12 posted:

The question remains as to whether or not they're going to surpass average "Bottling from a pot on my stove" quality.

What does your heart tell you?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
"Soylent, but for nerds!" is a pretty crowded niche market, to be quite frank.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Snuffman posted:

There's nothing about this I don't love. I want to follow the ensuing drama. :allears:

Ironically, someone with some actual knowhow and business skills could probably milk the otherkin-vampire crowd with something like this. As it stands, the outright amateur nature of this kickstarter is sure to entertain.

Sadly, it looks like no one is dumb enough to take the bait...yet.

EDIT: This could be a fun plot to a modern vampire story:

1. Idiot on tumblr claims they can make blood for lame-otherkin.
2. Kickstarter fails, they steal the funds.
3. "Real" goul/vampires/monsters kill the person that created the kickstarter in an entertaining Blair-witch style climax.

Or 2b. no one funds it because they suck at marketing beyond using tags overrun with trolls and asking other blogs to 'promo' them, and 3b. they quietly abandon the tumblr.

KiddieGrinder posted:

What does your heart tell you?

My heart is thinking they're going to buy some caro corn syrup and food dye, use the same bottle the corn syrup came in to mix up the dye, and pour it into tiny, unsanitary vials sealed with cork from a crafts store to ship out.
How they'll ship liquid, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure you can't use USPS.

It sounds interesting but I'm pretty sure hot topic and spencers covered the 'red corn syrup' market pretty well.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Wedemeyer posted:

Or 2b. no one funds it because they suck at marketing beyond using tags overrun with trolls and asking other blogs to 'promo' them, and 3b. they quietly abandon the tumblr.

My heart is thinking they're going to buy some caro corn syrup and food dye, use the same bottle the corn syrup came in to mix up the dye, and pour it into tiny, unsanitary vials sealed with cork from a crafts store to ship out.
How they'll ship liquid, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure you can't use USPS.

It sounds interesting but I'm pretty sure hot topic and spencers covered the 'red corn syrup' market pretty well.

You can ship liquid by USPS just fine so long as it ain't alcoholic or explosive, but it's on you if your liquid stuff spills.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Ground up iron supplement sitting at the bottom of the bottle because they can't figure out how to get it to dissolve.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
This guy wants people to pay for his moving expenses to Portland and they get mad and then he gets upset:

http://www.gofundme.com/fuzt6zgk

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Phanatic posted:

This guy wants people to pay for his moving expenses to Portland and they get mad and then he gets upset:

All I see is people making fun of him in the comments, and no response from the creator. Am I missing something?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

They provide at least a partial list of ingredients:

Iron
Whey Protein
Food dye
Corn syrup
Salt

So it sounds like they're actually trying to create something with similar thickness and taste to human blood. The question remains as to whether or not they're going to surpass average "Bottling from a pot on my stove" quality.

Isn't it illegal to sell foodstuff without a full ingredient list?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

muscles like this? posted:

The list was taken from their FAQ as part of the "Do not buy this if you're allergic to these things" question.

Ingredient lists and other restrictions depend on cottage food laws in your particular state. For instance, my home state of Florida allows for homemade foods (less than $15,000 in total sales per year) to be sold directly to customers via roadside stands, farmers' markets, events, and out of their house. This doesn't allow them to sell via the internet, retail stores, restaurants, or by mail order. There's also restrictions on what types of foods can be sold, like no baked goods with alcohol, condiments (except honey and vinegar), or fermented foods.

If the product falls under a cottage food law of whatever state it's being made in, it can be legally sold without a permit/license or many of the health and ingredient inspection requirements needed for commercial food. Otherwise it would be illegal and the seller will get a knock on their door from the health department telling them "Cut that poo poo out."

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Phanatic posted:

Is it just me, or is he moving because he applied for a job and has not actually gotten hired yet? I can understand wanting to get the hell out of Arkansas and all but still. :psyduck:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

muscles like this? posted:

Yes, but it's not really illegal to offer some dumb kickstarter and describe it vaguely. But if they go to package it and don't change it to the real ingredient list, well...

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Phanatic posted:

Guy clearly states that it is just on go-fund-me to allow an easy place for his friends and Family to donate.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Paul Zuvella posted:

Guy clearly states that it is just on go-fund-me to allow an easy place for his friends and Family to donate.

I wonder what is stopping them just giving him money, so that he has to give a cut to a website.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jedit posted:

I wonder what is stopping them just giving him money, so that he has to give a cut to a website.

It's a lot easier to get money from a whole bunch of people through one of those things then having them all try to use paypal, or bank transfers, or mailing checks/cash

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Jedit posted:

people live in different places dude, its the 21st century, we use the internet for this poo poo now

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's a lot easier to get money from a whole bunch of people through one of those things then having them all try to use paypal, or bank transfers, or mailing checks/cash

While Gofundme is going to get a cut, it would be useful for distant family and Facebook friends who want to help the guy out.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bucardo/pocket-watch-and-pendant-accessories-for-the-apple

Let's sell a thing that makes an Apple Watch not able to do any of the things Apple advertises as reasons to buy the watch.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Who wants to live in Minas Tirith? Give this guy 3 billion.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/realise-minas-tirith#/story

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Only 24 post in a week? I thought you retard would pay for anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

The face of a vampire who's going to stir some corn syrup for you.

I’m a vampire, and I breathe clouds.