Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
My self-summary
In my dreams: I'm an androgynous, steampunk, antiheroic mad scientist, living in a post-apocalyptic dystopia, working to build a new world on the shattered remains of the old one.

In real life: I look like a confused twelve-year-old girl.

A long time ago I was crazy in love with theater. When I was eighteen I planned to major in theater, then move to New York, get a food service job, and spend the rest of my life auditioning for plays. At some point I changed my mind, and became a mathematician instead. What happened in between is a long story.

IMPORTANT: I'm polyamorous. Right now I have a few partners who I see from time to time. They see other people too, and everyone is happy.

I'm interested in hearing from people of all genders. Please be down with feminism, and please don't be into bigotry of any kind.

To couples: I could be into hearing from you, as long as you treat everyone involved with respect and open communication.
What I’m doing with my life
I do geometry professionally. This basically means that it's my job to sit around, stare into space, and visualize crazy shapes that don't exist. I draw a lot of diagrams, and own a lot of colored pens.

I live by the beach, in a tiny house, with a tiny dog. I spend a fair amount of time doing origami, learning biology, designing machines that will never work, and singing arias in the shower.
I’m really good at
Drawing crazy shapes, being self-deprecating.
The first things people usually notice about me
That I'm talking to myself, emphatically.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Books: A Song of Ice and Fire, The internet.

Movies: Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Fight Club, Cloud Atlas.

Shows: That YouTube video of a puppy going down stairs. UPDATE: The one of a tiny pig going down stairs is also excellent.

Music: Nerd rock, folk music, everything else.

Food: Peanut butter.
The six things I could never do without
I'm generally pretty durable, I think I can get by with the necessities (food, oxygen, spacetime, etc). Happy memories help, though.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Alternative education, identity politics, electoral politics, crazy shapes. The arc of the moral universe and its eons-long, glacially slow, infuriating, imperceptible, relentless bend towards justice.
On a typical Friday night I am
Playing computer games, unaware that it's Friday.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
When I was a teenager I spent a significant amount of time thinking about becoming some kind of bizarre, transhumanist mermaid. "Well that's not so strange," you might think, "We all have our eccentric fantasies." But it wasn't a fantasy -- it was a plan.
You should message me if
You want to. Bonus points if:

-You are at all androgynous
-You wear horn-rimmed glasses
-You are at least somewhat goth
-You identify as disabled, especially if you do so proudly.

Please DON'T message me if:
-You plan to make a sexual comment in your first message.
-You feel entitled to my time.
-You are openly racist, homophobic, misogynistic, transphobic, ableist, or fat-phobic.
-You regularly make racist, homophobic, misogynistic, transphobic, ableist, or fat-phobic comments, and then explain that you were just joking.
-You think racism is a thing of the past.
-You think feminism is no longer necessary.
Interested? Go ahead…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Coolness Averted posted:

listen up you autistic cuckfiend moron I'm going to say the EXACT same thing as you, but phrased a little different because this is gibbis fuckpointshit and I don't actually read before making GBS threads up threads
tane goku im gay

I'd say don't sign your posts, but this is actually the best signature I've ever seen.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Coolness Averted posted:

Oh and less a .txt. but a funny note on this whole "Just looking for friends!" stuff.
A girl in the same circle popped up on tinder for me a few weeks ago with a lame "This is here for work/social media, I'm in a committed long term relationship, not looking for anything except networking" on loving tinder. Yeah, right.
So last weekend she comes to a party with her boyfriend, today I get matched to her OKcupid profile and it's strictly looking for casual sex and pretending to be single and newly moved to LA. Account last active today :allears:
Print it out and show it to the boyfriend.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I won't date anyone who doesn't understand my "I put the hinges... in the fuckboys hands" reference

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shumagorath posted:

Print it out and show it to the boyfriend.

The I couldn't find the disable this account button funniest

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Darth123123 posted:

The I couldn't find the disable this account button funniest

Breetai posted:

Couldn't be arsed finding the delete account option so I changed the relationship status and stopped logging in.

Hahahaha.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
pretty sure both things take about the same amount of effort so you're probs full of poo poo breetai

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hobohemian posted:

Initiate a conversation with the person you want to date. Problem loving solved.

Well yes but they should do that too :unsmith:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

actionjackson posted:

Well yes but they should do that too :unsmith:

Why?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Why should a woman send a message to a man whose profile she likes? Is that a serious question

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

actionjackson posted:

Why should a woman send a message to a man whose profile she likes? Is that a serious question

Yes, why does anyone have to do anything.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yes, why does anyone have to do anything.

Well if no one sends any messages I don't think the whole thing really works...

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

actionjackson posted:

Well if no one sends any messages I don't think the whole thing really works...

So send a message.

FuckenPunchOn
Nov 9, 2013

I didn't screen cap the rest of it, but her whole profile was like this.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

So send a message.

Look, my point is the likes are for the most part behind a paywall (and people can also view your profile anonymously), but either way the whole "like" thing is stupid. People should just message someone and say what they liked about their profile. That's what I do.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
It's basically people taking the swipe left/right approach that tindr uses and applying it to other dating sites. It's annoying, but not as much as one-word messages. 5 of the last 7-8 messages I've received on OKC have been variations of 'hi' or 'hey', and I've received them when I've not been logged in or anything so it's not like people are using the messaging system in an attempt to spark up an IM chat. When you get a message like that from some whose entire profile, verbatim, is "I think half the fun of meeting someone and getting to know them is talking to them. So say hello." i.e. devoid of anything that could possibly be a conversation starter, information about them as a person, or even an indication of common interests, you wonder why they bother.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Breetai posted:

It's basically people taking the swipe left/right approach that tindr uses and applying it to other dating sites. It's annoying, but not as much as one-word messages. 5 of the last 7-8 messages I've received on OKC have been variations of 'hi' or 'hey', and I've received them when I've not been logged in or anything so it's not like people are using the messaging system in an attempt to spark up an IM chat. When you get a message like that from some whose entire profile, verbatim, is "I think half the fun of meeting someone and getting to know them is talking to them. So say hello." i.e. devoid of anything that could possibly be a conversation starter, information about them as a person, or even an indication of common interests, you wonder why they bother.

I think a lot of people 'like' just anyone so they know if they've been liked back rendering the whole like system moot.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

So this girl shows up in quickmatch and I'm browsing through her photos.
I notice in the background of her mirror selfie she has a pair of muddy boots and haphazard tracks of mud on her wall including on the poster she hung up.

Lawman 0 fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 16, 2015

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

actionjackson posted:

Look, my point is the likes are for the most part behind a paywall (and people can also view your profile anonymously), but either way the whole "like" thing is stupid. People should just message someone and say what they liked about their profile. That's what I do.

I don't even get your point in that case. When I used okcupid I messaged and was messaged. What more do you want?

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp

Lawman 0 posted:

So this girl shows up in quickmatch and I'm browsing through her photos.
I notice in the background of her mirror selfie she has a pair of muddy boots and haphazard tracks of mud on her wall including on the poster she hung up.

If that's intentional then it's pretty funny

If not then she's a secret spider-human

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I don't even get your point in that case. When I used okcupid I messaged and was messaged. What more do you want?

I don't always know who liked me but I always know who messaged me!

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

computer parts posted:

Oh yeah, she wasn't even confident enough to show her face. Also her username references cats.

She looks fine, some people are just shy. Probably means she'd be down for some fun times. Go for it dude and report back.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Pointed toe bullshit should be an automatic NO for everyone imo

Frock_Freak
Mar 24, 2004

Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

The Monkey Man posted:

She's a bit mannish looking, but not hideous. I'm not posting pictures because I got in trouble for that in the e/n dating thread.

...are sharing usernames also forbidden?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

ElGroucho posted:

Pointed toe bullshit should be an automatic NO for everyone imo

she seems decently leggy though which is usually a big YES for me.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Frock_Freak posted:

...are sharing usernames also forbidden?

no but goons are goons and have been creepy about contacting folks or 'subtly' posting a profile for help and tips seducing a girl, but for joking!

FlushablPet
Apr 27, 2002
AtKajAndAarAt
Met girl Wednesday night; made out in the park for hours; stayed over her place Friday night.

The system works. She messaged first.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FlushablPet posted:

Met girl Wednesday night; made out in the park for hours; stayed over her place Friday night.

The system works. She messaged first.

Enjoy your kidneys while you have them

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
sex

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

:agreed:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Sex owns and is good.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Violet_Sky posted:

Sex owns and is good.

controversial statement imo

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
a guy just messaged me so i went to his profile

does not compute

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Still haven't got sex from this app. 1 star

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

YeahTubaMike posted:

a guy just messaged me so i went to his profile

does not compute

What was the message

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

notZaar posted:

Still haven't got sex from this app. 1 star

have you told people you're really good at the love?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
No I'm not going to resort to lewd behavior plus that would be a lie

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Chomp8645 posted:

What was the message

"Hi how are you doing"