Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Dodoman posted:

Anyone want a modified Fallout Shelter save file? 390 lunchboxes and 10 Mr.Handy's.

The vault is numbered 420 though.

Yeah sure why not.

Also I have no problem with vault 420 :snoop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

General Maximus posted:

So I want to play Fallout Shelter but my phone is a relatively ancient Samsung thing that doesn't have the required minimum version of Android. (Needs 4.1, mine is I think 2.3.) Someone in in the Fallout 4 thread mentioned a thing called Bluestacks which appears to be an emulator of sorts but I tried it and the very first thing it did was bluescreen my computer and the second thing it did was put shortcuts on the desktop and in the start menu that point nowhere at all so nope, gently caress that.

Is there any way I can, legally, play this game that doesn't involve me either buying a new phone or tablet or borrowing the same from someone?

CappyBottoms posted:

How did you get that many?

I am jelous!

The answer to both of these is bluestacks/andy.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

overseer07 posted:

This is a really cool game. My code is n34ZCvPf

I put your code in. Here's mine, let's keep it going. :)

RHU5Jjjm

I have such a soft spot for Dragon Quest.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Yeah sure why not.

Also I have no problem with vault 420 :snoop:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzk3b4ZOjMCiUUZIYlg2M3ZsX2M/view?usp=sharing

Put the file in android/data/com.bethsoft.falloutshelter/files

Valid names for the save files are Vault1/2/3.sav, rename it to avoid overwriting your current save file.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Thanks dude.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Chinook posted:

I put your code in. Here's mine, let's keep it going. :)

RHU5Jjjm

I have such a soft spot for Dragon Quest.

This game is great. My code:

NRrR6wRw

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

dpack_1 posted:

yet "DICK" is?

Dick is a nickname for the Richards of the world. :colbert:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I could have sworn that I saw someone say somewhere, that you can merge two rooms together which aren't the same type as long as they're the same level. I could swear I did so accidentally once, but can't remember what the rooms were that combod together. Has anyone else figured this out?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Is anyone else playing Astronest? It was mentioned in passing earlier and I picked it up, and I actually really like the space empire building game. There's research, building poo poo on planets, colonizing planets (though that's just clicking a button to dump resources while a bar fills), setting up your fleet's formations, ship types, fittings, etc. There's quite a lot of optimization and customization, and there's an Alliance vs. Horde thing going on for worldwide PvP that earns rewards and stuff every day. It's a time waster that's holding my interest for now, anyway.

EDIT: If anyone is and hasn't played much yet, don't blow all of your money developing your starting planet's buildings until you get the 2h exp bonus a ways into the tutorial. It'll let you pump up the level of your planet's administrator twice as fast. I don't know what their level actually DOES, but I'm all about numbers going up :flashfap:

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 15, 2015

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Dodoman posted:

Anyone want a modified Fallout Shelter save file? 390 lunchboxes and 10 Mr.Handy's.

The vault is numbered 420 though.

Well I guess I will take one of those! I will try to find a way to run it on my phone!

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
I had to call a cab the other day. Used chrome to search for a local company and connected the call by pressing on the handy poo poo that chrome does on phones.

Just got a survey asking who i called and how easy it was to make the call after searching for them.

Seems thats a new way to trigger surveys.

In the UK by the way.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Is anyone else playing Astronest? It was mentioned in passing earlier and I picked it up, and I actually really like the space empire building game. There's research, building poo poo on planets, colonizing planets (though that's just clicking a button to dump resources while a bar fills), setting up your fleet's formations, ship types, fittings, etc. There's quite a lot of optimization and customization, and there's an Alliance vs. Horde thing going on for worldwide PvP that earns rewards and stuff every day. It's a time waster that's holding my interest for now, anyway.

EDIT: If anyone is and hasn't played much yet, don't blow all of your money developing your starting planet's buildings until you get the 2h exp bonus a ways into the tutorial. It'll let you pump up the level of your planet's administrator twice as fast. I don't know what their level actually DOES, but I'm all about numbers going up :flashfap:

I played it but got bored quickly the biggest issue is it doesn't seem like you can really influence fights.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Picked up the humble bundle, mainly for warhammer quest, buddy got me playing it, any of the dlc worth grabbing or the extra characters different enough to justify grabbing them?

Also marauder berserking up the place murders while the archer seems like poo poo

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Is anyone else playing Astronest?

Yeah I tried it but I thought it was more like a 4x game when I quick looked at the page. Once I saw it was a Pocket Knights etc clone I was far less interested but I gave it a shot but it just doesn't do anything new or interesting to make me want to bother over Summoners War.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
drat, using that Fallout Shelter save really exposes the Skinner box loop of the game. After 70 lunchboxes and 20 minutes I had 3 fully upgraded floors staffed by 20 high level dwellers all sporting high end weapons and outfits.

What's the status on the gems of war thread? Could use those collected tips but hunting through the thread is a pain on my phone.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Dodoman posted:

Valid names for the save files are Vault1/2/3.sav, rename it to avoid overwriting your current save file.

How do I use this save file on bluestacks?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a way to play this DQ Monsters game without a garena account or facebook? garena wants a mobile number to register, i don't have a phone. it also claims my normal email already has an account but hell if i know what it is or what I made it for, and I can't get a password reset without the matching username so welp. I just straight up don't wanna use a facebook login.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Light Gun Man posted:

Is there a way to play this DQ Monsters game without a garena account or facebook? garena wants a mobile number to register, i don't have a phone. it also claims my normal email already has an account but hell if i know what it is or what I made it for, and I can't get a password reset without the matching username so welp. I just straight up don't wanna use a facebook login.

You can make an account on the site, it's also related to League of Legends, apparently. Don't have the link handy, but I just Googled Garena account and found it.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

FadedReality posted:

drat, using that Fallout Shelter save really exposes the Skinner box loop of the game. After 70 lunchboxes and 20 minutes I had 3 fully upgraded floors staffed by 20 high level dwellers all sporting high end weapons and outfits.

What's the status on the gems of war thread? Could use those collected tips but hunting through the thread is a pain on my phone.

Buying one Mr. Handy is helping me breeze through the early game. I've got a 3 space electrical room, 3 space water joint, and 2 space Cafe and he's been keeping the base ready to go... Of course, that means there isn't really any game to play, so that's... cool?

And I'll throw up a quick Gems thread and link it here in a minute!

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Thar she blows... I went ahead and threw it in the normal games forum because I think we should rope in more goons to flesh out new Goon Guilds.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736873

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Buying one Mr. Handy is helping me breeze through the early game. I've got a 3 space electrical room, 3 space water joint, and 2 space Cafe and he's been keeping the base ready to go... Of course, that means there isn't really any game to play, so that's... cool?

And I'll throw up a quick Gems thread and link it here in a minute!

Yeah I mean it's a fun little tiny Tower type thing but when you "hack" it to give you hundreds of the gameplay shortcuts it literally removes all of the gameplay. Other than the main loop of attracting dwellers and sending them out there's what, waiting for raiders? With the 400 lunchboxes containing every resource, dwellers, weapons, and caps, it kind of replaced the actual gameplay which feels kinda gross because it's not "pay to win" it's "pay to replace playing at all".

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

In DQM, have any of you managed to capture Balzackian through the easy mode of his event dungeon?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

What's the benefit to having a dweller assigned to the storage room? No rats?

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

If there's an event in the storage room (fire, radroaches, etc), you have someone who can start fighting immediately. It's also a place you can put high-Endurance characters for "Place X Dwellers in the right room" objectives, which boosts their personal (and the vault's overall) happiness. I think that's about it, really. I usually keep my high-Endurance dwellers out in the Wastelands anyway.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The only real purpose is allowing you to assign dwellers there is so that you have somewhere to put them if, for whatever reason, you don't want to assign them to another room. There's a loading screen tip about it. It's a good place to collect all of the useless dwellers who show up with high charisma before you send them out into the wastes to die.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Echophonic posted:

You can make an account on the site, it's also related to League of Legends, apparently. Don't have the link handy, but I just Googled Garena account and found it.

Thanks!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dodoman posted:

So we don't need an altered game or anything?

Also what are you guys strategies in starting out your vaults? I'm currently hurting on having people with some intelligence stats. Should I just be sending people out into the wastes over night? When I do they died at some point and I revive them so they can bring back poo poo they found.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
I've been trying out the new Angry Birds 2.

Holy crap is the jewel and life system annoying. I remember one of the devs wrote a letter to Idle Thumbs proudly bragging about how they don't resort to that sort of cheap stuff, and yet have been successful as a company. Well, he spoke too soon.

It's still a fun game, but god drat!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

thehoodie posted:

This game is great. My code:

NRrR6wRw

In under you. My code is wx5MMYmH

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's an official mobile Cooking Mama game out for anyone nostalgic for the old NDS franchise.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

mrkillboy posted:

There's an official mobile Cooking Mama game out for anyone nostalgic for the old NDS franchise.

I gave it a whirl... They section recipes off into IAP packs... I was offended, but now that I think about it, it'd be about $20 for all the content, and that's what a DS game costs, so :shrug:

I didn't end up buying anything.

The game plays great, though. Graphics are very nice.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Jiro posted:

So we don't need an altered game or anything?

No root and no modifications required.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I'm enjoying Fallout Shelter, it's a good mobile Sim Tower type game. I like how Bethesda made it easy to access and modify save files. Also it's easy to transfer the files back and forth from phone to tablet so I can play with whatever device I want. It's really smooth on my tablet. I went ahead and gave my vault a few extra lunchboxes to help me catch up to some iPhone users that I know.

:wink:

Some hassles I wish Bethesda to fix:
- Make it easier to see and toggle dwellers' health bars during an attack
- Make it easier to double tap and zoom into a room without accidentally toggling a dweller
- A menu to see all dwellers' equipped weapons and armors to make it easier to switch out gear without having to individually toggle every dweller.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Welp, my entire vault just got ran over by a deathclaw attack, and then got a molerat attack to follow up on it that wiped out all the survivors except the babies. Guess I'm restarting.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Gathering Sky ($3.99) is a blast. It's super simple, soothing, and has that ~zen gaming~ kind of feel to it, like Desert Golfing but with entirely different gameplay.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Parachute posted:

Gathering Sky ($3.99) is a blast. It's super simple, soothing, and has that ~zen gaming~ kind of feel to it, like Desert Golfing but with entirely different gameplay.
EufloriaHD (formerly Dyson)
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.omnilabs.eufloria&hl=en
I have not seen this mentioned in many moons, try this one then..

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 17, 2015

Parachute
May 18, 2003

galahan posted:

EufloriaHD (formerly Dyson)
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.omnilabs.eufloria&hl=en
I have not seen this mentioned in many moons, try this one then..

Oh yeah, I think I remember seeing this one on Steam in the past! (I think Gathering Sky is on there too) Thanks for the suggestion, I'm definitely going to check it out.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Parachute posted:

Oh yeah, I think I remember seeing this one on Steam in the past! (I think Gathering Sky is on there too) Thanks for the suggestion, I'm definitely going to check it out.

Yeah I bought it twice even though I don't think I had to actually. I come back to it now and then.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Dodoman posted:

I put the Vault1.sav in the correct folder but nothing shows up.

Any help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Did you start a new vault first? I don't know if it will work with a fresh install.

This is the full path

/storage/sdcard/android/data/com.bethsoft.falloutshelter/files/VaultX.sav

If you've moved the app to your SD card you'll have to put the file there. There should be a bunch of files besides the .sav file in the folder.