Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Comrade Flynn posted:

Do pictures of your wife count?

Nice ride :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Well thanks for showing those of us who are desperately trying to claw their lives out of downward spirals that indeed life can be amazing if i didnt spend my 20s snorting white mountains.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Went to the Aberdeen, MD annual Mopar Meet on Saturday. Along with a wicked sunburn on my left arm, neck, and face, I managed to snag some photos with my potato phone.

Click for full album.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Preoptopus posted:

Well thanks for showing those of us who are desperately trying to claw their lives out of downward spirals that indeed life can be amazing if i didnt spend my 20s snorting white mountains.

You know, you can change one of those things RIGHT NOW

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Preoptopus posted:

I was too busy loving off in my 20's to be worried about future monies, oh well I had fun tho :unsmith:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Preoptopus posted:

My wife and I married super young. She was 21 I was 25. I had a degree at 23, had a lovely job I hated, then left to do my own startup. I struggled for a LONG time at that before getting a small amount of funding which let me start paying myself something resembling a wage.

Did those for 5 years without ever having a huge hit (had a few minor sell outs), and was worried I was never going to find a 'real' job again, so I went into videogames after talking to the Marsh brothers. I was offered a crappy contract position at a booming company, and lucked out by falling in at the start of one of the biggest new economies ever - mobile games - and have run with it for the past 4 years. Started my own company 16 months ago, went 6 months without pay, almost hung it up, then we had our first hit game.

I keep thinking of all the choices or situations I had that could have easily gone the other way, and what my life would be like. I'm definitely grateful for everything I have.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm kind of offended you're going to let a dying kid have a ride in it before some person who happens to live near you that you saw post on the Internet a few times tbqh

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I'm kind of offended you're going to let a dying kid have a ride in it before some person who happens to live near you that you saw post on the Internet a few times tbqh

I've been gone like, most of summer. Come over sometime and I'll take you for a spin.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Dude Flynn quit talking about yourself in the Awesome AI Car poo poo thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AntTKfRO5po

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Comrade Flynn posted:

I've been gone like, most of summer. Come over sometime and I'll take you for a spin.

I hope you know that I'm going to have to take workers comp to recover from the erection you just gave me

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adiabatic posted:

Dude Flynn quit talking about yourself in the Awesome AI Car poo poo thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AntTKfRO5po

ONE OF OUR OWN HAS A SIX SPEED LAMBORGHINI YOU UNCULTURED SWINE

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Yeah, and it's super cool, but why is he talking about his job in the awesome AI car poo poo thread?

Also calling me uncultured is some major pot-meet-kettle :sun:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
You're doing more to poo poo up the thread than a mild, interesting derail.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
All I know based on my new title is that things that are not AI are haraam.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adiabatic posted:

Yeah, and it's super cool, but why is he talking about his job in the awesome AI car poo poo thread?

Also calling me uncultured is some major pot-meet-kettle :sun:

I am so loving cultured the lab called me personally to say they'd never anything quite like it before and could I please come down at my earliest convenience

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Das Volk posted:

All I know based on my new title is that things that are not AI are haraam.

Allahu Senna?

Here's my wife doing her FIRST EVER RACE LAP on the Nurburgring:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
But is she wearing a full bu'r'q''qq''q'q'qaa''' or is she living in SIN????!!!!??????

edit:
We have to be careful because the all inclusive nature of the forums means that we must flagellate ourselves before the holy ones.

Das Volk fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 17, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Oh you're the guy whose wife got him the ring drive for their birthday.

drat you. But seriously I am jealous.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Das Volk posted:

But is she wearing a full bu'r'q''qq''q'q'qaa''' or is she living in SIN????!!!!??????

edit:
We have to be careful because the all inclusive nature of the forums means that we must flagellate ourselves before the holy ones.

Say 20 Hail Sarkeesians and donate to 5 feminist patreons to atone for your sin.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
I'm amazed that road/rail hasn't become a "thing" with car culture yet. We've got dudes restore and mount old ship horns to their pickups, people making radial-powered Beetles, hyper-milers, why isn't there a subculture of dudes doing this to their cars and making youtube videos of them trying not to get caught by railroads?

I mean, unless they are constantly getting killed because gently caress being around tracks if you aren't a train.

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Aug 17, 2015

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Comrade Flynn posted:

My wife and I married super young. She was 21 I was 25. I had a degree at 23, had a lovely job I hated, then left to do my own startup. I struggled for a LONG time at that before getting a small amount of funding which let me start paying myself something resembling a wage.

Did those for 5 years without ever having a huge hit (had a few minor sell outs), and was worried I was never going to find a 'real' job again, so I went into videogames after talking to the Marsh brothers. I was offered a crappy contract position at a booming company, and lucked out by falling in at the start of one of the biggest new economies ever - mobile games - and have run with it for the past 4 years. Started my own company 16 months ago, went 6 months without pay, almost hung it up, then we had our first hit game.

I keep thinking of all the choices or situations I had that could have easily gone the other way, and what my life would be like. I'm definitely grateful for everything I have.

No for real, no bullshit, your doing it right. Its pretty awesome. :)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:fap:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Bavarian Motor Wedge

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Boomerjinks posted:

I'm amazed that road/rail hasn't become a "thing" with car culture yet. We've got dudes restore and mount old ship horns to their pickups, people making piston-powered Beetles, hyper-milers, why isn't there a subculture of dudes doing this to their cars and making youtube videos of them trying not to get caught by railroads?

I mean, unless they are constantly getting killed because gently caress being around tracks if you aren't a train.

That is a pretty awesome inspection car. There used to be plenty of abandoned/semi-abandoned lines you could safety use something like that on around here, but they're all getting converted into bike trails. Plus, any line that sits unused for any significant period of time would require mounting some kind of giant wood chipper to the front of the car to deal with the saplings that grow up within a few years.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Plus, any line that sits unused for any significant period of time would require mounting some kind of giant wood chipper to the front of the car to deal with the saplings that grow up within a few years.

This just makes the plan even better imo :getin:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Terrible Robot posted:

This just makes the plan even better imo :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb7LvUnx_8s

Immediately came to mind at the mention of woodchipper car-train. This plan sounds awesome :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They already one upped it when they made snowblower trains. It looks like someone mounted a tunnel borer on the front of an engine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Boomerjinks posted:

I'm amazed that road/rail hasn't become a "thing" with car culture yet. We've got dudes restore and mount old ship horns to their pickups, people making piston-powered Beetles, hyper-milers, why isn't there a subculture of dudes doing this to their cars and making youtube videos of them trying not to get caught by railroads?

My father owns two Speeder's and used to own a high-railer. It's probably not a thing because abandoned lines are usually in such disrepair that you'd damage your vehicle and it's super loving illegal to run on active rails without permission. Some of the guys in his Speeder club just jumped on a random leg of track and ended up with thousands of dollars in fines and all their railcars were impounded.

One of his current speeders

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

:flashfap:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

My father owns two Speeder's and used to own a high-railer. It's probably not a thing because abandoned lines are usually in such disrepair that you'd damage your vehicle and it's super loving illegal to run on active rails without permission. Some of the guys in his Speeder club just jumped on a random leg of track and ended up with thousands of dollars in fines and all their railcars were impounded.

So what is the point of owning one if you can't use it?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

leica posted:

Oh so the automatic weapon policy in a lot of states

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Boomerjinks posted:

As opposed to what, all those turbine-powered beetles driving around?

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Fuuuck. Radial.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I need to pay to get my car smogged and you can drive a backwards lovely airplane around here.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Rhyno posted:

drat, I was gonna post nearly this exact thing. All the guys that would be into having a highrail car would probably just have a track speeder instead.

I used to go on trackspeeder rides with my dad when I was a kid, and I do remember this one guy who had an old Jeep (Willys, maybe? Maybe newer? Definitely fold-down windscreen and open) with rail wheels mounted on it. Not a highrail setup, just replaced the wheels with railcar wheels.

I don't remember if he trailered it there or drove it to the seton point and swapped wheels. I was probably 6 or so at the time. That was a while ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

You have to get permission (easily done if you're part of the Railcar club and your operator's permit is up to date). There's a pretty large association in the Great Lakes States, probably 500 members each with their own cars.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Boomerjinks posted:

We've got dudes restore and mount old ship horns to their pickups, people making radial-powered Beetles, hyper-milers, why isn't there a subculture of dudes doing this to their cars and making youtube videos of them trying not to get caught by railroads?

I'm honestly surprised that you got through this sentence without namedropping movie cars.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
My front bumper is made from 1/4" plate steel and I have a chainsaw for anything over like 3" diameter. I wonder if there are any abandoned tracks around here...

Also, I think 14 will get his biturbo before I get a J truck :sigh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RillAkBea posted:

I'm honestly surprised that you got through this sentence without namedropping movie cars.

Really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Really?

Holy poo poo, it's not often I discover an American car I never knew existed.

It's not a Gremlin :ssh: