Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I have over 60 slots and I have dropped a bunch of my 2 stars and all of my 1 stars except Juggs, plus I'm still missing Jean Grey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Ignite Memories posted:

I've already dropped around ten bux into the game because I've been enjoying it, but I have 20 roster slots now. How many do I really need?

I have 70, for reference. This includes plenty of poo poo heroes you don't actually want to use that much but keep around for niche cases. I'd buy em with earned HP as you go along and if you run into a bind then you'll have to decide for yourself from there.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Woof. I dunno if I like the game THAT much.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I just wanna say it's pretty funny how the devs put in a system tailored toward making you stockpile 600 tokens and then made the display only go up to 99

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

I just wanna say it's pretty funny how the devs put in a system tailored toward making you stockpile 600 tokens and then made the display only go up to 99

One guy in my alliance has almost 1500 standard tokens stockpiled.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

One guy in my alliance has almost 1500 standard tokens stockpiled.

Yeah but that's his decision, there's no real advantage to having standards stockpiled unless you have literally all the covers and are using them as free attempts at new covers for the newest four stars when they're added. The vaults are engineered to be objectively most effective when you can buy everything in them at once.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm starting to see why people recommend that, btw. I've had 4 days in a row of health packs and iso clumps from the taco vault.

edit: So ok, if I'm going to concentrate on a team of 3 and get them to 94, which ones would you recommend? Here's the lists again:

Full Covers, Right Configuration

Cpt. Marvel **
Human Torch **
Black Widow **

Full Covers, Wrong Spread

Wolverine **
Storm **

Between 6-9 Covers

Ares **
Thor **
Magneto **
Hawkeye **

So far I've been enjoying captain marvel the most, because she has a three actives, a reliable spread move and some decent cascade capability.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 16, 2015

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Black widow** will be useful forever
Thor and Ares do the same job imo
Wolverine Storm and Magneto have their uses
I prefer Daken over any of the rest.

The most rounded 2* team imo is Thor 3/5/5 Daken 3/5/5 OBW 3/5/5

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

Scyantific posted:

Wait until a sale though (although I haven't seen an ISO/HP sale in a while).

I dropped $20 in Google credits last week during a sale, they seem to pop up randomly for a day or two.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Now that I'm firmly in 3* land, my favorite teams for cleaning up the Deadpool Dailies are LazyCap, Magneto, Blade, and for the two-wave token node, I use Ares, Storm, and Captain Marvel. I just stockpile Red, Blue, and Black through round one and destroy the entire second wave in one turn with Wind Storm, Sonic Boom, and Rampage, in that order. Works like a dream.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I'm still working on leveling a full 2 star team.

I've got...

** Storm - Max
** Thor - 12 covers (Should have my last cover at the end of the Earth's Mightiest Event)

Decision is who to level up next...

** Black Widow at 2/3/2
** Wolverine at 3/1/5
** Magneto at 5/0/1
** Daken at 4/4/4
** Captain Marvel at 3/2/5

Do I just go with Daken since he is the closest? Also, I've got one * Storm and Iron Man fully maxed, and Juggernaut fully covered, but still at level 1. Should I push Juggernaut ahead of a ** at this point?

Also, I've got two open roster spots with the below waiting in the rewards section.

*** Green Kamala
*** Green Iron Fist
*** Black Dr. Doom
*** Red Luke Cage

Any suggestions on who to pick up? Should I drop *** Thor, *** Black Panther, *** Dare Devil, *** Captain Marvel *** She Hulk, or ***Human Torch for any of these? They all only have one or two covers currently.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ideally you wouldn't drop anyone, but Kamala IF and Cage are all super good heroes once you get them covered. If you had to drop someone I'd say Captain Marvel because holy poo poo is she bad, followed by maybe Torch if you want Doom too. As for the 2 stars, both Daken and BW are excellent choices for your iso. Wait on leveling Juggs until you have at least 3 maxed out 2 stars, all he's good for is the balance of power pvp and the deadpool daily 1 star node. He doesn't need to be leveled for the first and you should still be getting value from you other 1 stars right now for the second.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Ideally you wouldn't drop anyone, but Kamala IF and Cage are all super good heroes once you get them covered. If you had to drop someone I'd say Captain Marvel because holy poo poo is she bad, followed by maybe Torch if you want Doom too. As for the 2 stars, both Daken and BW are excellent choices for your iso. Wait on leveling Juggs until you have at least 3 maxed out 2 stars, all he's good for is the balance of power pvp and the deadpool daily 1 star node. He doesn't need to be leveled for the first and you should still be getting value from you other 1 stars right now for the second.

Got a blue Daken while playing the PVP event so that'll fully cover him. I'll work on him after finishing up Thor.

I had enough coins for another slot, so I was able to pick up all four, after dropping Captian Marvel since she's bad.

Thanks for the feedback!

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

AnonSpore posted:

If you had to drop someone I'd say Captain Marvel because holy poo poo is she bad

I really don't know why Captain Marvel doesn't get more respect. Her red is unique because it breaks protect tiles, which is useful with Bullseye showing up so often in deadpool dailies. Her black deals out some decent damage, and her yellow is really powerful if you use it right. If you save up 16 yellow and fire it twice, it completely messes up the board and probably sets off a multi-crit cascade.

She also fits well on 2* teams. Everyone recommends Ares and OBW because they're awesome together. Captain Marvel is a good third member there. She also works well with Magneto and Storm.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
When I want a match over very quickly, I put her in front of Cyclops and have Iron Fist backing them up. She tanks his colors for matching and when she gets hit she spits out AP. With IF generating black as well, a few Full Blasts and it's done. She's also okay on her own for a reliable stun/respectable damage move and she has a good amount of hit points.

Finished top 50 for the season, got a Hulkbuster from my ten pack.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

You guys are talking about two different captain marvels. I'm assuming the 3* has a stun, because the 2* certainly doesn't.

For the record, I really like 2* captain marvel.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
do you get to keep your taco tokens between Sweet and Savoury, or do they disappear?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Superterranean posted:

do you get to keep your taco tokens between Sweet and Savoury, or do they disappear?

You keep them. I have about 30 of each stockpiled right now.

Maxwell Adams posted:

I really don't know why Captain Marvel doesn't get more respect. Her red is unique because it breaks protect tiles, which is useful with Bullseye showing up so often in deadpool dailies. Her black deals out some decent damage, and her yellow is really powerful if you use it right. If you save up 16 yellow and fire it twice, it completely messes up the board and probably sets off a multi-crit cascade.

She also fits well on 2* teams. Everyone recommends Ares and OBW because they're awesome together. Captain Marvel is a good third member there. She also works well with Magneto and Storm.

2* Cap Marvel isn't bad if you're still at the 2* portion of the game. 3* Cap Marvel doesn't get respect because she's only useful in very specific situations, and that's if you can't field someone else. 3* CapMarvel's yellow is only useful if she's tanking a majority of the colors on the board. Her black is decent, but her red is underpowered unless you're fighting someone that shits out protect tiles all the time. Loki though can flip those to friendly strike tiles which is what most folks are going to be doing.

I keep her around, but she's one of the less useful 3* characters.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

As far as I've seen, 2* Cpt Marvel is one of the only 2* heroes that has both cascade capability and a decent health pool. Is there someone I'm missing? Storm and magneto are both pretty fragile. Who else cascades at 2*?

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Ignite Memories posted:

As far as I've seen, 2* Cpt Marvel is one of the only 2* heroes that has both cascade capability and a decent health pool. Is there someone I'm missing? Storm and magneto are both pretty fragile. Who else cascades at 2*?

Bullseye's green can, but it can be difficult to pull off.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

So what the fastest 3* pair up? I've got most of the 3* characters covered apart from the newest ones.

I've been using hulk + patch to clear pvp nodes quickly, does anyone have any quicker combos, or equivalent ones that use less health packs?

Similarly, what is the best 3* defensive pvp team?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Ignite Memories posted:

Classic Storm's green is game breaking at 5 covers. It breaks a tile for each green ap you have, but the cost for using it is still only 12. It also gathers all the ap from each broken tile, plus everything you get for the cascade afterwards.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Hulk and patch is pretty good for defense because a lot of folks will just skip either one of those.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

GTO posted:

So what the fastest 3* pair up? I've got most of the 3* characters covered apart from the newest ones.

I've been using hulk + patch to clear pvp nodes quickly, does anyone have any quicker combos, or equivalent ones that use less health packs?

Similarly, what is the best 3* defensive pvp team?

Not many that are as fast as a Hulk Bomb, but as you've noticed they chew through health like crazy. I like Daken/IF/Thor. IF with any strike tile generator is going to be awesome. LThor and LDaken are my go to team for a lot of things.

Defense, doesn't really matter, if you're worth enough points the game so heavily favors offense you're going to lose no matter what. Offense controls the board and can go in boosted, the AI plays stupid, not much you can do really. You want to make sure you have full color coverage so AP denial doesn't really work and high level characters that make people want to skip you.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Yeah, you want someone to look at your team and decide it's not worth fighting. High health tanks, protect tile generators and AP deniers are all useful, especially towards the end of an event when no-one wants to spend 5+ minutes on a single match.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The worst defensive team to face now exists...

Thing, Deadpool XF, and Jean Grey (or anyone that needs to get taken out fast)

You want to kill Deadpool or Jean Grey really fast or they'll gently caress you up... but you can't kill either of them without Thing stepping in the way of a heavy attack and creating massive defense tiles. You can't kill Thing without Deadpool retaliating for mega damage. You can't match 5 or you'll get stunned for 2 turns. Eventually Deadpool will deal massive damage and heal himself, Jean Grey will do nasty AOE damage and Thing will continue to be a fucker.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Why hello there Gauntlet final node with the added advantage of no whaling

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

AnonSpore posted:

Why hello there Gauntlet final node with the added advantage of no whaling

That one will be Thing, Deadpool XF, and Deadpool, probably.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Any open alliance spots around? I play every day, and I'm tired of being one of only 3 people in the guild who actually attempt to place in pve or pvp.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah D3 pretty much said that the next gauntlet event would have a Double Deadpool node.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Pizza Dog has a spare spot at the moment I think.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Ignite Memories posted:

Magneto may be fragile but he can still create decent cascades with any of his moves, particularly polarity shift since you can pick and choose a blue 5-match 99% of the time and it won't change blue tiles to red (or waste itself on already-red tiles), so even though it's random otherwise, it's still turning five tiles red, so your odds of setting up a red match as well are strong, and then who knows what'll happen from there.

Thor's yellow is also good at creating cascades. It turns NINE tiles green at max rank, which will give you at LEAST a line clear nine times out of ten and tends to cascade from there.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 17, 2015

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Interesting, I didn't know thor could pop so many greens when it's ranked up.

I really wish I could find more magneto covers. I'm 1/5/1 right now and when the season ended it gave me another purple. He seems amazing and I wanna play him with storm. Finding more Hawkguy covers wouldn't hurt either.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

gently caress The Thing. He pops up just rarely enough that I've forgotten his horrible passive until I trigger it.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Ignite Memories posted:

I really wish I could find more magneto covers. I'm 1/5/1 right now and when the season ended it gave me another purple. He seems amazing and I wanna play him with storm. Finding more Hawkguy covers wouldn't hurt either.

Yeah Hawkeye and Magneto work well together, as well as with Storm as a third. It's a super fragile team and doesn't cover the full rainbow, but it's super easy to create cascades, Wind Storm tears poo poo up, and a proper use of Polarity shift will also give you guaranteed triggers of speed shot.

If you do find enough Magneto covers, make sure you go 3 blue 5 red. Both moves get more expensive with ranks, but blue's countdown actually gets LONGER while red's gets all the way down to a 1-turn counter. Also red generates AP while blue doesn't. The only real downside is that at max rank, red is MORE expensive (14AP) than a max rank blue (11AP I believe), but for 2500-ish damage and anywhere from 9-25 random AP it's more than worth it.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 17, 2015

ninja alamode
Apr 20, 2004

I do love when Scarlet Witch and Hawkguy are both boosted like they are currently too, decent chance of speedshot every three turns.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Add in Grey Suit Black Widow too :getin:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My 5/1/1 Professor X is happy to be the meat of a wanda gsbw sandwich

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Superterranean posted:

Any open alliance spots around? I play every day, and I'm tired of being one of only 3 people in the guild who actually attempt to place in pve or pvp.

As GTO said, Pizza Dog has a slot. We do have a fair number of people who aren't placing, but not so bad as what you're describing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Sefer posted:

As GTO said, Pizza Dog has a slot. We do have a fair number of people who aren't placing, but not so bad as what you're describing.

I play as Serrated, just requested membership.