Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

as far as i'm concerned its not talk about fracture so it's quality thread content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Rei_ posted:

as far as i'm concerned its not talk about fracture so it's quality thread content

My care levels are at 0% wrt your posting

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I was reading about the v1 of this game since i never played it after reading about all the "beta" test fun, and someone said:

quote:

The game was an incredible resource hog. What made it worse was the mouse movement was not client based, but server, so its delay was terrible.

Was this actually true? Your mouse cursor was handled by the server? Thats a new level of terrible if true, god drat.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

megalodong posted:

I was reading about the v1 of this game since i never played it after reading about all the "beta" test fun, and someone said:

Was this actually true? Your mouse cursor was handled by the server? Thats a new level of terrible if true, god drat.

I'm not sure if it was server-based, but it was definitely a software cursor, rather than a hardware one. Which means your mouse movement rate was limited by your FPS, which was generally poo poo on account of thousand-poly flowerpots.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Garin posted:

Hi guys have a Where's Waldo.

Can you explain the joke for us non-DRGs?

Malloreon posted:

Don't all cooldowns refresh upon zoning into an instance?

Nope, and they also don't refresh when you die.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

wow this thread sucks

content:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Does the PBC house have watermelons?

we should get some watermelon.

e:
and some stern folk to guard it.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 17, 2015

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011

vOv posted:

So much collective human life wasted waiting on potion timers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

vOv posted:

Can you explain the joke for us non-DRGs?

First off is the use of feint, which is absolutely a useless skill with very little application outside of PVP.

Second they had fracture up more often than their piercing debuff (effectively +10% damage for dragoons, bards, and machinists) and the dragoons primary dot, chaos thrust. They basically did nothing but 1,2,3.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

First off is the use of feint, which is absolutely a useless skill with very little application outside of PVP.

it's ostensibly useful for mch but for drg yeah there's no excuse

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kharaa posted:

it's ostensibly useful for mch but for drg yeah there's no excuse

I was wondering WTF but after looking it up it seems that feint is instant even when in casting mode so it's useful for moving.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Mr. Nice! posted:

Second they had fracture up more often than their piercing debuff (effectively +10% damage for dragoons, bards, and machinists) and the dragoons primary dot, chaos thrust. They basically did nothing but 1,2,3.

They also managed to use Geirskogul twice as much as Wheeling Thrust and Fang and Claw which leads me to think they're popping Blood of the Dragon just to fire off Geirskogul and not comboing.

You actively have to be that bad.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

megalodong posted:

It was a software mouse, which meant this:

kafziel posted:

I'm not sure if it was server-based, but it was definitely a software cursor, rather than a hardware one. Which means your mouse movement rate was limited by your FPS, which was generally poo poo on account of thousand-poly flowerpots.

was true. Furthermore, the game had to call home every time you selected any menu option of any kind. So on top of the mouse cursor itself being sluggish, whenever you clicked anything (or really, did anything at all) you would end up waiting up to several seconds for the click to actually do anything.
These have since been solved by using a hardware mouse, and presumably by the client always assuming it knows what the result of a given action will be and then changing its mind if the server response conflicts.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.
I was in a DF group today for Aetherochemical Research Facility with another DRG. So obviously we're both level 60.

Halfway into the dungeon, he asks me "what's that glow around you?"

"That glow" is Blood of the Dragon. The level 54 ability. Suddenly, I realized what has seemed "off" about him -- using none of the post-50 abilities. Not a one. So either he had them and decided they're useless, or he never got them. I didn't have the heart to ask.

In entirely related news, I'm thinking of making the switch to Excalibur. I'm not really into squeezing .01 DPS out of a rotation, but I also would like to avoid... "what's that glow?" If anything, I incline more towards enjoying story and maybe messing around with glamours.

Does one of the FCs sound anything like that?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

There are plenty of goons who are not squeezing out .01% that you can play with.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Those goddamn bastards in DGKK will shame you into watching every single cutscene, and only talk about dressing up waifus. So join that one.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
That fits all of them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Alaemon posted:

I was in a DF group today for Aetherochemical Research Facility with another DRG. So obviously we're both level 60.

"That glow" is Blood of the Dragon. The level 54 ability. Suddenly, I realized what has seemed "off" about him -- using none of the post-50 abilities. Not a one. So either he had them and decided they're useless, or he never got them. I didn't have the heart to ask.

In entirely related news, I'm thinking of making the switch to Excalibur. I'm not really into squeezing .01 DPS out of a rotation, but I also would like to avoid... "what's that glow?" If anything, I incline more towards enjoying story and maybe messing around with glamours.

The point of coming to Excalibur is to be completely surrounded by goons. Whether this is a good or bad thing is for you to decide.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

quote:

[FC]<Chelm Soran> the moogle zone was probably the best zone so far
[FC]<Brynn Lee> be sure to finish up those quests
[FC]<Chelm Soran> i'm almost done
[FC]<Chelm Soran> ...
[FC]<Chelm Soran> what the gently caress
[FC]<Chelm Soran> WHY
[FC]<Chelm Soran> WHY YOSHIP
[FC]<Chelm Soran> WHAT KIND OF SICK JOKE IS THIS
[FC]<Chelm Soran> anything good i just said about this zone
[FC]<Chelm Soran> no
[FC]<Chelm Soran> i take it back

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
What broke them? Seeing a new wave of moogle quests pop up all of a sudden?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

That happens a couple of times iirc.

Including a new chain at 59!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Sic semper moogle quests :smith:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nuru posted:

There are plenty of goons who are not squeezing out .01% that you can play with.

Plenty of us don't squeeze that extra .01% dps just to spite those that do.

hobbesmaster posted:

One lingering question:
Why can't dark side me pocket heal through fates, sometimes the bird isn't enough.

Why can't I take dark side me as a healer into dungeons, it'll be a better healer then most healers in DF

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

hobbesmaster posted:

That happens a couple of times iirc.

Including a new chain at 59!

That one's great because you spend like a half hour searching around for a horrible monster that's stealing kuponuts and it turns out it's just a normal gaelicat that followed the twelveswood moogles from the sea of clouds.

They should've replaced some of those moogle quests with more sidequests in Azys Lla. It felt like you barely spend any time there, but the few quests that you get have amazing dialog.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Driving the Tachikoma in A2S is fun.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Leal posted:

Plenty of us don't squeeze that extra .01% dps just to spite those that do.

There's nothing more goony than intentionally being an idiot to make not-idiots mad

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
has anyone figured out how to get the gobwalker mount yet?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Doublestep posted:

There's nothing more goony than intentionally being an idiot to make not-idiots mad

Wow sounds like you have care and/or are mad.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Doublestep posted:

when i'm lazy on drg i just do a 50 rotation and slot in blood of the dragon and geirskogul when the cooldown expires :quig:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Leal posted:

I got DRK to 50 and my god, that quest :vince:

I can see why people say DRK quests are disappointing post 50.

I'm never going to be able to hear Breaking Boundaries without thinking about that entire quest chain, it's so great. Also, make sure to go back and look at the quest descriptions in your log.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

vOv posted:

Also, make sure to go back and look at the quest descriptions in your log.

:stare:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Kitfox88 posted:

when i'm lazy on drg i just do a 50 rotation and slot in blood of the dragon and geirskogul when the cooldown expires :quig:

This isn't that bad because you're still applying chaos thrust and disembowel

That drg upthread wasn't even doing that consistently

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you really want to be lazy as a drg, just do the level 60 rotation without Geirskogul. That's way easier than the level 50 rotation, and probably higher damage as well.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Alaemon posted:

Pubbie DRGs loving blow, I regularly come across them on excal that don't even bother using Heavy Thrust most of the time (yes, even in HLDR and EXDR).

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Kuvo posted:

has anyone figured out how to get the gobwalker mount yet?
Nope, the most likely theory I've heard is that it'll come from savage Alex 4 though.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
:toot::siren::toot:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Wow sounds like you have care and/or are mad.

He is.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Also,

The Chairman fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Aug 17, 2015

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Begemot posted:

That one's great because you spend like a half hour searching around for a horrible monster that's stealing kuponuts and it turns out it's just a normal gaelicat that followed the twelveswood moogles from the sea of clouds.

They should've replaced some of those moogle quests with more sidequests in Azys Lla. It felt like you barely spend any time there, but the few quests that you get have amazing dialog.

The 59 chain was good and funny. ("There's TWO floating island areas?!")

The enormous number of chains in the churning mists though definitely wore out their welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
There's a weird stigma about joining the goon FCs where someone thinks they will have to be super pro and push that 0.1% or whatever people mention. That's not really a thing. The only time folks will hear from super nerds like me or other people is if you're actively giving bad advice in FC chat to someone new. Otherwise we're off in our own linkshell worlds and also posting stupid poo poo about dress-up or otherwise.

• Locked thread