Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Cop gay. So What posted:

Don't make excuses for why you can't find your micro wiener

It finds its way into ur mom on occasion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Fed LEO had eye sight requirements? I'm hosed. With no contacts I literally can't see the E on the eye chart.

Secret service was 20/60 uncorrected thats insane.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Get laser surgery you dumb idiots

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
gently caress you if you have bad vision

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Whip Slagcheek posted:

What the gently caress makes you think me and Branis can afford that?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

GunForumMeme posted:

What the gently caress makes you think me and Branis can afford that?

wait isn't branis a sheriff? can't he tell the county to give him surgery?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Hahahaha.

Bootstraps? gently caress you got mine?

gently caress you if you can afford not only laser surgery but can get several weeks off work to recover as well.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
WELCOME TO FORUM MOTHER BASE BITCHES

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Cop gay. So What posted:

Hahahaha.

gently caress you if you can afford not only laser surgery but can get several weeks off work to recover as well.

I had lasix before deploying back in 2007. I recall it was about 2K then, and the recovery was a day. I drove myself to the follow up appointment the next morning. You can be back to work the day after surgery.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Branis posted:

Secret service was 20/60 uncorrected thats insane.

There's a super duper implant coming out in the next 5 years that lets you see 3x as well as a normal human

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Untagged posted:

WELCOME TO FORUM MOTHER BASE BITCHES

idgi? Metal gear reference?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Phuzzy posted:

wait isn't branis a sheriff? can't he tell the county to give him surgery?

Deputy sheriff, and my eyesight is too bad for surgery.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Cop gay. So What posted:

Hahahaha.

My fiancée had lasik and she went back to work two days later. I had PRK and went back to work three days later.

What I'm saying is, as is your usual "make poo poo up" Rethuglikkkkan style, you do not need several weeks off to recover from laser surgery.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
bernie sanders for president

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Weird. My wife just saw her doc about lasik and she was told to expect 2-3 weeks recovery. She basically dropped the idea all together because she can't go that long without driving.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Weird. My wife just saw her doc about lasik and she was told to expect 2-3 weeks recovery. She basically dropped the idea all together because she can't go that long without driving.

2-3 weeks in the sense of "you will have to wear dumbass goggles to sleep so you don't accidentally rub your eyes and gently caress up the healing" but I was driving the next day.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

ActusRhesus posted:

2-3 weeks in the sense of "you will have to wear dumbass goggles to sleep so you don't accidentally rub your eyes and gently caress up the healing" but I was driving the next day.

Yeah she had to wear the dummy goggles too but was completely fine with driving and working. I couldn't leave the house for three days and had to be in a darkened room, but my eyes weren't qualified for LASIK so I had to do PRK. Once those three days were up I was completely fine.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

gently caress PRK.

(That's the only one navy would do at the time and they couldn't get me an appointment before deployment because all appointments were taken up by dumbass academy mids who all thought they were going to be jet pilots...and ended up SWOs) so I went out of pocket.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I didn't mind it. :shrug:

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I didn't mind it. :shrug:

Supposedly it's way more painful.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Police Lounge 2.0: Laser beam ur faulty eyeballs already losers

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

^
People love watching "Cops"

ActusRhesus posted:

Supposedly it's way more painful.

Sleeping was a little annoying, but they gave me some opthalmic painkiller and it was fine. The procedure itself was fine because I was doped up on valium.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

I thought Kelly was supposed to be ironic?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I cant wait until my brain can be uploaded into a computer and put into a robot body. gently caress being a meat sack forever, robot supremacy.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Branis posted:

I cant wait until my brain can be uploaded into a computer and put into a robot body. gently caress being a meat sack forever, robot supremacy.
Robocop. The future is now.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Would you still have your dick? Or like a robot dick? I just watched the new robocop and the ending is all cheery with him and his family but you know that the wife is gonna be stepping out if homeboy doesn't have a dick anymore :shrug:

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

You get a robodick. It's like a vibrator but better.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Better for the lady sure, but that robot dick is just sending a bunch of ones and zeros to my robot brain trying to simulate an orgasm right? I dunno, I remain unconvinced.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Sounds like a you problem. :quagmire:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

ActusRhesus posted:

Robocop. The future is now.

Good time to repost this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTnxP7e7-YA

and then those fucks from Chappie copied the idea

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Neill Blomkamp directed Chappie...

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Did I just get rused

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Welp, Fairfax County indicted that (former) officer that shot John Geer.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Teflon Don posted:

Neill Blomkamp directed Chappie...

Teflon Don posted:

Did I just get rused

:golfclap:

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Welp, Fairfax County indicted that (former) officer that shot John Geer.

Gonna roast that dude looks like. I mean they fired him a while back and already paid out the family so they knew which way the wind was blowing.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Am I reading this right? Geer was shot because he had a holstered gun at his feet?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Darren Wilson did nothing wrong.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Am I reading this right? Geer was shot because he had a holstered gun at his feet?

I haven't read through the news report yet but originally it was reported the guy who shot him thought he was reaching for the gun. The situation started with Greer holding his gun and telling the cops he was going to use it, but he eventually put it on the ground and then the standoff ensued. Sounded like the reaching for the gun part wasn't confirmed by anyone else there.

edit. Now that I got it up. Pretty much that no one saw what the shooter said he did, and even if he did, simply placing his hands down to his waist wasn't enough to say he was going for the gun on the floor and that would not justify shooting him. Part of the bigger picture though was after the guy was shot they waited for SWAT to come and take the house, where the dude had already bled out.

GOT IT WHIP.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 18, 2015

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

^^
The guy that shot Geer is the only one that said he was going for his gun. The officer standing right next to him wrote that Geer's hands were up. I'm surprised it took this long for an indictment.

Cop gay. So What posted:

Darren Wilson did nothing wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

The officer standing right next to him wrote that Geer's hands were up. I'm surprised it took this long for an indictment.

THE PROBLEM WITH THE "ONE BAD APPLE" THEORY IS THAT ALL THE "GOOD" COPS HIDE BEHIND THE THIN BLUE LINE AND WON'T EVER RAT OUT THE BAD ONES. WHEN WILL THE GOOD COPS STAND UP?????

*splits pants*

Mandy Thompson posted:

If the police didn't demonstrate contempt for the rule of law or cover for the misconduct of other police officers they would probably see more compliance. What they do instead completely sabotages any trust the community might have. I am a white woman and based on what I have seen even I am afraid of police because they don't follow the rules. Legitimacy is the difference between a cop and an rear end in a top hat with a gun.

Mandy Thompson posted:

It would be nice if the cops could [start obeying the laws] and stop covering for officers who break them

That would be nice, wouldn't it?

e: Welcome to the glorious Mother Ship, please obey all posted rules or face the consequences.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 18, 2015

• Locked thread