Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Stay with Cartman.

Cartman's a butthole, but Butters is our bottom bitch and that's a sacred bond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Stay with Cartman because I betrayed him in my playthrough. :downs:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I voted Cartman, because it's just not worth giving up Butters. Also, you're white and non-Jewish, so it just seems more South Park to stay with the KKK :v:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
#TeamButters

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Butters deserves our respect, and I'll be damned if we break Princess Kenny's heart

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cartman's impotent rage is the funniest part of South Park so you should do whatever is most likely to cause it. Join the elves.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Cartman's impotent rage is the funniest part of South Park so you should do whatever is most likely to cause it. Join the elves.

This, this, this! Also, Princess Kenny is a terrible companion compared to Stan and Jimmy.

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011
My vote is to betray Cartman. Number 1, he's an rear end in a top hat, and number 2, I remember Stan being gently caress awesome in combat.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Always Betray Cartman

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
If it was just Cartman, I'd betray him in a heartbeat. Except it's not just him we'd be turning our back on.

We'd be turning our back on our first friend in South Park.

And the only person to give us a pat on the back, earning a small smile.

DO IT FOR BUTTERS.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Listen, all elves may be horrible, horrible beast, unworthy of any sort of redemption, but on the other hand, Cartman.

I rest my case.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Stay with cartman, become the grand wizard of the KKK, it is your destiny

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, if we could bring Butters along, it'd be a slam dunk for joining the pointy-eared bastards. As it is, Paladins before pansies is the way to go.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I stayed with with Cartman, 'cause seriously, you guys, he's the best character

I don't know if this would change with changing alliances, but I always loved how certain times when you'd fart on something outside of battle, you'd hear a phantom Cartman giggling his rear end off; so great

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Butters is the only reason why I'm not heading straight for Kyle's side. :( But I voted for Kyle anyway since I sided with Cartman in my playthrough. Sorry Butters.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The entire point of Cartman's character is that he's a huge rear end in a top hat who gets thwarted so we can enjoy his impotent rage. I see no reason not to do so.

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax
As it seems Butters is going to be the antagonist of the next game, I say gently caress him. Kenny's cool but Kenny also doesn't give a poo poo about Cartman either. BETRAY CARTMAN.

Zira
Oct 9, 2007

You have a job! Karl has a job! What's my purpose?
Karl has a job!Karl has a job!
What's my purpose? What's my
You have a job! purpose?
What's my purpose?
What's my purpose?
I went with Kyle, since I frankly like him so much more than Cartman.

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Stay with Cartman. He may be a bumhole, but Kyle really keeps up with him by being all high and mighty about it

On another note, I like how goth's "non-comformist" irony played in dance-off episode: when invited to join a dance team, they all said to shove it, but the tall one was such a non-comformist he actually did join. I also like that episode since it reveals that Butters killed like 10-20 people depending on how you view indirect deaths

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

On one hand, pissing off Cartman is always funny. On the other, we'd be betraying Butters. Honestly though Kyle and Stan are buttholes in this game, stay with Cartman.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 17, 2015

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Could you really live with yourselves by betraying Butters and the lovely Princess Kenny? She thinks we're cute you guys!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I can't in good conscience vote for joining an organization whose initials spell KKK.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I think we should at least see Stan and Jimmy in action first before a decision can be made.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I think we should at least see Stan and Jimmy in action first before a decision can be made.

Don't worry 'bout that. We'll have use of all four of our companions up until the minute we make a choice about which faction to back. The next update is gonna have us fighting with Stan, and I'll show Jimmy off in a Very Special Update on Saturday.

For those of you curious about the polls, right now joining the Elves is leading with 68% of the votes. Staying with the KKK is trailing with 32% of the votes.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

paradoxGentleman posted:

I can't in good conscience vote for joining an organization whose initials spell KKK.

Well that ship has sailed, so its not the question up for a vote, which is "Betray our existing friends under threat of being called a butthole or not"

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
Eh, gently caress Cartman. He was cool and edgy back in the 90s but the shtick is a little old at this point. Bring on the elves.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Side with the KKK because the end of the day is cooler.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Kyle is almost as much a jerkass as Cartman is honestly. Cartman at least is honest about it.

Side with the KKK, Do it for Butters for Christ's sake

Also, gently caress Elves.

He's the only guy who can make the MC smile.

edit: why did I bold that? This is a poll, doh.

mauman fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 17, 2015

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Going against the elves has funnier dialogue too, because Kyle and Stan are little dicks to Cartman.

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
Stick by your buds. Stick by your friends. Stick by Cartman.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Let's recreate the first trailer of the game by being dirty little hippy elves.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I mean, Butters is good, but Jimmy is really good.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I know what happens when you gently caress with Cartman... but it's Cartman, he's the purest form of evil I can think of besides invoking :godwin:

MidnightHailstorm
Feb 10, 2014
I'm going to have to vote Elves because Cartman, but drat if Obsidian didn't make this an otherwise hard choice.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

FeyerbrandX posted:

I know what happens when you gently caress with Cartman... but it's Cartman, he's the purest form of evil I can think of besides invoking :godwin:
You know that Hitler is basically Cartman's hero, right?

Poil fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 17, 2015

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Every lp I've seen of this game inevitably goes elves. Oh well, so much for something different :downs:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Poil posted:

You know that Hitler is basically Cartman's hero, right?

Yeah... yeah. But he still hasn't reached that level of atrocity.

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

FeyerbrandX posted:

Not for the lack of trying, mind you

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

FeyerbrandX posted:

No, but... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYtMoDcwAoQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Yeah, let's ditch Cartman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh3n3YNR2Wk

• Locked thread