Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
What happened to the spreadsheet that used to be in the OP that listed what content was added with each patch? Seems like that would be the best way to do all the 2.0-3.0 content without getting overloaded all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

bonds0097 posted:

What happened to the spreadsheet that used to be in the OP that listed what content was added with each patch? Seems like that would be the best way to do all the 2.0-3.0 content without getting overloaded all at once.

Are you talking the quests to get into heavensward or all the dungeons/raids/alliance raids?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Greg is my favorite Final Fantasy character.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Where can I see the fireworks in Ul'dah. I hear them going off, but buildings are always obscuring the view.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

You can sort of see them if you angle your camera just so at the goblet west aetheryte, but there aren't really any great places to see them in the goblet. Lavender beds and Mist have much, much better views.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

SirPhoebos posted:

Where can I see the fireworks in Ul'dah. I hear them going off, but buildings are always obscuring the view.

Virulence posted:

You can sort of see them if you angle your camera just so at the goblet west aetheryte, but there aren't really any great places to see them in the goblet. Lavender beds and Mist have much, much better views.

Point your camera South/Southwest at The Brimming Heart aetheryte, and you'll see them coming from behind houses 29 & 30.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Garin posted:

Hi guys have a Where's Waldo.

Fractal run:

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Fractal run:

:magical:

That is ... something special.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

bonds0097 posted:

They were taken offline, but there are a couple threads on /r/FFXIV that are good replacements: Guide to Catching Up to Patch 3.0 and What Did I Miss in Patch 2.x?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The Chairman posted:

They were taken offline, but there are a couple threads on /r/FFXIV that are good replacements: Guide to Catching Up to Patch 3.0 and What Did I Miss in Patch 2.x?

Lol cutscene skip wasn't available at release? I can't imagine what Praetorium runs were like before it got added.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

SirPhoebos posted:

Lol cutscene skip wasn't available at release? I can't imagine what Praetorium runs were like before it got added.

Cutscene skipping has always been available. What patch 2.28 added was the ability to automatically skip previously viewed cutscenes, such as intro/exit and travel ones, which was actually a huge help for playing without a SSD.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Vahalla posted:

Unrelated, but does anyone still have the link to that screenshot of the BOOST macro? This got dredged up on reddit but isn't half as good as the one posted here: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/31722-the-infamous-Gprime-boost-macro

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Niton posted:

Cutscene skipping has always been available. What patch 2.28 added was the ability to automatically skip previously viewed cutscenes, such as intro/exit and travel ones, which was actually a huge help for playing without a SSD.

Oh. That's more sensible if not as funny.

Talran
Sep 11, 2005

Be gone with you! You'll spoil my focus.

SirPhoebos posted:

Oh. That's more sensible if not as funny.

Speaking of which, always great fun to do on a pub roulette when you get one with a long intro, I usually use that time to get a beer.

Helps set the mood for the run.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Fractal run:

dude, don't rotation shame

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Willias posted:

dude, don't rotation shame

I think that's less "rotation" and more "set a weighted drinking bird on keyboard, occasionally smack random button without looking, stare at dog's butt when movement isn't required".

KoB
May 1, 2009

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Fractal run:

How do you get to 60 not knowing about combos.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Klades posted:

I think that's less "rotation" and more "set a weighted drinking bird on keyboard, occasionally smack random button without looking, stare at dog's butt when movement isn't required".

sometimes i just feel like rage of halone

and since when is movement required for anything?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

KoB posted:

How do you get to 60 not knowing about combos.
Some people think the spinny circles is a tutorial telling you the recommended rotation and they're mad they can't disable it since they know SO MUCH BETTER how to play the game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Some tooltips are legitimately a bit confusing for someone with no MMO experience. The fact that moves are better in a combo is not one of those things.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I never knew the crafting in this game was like Vanguard SOH's crafting. I'm guessing you can't augment things as you make them though, only HQ or not HQ?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
You can "augment" them after the fact in the form of materia melding, nothing during the craft though, no

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

megalodong posted:

I never knew the crafting in this game was like Vanguard SOH's crafting. I'm guessing you can't augment things as you make them though, only HQ or not HQ?

Vanguard is the best mmo I've ever played.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

kharaa posted:

You can "augment" them after the fact in the form of materia melding, nothing during the craft though, no

Ah well, still good though. It's much nicer than WOW's "queue up 50 of X, come back in 5 minutes" style.

RC Cola posted:

I dunno about best, but it's up there. So many good ideas mired in so many terrible ideas. I'm glad to see the crafting system lives on in this.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RC Cola posted:

I always end up comparing any MMO I play to my top 3 of Asheron's Call, Star Wars Galaxies (pre-combat patch), and Vanguard. Though this game is quickly climbing onto that list.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

There will be lots of dusk leather eventually. Just keep in mind that our airship fleet is literally the front vanguard of discovery AND ability, blue gartr didn't even start their airship program until 3 weeks after ours.

A Goon Fleet Reborn.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Forging a brave new path.

Shitposting in the skies of Eorzea.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/worldstatus/ says servers are online, but i'm getting a looping lobby error 2002 or XIV goes unresponsive.

Anyone else or did my install somehow gently caress itself over the weekend?

e: the usual switch data centers try again fix isn't working. After clicking 'Start' my xiv goes unresponsive for a minute, then 2002.

e2: I uh, uninstalled Skype. Issue resolved. I don't even loving know why this happened, I didn't even have it running in the background..?

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 18, 2015

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

RuanGacho posted:

There will be lots of dusk leather eventually. Just keep in mind that our airship fleet is literally the front vanguard of discovery AND ability, blue gartr didn't even start their airship program until 3 weeks after ours.

A Goon Fleet Reborn.

how does the whole airship ventures system work? would you mind writing up a short guide or something seeing how i will never deal with any of the airship stuff?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Fractal run:

*vomits uncontrollably*

Well that explains what those PLDs I'm bumping into while levelling WHM might be up to.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Just did my second frontlines roulette and I gotta say it's fun and good and people should do it.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Kuvo posted:

how does the whole airship ventures system work? would you mind writing up a short guide or something seeing how i will never deal with any of the airship stuff?

Sure.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/245872-Airship-Guide

:effort:

They've taken the time to do what I haven't yet. I can answer any other questions this doesn't address.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

RuanGacho posted:

A Goon Fleet Reborn.

So I guess that means we need to take all of this to private forums because spies :ninja:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Okay that guide isn't the greatest for here's how it works basic overview:
Airship FAQ

What are Airships?
Airships are workshop crafted venture machines that work a lot like individual retainers, they are given missions to explore a given sector and have a chance to bring back materials from that sector.

What can they bring back?
Airships have a selection of items they can bring back per sector, they can only bring back things that sector has, as rare or as common as they are. This ranges from materia and ores to items that are only obtainable through the airship like the coveted Dusk Leather

I want an airship! Can I get one?
Airships can only be presently procured and operated by Free Companies, at this time there does not seem to be any plans to expand this system to individuals with houses. Parts for the airship must be crafted in the workshop by Free Companies and they must be fueled by Ceruleum Tank which can only be purchased with company credits. Certain Free Companies have no issue supplying their airship with unlimited fuel.

How do I learn more about what airships can get and do?
The official forums community have created a google doc Here

How many airships can a FC have?
Four, a Free Company starts with 1 and through persistent exploration can unlock the rest over time.

I'm unimpressed, why should I care?
As of 3.1 airships will be used also for player based missions. These are expected to be desirable content.

My airship broke! Help!
Dark Matter[Clusters combined with Grade 6 Dark Matter can be combined to make repair kits, the higher quality the part, the more kits required per repair.

More later when I have a ship to play with maps and stuff.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

WobblySausage posted:

edit: also how can I get my ACT overplay plugin window to look like this:

?
This is pretty, I would also be interested in this, tia

(Is there just like an ACT setup guide somewhere? I haven't looked at all because I'm a fat lazy goon.)

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Does Prune basically exist to stack on top of Leaf Turn?

And can someone explain how Luck of the Pioneer would ever be used?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Luck of the Pioneer/Mountaineer is nice for popping a Grade V carbonized matter that you can then use a +yield skill on to get 2-6 of, but it's not really something I've ever used to great effect otherwise. Worse, if you use it on an unspoiled node that you didn't use Toil on, the other gathering slots will still be hidden out.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

RuanGacho posted:

A Goon Fleet Reborn.

Some Japanese FC had dusk leather like 3 weeks ago.

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
Got votekicked from a roulette Darkhold earlier. The reason: letting the eye hit me for ~900 hp.

Tandyr the Tank was the guy guy getting mad at me and he was in such a hurry he ran to pick up every enemy before getting buffed!

Hope their run went ok!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This is pretty, I would also be interested in this, tia

(Is there just like an ACT setup guide somewhere? I haven't looked at all because I'm a fat lazy goon.)

1) install act, install the ffxiv parser in the thing, when it opens a thing to look for a log file just cancel out of the wizard

2) download this: https://github.com/RainbowMage/OverlayPlugin/releases

3) *IMPORTANT* go to file location, right click, properties, uncheck the protected thing

4) unzip it to program files\advanced blah blah\overlay

5) go to plugins tab and add the overplayplugin.dll in that folder, check enable

6) go to overlayplugin.dll tab for settings, add mini parse, spell timers, or enmity overlay as desired

7) subtabs let you configure the overlays and the URL lets you choose a different html file for the overlay, with different themes. im a fan of miniparseGlowIconGraph.html for mini parse.

:siren: :siren: NEVER GIVE PARSER NUMBERS IN GAME OR EVER EVER BERATE ANYONE'S DPS YOU COULD GET BANNED FOR IT IT HAS HAPPENED BUT NOBODY WILL KNOW IF YOU KEEP YOUR TRAP SHUT P.S. GMS CAN AND DO READ FREE COMPANY, LINKSHELL, AND TELL LOGS SO DON'T BE A COY PIECE OF poo poo OR THEY'LL BAN YOU HARDER :siren: :siren:

third party tools are against the rules don't use them

• Locked thread