Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Brazil has a shitload of empty stadiums they built for the world cup that are basically going unusued. The Rio Raiders sounds pretty good to me. And they're in a way better time zone than London, for having normal games at normal times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Leperflesh posted:

Brazil has a shitload of empty stadiums they built for the world cup that are basically going unusued. The Rio Raiders sounds pretty good to me. And they're in a way better time zone than London, for having normal games at normal times.

We see enough folks puking on the field from concussions. No need to add intestinal distress.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Chargers to San Diego: gently caress y'all proposals:

quote:

Chargers point man Mark Fabiani was quick to criticize City Hall, as he has since the stadium push was revived in January.

"Never before in California history has a controversial, billion dollar project relied on environmental review documents hastily prepared in three weeks," Fabiani, a former deputy mayor of Los Angeles, said in a statement. "The Chargers have been clear from the start that the franchise will not be the City's guinea pig for this inevitably ill-fated legal experiment. Remember, these are the same politicians who told us, with disastrous results in court, that the convention center expansion could be financed by a vote of the hoteliers rather than a vote of the people."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wow, what an rear end in a top hat.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Wow, what an rear end in a top hat.

Vintage Fabiani. It's white noise at this point.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I don't know what that pot shot at the convention center means but he is 100% correct about environmental review

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

At this point, San Diego could literally build a stadium from a wish from a genie, and instantly sell out of season tickets for the next 50 years and the Chargers would still move. That's been their plan from the start and nothing is going to deviate them from it. Literally everything the city does is met with "gently caress this city they're all idiots, gently caress you." from the Chargers side, it's kind of obvious.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lol if the Chargers get stuck in San Diego after burning every bridge

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

The best way for this to end

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
gently caress it move them to Tijuana

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

"So you know that rent we haven't been charging you to play at Qualcomm the last two decades? Well, that's changing really quick."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

And it happens immediately after overpaying a bigot that's never getting them a Super Bowl

I'm sorry Ross, but this has just become the funniest saga in 2015 football and this is the perfect ending to it all

Metapod posted:

Actually, the only way it could get better is if the mayor records the apology the owner personally makes to him and leaks the audio to ESPN

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

And it happens immediately after overpaying a bigot that's never getting them a Super Bowl

lol what

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'd assume he's talking about Rivers being against gay marriage.

Or the ridiculous guaranteed money there.

Or the fact that San Diego isn't allowed to win the Super Bowl.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I'd assume he's talking about Rivers being against gay marriage.

Or the ridiculous guaranteed money there.

Or the fact that San Diego isn't allowed to win the Super Bowl.

Meh

Worth every penny

Not Rivers' fault

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Raiders and Rams gonna share a stadium probably. I'm cool with that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I demand both the Raiders and Rams make new LA music videos.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Metapod posted:

DISAGREE

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

I demand both the Raiders and Rams make new LA music videos.

Just update Ram It with current Rams players. Keep the music and dance moves totally unchanged, though.

Also, bring back the old Rams uniforms.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Volkerball posted:

Yup, this is cool

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Yup, this is cool

Agreed.

Can't wait to hear the Chargers complain about two more teams coming into the Southern California market when it never seemed to bother them when the Rams and Raiders were here before

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Which would be the second most petty market bitching/moaning in CA (Giants/A's is number one)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Volkerball posted:

The least murderous option

JRizzle posted:

DISAGREE

I'm sorry, JRizzle

St Louis is now the place teams will threaten to move to for the next few decades

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm sorry Ross, but this has just become the funniest saga in 2015 football and this is the perfect ending to it all

You must have forgotten the 9ers or T*m Brady exists.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

warcrimes posted:

You must have forgotten the 9ers or T*m Brady exists.

Kaep hasn't been benched for Gabbert yet, and Brady hasn't lost in court yet, so either/both of those sagas can get much lower and much funnier still

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The most ridiculous outcome would be Rams and Raiders to LA and the Chargers moving to St. Louis.

St. Louis Chargers winning the Super Bowl right before Rivers retires.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I don't want the Rams to move

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I don't want the Rams to move

Literally no one but the owner does

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Maybe I'm crazy but if we didn't have BrockPeyton, I'd be okay with paying Rivers' contract. :shrug:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

old dog child posted:

Maybe I'm crazy but if we didn't have BrockPeyton, I'd be okay with paying Rivers' contract. :shrug:

It's not a bad contract

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I want the Rams to move :nyoron:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

move the rams to LA, move the colts to St. Louis

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Blitz7x posted:

Literally no one but the owner does

I'm cool with it. My childhood demands the return of the Raiders and Rams to LA.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

gently caress it move them to Tijuana

ironically I would go to games if this happened.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Chinatown posted:

ironically I would go to games if this happened.

That halftime show would be fantastic and worth the price of admission. Why has the superbowl never been in Mexico City?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Elephanthead posted:

Why has the superbowl never been in Mexico City?

Just the thought of sportswriter's reaction to this announcement is giving me a semi

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Elephanthead posted:

That halftime show would be fantastic and worth the price of admission. Why has the superbowl never been in Mexico City?

The past 20 years have not really been the best in Mexico.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LA or San Antonio, come on down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

If San Antonio gets an NFL team and they immediately draft the football equivalent of Tim Duncan to propel them to sustained excellence rivaling the Spurs while the Romo and Dirk-less Dallas franchises crumble into dust, I'll give up on pro sports for a decade.

• Locked thread