Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Hey time to read the archeage forums.

Here's a good one

quote:

Extra Compensation Demanded for Naima players
I will try to be as civil as possible as I write this, despite the boiling anger I have within me.

On behalf of all the Naima players who were misled up till the last update that Naima was "not considered for evolution", I want to express the anger and the frustration that we feel here.

Yes, we do not want Evolution. All the updates thus far, until the last one, had led us to believe that Naima was fine.

Other servers who had been on the Evolution list had been informed over two months beforehand.

During that time, they could and would have;
1) Decided if they wanted to transfer or stay for the merge
2) Liquidated their assets accordingly, with the ample time (over 2 freaking months) to find suitable buyers, either ingame or cross-section via forums posts. Heck, some even found cross-server buyers, if they shared the same auction house cluster.
3) Casually created free account pack mules and moved their stuff as their time for playing Archeage permits.

Naima players will not have this luxury.

Even now, fire sales are breaking out on our server. Whether it be crafting mats, trade pack mats, and various properties.

Naima players are in a panic, and rightly so.

It's late in the night, and players are as active as ever. Not because they are happily enjoying the game, but because if they miss this window to sell their excess mats and lands, they will be stuck with it, and lose them all come merger time.

I can't even imagine when the morning comes, and more Naima players wake up to this cruel, this sudden, this unexpected betrayal.

Trion team. What you have done is an insult, hurtful, and disrespectful of your players in Naima.

I am going to lose half my guild to this horrendous cock-up.

Give us something to convince our fellow Naima players not to quit Archeage altogether.

Make it good. Make it big.

Make us stay.

#Naimaplayersmatter

#respectourplaytime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
That is pretty drat rude for Trion to do. Lead a server on like that, and then surprise them with that news.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
holy lmao #naimaplayersmatter

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That's some Carbine level goodness from Trion. :getin:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

#Naimaplayersmatter

Holy gently caress.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Schubalts posted:

That is pretty drat rude for Trion to do. Lead a server on like that, and then surprise them with that news.

To be fair, all the previous updates Trion posted have stated that the servers affected by the merge are tentative and could still be subject to change.

But oh god, the forum tears, lol

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wait wait wait, players lose items upon the merger? How does that loving work? Is it because its tied to housing or something?

This is hilarious anyways.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
#allplayersmatter

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
ArcheAge players gonna crash a Bernie rally.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

ArcheAge players gonna crash a Bernie rally.

Why is Bernie in their mom's basement?

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wait wait wait, players lose items upon the merger? How does that loving work? Is it because its tied to housing or something?

This is hilarious anyways.

I think anything that is not is not tied down to your inventory or storage will be gone (eg: your chest storage).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hakimashou posted:

Hey time to read the archeage forums.

Here's a good one

did they really reappropriate black lives matter as a way to express their outrage over a video game server merger

LOL

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

did they really reappropriate black lives matter as a way to express their outrage over a video game server merger

LOL

Hashtag activism is stupid anyhow

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
So today I got a random email about this server-merge business and immediately went to this thread. And it looks like the first drama is already happening! The thread does not disappoint. :allears:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Yeah but that's not the kind of "how will they shoot themselves in the foot for no reason" that happened around launch, people saw this coming for ages, since shortly after launch in fact. The only surprise is it took them this long.

Dasyati
Nov 7, 2011
So HackShield is EOL and getting removed with the next update. Trion is claiming to be holding off on adding XL's replacement rootkit of choice, GameGuard, until certain "functionality and stability requirements" are met and/or "an alternate solution can be found."

I don't know much about GameGuard except that people hate it more than HackShield. But it sounds like the game is going to be devoid of any anti-cheat software whatsoever for a little while... could be interesting to watch.

Regarding GG though, is it as horrible as everyone seems to suggest?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dasyati posted:

So HackShield is EOL and getting removed with the next update. Trion is claiming to be holding off on adding XL's replacement rootkit of choice, GameGuard, until certain "functionality and stability requirements" are met and/or "an alternate solution can be found."

I don't know much about GameGuard except that people hate it more than HackShield. But it sounds like the game is going to be devoid of any anti-cheat software whatsoever for a little while... could be interesting to watch.

Regarding GG though, is it as horrible as everyone seems to suggest?

gameguard is literally a rootkit that cant be disabled from task manager and causes more harm to the non-hackers. GG was busted wide open from day 1. It causes less false positives, but also much more trouble when it comes to simply launching the game.

It works by referencing a list of known hacks. All the free hacks are detected and pretty much none of the private ones are.

Tell me if you think anyone hacks in these games: Rohan: Blood Feud, Lineage II, 9Dragons, Cabal Online, Phantasy Star Universe, GunZ: The Duel, Metin2, Flyff, Rappelz, Luna Online, PangYa, Prius Online, Ragnarok Online and Alliance of Valiant Arms

They all use Gameguard.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Aug 20, 2015

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
On the other hand, maybe it will work on windows 10 :v:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gwrtheyrn posted:

On the other hand, maybe it will work on windows 10 :v:

it actually specifically doesnt work on win10.

Get hosed

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

it actually specifically doesnt work on win10.

Get hosed

Well neither does hackshield apparently, so poo poo software is still poo poo

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a lot of the invasive anti-piracy measures like securom dont either, making the pirated version of several games the only ones that work on win10

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
About Archeage-crafting: I've tried to wrap my head around it, but failed for now, due to :effort: on my part. For now it looks like you have to expend money for a lot of things, like just making dried flowers. Is that it? You buy poo poo and use it up? Isn't there a way to make your own tools?

Right now I'm thinking back to FFXIV's crafting and seriously consider going back, even though it costs money to play and Archeage doesn't. I guess you get what you pay for, or I'm missing something about Archeage-crafting. :shrug:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Libluini posted:

About Archeage-crafting: I've tried to wrap my head around it, but failed for now, due to :effort: on my part. For now it looks like you have to expend money for a lot of things, like just making dried flowers. Is that it? You buy poo poo and use it up? Isn't there a way to make your own tools?

Right now I'm thinking back to FFXIV's crafting and seriously consider going back, even though it costs money to play and Archeage doesn't. I guess you get what you pay for, or I'm missing something about Archeage-crafting. :shrug:

It costs so little as to be irrelevant once you're past level 10 or so

Dasyati
Nov 7, 2011

Libluini posted:

Some ingredients you have to buy from the NPC merchants, but the total cost is almost always less than the price of the final product on the auction house minus fees. You're spending your labor to make profit, and the profit goes back into crafting.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

gameguard is literally a rootkit that cant be disabled from task manager and causes more harm to the non-hackers. GG was busted wide open from day 1. It causes less false positives, but also much more trouble when it comes to simply launching the game.

It works by referencing a list of known hacks. All the free hacks are detected and pretty much none of the private ones are.

Tell me if you think anyone hacks in these games: Rohan: Blood Feud, Lineage II, 9Dragons, Cabal Online, Phantasy Star Universe, GunZ: The Duel, Metin2, Flyff, Rappelz, Luna Online, PangYa, Prius Online, Ragnarok Online and Alliance of Valiant Arms

They all use Gameguard.

I didn't play any of those games, but I recall playing at least one MMO that used Gameguard and it was a steaming heap of horse poo poo. Didn't stop any of the real hackers, and was just a nuisance for everyone else. Not surprising that Trion is using it despite that. They're completely incompetent.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

ruffz posted:

I didn't play any of those games, but I recall playing at least one MMO that used Gameguard and it was a steaming heap of horse poo poo. Didn't stop any of the real hackers, and was just a nuisance for everyone else. Not surprising that Trion is using it despite that. They're completely incompetent.

Basically every korean developed game uses gameguard or hackshield, and they're both worthless

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ruffz posted:

Trion is not using GameGuard, intentionally, learn to read.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PCOS Bill posted:

Trion is not using GameGuard, intentionally, learn to read.

not intentionally, because they cant right now. It doesnt meet their minimum standards of being terrible

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

What you are missing witht he mergers is that they are canning 6 servers, but making 4 new ones.

I repeat

they are canning 6 servers because there isnt enough players on them,

and making 4 servers that are somehow going to be magically filled to the brim with players.

(exactly how they are going to keep the players that dont get their land back remains a complete mystery that they totally even refuse to pretent they consider, but hey..)

And this is because their original plans of only canning 4 servers and making 3 new ones didnt fit their numbers...

They also claim they will monitor the land rushes, but then again they are claiming that people will actually be able to log in (which all of the previous major events have shown is definetly not something to count on.)

The next few weeks in AA will be glorious. I wonder if you can bet on this going smoothly somewhere.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Well at least with the last patch, red dragons in karkasse became a hotspot for faction PvP. Had 3 raids of west factions (all working together, heh) fighting against the east, and killed the red dragons.

On the other hand, everything else are still crap.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

AA did have some great pretty princess opportunities tho

:rip:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meskhenet posted:

What you are missing witht he mergers is that they are canning 6 servers, but making 4 new ones.

I repeat

they are canning 6 servers because there isnt enough players on them,

and making 4 servers that are somehow going to be magically filled to the brim with players.

(exactly how they are going to keep the players that dont get their land back remains a complete mystery that they totally even refuse to pretent they consider, but hey..)

And this is because their original plans of only canning 4 servers and making 3 new ones didnt fit their numbers...

They also claim they will monitor the land rushes, but then again they are claiming that people will actually be able to log in (which all of the previous major events have shown is definetly not something to count on.)

The next few weeks in AA will be glorious. I wonder if you can bet on this going smoothly somewhere.

lol

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
You know, this game ain't that bad. Its still entertaining us 8 months after we all quit.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Charles Bukowski posted:

You know, this game ain't that bad. Its still entertaining us 8 months after we all quit.

well everything except the game is pretty good

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
ArcheAge is actually really fun

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Hey what do Worker's Comp potions go for now? I remember when this game started, I speculated like 500g worth of potions when they were around 5g-7g each.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SweetBro posted:

Hey what do Worker's Comp potions go for now? I remember when this game started, I speculated like 500g worth of potions when they were around 5g-7g each.

Like 70g last I looked

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

Much like EVE online, where I spent 5x more time reading about the game than actually playing it. But there's a big difference, EVE is still a successful game after 12 years. ArcheAge swirled down the toilet bowl within 3 months.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but what a 3 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Since HS is going away, does thta mean we cna now run more than one client on a PC? That was one of my main issue about the game.

• Locked thread