Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
yeah I'm sure Eleanor/Ellie will be pretty popular in the future, similar to how Jackson is the most popular name now 2 years running when it was incredibly rare 20 years ago.

I just really, really like the name Eleanor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Also: phone posting sucks, why am I doing this?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

yeah basically just take the Bartlet women's names if you need any advice

I don't like Zoe and I know too many Elizabeths for it not to be weird.

My other pre-planned baby names are Jeremy and Meredith.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hey I already need a replacement for my game! It just started last night.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734881

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's a super hot girl moved into my hostel room and I want to ladybang her. Help me mafia thread, what do I do D:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

There's a super hot girl moved into my hostel room and I want to ladybang her. Help me mafia thread, what do I do D:

Ask her out for tacos.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Rarity posted:

Take her to dodgeball and impress her with your sick dodheball skills imo.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

As a Mark with a k I've been asked the spelling a number of times but I've never met a Marc.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Speaking of dodgeball my team did not make it far enough to get filmed. :(

I did get to throw balls at a bunch of bros and get them out, though, so that was fun.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 27, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Ask her out for tacos.

Nice use of innuendo 8/10

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rarity posted:

Be all like "Sup, want to ladybang"?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

Be all like "Sup, want to ladybang"?

I fear this may lead to being slapped

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Stay away from her!!!

She's probably gonna be kidnapped by a group that sells her torture rights to super rich people and then she will be tortured to death.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ixtlilton posted:

As a Mark with a k I've been asked the spelling a number of times but I've never met a Marc.

Hi name buddy! :hfive:

I've known a couple Marcs and one of them was in the same grade as me in high school.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rarity posted:

I fear this may lead to being slapped

Well maybe that's what you're in to, I don't know.

I should disclaim I have absolutely no idea how to get women to sleep with me. It just happens and I am quietly grateful

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Nice use of innuendo 8/10

I thought it'd be to obvious and crude if I said: ask her if she wants to eat a taco.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Realtalk: I've already said we should go get a drink together some time cause she doesn't know anyone in Bristol (she said yes) but until then how do I a) find out if she's gay and b) make sure we don't chat too much we just become friends?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Allen Wren posted:

Might as well make this the recruiting corner, I'm still at -5 to start, and uranus and I are already in each other's games, we can't help each other any more than we are.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736669

Quoting this post again because players joining would be cool and good.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

Realtalk: I've already said we should go get a drink together some time cause she doesn't know anyone in Bristol (she said yes) but until then how do I a) find out if she's gay and b) make sure we don't chat too much we just become friends?

I wouldn't gently caress anyone in the same hostel room as a matter of course but I assume it'll be pretty apparent how she feels a couple drinks in

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

I wouldn't gently caress anyone in the same hostel room as a matter of course

Not while she's here!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Deep empty your inbox

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i did

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
that reminded me to empty my inbox, so thanks

:feelsgood:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Everyone, empty your inboxes

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rarity posted:

a) don't you gay ladies all have gaydar? One of my close friends at work is gay and she can always tell when someone is gay, even before they come out (we have quite a gay-positive workplace and have had numerous people come out after starting working for us)

b) the friend zone doesn't exist, for women or men.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

a) don't you gay ladies all have gaydar? One of my close friends at work is gay and she can always tell when someone is gay, even before they come out (we have quite a gay-positive workplace and have had numerous people come out after starting working for us)

b) the friend zone doesn't exist, for women or men.

My gaydar is TERRIBLE. Other gay girls always think I'm straight as well

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

gaydar is an outmoded concept based on expected cultural norms in homosexual society and is generally pure-strain bullshit

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rarity posted:

My gaydar is TERRIBLE. Other gay girls always think I'm straight as well

Ok, here's how we do it. We set up a time for the 4 of us to Skype chat, my friend will figure out if she's gay, we'll give you the go/no go signal.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ok, here's how we do it. We set up a time for the 4 of us to Skype chat, my friend will figure out if she's gay, we'll give you the go/no go signal.

I was thinking I'd just mention Orange is the New Black and see if she goes nuts for Ruby Rose

...Actually, that could work.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Opopanax posted:

You shouldn't have such a hipster attitude about your kids name, assina. You should cram a bunch of comic book references in there like me!

When a friend of mine was picking baby names, they decided on Matilda Pixar Myers if they had a girl, or Michael Eastwood Myers for a boy.

He had a girl, and now I know someone with Pixar in their name.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

I was thinking I'd just mention Orange is the New Black and see if she goes nuts for Ruby Rose

...Actually, that could work.

This is not related to your post but it reminded me of it.

Yesterday one of my female friends was texting me pics of people we both knew who she had found on twitter. TINDER. NOT TWITTER. Being a biggish city with only one college, and that we both went to high schools in the city, there's bound to be a lot of people we know.

She found 4, and all 4 of them mentioned how much they watch or their skill at watching netflix on their public bio thing.

The netflix and chill singularity is complete. And very very sad.

George Kansas fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 18, 2015

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mithross posted:

When a friend of mine was picking baby names, they decided on Matilda Pixar Myers if they had a girl, or Michael Eastwood Myers for a boy.

Please tell me it's not Pixar like the studio.

I don't know why that would be a family name otherwise, but please. Please.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mithross posted:

I'm calling the studio right now and soon that child will be slapped with an injunction to prevent her from ever making money using her name.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
She was absolutely named after the studio

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I realize I typed twitter instead of tinder in my post. It changes the context of the post significantly so I wanted to say so.

Mithross posted:

She was absolutely named after the studio

I mean I love pixar but

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Hey I already need a replacement for my game! It just started last night.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734881

I'll step in if you still need someone

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm never having kids, so my dog bore the brunt of my not taking names seriously. He's Dread Pirate Roberts. I think it runs in the family because my sisters dog is Professor Sockington. If I got another dog I would call it The Six Fingered Man.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

My sister and I got our names since they are spelt and mostly pronounced the same way in Spanish and English. If my parents hadn't stuck with that I'd of been a Sergio, Javier, or most likely Julian. I really don't like Julian in either language so I'm happy I got Daniel run of the mill as it is.

I personally love the name Hector and it works in all 3 languages I now speak so I think any male kid I have will get that as long as my partner's cool with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

yuming posted:

I like the names Alice,

All the young girls love Alice. Tender young Alice they say...

BottleKnight posted:

This is not related to your post but it reminded me of it.

Yesterday one of my female friends was texting me pics of people we both knew who she had found on twitter. TINDER. NOT TWITTER. Being a biggish city with only one college, and that we both went to high schools in the city, there's bound to be a lot of people we know.

She found 4, and all 4 of them mentioned how much they watch or their skill at watching netflix on their public bio thing.

The netflix and chill singularity is complete. And very very sad.

Skill at watching TV. :what: