Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I'm fantasizing right now about an electoral map on Fox News showing every single state blue, and the ticker just repeating the words "RONALD REAGAN DEAD, NO HOPE FOR AMERICA"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

yeah theyve polled clinton-bush-trump and trump steals like 4 or 5% from clinton and like 15-20% from bush. last one i saw was clinton 44%, bush 25% and trump 24% (lol)

I would like to see a poll that has a four way election between Sanders, Clinton, Bush, and Trump.

Celador posted:

Can somebody link that debate video with the crystal moderating and Rand with a gas mask and the creepy talking baby? My YouTube searches are coming up with nothing. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8bVKt25YdE

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

from PPP's recent iowa poll

quote:

The specter of a Donald Trump independent candidacy continues to be a serious threat to the GOP. In a three way contest he would get 21%, with Clinton's lead over Bush rising to 9 points at 39/30. Trump gets 29% of the Republican vote and 28% of the independent vote as a third party candidate, while only taking 8% of Democrats. Trump's 21% standing as an independent becomes a little less impressive when you consider that Deez Nuts also polls at 7% as an independent, which sort of suggests that might be the floor for a third party candidate. (Clinton leads Trump 41/36 in the iteration of the horse race including Mr. Nuts.)

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Thank you!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

from PPP's recent iowa poll

Hey, who wouldn't vote for Deez Nuts?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

PT6A posted:

93% of Iowans, apparently.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

PT6A posted:

Apparently, 93% of likely voters :v:

Edit: goddamn it Joementum :argh:

Proposition Joe posted:

I would like to see a poll that has a four way election between Sanders, Clinton, Bush, and Trump.

Won't happen. Pretty sure Sanders has explicitly ruled out a 3rd party run.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

OAquinas posted:

Won't happen. Pretty sure Sanders has explicitly ruled out a 3rd party run.

Yes, I realize this, but I yearn for a 1824 style election.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "Like with a cloth or something?" ~ Hillary Clinton, when asked if she wiped the server.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://vine.co/v/ep9h0jr3mVD

Hil seems pretty pissed lol

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Bernie wins the primary and Hillary runs to his left as an independent :v:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Jeb! says that Americans have too many civil liberties, pledges to do something about that:

quote:

ATLANTA (AP) — Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush said Tuesday that the government should have broad surveillance powers of Americans and private technology firms should cooperate better with intelligence agencies to help combat "evildoers."

At a national security forum in the early voting state of South Carolina, Bush put himself at odds with Republican congressional leaders who earlier this year voted to end the National Security Agency's bulk collection of phone records.

The former Florida governor said Congress should revisit its changes to the Patriot Act, and he dismissed concerns from civil libertarians who say the program violated citizens' constitutionally protected privacy rights.

"There's a place to find common ground between personal civil liberties and NSA doing its job," Bush said. "I think the balance has actually gone the wrong way."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Proposition Joe posted:

Yes, I realize this, but I yearn for a 1824 style election.

Tempt not the ghost of Andrew Jackson, his boundless rage no longer limited by his mortal coil.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Real talk: is there any chance in hell Obama puts some sort of paid family leave into place before he leaves , or it becomes a platform for Hillary (or Trump lol) for the 2016 election?

I'm moving to the USA soon and would like to have a kid but unfortunately 12 weeks of unpaid leave is pretty poo poo. For reference Canada has one year paid leave.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Maybe JEB! is conducting some sort of experiment revolving around the vote floor for a candidate who says exactly the wrong things.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Christ, Walker spoke about his Obamacare replacement.

It's basically Obamacare but providers can decline to cover you for pre-existing conditions. The fucccck is wrong with people. Basically if you have migraines, you will be denied. (Like my wife).

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
I'd like to say I've never been more happy for a Republican witch hunt in my life. Although, this happiness does make me feel a little dirty... :gay:

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Is he trying to lose?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Rocks posted:

Real talk: is there any chance in hell Obama puts some sort of paid family leave into place before he leaves , or it becomes a platform for Hillary (or Trump lol) for the 2016 election?

I'm moving to the USA soon and would like to have a kid but unfortunately 12 weeks of unpaid leave is pretty poo poo. For reference Canada has one year paid leave.

Well, I wouldn't say no chance. I mean, we have a triple crown winner for the first time in what, 36, 37 years?

But yeah, get used to never seeing your infant if you move here and have one.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Rocks posted:

No way this kind of thing could get shoved through quickly. Most employers offer some period of paid or partially paid leave, although normally just a few weeks.

Just be glad that we have any leave mandatory, there is no mandatory vacation time off in the US.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Rocks posted:

is there any chance in hell Obama puts some sort of paid family leave into place before he leaves

No.

quote:

or it becomes a platform for Hillary

Yes.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

He really is a dim bulb, isn't he?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Rocks posted:

I'm moving to the USA soon

why

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So, is Jeb actually conducting some sort of social experiment whereby he says the dumbest, most election-killing things possible, all the time, and sees how long it takes until people stop giving him money?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Rocks posted:

wait for bernie to become president

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Work. But also I'm moving to Hawaii so it could be worse I guess

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Rocks posted:

No, it would require an act of Congress, which is about as likely as, uh, something that is not very likely. Sorry, not feeling any good metaphors today. Obama instituted 6 weeks paid parental leave for federal workers, and, IIRC, the reaction from Congress was predictably unfavorable. Given that they favor not paying federal workers at all, much less paying them to not work.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

JT Jag posted:

So, is Jeb actually conducting some sort of social experiment whereby he says the dumbest, most election-killing things possible, all the time, and sees how long it takes until people stop giving him money?

It's called the Giuliani Maneuver.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

SirPablo posted:

If Trump runs third party, what pull from the D column will he get? To act like it would be zero is ridiculous.

It definitely wouldn't be like Perot where it was pretty much 50/50. It would be a landslide for the Clinton.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Rocks posted:

Work. But also I'm moving to Hawaii so it could be worse I guess

Be prepared for a lot of haole to be thrown your way.

Also having spent a significant amount of time on the big island, Hawaii is (imo) paradise, as long as you're able to afford housing and food prices. Also gas.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

*wipes tear*

Thanks Joe

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Bob Ojeda posted:

Is he trying to lose?

People have been wondering this for a couple months now.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

a shameful boehner posted:

Be prepared for a lot of haole to be thrown your way.

Also having spent a significant amount of time on the big island, Hawaii is (imo) paradise, as long as you're able to afford housing and food prices. Also gas.

Awesome! Going to Oahu. Gas and food is basically the same price as it is in Toronto not going to lie. Plus 3% sales tax (compared to 13% in Ontario) makes it a bonus on my end.

Don't want to derail though so carry on...

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I stopped dead at the world "evildoers", and had a flashback of his brother saying the same word. I could see him and hear him. There's no way I can handle several more years of Bush. Even just another year of him campaigning will be too much. He needs to sink himself faster.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Bob Ojeda posted:

Is he trying to lose?

Probably. The rumor before he announced his candidacy was that he wasn't going to run because his wife wanted nothing to do with the national attention that would come with being first lady.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Tricky D posted:

Probably. The rumor before he announced his candidacy was that he wasn't going to run because his wife wanted nothing to do with the national attention that would come with being first lady.

That's stuff that every candidate's wife says to make them seem like normal people.

Even Romney's wife said that and everyone knows she lusted after the presidency even more than Mitt did.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
ahahaha thanks for proving my point Jeb!

Seriously, how many more landmines is Jeb! gonna jump on before we even manage to get to the next debate, much less the convention or the general?

XK posted:

I stopped dead at the world "evildoers", and had a flashback of his brother saying the same word. I could see him and hear him. There's no way I can handle several more years of Bush. Even just another year of him campaigning will be too much. He needs to sink himself faster.
Nostalgia cuts both ways.

"They will greet us as liberators."

Sends a chill up your spine, doesn't it?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hard to argue with that many adorable babies.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Mitt Romney posted:

That's stuff that every candidate's wife says to make them seem like normal people.

Even Romney's wife said that and everyone knows she lusted after the presidency even more than Mitt did.

I guess I'll have to take your word for it, Mitt Romney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Rocks posted:

Real talk: is there any chance in hell Obama puts some sort of paid family leave into place before he leaves

Absolutely not.

• Locked thread