Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!

GMArcturus posted:

I have an interesting quandary for the thread. Whenever I am streaming to Hitbox via OBS I typically split my stream into hour long segments by hitting the "Stop Streaming" button on OBS after the first hour. I then typically wait about 30 seconds and then hit the "Start Streaming" button to continue the stream. The problem I am facing is that whenever I look at the Recordings tab on my Video Manager on Hitbox after I am finished streaming I see that the second portion is sometimes just several short segments instead of one hour long portion. Can someone explain why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it? This issue has happened on Twitch as well, but it is a lot more seldom than when it happens on Hitbox.

So, does no one have an answer for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Anyone else on Windows 10 having a problem with Rightload? When I try to use the LPix plugin, it says "The Plugin DLL file seems to be damaged or does not exist. [Exception at Main -> Init Upload Thread]" I've already redownloaded the plugin and double-checked that everything is there, so it's probably an OS related thing.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
As unhelpful as it may be, Rightload w/ LPix plugin seems to still work for me post-Windows 10, although I only tried uploading a single image. So if it's an OS issue, something else about your configuration or pictures you uploaded or something may be at play.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Artix posted:

Anyone else on Windows 10 having a problem with Rightload? When I try to use the LPix plugin, it says "The Plugin DLL file seems to be damaged or does not exist. [Exception at Main -> Init Upload Thread]" I've already redownloaded the plugin and double-checked that everything is there, so it's probably an OS related thing.

It might be a bitness thing. If Rightload is a 64 bit application/shell extension, but the LPix plugin is compiled for 32 bit, it can't be loaded. A 64 bit program can't load 32 bit DLLs and vice versa.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I can also confirm rightload works fine post windows 10 upgrade for me.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Mico posted:

I can also confirm rightload works fine post windows 10 upgrade for me.

Same. Version 2.0.1 Build 1342 works without complaints.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

toddy. posted:

Same. Version 2.0.1 Build 1342 works without complaints.

Strange, that is the exact same build I'm using. I guess I'll have to fiddle around with things and see what I can find.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

So I'm trying AVIsynth for the first time, following Vicas' guide. I keep getting this error message when I try to open the .avs: "AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc H264" then it lists the filepath. What am I doing wrong here? I'm on Windows 10 and am super new to this.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

KillerQueen posted:

So I'm trying AVIsynth for the first time, following Vicas' guide. I keep getting this error message when I try to open the .avs: "AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc H264" then it lists the filepath. What am I doing wrong here? I'm on Windows 10 and am super new to this.
Can you show us your script?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

AVISource("C:\Users\Peter\Videos\Et Darkness recording\2015-08-06-1438-16.avi")

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

KillerQueen posted:

Don't put H.264 into AVI. Use a container properly suited for it, like MP4 or MKV.

Maybe try loading the file with FFmpegSource2, but don't count on it working entirely.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

nielsm posted:

Don't put H.264 into AVI. Use a container properly suited for it, like MP4 or MKV.

Maybe try loading the file with FFmpegSource2, but don't count on it working entirely.

I'm probably coming across as very dense but I'm not sure what any of that meant. I downloaded FFmpegSource2, how to load a file with it?

ed: maybe I should back up a bit. I'm recording videos using OBS, what would be the easiest way to edit said videos? They seem to default to .flv files.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

KillerQueen posted:

I'm probably coming across as very dense but I'm not sure what any of that meant. I downloaded FFmpegSource2, how to load a file with it?

ed: maybe I should back up a bit. I'm recording videos using OBS, what would be the easiest way to edit said videos? They seem to default to .flv files.

You should probably have OBS export in MP4. FFMpegSource2 is a plugin for AVISynth that you load with LoadPlugin (or something like that), which then lets you call its audio and video functions in your AVISynth script.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

KillerQueen posted:

I thought your script said you were using an avi?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Niggurath posted:

I thought your script said you were using an avi?

It looked like most of stuff in the op was using AVIsynth so I found a program to convert it over to avi.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

KillerQueen posted:

It looked like most of stuff in the op was using AVIsynth so I found a program to convert it over to avi.

Just because it's called Avisynth doesn't mean you have to involve AVI files in any way :)

It's called Avisynth because it's built around the Video for Windows (VfW) framework, which is where AVI files originate.

Either way, if you still have the original FLV file, keep that and use FFMS2 to load that directly into Avisynth.

code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Path\To\FFMS2.dll")
FFVideoSource("D:\Recording\Game.flv")

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Now I'm getting this

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

KillerQueen posted:

Now I'm getting this

Wrong dll.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Woooo I got it working! Thanks Tech Support Fort!

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Of all evil I deem you capable: therefore I want the good from you. Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.
So I was directed here by a friend of mine to ask about a recent purchase, even though I'm not likely to be posting in LP anytime soon - I picked up a Hauppauge HD PVR Rocket, when I found that reviews indicated that yes, it did in fact record 240p (somehow) even though this is only documented in a handful of YouTube videos. (A lot of this info seems to be in YouTube videos, which I find annoying because the information can be delivered much more quickly in text, especially with less risk of Butt Rock.) I've been testing with a PS2 on component because of a recent nostalgia kick, so maybe it works better with HDMI or high-def sources, but this is where I'm at now.

Anyway, this has been something of a disaster because I can barely get the thing working in its own software, let alone anything else. Hauppauge Capture is minimally functional and only works half the time. StreemEez breaks on high DPI settings (necessary because I record from a TV), but seemingly barely functions and can't have custom services added. Neither of those programs support anything but Twitch, Ustream, or YouTube, so my preferred source of Hitbox is out. I got it working on XSplit exactly once, and couldn't seem to duplicate it; OBS didn't work with it at all. The stable branch of OBS isn't listed as supporting it, but XSplit and OBS Multiplatform are. My preferred platform is OBS, but only the original branch has deinterlacing. The one workaround people seemed to have was using Window/Game/Monitor capture on the video preview, which strikes me as a really stupid idea.

I'm assuming it's not supposed to be this difficult, but there's a lot of 'it's working now' posts with not a lot of information on how that happened. I've installed the latest firmware and drivers (to the best of my knowledge), so I'm kind of at a loss of what else to do. If anyone has any ideas, let me know, otherwise I'm taking this back and saving up for an Elgato.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Really all I can tell you is that I replaced my Hauppauge HD PVR with an Elgato and do not regret buying the Elgato despite having yet to do an LP on a console. I know nothing about the HD PVR Rocket other than it exists.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Youtube is lowering the volume on my videos when i upload them. What gives???

E: nevermind, check your Volume Mixer if this happens to you dudes!

Putty fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 19, 2015

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
There is a long running community of people here that would've told you that Hauppauge was probably the worst purchase for a PVR you could have made, myself included.

I'd just return it and get anything else. A kitchen blender records stuff better than Hauppauge products do.

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Of all evil I deem you capable: therefore I want the good from you. Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.

toddy. posted:

There is a long running community of people here that would've told you that Hauppauge was probably the worst purchase for a PVR you could have made, myself included.

I'd just return it and get anything else. A kitchen blender records stuff better than Hauppauge products do.

That's exactly what I did. Ended up getting an Elgato. Thanks to price matching, it only cost me $30 more rather than $60. It worked flawlessly, though sadly the PS2 hasn't been. Oh well!

Also, I'm pretty sure Best Buy wasn't supposed to let me return it, but eh. :v: Score one for not being caught in punitive return policies, I guess :toot:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
As a counterpoint, I still have an old-rear end HD PVR, from before they even started marketing them towards gamers, and haven't had any major problems so far. Though I guess it's entirely possible their quality got worse over time.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I have both a PVR2 I got as a birthday gift one year and an Avermedia PCI-Express card and for as many problems as the Avermedia has given me over the years, I kinda still prefer it.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Does anyone have tips on doing click removal on audio? Trying noise reduction/click removal tools in audacity causes the audio track to sound tinny?

I've been removing clicks between my speaking manually but anything during when I'm talking is a bit bothersome to me.

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010

Koobes posted:

Does anyone have tips on doing click removal on audio? Trying noise reduction/click removal tools in audacity causes the audio track to sound tinny?

I've been removing clicks between my speaking manually but anything during when I'm talking is a bit bothersome to me.

Judging by your picture and looking at my keyboard, I assumed you meant CLUCK removal?

HAH

no sorry, I don't know

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why not just not click when recording?

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Why not just not click when recording?

live commentary of an ARPG, clicking is going to happen :v:

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I basically have to do post-com, because I have a mechanical keyboard and a Yeti, which picks up everything even with a windscreen and pop filter. Even when voice chatting casually I have to have a push to talk or my entire audio will be CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACK

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Koobes posted:

Here's what I do: I use a Noise Gate plugin to silence most of the portions where I'm not talking without affecting the talking parts (whereas noise removal will affect the vocal audio), then export the rest of the audio and run an external click removal tool on it that cost $40 but has really helped save me time on the next step. It's optional. Once I've reimported the de-clicked sound, I listen to the track and if I still hear any clicks, I go over them with Repair if they're really short or Low Pass Filter if they're too long for Repair. That usually sorts them out. In the worst case, I mute the offending portion and re-record just that part.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Does anybody have a recommendation for a good (or just decent) free screen share program?

I'm kinda tired of dealing with Skype and just wanted to check if there was anything else out there.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
What's youse guys' verdict on the Windows 10 Xbox app recording tool? It seems pretty dang awesome to me so far for recording PC games, much better than fraps

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

If you jack up the settings completely to high quality and high resolution, then it's pretty good! I can't imagine you'll get too many opinions about it for a few months though, since people are going to be wary about upgrading to a new OS in the first month.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

signalnoise posted:

What's youse guys' verdict on the Windows 10 Xbox app recording tool? It seems pretty dang awesome to me so far for recording PC games, much better than fraps

Lossy compressed video format, MP4 container, time limited to 2 hours, can't change where it saves videos to. If you're just recording game clips to share it's fine but if you want to work with the footage it's probably not good enough.
It's probably still better than Camtasia or Hypercam though.
"Much better than fraps" is a bit of an exaggeration

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I had some issues with the audio sounding kinda flat in the recordings, but otherwise I can't complain. It's certainly a lot less resource-hungry than Fraps is, so that's something.

toddy. posted:

Lossy compressed video format, MP4 container, time limited to 2 hours, can't change where it saves videos to. If you're just recording game clips to share it's fine but if you want to work with the footage it's probably not good enough.
It's probably still better than Camtasia or Hypercam though.
"Much better than fraps" is a bit of an exaggeration

It saves to your "Videos" folder, but you can change that to wherever you want on your computer.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
It's also somehow limited in resolution? At least when I tried to record DA:I with 1920x1200 ingame resolution the recording had lower resolution, though I don't remember exactly what it was.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

My recordings have all been 1080p despite my monitor being 1440p.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Artix posted:

It saves to your "Videos" folder, but you can change that to wherever you want on your computer.

Yeah but I want to save all my dumb videogame recordings to the dumb videogame recordings drive, not the user videos folder where not-videogame videos are. The fact that the Xbox app doesn't have that option seems like a weird oversight.