Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Skoll posted:

Akumos disappeared and took his server offline. I think he got permabanned but I'm not really sure. Feel free to add me on Steam if you want to get some games, I'm in the KF2 goon group.

Oh yeah he had a hilarious meltdown after he got VAC banned in CS:GO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

ClonedPickle posted:

Oh yeah he had a hilarious meltdown after he got VAC banned in CS:GO

What kind of fuckery did they catch him doing? I know he has at least two steam profiles and both have VAC bans.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Skoll posted:

What kind of fuckery did they catch him doing? I know he has at least two steam profiles and both have VAC bans.

He accused everyone who was good at CS of hacking during a time when there were a bunch of scandals of pros hacking in CS tournaments

and then he was hacking himself

and then he tried to defend himself about it like "oh I don't hack in the goon server" "nah I only hack when I know there's another hacker on the other team"

and while almost every other goon was making GBS threads on him relentlessly, there was one guy who politely asked for demos of these other hackers, and very few of them were actually hacking

this did not help his situation, nor did his shitposting

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

ClonedPickle posted:

He accused everyone who was good at CS of hacking during a time when there were a bunch of scandals of pros hacking in CS tournaments

and then he was hacking himself

and then he tried to defend himself about it like "oh I don't hack in the goon server" "nah I only hack when I know there's another hacker on the other team"

and while almost every other goon was making GBS threads on him relentlessly, there was one guy who politely asked for demos of these other hackers, and very few of them were actually hacking

this did not help his situation, nor did his shitposting

It gets even better. Someone found an "Akumos" profile in a cheating website that after two years of inactivity complained about being VAC banned the exact same day he posted about it in the thread.

Then he set up some kind of website that tracks all the IPs of people clicking on his Steam profile or some poo poo, and one other goon (who's a cop) said: "I will murder you if you do anything with those IPs". To which he said "And I will point to this as evidence of a death threat by a cop lol"

Just to give you some further context, this is the guy who posted in this very thread about finding a leveling exploit with a perk and refusing to tell Tripwire about it because, and I quote: "sorry but I'm going to break your game sideways lmao lol".

:allears:

(KF2 better update soon!)

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
There are truly some magical people in the world. Almost as magical as when this update drops and burning, plumped-up gibs will rain from the sky.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Man, Commandos are so underappreciated. You kill all of the trash, take out Crawlers and Stalkers so the team can move around easily, use Callout to help the team deal with Stalkers, and headshot Sirens and Husks so that your Support don't get a nasty surprise when fighting Scrakes and Fleshpounds, but nobody notices how useful you really are. :smith:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

closeted republican posted:

Man, Commandos are so underappreciated. You kill all of the trash, take out Crawlers and Stalkers so the team can move around easily, use Callout to help the team deal with Stalkers, and headshot Sirens and Husks so that your Support don't get a nasty surprise when fighting Scrakes and Fleshpounds, but nobody notices how useful you really are. :smith:

It's even worse in KF1 cause everyone automatically assumes Commandos are trash. They had poo poo survivibility in the first game but KF2 has made it loads better. I just wish it kept the recoil reduction passive. Once you get up there in level and skill, you can solo Scrakes with the AK or SCAR handedly.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Azran posted:

Just to give you some further context, this is the guy who posted in this very thread about finding a leveling exploit with a perk and refusing to tell Tripwire about it because, and I quote: "sorry but I'm going to break your game sideways lmao lol".

:allears:

(KF2 better update soon!)

I remember that, from the beta version thread so I dug up the posts.

Akumos posted:

So uh, I found a kind of major leveling exploit for the Support perk.. I'm not really inclined to post it and have it fixed though. I might tell some people how to do it eventually to level quicker, but I know devs are reading this. Sorry, I'm going to cheese your game lmao. It's not exactly an exploit, but I doubt it was thought of very carefully. I'll give you a hint, it has something to do with Support, Paris and max difficulty while solo.

Then he admitted it wasn't an exploit at all, just a way to grind XP:

Akumos posted:

After doing some googling it appears this "exploit" was a valid leveling method in KF1. They may nerf it here since leveling seems to be harder on live right now but I guess I'll give them the choice and post it. Exploit is after the wave is clear mostly. You get insane exp on Hell on Earth difficulty for welding, that's basically the entire exploit. You just have to clear it solo(easy, low wave) and keep one mob alive and weld a poo poo ton of doors.

'Course he said shortly after that:

Akumos posted:

People are definitely editing the beta with Cheat Engine, I hope they at least change something so people can be level 200 on live lmao.

And then talked about how you could break the game by switching between perks to get perk bonuses between classes.

Dude was all about finding exploits and pointing out that other people were cheating but not him!

Man, Commandos are so underappreciated.

I dunno about that. Maybe it's just the people you're playing with but nobody complains when a Commando's on the team when I play, even when there's like 3 or 4 of them at once. Usually it's if the Commando DOESN'T pick Callout you might hear something. From other places I've seen a lot of fighting between Supports and Commandos as to who's the more useful, which is pointless because they both have different roles and both are viable.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
A lot of the Commando vs Support poo poo is probably hold overs from KF 1. I will say though that I see a LOT of bad Commandos. I assume it's probably because it's because of the automatic weapons and pubs/newbs will gravitate towards dakka.

I really hope some of the older Commando weapons make it back though. I particularly enjoyed using the M4. I wouldn't mind the FAL back either unless they kept the stupid loving scope on it.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Skoll posted:

A lot of the Commando vs Support poo poo is probably hold overs from KF 1.

Maybe, which is all the dumber because everyone knows Sharpshooter was the best class. :colbert:

Tripwire please release sharp soon TIA

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Every class is trash except the one I play the most, that one rules.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Skoll posted:

A lot of the Commando vs Support poo poo is probably hold overs from KF 1. I will say though that I see a LOT of bad Commandos. I assume it's probably because it's because of the automatic weapons and pubs/newbs will gravitate towards dakka.

I really hope some of the older Commando weapons make it back though. I particularly enjoyed using the M4. I wouldn't mind the FAL back either unless they kept the stupid loving scope on it.

When it come to killing a lot of dudes, I find that Support is better in tight areas, like KF-Bioticslab and the chokepoints in KF-Outpost, but Commando is better for ranged work, like picking off enemies coming from the Eiffel Tower bridge in KF-BurningParis.

Commandos are better for killing enemies before they get too close, while Support is there for when huge group is coming out of a spawn point and you need them dead NOW. Basically, Commando is to prevent large groups of trash forming, but Support is your panic button.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

When it come to killing a lot of dudes, I find that Support is better in tight areas, like KF-Bioticslab and the chokepoints in KF-Outpost, but Commando is better for ranged work, like picking off enemies coming from the Eiffel Tower bridge in KF-BurningParis.

Commandos are better for killing enemies before they get too close, while Support is there for when huge group is coming out of a spawn point and you need them dead NOW. Basically, Commando is to prevent large groups of trash forming, but Support is your panic button.

IMO every class has a different purpose. Commando is a trash clearer, period. Everything up to Sirens is his domain to keep off the team so they can kill the biggies. Supports always been a Burst DPS class to me, good for, like you said, clearing tight spaces in an instant, and also for AAfucking Scrakes and FPs. One of the reasons I like KF so much is that each perk has it's own stratagem for use and they generally excel at it. Sharpshooter is probably going to be King poo poo again though because I think Tripwire knows if they gently caress with it too hard, a lot of the playerbase will be mad.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Don't worry trash clear buddy. Soon you will be appreciated :unsmith:

... By comparison, because people will be blaming a single tick of flame damage from Firebugs as "Raging the scrake early on purpose ban this troll" :smith:

Conversely, while I may be "Bad At Consistent Headshots" I hear all these people talking about unmanageable the recoil on the Commando guns and just don't get it. I mean, even I can unload into the skull of a fleshpound doing it's tantrum animation, are people expecting to be able to full auto/burst spam an entire mag and be on point or something? Literally the only time the recoil is an issue is when I'm just firing everything and not letting go of the trigger.

I like this explanation, it makes sense.

Skoll posted:

Sharpshooter is probably going to be King poo poo again though because I think Tripwire knows if they gently caress with it too hard, a lot of the playerbase will be mad.

Not gonna lie. I am praying it will take ONE (1) whole crossbow bolt more than usual, to kill HoE enemies. Just for the reactions.

But people are already mad it doesn't have basically twice the weapons of Medic, Firebug, and Demo this time around. I do love how so many cite Sharp as "KF1 Perks have SO MANY WEAPONS!" . But if you bring up KF1 medic or Firebug (Hey those guys only had 4 weapons too, 5 if you count DLC) it doesn't count, because-

I do want Sharp to be relevant as "King Of Headclicks". Landing nothing but net on a fleshpound jumping and literally spinning is a bitch and deserves tangible results. But at the same time, I just can't help myself in hoping for the people with too much to be reasonable invested in them to be disappointed at a 1 second longer than expected TTK :munch:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Aug 19, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, you just reminded me how much I loved play Firebug because of that. "STOP RAGING THE SCRAKE WITH THE Mac-10/Flame thrower/fire grenade/husk cannon/etc!"

My favorite perks from KF 1 were Commando, Firebug, and Beserker. My biggest concern about the Firebug right now though is that currently in KF2 the Flamer doesn't seem to have ammo for dick and it has none of the range that it did in KF 1. Maybe things will change though as it's still fun to use and gently caress around with.

As for Sharpshooter, one thing I never got is how only two of their perk weapons had scopes. Giving the M-14 a laser dot instead of a scope was dumb imo.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Dude was all about finding exploits and pointing out that other people were cheating but not him!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=68#post444962811

This is what started the meltdown for anyone who wants to laugh at an idiot :kiddo:

e: aw he's edited all his posts to dumb poo poo but the quotes are still there at least.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Akumos was always decent to me, so I won't poo poo talk him. I'll just say the turn of events were unfortunate.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Martout posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=68#post444962811

This is what started the meltdown for anyone who wants to laugh at an idiot :kiddo:

e: aw he's edited all his posts to dumb poo poo but the quotes are still there at least.

this thread is one hell of a pro-click even if you don't give a poo poo about CS or this guy. It's hilarious.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Martout posted:

bwaaahahaha I have avoided the CS goon group like heil for the last year or two even though I have close to 1,000 hours in the game and I have no reason yet to regret that move.

e: lookin' forward to updated KF2 with goons though :cool:

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 19, 2015

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

DeusExMachinima posted:

bwaaahahaha I have avoided the CS goon group like heil for the last year or two even though I have close to 1,000 hours in the game and I have no reason yet to regret that move.

e: lookin' forward to updated KF2 with goons though :cool:

You're missing out, a goonmans is a good laugh. We play comp rulseset with a few minor changes, except its on custom servers so you have some leeway to gently caress around without losing your precious ranks

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Ahdinko posted:

You're missing out, a goonmans is a good laugh. We play comp rulseset with a few minor changes, except its on custom servers so you have some leeway to gently caress around without losing your precious ranks

Considering further on in that thread there's someone who's apparently just not good at the game and who's being endlessly ridiculed for it and is actually actively banned from the server because of it...

Yeah, gently caress ever playing CS with you guys. That poo poo is exactly why I never even bothered playing CS for any extended period of time.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Yeah I've played the goonmans plugin before. Nothing wrong with the gamemode but if I want to feel like I'm in a high school clique again I'll go back to high school thanks.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Skoll posted:

IMO every class has a different purpose. Commando is a trash clearer, period. Everything up to Sirens is his domain to keep off the team so they can kill the biggies. Supports always been a Burst DPS class to me, good for, like you said, clearing tight spaces in an instant, and also for AAfucking Scrakes and FPs. One of the reasons I like KF so much is that each perk has it's own stratagem for use and they generally excel at it. Sharpshooter is probably going to be King poo poo again though because I think Tripwire knows if they gently caress with it too hard, a lot of the playerbase will be mad.

Sharpshooter will probably have weapons that control their rate of fire. Such as bolt action rifles and crossbows. They hit hard but not often as oppose to Commandos that will hit often and not as hard. I'm very interested in what the Gunslinger will have as far as skills and weapons. Right now in KF2 the medic I feel is the most under appreciated in pubbie games. Most players just assume that if there's a medic around that they can wade into whatever enemies they find and they'll be kept alive. I've been playing almost exclusively medic and more often then not I'll spend the whole map healing everyone up and never getting healed by anyone else.

Edit: Looks like Tripwire is going to be at PAX Prime and there's a panel on Saturday around noon.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they made fun of me because I was bad but it wasn't in a mean spirited way

i dont play cs because of how bad I am at it and always have been, but i guarantee you there is more to the story of him being banned, he probably was acting like a baby or being defensive

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
Is there a good way to practice/gain some skill points offline? I'm wary of jumping in to a pubbie game since I'm afraid of the general populace. Without bots, it's kind of lame to roll solo....

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Revolver Bunker posted:

Sharpshooter will probably have weapons that control their rate of fire. Such as bolt action rifles and crossbows. They hit hard but not often as oppose to Commandos that will hit often and not as hard. I'm very interested in what the Gunslinger will have as far as skills and weapons. Right now in KF2 the medic I feel is the most under appreciated in pubbie games. Most players just assume that if there's a medic around that they can wade into whatever enemies they find and they'll be kept alive. I've been playing almost exclusively medic and more often then not I'll spend the whole map healing everyone up and never getting healed by anyone else.

Edit: Looks like Tripwire is going to be at PAX Prime and there's a panel on Saturday around noon.

I'd love it if they added a "Amount Healed" column on the scoreboard. I've actually had people bitch at me (as medic) that I don't have enough kills. Those people tend to die the next round ("Sorry, was trying to get kills!")

cheezit posted:

Is there a good way to practice/gain some skill points offline? I'm wary of jumping in to a pubbie game since I'm afraid of the general populace. Without bots, it's kind of lame to roll solo....

I really wouldn't worry about it, and just hop on a normal server. This isn't moba game, people are generally pretty decent and whining idiots really are the outlier. If your super timid ask some goons to join you, check the steam group and add some people from there.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Kris xK posted:

I really wouldn't worry about it, and just hop on a normal server. This isn't moba game, people are generally pretty decent and whining idiots really are the outlier. If your super timid ask some goons to join you, check the steam group and add some people from there.

It's still a pretty decent group of pubbies, then? Payday2 had a pretty good pub community for a while but then all turned pretty awful. I'll give some pubbie games a try. I'm just so used to Goonday2 groups. haha.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Eonwe posted:

they made fun of me because I was bad but it wasn't in a mean spirited way

i dont play cs because of how bad I am at it and always have been, but i guarantee you there is more to the story of him being banned, he probably was acting like a baby or being defensive

First time I posted in there I posted something, edited my post to go "oh, that's in the OP, nevermind" and got yelled at by the guy in the OP, starting off an argument. The CS goon group is hilarious and more people should post in there if only to cause more drama.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

cheezit posted:

Go ahead and jump right in. Playing solo or with bots doesn't really get you the feel of the game. Most pubs are terrible and as long as you stick together you'll be able to reach Hans. Start with either Support or Commando and run around with other players. That's the best way to know what routes are best for the maps. You can also off-perk as well. I'm a level 21 Medic and I've been using the double barreled shotgun and have a Level 8 Support without really ever using it as a main perk.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Revolver Bunker posted:

Go ahead and jump right in. Playing solo or with bots doesn't really get you the feel of the game. Most pubs are terrible and as long as you stick together you'll be able to reach Hans. Start with either Support or Commando and run around with other players. That's the best way to know what routes are best for the maps. You can also off-perk as well. I'm a level 21 Medic and I've been using the double barreled shotgun and have a Level 8 Support without really ever using it as a main perk.

Thanks for the advice! I've been playing as support for the most part trying to learn the levels. I can get to Hans, but that guy is a bitch to kill solo. haha.

I'm Jack Duluoz in the steam group and Cheezit in mumble if anyone wants to play a bit later on.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Having all these custom maps is pretty cool but itll be great when someone figures out how to mod in more guns etc

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

StabMasterArson posted:

Having all these custom maps is pretty cool but itll be great when someone figures out how to mod in more guns etc

hey woah buddy even tripwire hasn't figured that out yet :smugdog: :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
For guns just get the S.T.A.L.K.E.R community into this :v:

I'd love to see what new zeds they have in mind. Something like the Stalkers from Dead Space would own. Think sneaky zombie raptors that hunt in packs while peeking around corners.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Revolver Bunker posted:

I'm interesting in how Sharp is going to handle when it comes to trash since they don't have pistols this time. Will they have a speical weapon that lets them deal with any trash that gets too close, or are they dependent on onther classes or their weapons for trash removal?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I'm interesting in how Sharp is going to handle when it comes to trash since they don't have pistols this time. Will they have a speical weapon that lets them deal with any trash that gets too close, or are they dependent on onther classes or their weapons for trash removal?

Hopefully the latter - there's other perks that specialise in killing trash, so it wouldn't make sense for the Sharpshooter to also get something for trash-clearing. Let them buy an assault rifle or something if they want, and otherwise let them be a perk that's designed to deal with tough enemies almost exclusively.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Flintlock rifle with a bayonet attached at the end. :v:

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
That CS:GO was hilarious and then reminded me why I stopped playing C:GO pretty quick.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

All I want is my lever action rifle back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Ruggington posted:

All I want is my lever action rifle back

A rifle for the big fellas, and a revolver for everything else :clint::respek::clint: