Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

mauman posted:

Every lp I've seen of this game inevitably goes elves. Oh well, so much for something different :downs:

How many are that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I've just bought this game myself, and regardless of how we're rolling, I'm going to play a black Jew who sides with the KKK :getin:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Side with Butters. He needs friends.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I voted for KKK because I want you to try to get to second base with the Princess. No idea if you can, I just believe the 10 year old's tits deserve more screentime.

What up NSA? Fancy meeting you here.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I voted for KKK because I want you to try to get to second base with the Princess. No idea if you can, I just believe the 10 year old's tits deserve more screentime.

:dogbutton:

Let's... let's not do this. Please?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I know "Scott Tenorman Must Die" is supposed to be one of the best South Park episodes according to the internet, but that ending made me quit watching the show for a few years because I prefer Cartman as a dumb fat kid instead of... that. :stonk:

Oh yeah, side with the elves.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CommissarMega posted:

I've just bought this game myself, and regardless of how we're rolling, I'm going to play a black Jew who sides with the KKK :getin:

You made a wise choice. This game is fun as gently caress.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there any way to improve items as you rise in level, make them on par with gear of similar level? I don't mind cheating or modding, I just want to keep my Jew gear for the whole game :allears:

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

CommissarMega posted:

Is there any way to improve items as you rise in level, make them on par with gear of similar level? I don't mind cheating or modding, I just want to keep my Jew gear for the whole game :allears:

As the plot goes on, you get upgraded class gear and it's usually a bit more spiffy looking.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Nebiros posted:

As the plot goes on, you get upgraded class gear and it's usually a bit more spiffy looking.

Awesome! A whole lotta elves are gonna have 'Shabbat Shalom, motherfuckers!' as the last things they ever hear.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Air is lava! posted:

How many are that?

I've seen 3 on youtube. All elves, it's getting kinda annoying. I don't even see the appeal. It's been established in the series that Cartman and Kyle are not so different most of the time, and Butters doesn't deserve this crap (then again, he never does).

Besides, Cartman amuses me. So what if he's evil incarnate, at least he's honest about it for the most part.

And anybody who can blast Saddam Hussein with the power of lightning and stop the apocalypse has to be good in my book, no matter what.

:downs:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

mauman posted:

I've seen 3 on youtube. All elves, it's getting kinda annoying. I don't even see the appeal. It's been established in the series that Cartman and Kyle are not so different most of the time, and Butters doesn't deserve this crap (then again, he never does).

Besides, Cartman amuses me. So what if he's evil incarnate, at least he's honest about it for the most part.

And anybody who can blast Saddam Hussein with the power of lightning and stop the apocalypse has to be good in my book, no matter what.

:downs:

quick search on youtube found this

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Well, three to one I guess.

Hmmph.

oh well.

Brewsuke
Jan 8, 2014
All I know is, when I voted, we were at 69% for the Elves and if that changes even a little, I will be sorely disappointed in everyone's inner twelve year-olds.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

With 19 hours to go, the polls are currently at 136 to 64 in favor of Kyle.

So if you guys want Douchebag to back Cartman, 72 of you better hop in and vote before 7 PM!

I'm about to record the next series of updates and I feel pretty comfortable recording siding with Kyle.

I was good and stopped recording just before the decision point. In the incredibly unlikely event that Cartman takes the lead, I can show that off instead of siding with Kyle.

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Aug 19, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Why not just show off the other path in a bonus video or something?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I have not played this game, but I do watch the show.

Please do what is morally correct and betray Cartman.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Starhawk64 posted:

Why not just show off the other path in a bonus video or something?

The last update said the other path would be in a bonus update at the end of day 2.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

We're siding with the elves.

Reveilled posted:

The last update said the other path would be in a bonus update at the end of day 2.

Yeah, this. I'll show off siding with Cartman after we finish Day 2.

Anyway, I'm sure you all are wondering where the update is. Well, I'm incredibly behind today. The first chance I had all day to work on the update was an hour ago. So expect the update sometime tomorrow instead. We're going to do the game's sewer level.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Darn it, I caught up just in time to miss the vote. Oh well, 68%-32% means it wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

Anyway this LP is hilarious, and (for better or worse) it really does feel exactly like a South Park episode. Looking forward to more.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Hello everyone. Today's update is actually gonna be a lot shorter than usual. This is because I don't want it to go excessively long like the past several have been.

So Saturday will be the sewers I promised. I know you're all devastated that we're not going into the game's sewer level today.

So one complaint I have about this game is how it handles saving. It only ever saves at checkpoints, even if you make a hard save. So in this case, everything from after we talked to Kyle until the end of the last update wasn't saved.

It's annoying but not too bad. The game auto saves every few minutes at least. So in the rare occurrence that the game crashes, you're only ever out of a few minutes of progress.

Anyway, the reason I took the above shot is because that's all the junk we've been carting around for the past while. I mentioned before that there's an achievement for not selling any junk you pick up. It's easier to do than you might think. However, there is also an extremely rare bug involved with it.

You see, the last Chinpokomon in the game is in the final dungeon, which you can only ever get into once. Nobody quite knows why, but if you haven't somehow gotten rid of any junk, the game will rarely freak out and simply not spawn the last Chinpokomon. This happened to me in the last play-through I did. It was kind of annoying.

If you're going for the "don't sell any junk" achievement you should, sometime in the first or second day, store all the crap you've been collecting in your toy box.

Anyway, that's enough of that mini rant.

I also finally decided on the final build we're gonna be using. Three points in Funnel of Frost, and then I'm gonna max out the last ability we haven't unlocked yet.

Over at Kupa Keep I also buy this really kickass armor. We can't use it yet, but soon...

I also found this at the Drow Elf kingdom. I can get behind those stats. That extra 100 fire damage is particularly nice.

Anyway, on with the show.

As you may have inferred last time, the Drow Elf kingdom is indeed in Kyle's backyard. It also makes that map we saw in Cartman's war tent make sense.

Well, kinda. I still have no idea why City Wok is a target.

There's not a lot to do in Kyle's house.

We can get the last pair of underpants in his room. We've officially completed a quest before we were even given it! :toot:

We can also find Kyle's reading material on his desk. You have to hand it to the artists here, they really did a good job capturing the lovely cover art style of these types of books.

Finally here's Kyle's closet. Not sure what I was expecting, but a gigantic Chewbacca mask wasn't it.

The only other thing of note was some adoption papers in his parents' bedroom.

The small magnet is a 20% increase to money gained. Pretty useful!

We also have this thing as well.

Last time, Stan asked us for some help against the She-Ogre. So let's go take care of that.

: Nothing can prepare you for this battle. If I die, tell the guys I fought bravely.

: Down on that side is where my parents sleep, and across from that is the cave of the She-Ogre.

: Give me back my iPhone, demon!

: You little TURD!
: I've brought help! Let's see you try and take us both!

: AARRRRGHH!

: Your days are numbered, She-Ogre!

Shelly is a bit of a step above the other minibosses in the game. However she doesn't have any armor or defenses. So instead of take this seriously, I'm gonna show off what Stan can do.

His free ability is Marked for Death.

A little damage and a free defense down debuff is pretty good.

Discus of Might is better against groups, because it can bounce around.

All of Shelly's attacks are a variant on being on her period. Each one also adds a stack of bleeding. I'm pretty sure bleeding also adds to her damage output, but whatever.

Stan's basic attack is a pretty impressive swing. It hits everything on the same row as the target, so it's really strong.

The last ability Stan has (for now) is Whirlwind Slash.

The Red Death is just Shelly beating the poo poo out of someone with a lot of hard to block attacks.

Each hit inflicts defense down, which can easily create a bad situation.

She didn't use it in my recording, but I've also seen her use a "cherry bomb" attack. It's literally her pulling a bloody tampon out and throwing it at someone. It inflicts a fuckton of damage and grosses them out. The less said about it, the better.

Finally this is for Neige. He's been begging me to fart on a burning boss for a while now. So here you go, buddy. Also take a look at all those debuffs on Shelly. I'm seeing slowed, pissed off, 5 stacks of bleeding, attack down, defense down, grossed out, burning, and stunned. I'm pretty sure that's every debuff in the game a player is capable of inflicting.

: Take mine iPhone again, and I shall bring justice swifter yet.

: Get... out... of my ROOM, TURRRD!

: I bow to you, ogre-slayer. I'm glad to call you friend.

: The She-Ogre is no more! All elves can walk the land of Larnion safely once again!
Kyle and 9 others like this.

If we go back up to Shelly's room after we kick her rear end...

: You're still a turd, but at least you don't hit like a girl.
: You just got lucky, New Kid!

We're Facebook friends with Shelly now. :confuoot:

Next on the list of things is to destroy a bunch of banners around the town. Looking at them, I'm inclined to say we made the right choice to side with the elves. There's no way any organization with that banner isn't evil. This banner, by the way, is in front of Kevin Stoley's house.

I missed this cute little guy in the roundup from the last update.

The next banner is over near Stark's Pond.

And in front of the Church.

The last two are all the way on the other side of town.

Finally over at Jimbo's shop we can turn in two of the big game hunter quests.

: Nice work! I remember when I bagged my first dog.
: This one's real personal for me and Ned. Well, we lost half our unit to a farm cow when we were stationed in Hanoi. Far as we're concerned you're a drat hero, kid. We're both proud to know you.
: I have no words.
: I can't wait to see what you kill next!

Jimbo has some pretty nice swords. I really like this longsword for its reach ability.

On the other hand, the crossbows are massive disappointments. They deal a lot of damage, but they aren't as good as regular bows. We will not be using them.

You might expect fire and ice damage to cancel each other out, but they stack quite nicely. Though enemies don't take tick damage on turns that they skip due to being slowed.

And here's where we're breaking early. The sewers aren't very long and are pretty straightforward, but I really don't want to deal with another 100 screenshots on top of what we already have. So I'll see y'all on Saturday for part 2!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Kyle wear the Chewbacca mask in one of the Halloween episodes (as usual, the closest of each character contains a bunch of references to episodes). A bunch of people wear Chewbacca masks on South Park Halloween episodes. Wendy wears one, at one point.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
If I remember correctly, Shelly may be a tough opponent with some immunities, but she doesn't entirely count as a boss fight, which means that you can use summons during this fight and end it on the first turn.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I really hated the sewer level. Shocker, it's easy to get lost and turned around and wander around randomly throughout the sewer, not sure where the last thing you're looking for is.

MidnightHailstorm
Feb 10, 2014
Hm... defeating an opponent on her period just doesn't feel quite right. At least we got her grudging approval, I suppose.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
I did myself a favor and rented this game. It's great, and being a fan of South Park since the beginning, I caught a lot of the in-jokes and references. Playing as a Mage, I found myself unable to do any real damage to the enemies towards the middle without setting them on fire and inflicting bleed, since their armor values start to get ridiculous, and armor-shredding isn't particularly potent when you're dealing with a literal ton of armor. There were some solutions, but by the time I found/unlocked them I had the final ability at max-level and game balance went completely out the window.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seiren posted:

Playing as a Mage, I found myself unable to do any real damage to the enemies towards the middle without setting them on fire and inflicting bleed

Status effects are king in this game. Always go for them.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Hello everyone. So where were we?

Ah, right.

I normally don't like to split updates like that, but not doing so would have officially made it the longest one yet at 147 screenshots, before adding portraits and commentary. That also would have taken somewhere on the order of four or five hours to type up.

: Sparky just took a poo poo that looks EXACTLY like Cartman's head.
Kyle likes this.

Anyway, welcome to the sewers. See the grate on the left? There are a lot of those down here. Most of them are full of random garbage.

I can't find a link to it online, but an episode of the Drew Carey Show ended with the joke. "I'm gonna go buy us a couple of Golden Globes." Apparently they're common enough in South Park to be common trash in the sewers.

The sewers have a minor gimmick. See this torrent of waste water? You can shoot the red valve just above it and it stops the flow for a short time. The yellow valve on the far side permanently turns off the flow.

Over here you can find a random generator, which seems as good a place as any to tape the "defilibrator" that Al Gore gave us. Doing so makes a rat spawn and come over to attack.

It's the exact same type of encounter we found under the bar and they die approximately as quickly.

If you continue around past the wall we can continue on.

Christmas lights? Who would live in a tiny house in the sewers and string up Christmas lights? Actually, one of the random townies has an answer to that.

: I swear I heard a voice coming up from the sewers. It said something like "Ho-dee how."

Does that sound like someone you may know?

Don't forget this little guy hanging out behind the bars we raised with that switch.

Video:

: Howwwwwwwwwdy ho!!!

: Gosh thanks for comin to visit - but here EVERY DAY is Christmas! So when I say 'Howdy Ho!' you gotta say 'Howdy ho, Mr. Hankey!' Give it a try! 'Howdy Ho!'

: Hmm, guess they let anybody down in the sewers these days.

: Who's at the door? Is that the guy with my pills?
: No, it's not anyone with pills for you, darling, okay.

: I called that motherfucker three hours ago!
: This is my lovely wife Autumn. She celebrates Christmas with vodka and muscle relaxers.
: And here every day is Christmas! Wait... where the gently caress are my kids?
: What do you mean where are the kids, you were supposed to be watching them out back, Autumn!

: No! They were being watched by the baby sitter!
: THE BABY SITTER QUIT FOUR MONTHS AGO WHEN YOU THREW UP ON HER!
: DON'T YOU loving YELL AT ME!
: DON'T YO- Excuse us a minute.

Their argument continues, muffled but perfectly audible.

: DON'T YOU EVER EMBARRASS ME IN FRONT OF A STRANGER LIKE THAT!
: YOU'RE DRUNK! YOU'RE DRUNK, AUTUMN, AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE YOUR KIDS ARE!
: gently caress YOU! THEY'RE YOUR KIDS TOO, YOU PIECE OF poo poo!
: NO, gently caress YOU, AUTUMN! gently caress YOU!

: Howdy ho! Uh, listen, I gotta get my wife some help-

: Could you go look for our children? I sure would make it worth your while. There's Simon, Amber, and Cornwalis. Tell them their father wants them home right away.
: (from the house) MY BABIES! BRING ME MY BABIES- (vomits)

: YOU'RE A loving TRAIN WRECK!

I really liked Mr. Hankey better when he was a sly reference to Michigan J. Frog. Oh, and for the sake of reference, here's the episode where Mr. Hankey made his debut.

Can't really blame Stan for pointedly staring at his phone.

: (muffled) YOU PUT THAT VASE DOWN!
: (muffled) PUT THAT VASE DOWN!
: (muffled) THAT'S AN EXPENSIVE VASE!

This sewer pipe discharges its disgusting liquid on set intervals. So you have to wait for it to finish and then very quickly run through. Even a second's hesitation when it finishes means you won't make it through.

Honestly, this is the worst part of the sewer. There are several grates like this, and being hit by the sewage will damage you and push you back enough to make it annoying.

: Help!
: Hey, over here mister! Please get me down! I'm cold and hungry and I stink like poo poo!

Being held in place by a torrent of cold, raw sewage is probably way up there on the "gently caress my life" scale.

The valve on the left is the one that turns off the pipe draining onto Amber. The valve on the right turns off one of the two pipes to our right. It lets us access a treasure cache with absolutely nothing worthwhile in it.

: Thanks, mister! I wish I had a safe and warm environment in which to thrive, but I don't so I guess I'll go home.

Spot the homeless man, win a prize. That marks camp 4 of 7 dispersed.

Past the vagrant, we find another red valve. This turns the pipe into a timing puzzle as well. Also I want you guys to take a good look at this screen. Look over at the right edge of the screen. See what looks like a solid wall?

You can walk behind it. When I first played the game, I didn't realize you could walk back here for a very long time. I was especially annoyed because three sidequests have objectives back here.

Heading up first...

You can see our next hunting target in the wall. Leave some cheese on the pile and...

Look on the far left of the image, down next to the "item removed" text box. That's our next hunting target.

Here's a better look. It's a dick mouse. It lasts two whole turns.

Climbing down the ladder we can find another one of Mr. Hankey's kids and a camp of homeless guys.

: Santa Claus is on his way. Load of goodies on his sleigh. He'll dump them all on Christmas day. And I'll say "Howdy Ho!"

We beat up the homeless guys, which makes the fifth cleared camp. I also like the "poo poo show" sign. It's a cute touch.

: Thanks, kid! My drunkass mom sent me to get more eggnog and i got lost! See ya!

: Cool, I'm dressed up down in a sewer looking for pieces of poo poo.
: (I hope we can find those little poo poo nuggets!)
: Hope we can find those little poo poo nuggets!
: Hope we can find those n-nuggets!

Rescuing Cornwallis and beating up the homeless dudes gets us level 10. We're 2/3 of the way to the level cap! :toot:

GilliamYaeger asked about the broken bottle weapon in the thread. This is that weapon.

It doesn't deal a lot of raw damage, but you can throw it four times, and each hit deals one stack of bleeding and inflicts grossed out. Naturally I felt the need to attach a toothpick so now it deals two stacks of bleeding per hit.

Finally, Funnel of Frost gets even more kickass than before.

This is the ladder that prompted my rant above.

Douchebag is standing in front of a golden valve. When we turn it, it not only disables the sewage flow, but also lowers the water level.

As such. We've now got a shortcut back to Mr. Hankey and the surface. But we can also continue on now to the right.

But first, we can find a dirty toilet plunger and Mr. Twig.

I remember using this for a while on my first play-through. It's alright. Though I like my broadsword better.

The sixth camp of homeless guys is on the screen to the right. He jumps up out of the garbage when we approach.

And this marks the first opportunity to show off the broken bottle weapon. Everyone is grossed out and has at least two stacks of bleeding. The guy in the far back has four stacks of bleeding because he was hit twice.

Moving on...

Not very much on this screen worth noting. Though on the far left...

We can find Simon, the last of Mr. Hankey's missing children.

: Shoo you rat bastards!
: Help! They're after my nut!

We can kill these rats without even getting into a fight. Just run up and smack 'em. Though when we do so...

: Uh oh! You made their mama angry!

That is a lot of opponents. Though this does give me a perfect opportunity to show off the ultimate ability that mages get.

Pyre Ball.

Stan may have cleared out some of the opponents for us, but no matter.

It's a really good ability and it will only get better after we stuff a bunch of points into it.

: Thanks so much, mister! I was afraid those rats were gonna get me and I was gonna end up a floater!

In the Terrance & Phillip lunchbox nearby, we find a butane torch. It adds 50 fire damage on attack. It's kinda really good. We're also now Facebook friends with Simon, Amber, and Cornwallis.

This switch briefly opens up the grate on the far end of the platform. The sewer pipe in front of us is also timed, so you're going to lose some time waiting for the liquid sewage flow to end. The timer is pretty strict, but as long as you move quickly you can make it.

The timed grate hole pops us out on the left of where we climbed up into this room. The switch opens a shortcut back. The exit we're looking for, though, is on the far right.

It deposits us out down here, next to the final homeless camp to disperse.

See?

Throw this switch and we have a shortcut back to Mr. Hankey. Turn the valve in the back and it turns off the sewer pipe. See what I meant about the sewer level being really short?

Anyway, we've rescued all three of Mr. Hankey's kids. So let's go talk to him.

: Howdy ho! Thanks for finding my kids! Thank the nice man, nuggets!
: Thank you!
: Anytime you need my help, you just call on me and I'll be there as sure as a poo poo on a Sunday! Howwwwdy Ho!

: Except against bosses, of course. I might have poo poo for brains, but I'm not stupid. And I can't help you more than once per day. Just like I can't help anyone who won't help themselves with rehab.

Mr. and Mrs. Hankey add us on Facebook. Let's just move on.

Do you guys hear something? It sounds like rhythmic chanting. Let's climb down and see if we can hear it better.

But first, there's a backpack with these inside.

: Crab people, crab people, tastes like crab, talk like people.

Crab people?

Riiiight. Well he's pretty isolated back there, so we're perfectly safe for now.

We get ambushed by bats at some point. There is absolutely nothing noteworthy about them because they're really weak.

Guinea pig costume?

:swoon: Oh my god that is adorable.

Anyway, it's here that I get tired of using the broken bottle and switch back to the recurve bow. Though I also make some modifications.

I think they're ultimately for the better.

Also more cosmetic stuff. The exoskeleton patch adds 15 armor to any suit of armor. It's pretty good if you like armor. Armor.

Finally this is on the far right side of the cave. This is yet another place we can hunt an animal for Jimbo.

In my haste to get the drop on the bat, it got the drop on me.

This is one of the only attacks it got off. Being able to heal for a quarter of its health would be a bigger deal, except we can deal so much more than that in a single turn.

And now that we're level 10, Stan has access to his ultimate ability - Way of the Sword.

It only hits one target, but that doesn't matter at all. It's still really good.

Looks like he sets enemies on fire with his awesome swordplay.

This is the other attack the Fruit Bat got off. The defense down didn't matter at all because I killed the bat before it could attack again.

I'm tired of the sewers. Let's get out of here.

Much better. See you guys next time when we make a massive mistake.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That was some pretty standard dungeon-crawling, really. Not really terrible for a sewer level. Good job I guess?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Hello everyone. We're past the sewers and we never* have to go back in there. As far as sewer levels go, that one was positively mild. All the same, there's still relief at being done with it.

* (There's a Chinpokomon we can't get in the sewers until the very end of the game. There's also some minor loot hidden behind another traversal power we don't have yet. Though I can offscreen all of that.)

We've finished three sidequests, and made pretty good progress on a third. The fourth will have to wait for a bit. Let's start with Jimbo and make the rounds from there.

: That mouse was making us all look bad. In more ways than one eh, Ned?
: Speak for yourself.

: All right! Looks like that bat's sucked its last fruit!

: I can't wait to see what you kill next!

I feel I should mention, that Jimbo is giving us armor patches and weapon stickers with each bounty we turn in. So far none of them are worth mentioning. If I'm not mistaken, this current crop got us a sticker for a small amount of armor piercing, and a sticker for a minute amount of gross damage.

Next up is City Hall, to turn in the "evict the homeless" quest.

: Thanks, kid. Your work helping with the homeless of South Park will never be forgotten. Here's your cash.
: I don't wanna hear about your problems until you're eighteen, kid.

Complaining about the amount of money we received for beating up homeless people is kinda hosed up. But on the other hand $15 feels a tad on the low side.

On the other hand, we now have 70 Facebook friends.

It took a while to decide on this perk to take. None of the ones remaining were particularly appealing. I took bonus melee damage solely to make a boss fight in the distant future less of a pain in the rear end.

Back in the Drow Elf kingdom...

: Our territory is restored. I am honored to friend you, Dragonborn.

: gently caress YOU for smashing all my loving banners, rear end in a top hat!!! That's what I want you to tell the guy who did this, once you catch him for me.

: Hey if you're selling any pills let me know. I don't care what kind.

I know I'm going to regret doing this.

Every fiber of my being is screaming at me to not turn in this quest.

: Nice work! I will let you know of any updates on ManBearPig. Make sure to share the news on Facebook. I am super cereal.

: Keep an eye out for ManBearPig. I'll contact you on the Internet when I pinpoint his exact location.

That wasn't nearly as painful as I was expecting. Now let's check the quest log.

Yeah, that looks much better. Let's go pretend to be a goth kid.

(I'm really trying to waste time and get the last bits of XP before level 11. Spoilers, I don't succeed.)

Now if I remember correctly, they wanted us to look suitably goth.

lovely clothes? Check. Emo haircut? Check. Awful gothic styled glasses? Check. Pedophile facial hair? Check. A raging case of acne? Check and check!

Yeah, I think we look suitably goth. Also, is it just me, or can you all just feel the grease and oil coming through that image?

: Oh joy, it's Butthole the Barbarian from the Dungeons of Dumbass.
: You got to admit he looks better.
: Yeah, he's almost a goth.
: Being goth isn't just how you dress, it's a frame of mind. It's time for you to prove that you go against society's rules.
: Yeah.
: There's a big PTA meeting happening right now at the community center. You need to walk right into the middle of that meeting and tape this sign to their table.

: Yeah, THAT will prove your individuality.
: Go on, beat it. And don't come back until you have a picture of that sign taped to the PTA table.

: Go about your questing, hobbit boy.

: Go take the picture, jerk!

: Are your hobbit ears failing you? I gave you your quest.

: Bug off!

Not staying in those clothes a second longer than I have to.

: I think MBP is outside my secret base RIGHT NOW. Either that or a street sweeper.

Yeah, I don't care.

: Uh, yeah, have fun in there, I think I'll wait it out.
: (I'm not loving going in there. I'll wait out here.)
: No offense, but there's no point in both of us being grounded. I'm staying outside.
: Good luck in there, Douchebag. You're a braver man than I.

Video:

Douchebag with his gently caress the Conformists sign is kind of adorable. It's also peak South Park.

: It isn't right, I tell you! Out of nowhere this huge Taco Bell is being built, and now our children are missing precious school time!

: Parents, we've been assured by the builders that they are working to fix whatever problems they've encountered and school should be able to resume soon.

: Resume soon?! Who do they think they are? They think we're gonna see a Taco Bell as being more important than our kids' educations?

: What if it's not really a Taco Bell we're dealing with? Thank you for coming, New Kid. Everyone, this is the kid whose family just moved to town.

: We've become very close friends. His name is... what's your name?

: Well anyway, this child and I witnessed something last night, and I'd like you to hear his story. Go ahead, kid.

: Tell them, you know, about all the-- go ahead. Tell 'em. Tell 'em that stuff.

: This is a waste of everyone's time! If the PTA isn't going to do something about Taco Bell taking over then the rest of us parents will!
ALL: YEAH! THAT'S RIGHT! Let's go!
: COME ON!

: "gently caress the Conformists" Why? Are they a good lay?

: Why don't you exercise your free speech at home, little boy?

Oh no, it's started.

I knew we shouldn't have!

Now we're not safe!

GOD HELP US ALL!

Sorry about that. I'm not sure what came over me.

: Don't be screwing around in here.
: Hey, quit screwing around.
: You're always screwing around.
: Don't you know what happens when you screw around?

: This is a PTA meeting, young man, be on your way.

: I saw you on the ship. You have pretty good control over your rear end in a top hat.
: I don't blame you for not wanting to talk about it, but people need to know what's going on.

Make it stop! Mr. Mackey has a sidequest for us.

: I used to have a bad hoarding problem, m'kay, but I got past it. Now I can just throw things away. Would you mind throwing this away for me? I just need it thrown away somewhere very specific. I'll show you on your map. M'kay thanks.
: All purchases go directly to supporting the PTA, m'kay.

I've never actually used either of these weapons. I honestly usually forget that this shop even exists. The Batdadarang seems pretty nice in particular.

There's also this ugly-as-gently caress armor. Anyway, the story won't continue until we approach the PTA's table with our sign. The video I linked above also contains this cutscene.

: Look, I know how you're feeling, ok? But this isn't gonna solve anything. We've got to get inside that "Taco Bell" and find out what's really going on. Help me with that and I'll help you with this.

: I saw you on the ship - you have pretty good control over your farts. Meet me in the bathroom. It's time for you to learn some REAL power.

:mad: Dangit. Can there be one story quest we do that isn't ridiculously circuitous? Anyway, time to walk into the bathroom, alone, where a grown man is waiting to show us something.

: I can tell you have potential, but you are undisciplined.

: Let me show you what I mean. Come at me. Try and fart on me. Come on!

: (if you fail) Kee-ya! You call that farting on someone? You missed by a mile. Try again!

: Hai-CHAA! See that? Your fart's over there somewhere. Didn't come close.

: So... what do you do when people can block your farts? You must learn to control your farts to move and release at a specific time and place.

: I am going to teach you a fart called... The Sneaky Squeaker. It will become your greatest ally. Don't believe me? Try and block my attack.

: You see that? I distracted you. Distracting your opponents is key to battle. Look, let me show you again. Pay special attention to the viscosity.

: Okay, you try. Make your fart detonate behind me.

Each successive fart tutorial is less and less useful. A lot of folks have trouble with this one. As always, the key is to follow the prompts explicitly. Don't act until you see the tutorial at the top of the screen do so.

First you hold down the right thumbstick.

Next you find the frequency and hold it. The fart ball, that tiny green blob, will travel well past Randy. Don't worry about this, it's supposed to happen. A lot of people, myself included, tried to detonate it early. Why did I do this? Because I was listening to Randy. I was trying to detonate it when it was behind him.

Instead you're supposed to set off the fart way the gently caress over on the far left side of the screen. See that green spot on the ground? No? Well it's there. The fart ball is on the far left. That is where you're supposed to press the right thumbstick up. This tutorial has absolutely nothing in common with using this fart in the game proper, by the way. The controls are completely different.

: (if you fail) Undisciplined. Even a child could block that fart. Look, let me show you again. Pay special attention to the viscosity. (he farts) Okay, you try. Make your fart detonate behind me.
: (if you fail) No you're not forming it right. Imagine you're chewing bubblegum with your butthole. Look, let me show you again. Pay special attention to the viscosity. (he farts) Okay, you try. Make your fart detonate behind me.

I can't imagine how I got the wrong idea of how to do this tutorial when I first played. I mean the instructions are so clear.

: Oh hey, guys.
: Oh, Mr. Mackey.

: Now it's your turn. Use Sneaky Squeaker to distract Mr. Mackey over to the corner there.
: (if you fail) Wow, he's still going, huh? Do it again.
: (if you fail) You waited too long. The bubble popped in the wrong place. Do it again.

: Hey, did you guys hear that? Sounded like a chipmunk...

: KEE-YAAAA!

: Very, very good. Now, use what I've taught you to sneak inside that Taco Bell. Find out what they're up to and report back here.

: And no matter what happens, never fart on anyone's balls. You got that? All right, now go.

I guess we're sneaking into a Taco Bell construction site. Let's...

Uh, did I miss something in the middle of that tutorial?

: ManBearPig is the greatest threat to society today! Signal Boost! Share this message!

: Like this status is you are a Junior Al Gorean!

: You doing anything right now

: Hey hows your day going

: Why are you not answering my messages?

: Are you there?

: Please Respond! Please Please Please Please Please!

: ManBearPig attacks have doubled in the past six months! You have to help me spread awareness!

: ManBearPig. Any leads?

: Testing the Emergency ManBearPig Broadcast Network Test Test Test Test Test

: It is an outrage nobody cares ManBearPig is out there! Super cereal right now.

: Just went to the bathroom but I totally have to go again. What's up with that?

: Hey it's me Al Gore

: Throwing a huge MBP theme party. So many awesome people here.

: Had the best breakfast ever.

: Have you or any members of your family been mauled by ManBearPig?

: You need to check out this MBP video I just saw.

: I think MBP is outside my secret base RIGHT NOW. Either that or a street sweeper.

:stare: Holy poo poo. Yeah, we should probably go unfriend Al Gore. But first...

There's a Chinpokomon hiding in this back stall in the men's room.

Are you guys ready? Next time we're going to unfriend Al Gore on Facebook.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'm conflicted on Randy in this game. On one hand, he's funny, on the other, he loving derails the plot and is responsible for most of the annoying minigames. Also, good luck with Al Gore.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 25, 2015

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I don't remember when it started but the Crab People chant has been an inside joke between my wife and I for years, happy to hear it again here :3:

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Ok, so when will we be farting on someones balls, since the game is practically spelling it out for you at every drat fart tutorial?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Sylphosaurus posted:

Ok, so when will we be farting on someones balls, since the game is practically spelling it out for you at every drat fart tutorial?

Dude, you don't fart on someone's balls, that's just wrong

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

It is a running gag and is in no way significant to the plot.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 25, 2015

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Sylphosaurus posted:

That you suggest that Douchebag would ever break with the Gentleman's Code is sickening! Sickening I tell you!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Good lord, how fast is Al Gore sending you messages? Just because you invented the Internet doesn't mean you get all you want for free, man!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I don't think Mr. Albert Arnold Gore actually sent him all of those in that short timeframe. But DN wants to show all of them anyway.
But that side quest is probably the most important one of them all. He posts one comment every few seconds and has to be stopped at all costs.

I don't really like southpark Al Gore.

VVVV That's a cool guy with good opinions. To bad he had to work as a taxi driver.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 25, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Air is lava! posted:

I don't really like southpark Al Gore.

What about Futurama Al Gore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
Farts have actual battle properties, something too often ignored in various LPs. Players usually only fart to stop channeling effects, but farts do more than just deal Gross Out damage. The Sneaky Squeaker, for instance, can also distract foes, which is an invaluable skill in your upcoming quest to unfriend Al Gore.

Or you can just have Jimmy put everyone to sleep if you want the easy way out

But yeah, SP:SoT is a game designed for the juvenile mind, and if you're not farting on everyone, at every opportunity, with a variety of different farts; then you just aren't playing the game right.

• Locked thread