Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
idk i always lock the phone when i hear "okay, forty-f–" and the timer still rings after 45 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

make sure nothings near the proximity sensor when you use "Hey Siri". that will cause it to cancel.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Shaggar posted:

yeah but even that poo poo she fucks up half the time cause even if shes processed the request if you cut her off mid sentence she cancels it to spite you.

:qq:

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
I use it for navigation on my garbage phone for poors because gently caress entering addresses by hand and it works really well in my experience, probably because it has a fairly defined context from position data. But then again i've been consistently impressed with the quality of Google's voice recognition, maybe only the French team is competent or something.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Shaggar posted:

yeah but even that poo poo she fucks up half the time cause even if shes processed the request if you cut her off mid sentence she cancels it to spite you.

that has never happened

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Siri, directions to mall of America on bike:

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
walks into an office, shouts 'cortana, play nickleback on repeat' walks out as employees flee the floor

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

lol

something something shaggar

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

theultimo posted:

Siri, directions to mall of America on bike:

lol if you bike in america

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

lol

something something shaggar

holy poo poo it's actually a crime?? haha

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

ya, riding a bicycle on the street w/ car traffic is reckless and puts a lot of people in danger.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

PleasureKevin posted:

why wouldnt it be

its a crime even in bike-happy denmark to bike on a motorway

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Phoenixan posted:

you probably can't even play a console game without Internet these days

everything will eventually fade away into dust etc etc

There are ps4 and xbone games on disc that are broke as hell if you don't have an Internet connection for that day one patch (the evil within had massive optimization issues on ps4 if you didn't install that patch)

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They put the surfer dude voice back into Here maps

Praise be upon here maps

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Lightbulb Out posted:

do people actually use voice activated poo poo? every time i've tried its been more of a pain in the rear end than just doing it without voice activation

i have an accent and it works 95% of the time

it's convenient when i'm lying in bed and want to set an extra alarm or launch a program while i'm doing something else.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dodoman posted:

i have an accent and it works 95% of the time

it's convenient when i'm lying in bed and want to set an extra alarm or launch a program while i'm doing something else.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFRoYhTJQQ is this you

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
shaggar seems to have all of the problems with mac/iphone products all the time that i never have had or have heard of people having

so for that, thanks, shaggar, for being hte magnet that sucks in all the mac/iphone problems so users like me get a flawless experience

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

sure

pram
Jun 10, 2001
shagger intentionally has problems with macs. he has computer munchausen syndrome

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

my friend has this byzantine system where he uses apple music and icloud music library as well as using itunes to sync 5000 of his favourite songs to his phone over USB like a loving caveman

then he hosed around with it and turned off iclour music library and was like "all my songs are gone! gently caress you apple!!!

...oh also I hit ctrl+a delete in itunes at some point BUT CLEARLY ITS APPLES FAULT THAT I HAVE TO SYNC MY PLAYLIST AGAIN AND REBUILD MY APPLE MUSIC LIKES"

subsonic+isub also play into this somehow because of reasons

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

yeah someone wrote an angry screed of a blog post complaint about the same thing

what did you think was going to happen when you deleted all your music? :confused:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

THC posted:

my friend has this byzantine system where he uses apple music and icloud music library as well as using itunes to sync 5000 of his favourite songs to his phone over USB like a loving caveman

then he hosed around with it and turned off iclour music library and was like "all my songs are gone! gently caress you apple!!!

...oh also I hit ctrl+a delete in itunes at some point BUT CLEARLY ITS APPLES FAULT THAT I HAVE TO SYNC MY PLAYLIST AGAIN AND REBUILD MY APPLE MUSIC LIKES"

subsonic+isub also play into this somehow because of reasons

yeah most big apple complaints end up being from people who break their poo poo somehow and want to bring the Best Computing Company down a peg because they don't want to blame themselves.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

itunes sync is in the grave, and they've got the shovels out and they're shovelling dirt on it. the only apple product that does not have some kind of wireless data transfer is the shuffle. one day they are going to release an iphone with no ports at all, it will have induction charging and wireless communication and that's it. nerds will cry a river of tears and the tears will be delicious.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lightbulb Out posted:

do people actually use voice activated poo poo? every time i've tried its been more of a pain in the rear end than just doing it without voice activation

I'd use it in a car setting - connecting a win 8 phone to aux or Bluetooth would make Cortana prompt you about texts when they came in. I'm not sure how to make my iPhone do it when on Bluetooth, but it sorta does it with CarPlay, albeit way slower and clunkier than my old setup. Siri is too loving wordy, and a lot pickier with what you can tell it in that context.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

THC posted:

itunes sync is in the grave, and they've got the shovels out and they're shovelling dirt on it. the only apple product that does not have some kind of wireless data transfer is the shuffle. one day they are going to release an iphone with no ports at all, it will have induction charging and wireless communication and that's it. nerds will cry a river of tears and the tears will be delicious.

ive been wanting this since i xperienced wireless changing on me ol nexus 4. no plugs ftw

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

pram posted:

shagger intentionally has problems with macs. he has computer munchausen syndrome

munchausen syndrome by http proxy

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

fritz posted:

munchausen syndrome by http proxy

:laffo:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

theultimo posted:

X post

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/18/9174887/microsoft-cortana-intel-voice-activation

Thanks Intel. Thanks Microsoft. Let's build a Kinect voice activation into EVERY PC

does cortana get confused by audio playing out of the computer itself?
"cortana, bing horse cock" could be the new rickroll

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

the best feature of windows 10

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
the flat, uninspired interface? or the mismatched chrome icon

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
i just realized that the file explorer icon looks like a fu man chu

:aaa:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

that i can turn off cortana and web searching

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

also you do know that the chrome icon is google's responsibility and not microsoft's, right

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
I'm the photoshop

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
adventures in the microsoft store today
- the big xbox kinect display outside had "windows 10" ads all over it
- sales staff bugged me twice and offered coupon "today only" $50 off that fitness band thing
- confirmed "trs10" is the admin password on win10 tablets
- random passerby came up to me and asked if i knew the way to the apple store

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

arent most ms stores located within view of an apple store?

the contrast in traffic is always good for a lol (sometimes even a lmao)

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

adventures in the microsoft store today
- the big xbox kinect display outside had "windows 10" ads all over it
- sales staff bugged me twice and offered coupon "today only" $50 off that fitness band thing
- confirmed "trs10" is the admin password on win10 tablets

~looks up the trs10 thing~

lol

also i'm surprised that the apple store wasn't within eyesight of the microsoft store, every MS store i've seen so far has been weirdly positioned almost next to an apple

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

duTrieux. posted:

the best feature of windows 10

that circle seems to be lost

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

duTrieux. posted:

also you do know that the chrome icon is google's responsibility and not microsoft's, right

checks out because the chrome icon looks best of that bunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Ice_2_c_u posted:

that circle seems to be lost

it's a permanent 'enable cortana' button

microsoft really wants people to use the naked blue big-titty video-game lady

duTrieux. fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 20, 2015

• Locked thread