Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The suit is fine except for those god awful arm spikes/blades/whatever. They look far too cumbersome and useless, and remind me of all those random spikes/blades on the AzBat outfit from the 90's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really love his old suit, but that's a good design too. I like how they kept the skull in there, too.

It's just another trend of being a good design for Spidey, but nothing will ever beat the classic.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Spider-people have way too many good designs going for them. Kaine's Scarlet Spider outfit is awesome, Miles' is fantastic, Spider-Punk was great, Anya's outfit was really good, SpiderHero is the best and Spider-Gwen is perfect.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wait why is Eddie Toxin now? Did I miss something somewhere?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TheJoker138 posted:

Wait why is Eddie Toxin now? Did I miss something somewhere?

It was done against his will in the Agent Venom series.

He ended up taking control of and going off to do his own thing at the end though.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 19, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

X-O posted:

It was done against his will in the Agent Venom series.

He ended up taking control of and going off to do his own thing at the end though.

Ah, I stopped reading Agent Venom after the creative team change.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TheJoker138 posted:

A very wise decision.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

A very wise decision.

Bro, that avatar...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Bro, that avatar...

What can I say, someone's got a crush on me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

What can I say, someone's got a crush on me.

I feel like it needs one more verse.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I feel like it needs one more verse.

The meter's totally off, too.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Lurdiak posted:

The meter's totally off, too.

What's with the Hispanic girl theme to all of these?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Probably Magic posted:

What's with the Hispanic girl theme to all of these?

His original avatar was a Hispanic cartoon girl with a Spanish quote.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheJoker138 posted:

Eddie becoming Toxin was before Remender left

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Right, so thoughts on today's books. Spoilers, naturally.

RYV: I'm guessing that yet again, Dan Slott's going to fail to stick the landing. It's looking like there's way too much to get wrapped up. Regent's character continues to be as thin as the paper he's printed on. I mean, how come people in the Regency don't know about God Doom? If ordinary people don't know about him, how'd Regent fin out? For that matter, who the hell did the Regent usurp? Why's he decided to chalenge Doom? Does he really think Peter's Spider-Sense is going to somehow overcome God? We don't even get the Peter & Mary Jane interaction that's been the strong point of this book so far. It was nice to see Sandman on the side of the angels again, and the Spot made an unexpected appearance. Also, :rip: D-Man. I mean this is miles ahead of Spider-Verse (the version Slott wrote, not the Secret Wars version), but I don't see how the hell this can get wrapped up satisfactorily at all. Or how this is meant to lead into the new Spider-Man.

Spider-Verse: I was pleasantly surprised. Spider-Ham continues to be dumb as two short planks, but I found it amusing this time. Also another married-with-a-kid Peter. Seems like writers like looking into that particular idea. Also, of course Norman built himself a throne where he rants about taking over the world. I think I see where things are going to set up Web Warriors - note that Electro is the only one of Norman's group still at the base with the Spiders - and the Siege Perilous. I'm guessing that's how he becomes a large-enough-scale threat for them to have to fight across the multiverse.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I don't think any Secret Wars books are really going to lead into ANAD stuff unless it is a continuing series like A-Force.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

His original avatar was a Hispanic cartoon girl with a Spanish quote.

Racism is hilarious.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senor Candle posted:

I don't think any Secret Wars books are really going to lead into ANAD stuff unless it is a continuing series like A-Force.

Which Spider-Verse is. It's getting a new name, but there's an ongoing by the same creative team, featuring the same characters launching after SW ends.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Which Spider-Verse is. It's getting a new name, but there's an ongoing by the same creative team, featuring the same characters launching after SW ends.

What's the new Spider Verse title?

http://kotaku.com/spider-man-s-daughter-just-wants-to-be-like-her-dad-1725080949

I know, it's Kotaku, but it seems most seem to like RYV for whatever reason. One commenter even claims Slott "revitalized" Spider-Man for them after OMD.

Is it really decent or is it like everything else Slott does and its lackluster after a few issues and has no meaningful end?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Not quite the same creative team. The new Spider-Verse book is Web Warriors by Costa and David Baldeon, who rocked the art on Nova among other things. I love his stuff

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

Marvel's telling retailers that RYV #5 is going to be massive like Spider-Gwen #1 was. There's 1:100, 1:150 and 1:200 variants that were added the week of the final order. The 1:200's cover will reflect the twist that happens OR SO THEY TELL US.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
By the way, how has RYV been as a whole so far? And would anyone mind providing a short synopsis of the plot?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Pureauthor posted:

By the way, how has RYV been as a whole so far? And would anyone mind providing a short synopsis of the plot?

Really fun. The plot is that a villain rules the domain and his killed/beaten all the heroes except for a small underground resistance. Peter has long since stopped being a superhero and instead focuses on being a husband and wife. People with powers are a big no-no because it threatens the ruler of the domain and so Peter and his daughter have to wear power dampeners. Something happens that pulls him and now his daughter into the public again.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

Marvel's telling retailers that RYV #5 is going to be massive like Spider-Gwen #1 was. There's 1:100, 1:150 and 1:200 variants that were added the week of the final order. The 1:200's cover will reflect the twist that happens OR SO THEY TELL US.

Had a feeling this was going to happen. I really don't care if Spider-Man is married or not, I just want good stories.

Renew Your Vows is pretty good, so I guess I'll stick around, and give Slott a chance.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

X-O posted:

Really fun. The plot is that a villain rules the domain and his killed/beaten all the heroes except for a small underground resistance. Peter has long since stopped being a superhero and instead focuses on being a husband and wife. People with powers are a big no-no because it threatens the ruler of the domain and so Peter and his daughter have to wear power dampeners. Something happens that pulls him and now his daughter into the public again.

Deep down I knew MJ was just Peter in a wig...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Deep down I knew MJ was just Peter in a wig...

That's what happens when you try to be lazy and hit the suggested words from your tablet to complete your sentences instead of typing it the old fashioned way. But then again this is an alternate universe so who knows.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rhyno posted:

Didn't they already reveal the post sw book and he is in Japan or something. So I am not sure what that twist could be.

Edit unless it is in the story itself, but that would be silly as who cares none of this matters.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 20, 2015

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Pfft if it's not good enough to put it behind a 1:5000 then why even bother?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Racism is hilarious.

I spent 7 years with the stupid newbie avatar before buying my own, relish in the fact that you managed to get that much reaction out of people.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I spent 7 years with the stupid newbie avatar before buying my own, relish in the fact that you managed to get that much reaction out of people.

One time I quoted Dickeye and agreed with him, and he still went nuclear.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Dickeye was my first friend from SA please excuse him he is a very nice person.

Anyway, I just wanna triple-check and make sure the Spider-Gwen creative team is sticking around and resuming where they left off after the event. I haven't read any comics since week 2 of the event and haven't kept up with much of the news.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
So you haven't read Gwen being awesome in Spiderverse along with all the other fun spider-people? Seriously, this is a good event.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Flameingblack posted:

Dickeye was my first friend from SA please excuse him he is a very nice person.

Anyway, I just wanna triple-check and make sure the Spider-Gwen creative team is sticking around and resuming where they left off after the event. I haven't read any comics since week 2 of the event and haven't kept up with much of the news.

Yes, the series will resume with the same team.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Soonmot posted:

So you haven't read Gwen being awesome in Spiderverse along with all the other fun spider-people? Seriously, this is a good event.
After week 2 I decided to wait until it was over and read everything in one sitting instead of waiting week to week, or month to month for my favorite titles :(

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I was reading ASM 122 today and I noticed a spelling error. Considering how famous the book is I thought I would have heard of that by now, but I've never heard anyone mention it. Is this something someone has brought up before? Was it fixed in like a Marvel Tales or something?

Hero for Hero lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo like that happened all the time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Tell that to Bob Banner and Peter Palmer.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skwirl posted:

Tell that to Bob Banner and Peter Palmer.

Peter Palmer... That's Super-Man, right?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I think in Ock's second appearance (the one where he defeats Spidey because Peter has a cold), he calls Spider-Man "Superman".

Hell they had to retcon "Bruce" as the nickname for Banner because they kept loving up his name in the comics and couldn't decide between Robert and Bruce for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Isn't the official version that his full name is Robert Bruce Banner, and he's just one of those people that prefers his middle name?

• Locked thread